rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Post Break up lifestyle change - advice

redacted

I would vote on either number 2 or 3.
You can live on a much cheaper budget in SE Asia than you could in NY.

Brooklyn is expensive, especially while you're just getting your business off the ground. Go hustle in Asia and establish yourself. I'm basically doing the same.

Haha I first read that as Point Break lifestyle change. That's what you should do man. You're already a lawyer now you just have to learn to surf, go skydiving and become an FBI agent, and you'll be set up nicely.

If you are breaking up "because your game degraded", your problems are probably a little bigger. Next time, keep a level head and never stop running game... women in public, co-workers, interns, your new girlfriend. I'm not saying you have to cheat, but it will keep you from reverting to a beta.

That said, the 4HWW is a load of crap. Do you have enough money stashed away that you can live comfortably for 12-18 months in case your plan doesn't work out? SE Asia is very cheap right now but the risk is much higher if it fails. Make sure you have a backup plan.

When you factor in risk and practicality, #3 sounds like the optimal choice to me.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

redacted

Quote: (12-03-2011 10:52 PM)Only One Man Wrote:  

Haha I first read that as Point Break lifestyle change. That's what you should do man. You're already a lawyer now you just have to learn to surf, go skydiving and become an FBI agent, and you'll be set up nicely.

I like this guy!

redacted

Quote: (12-04-2011 01:52 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (12-04-2011 09:51 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

If you are breaking up "because your game degraded", your problems are probably a little bigger. Next time, keep a level head and never stop running game... women in public, co-workers, interns, your new girlfriend. I'm not saying you have to cheat, but it will keep you from reverting to a beta.

That said, the 4HWW is a load of crap. Do you have enough money stashed away that you can live comfortably for 12-18 months in case your plan doesn't work out?

Dude, I'm a lawyer. Money is the least of my issues.

And that's exactly what Roosh is doing. Bang provides him with the papes to get flags.

Easiest money you can make, It's the American Dream © Chad Butler

Quote: (12-04-2011 09:51 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

SE Asia is very cheap right now but the risk is much higher if it fails. Make sure you have a backup plan.

When you factor in risk and practicality, #3 sounds like the optimal choice to me.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. But at this point, i've done enough playing it safe.

I don't know any rich lawyers. I know more than a few who pull down a 3-6 milli a year, but 20+ years in the game, they're still working 60-80 hour weeks.

And believe me, it's not because they love it.

WIA.

Oh trust me, my dad took a slightly different path but he is one of them.

Might as well take the plunge if you're ready and money's no issue then. You aren't getting any younger.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote:Quote:

"Easiest money you can make, It's the American Dream © Chad Butler"

That's my shit...RIP PIMP C

Quote: (12-04-2011 01:52 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

And that's exactly what Roosh is doing. Bang provides him with the papes to get flags.

Easiest money you can make, It's the American Dream © Chad Butler

WIA.

Roosh has also been blogging for 7 years or so. It isn't exactly easy or fast money.

I am not sure exactly what you want to do, but more than likely will require a different skill set. Sometimes getting those skills take time.

I did pretty much the same thing as you. I got out of a consultancy niche that I was paid pretty damn well to start my own business.

For me, it was the best move. Lots of hard work and tough times but well worth it. Just don't blow through all your cash since it may take some time to get things rolling.

Quote: (12-03-2011 04:05 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

You know the drill. Get decent at the game, run through ten broads, find a cool one, and then end up in a relationship. Then you break up cause your game degrades.

Done with the Russian Doll for now and i'm transitioning out.

I'm an attorney doing slop work for big law. Jobs come and go. But my current j.o. is close to the end. Rather than get a new place and get back on the treadmill....I was thinking of changing it up.

No job, no place, no lease, no girl, no car.

Currently pursuing a Tim Ferris 4 hour Work Week type muse, where I plan to get it manufactured in Asia.

So my Choices

1) Plan Asia - 1 way ticket to Thailand, chillax, then set up shop in the Philippines, Bali, or Thailand. Pursue my muse from there, work on some other projects, maybe even do some legal stuff there.

2) Plan Brooklyn - Find a spot in BK near the action for 1300 or less, and get it popping in NYC. Do my 4hww stuff strictly online (no factory visits)

3) blended - Rent a room/apt in NYC , ship out to SE Asia until my business is hunky dory.

Which way would you go?

WIA

If you have the cash stashed away to weather the potential storm and you want Asia to be the hub of your business, then you should pursue plan #1. Staying the states - Brooklyn no less - while unemployed is a tough thing to do because it's so expensive to live there.

I don't see the value in #3 - if you're in Asia why pay for an apartment in NYC? It will get expensive if you plan on going back and forth.

Not sure exactly what business you want to build, but if the work can be done online, why not go to Asia, have some fun and work hard at the same time, and live cheaply. As an attorney, you can always return to the workforce (stay current).

I've thought about this a lot myself because in a very similar situation (have some money and want to do something different). When my job ends in a few months, I can tell you there is absolutely no way I am going to stay in a stale location (DC) and continue paying rent for a lifestyle that sucks. Only choice, if you really want to change it up, is to go overseas and open up yourself to the world. You may fail, but at least you'll fail on your own terms...and not "the man's."

Best tip I can give you is to always keep an emergency stash to get yourself started again in case things don't work out...and wear a condom...for the love of God wear a fucking condom.