rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Romania thread

The Romania thread

I've actually been a member on this board for a pretty long time and have picked up a lot of good info from it which has improved my game, though with only around 90 posts I'm definitely more of a lurker than an active member. I plan to change that and become much more proactive on here, so I'm creating this thread to share my experiences/tips/advice on gaming in Romania and to allow other guys with knowledge to post it all in one convenient place.

To start, here are a couple of data sheets I've done recently...
Cluj-Napoca: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-7850.h...light=cluj
Brasov: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8369.h...light=cluj

I hope to be as helpful as possible here and also to pick up useful info from others to allow my game to progress.

The Romania thread

Romania: the basics

Romanian girls: The average Romanian girl is petite to medium-height and slim (very few fatties here). Dark looks and brown hair dominate in Bucharest and the south, with the girls becoming fairer the closer you get to Hungary and Ukraine. They don't initally come across as being super-friendly but once you get into a conversation with them many of them are really sweet and noticeably more feminine than western girls.

The guys: Romanian women are significanly better-looking than Romanian men, although the guys here are better looking than in Poland (and, from what I've heard, Ukraine and Russia). You see many guys dating up although most guys with the 9s and 10s are at least decent-looking, stylish and have an air of confidence. Despite the macho Eastern European stereotype, Romanian guys are generally pretty passive and non-agressive. They don't tend to approach much and many people go out as couples or in mixed groups.

Drinking culture: Romanians aren't big drinkers and some girls have only a couple of drinks all night. Having said that, a couple of drinks is better than nothing.

One night stands vs. dating: The ONS is definitely possible here but there isn't a big ONS culture the way Roosh describes in Poland. There have been a couple of times I thought I was getting some the same night only to be met with major resistence or logistical nightmares. Unless you get lucky or your game is very sharp, expect a couple of meetings before a bang.

Patriotism, or lack thereof: Most Romanian girls I meet have a mixed attitude towards their country. They are quick to slag it off but when you speak positively about it their faces light up. Telling girls you like Bucharest/Romania in a not overly obvious "I'm-only-saying-this-to-fuck-you" kind of way has yielded positive results for me.

Flakiness: I've had a reasonably high proportion of flakes here but that may be due to mistakes, e.g. I spent too long being happy to settle for a number/Facebook and have only recently rectified this. Hopefully this will bear positive fruits.

Language barrier: Almost everyone under 35 speaks decent English and Romanian isn't a difficult language to learn if you speak any other Latin-based language.

Exotic appeal: I'd guess if you were tall and blonde you might get more attention than someone like me who actually looks pretty Romanian (short, brown hair and eyes, swarthy). I've seen very few Asian or black guys here and of those I have seen, the quality of girls they were with varied hugely, so don't necessarily expect something purely because of your nationality/ethnicity.

Attitude towards Westerners: Compared to places like Prague and Tallinn where being foreign (particularly British, German or Italian) might have negative connotations, girls here react at worst indifferently and at best positively to western guys, although as I mentioned above don't expect this alone to do the job. Bucharest isn't a touristy city and isn't likely to become one any time soon, and as long as the likes of Cluj and Sibiu stay off the stag party route, Romania will avoid the fate of those places for at least a few years to come.

The Romania thread

Other good Romania threads for reference:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-5360.h...ht=romania

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-7210.h...ht=romania

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8431.html

The Romania thread

Thanks for great info. I am still trying to find out more about Timisoara as I'm trying to decide between going there and Cluj. I've heard it is just as much as the party town that Cluj is but it doesn't sound like many tourists go there.

The Romania thread

Quote: (11-28-2011 04:38 PM)Yams Wrote:  

Thanks for great info. I am still trying to find out more about Timisoara as I'm trying to decide between going there and Cluj. I've heard it is just as much as the party town that Cluj is but it doesn't sound like many tourists go there.

Can't give you any first-hand info about Timisoara unfortunately but I've heard it shares many similarities with Cluj. If that's true you'll no doubt have a good time there.

The Romania thread

Timisoara is packed with italians.Its due to the fact that many italians opened shoe and clothing factories here during the '90s,when rumanian labor was cheap.
Now that rumania is part of the EU and wages are substantially higher,most of these factories have either closed or relocated, but the italians stayed here as permanent residents(mostly because of the easy-to-get pussy).All you have to do is take a walk in the main boulevard and you will see hordes of middle aged italians speaking loudly in their language.

The Romania thread

Another report on Romania: http://hashconspiracy.tumblr.com/post/21...a-surprise

The Romania thread

Excellent insights here. Any good info on Romanian black sea coast? Haven't seeen any on the forum yet.

The Romania thread

my romanian friend tells me there is a good party town along the romanian black sea coast. She said its full of university kids, i think shes paying 500 canadian for a week there (hotel, food etc).

The Romania thread

Quote: (04-16-2012 10:30 AM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

my romanian friend tells me there is a good party town along the romanian black sea coast. She said its full of university kids, i think shes paying 500 canadian for a week there (hotel, food etc).

And the name of the town is...?

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

The Romania thread

Constanca probably. Heard good things about the place, never been.

Balkan Power Individual™