rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is "alpha"?

What is "alpha"?

I'm looking for someone who can define what it means to be 'alpha'.

It seems to me that people make up their own definition as they go along, or they just choose from a selection of possible behaviors and the one deemed most dickish is the 'alpha' behavior.

The reason this term troubles me is for two reasons, mainly. One, its definition is tenuous at best. Two, the PUA community seems to be much more hung up on being 'alpha' than on doing what works to pick up and bang women.

I like Roosh's blog because he doesn't spend all his time talking about alpha/beta shit and focuses on what's important - what works on the girls.

But Roissy/Heartiste bugs me because he not only focuses almost exclusively on being 'alpha' rather than simply what works, but he also has shown he has no clue how to define the word. He has contradicted himself and his logic is circular. In addition, I have questioned his assertions several times and in each and every case, he deleted my posts (or more accurately didn't even allow them to show in the first place). That's not very alpha if you ask me.

He HAS stated that (paraphrasing) "a guy who gets lots of pussy is by definition, alpha". And yet, there are lots of guys in the world many of you would consider very beta who get lots of pussy. His reasoning is circular. He'll look at a guy and call him alpha the whole way through, but if that guy doesn't land the chick, oh, he's beta! Or vice versa. If a guy appears to be beta and does land the hot girl, oh, then he must have some very alpha qualities that I can't see! It's all bullshit. Why do you say he's beta? Because he didn't get the girl. Why didn't he get the girl? Because he's beta! WTF? This is ridiculous.

So I'm asking here. What is alpha? Be precise. Be complete.

What is "alpha"?

[Image: smiley_beat_dead_horse2.gif]

This is probably the most beat to death topic after race. People get way too caught up over this. In my opinion, it's just a bell curve continuum of dominant male behavior. Not a completely here or there, black and white thing. On the right end, you have an elite number of alphas that gradually taper off, and on the left end Omegas. Most men are betas heaped up in the middle somewhere. Breaking it out into these sub categories like low beta, middle beta, high beta, low alpha, high alpha is a bit much IMO. I think sex is a result, not a cause of being alpha. Because like you said, there are betas that get plenty of sex if they have found a niche that works for them, such as the guy who plays music that women love.

ps - Roosh, can we add the beating a dead horse emoticon to the list?

What is "alpha"?

Gooood NOOOOO!!! Please, not another what is an Alpha thread!!

Anyone who wants to know what an Alpha is, here you go!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=alpha

NOW, STOP ASKING!!!

* I need to go start a "Latino guys kill in Poland/Iceland thread" [Image: lol.gif]

Mixx

What is "alpha"?

Alpha is that which is attractive to women

Beta is that which is unattractive to women

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

What is "alpha"?

Quote: (11-28-2011 01:39 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Disagree.

In a world before the invention of property and money when nobody was rich and there was no socio-economic hierarchy, this was the case.

Once money and property is invented, a guy with high socio-economic value like fame and money can get laid easily and still be a beta. Lewis Hamilton seems like an obvious beta and still banged Nicole.

As a former music journalist, I have hung out with plenty of beta rock stars. Including ones that have a public image as a "sex god" (no, I am not going to name names here so dont ask).

Many of them, with a girl they want, will only have a "plan a" which is to impress her with fame / money.

When that does not work their "plan b" mostly consists of "but dont you know who I am ?!" followed by a period of begging. "Come onnnnn !! Please come back to my hotel room !!! Pleeease !!!"

What is "alpha"?

Alpha is understanding what leverage you have in the society you live in, coming to terms with this leverage in accordance to your inherent nature and acting accordingly (doing what makes one comfortable).

Alpha doesn't sweep the board with one motion. Some guys claim alpha but they wank viciously (no lizard) and climb precarious mountains with no safety harness to prove how manly they are.
Or they fight recklessly in cage fights and proudly wield their scars as a testimony to their alphaness.

Others score tons of lizards but couldn't squeeze out 15 pushups on their best day.

Being alpha is being knowledgeable about one's standings in the society they live in and being comfortable about the standings and the terms they should abide by.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

What is "alpha"?

Maybe this topic has beaten to death because people throw the word around without it really having any meaning.
This thread proves that even you guys with thousands of posts can't agree. My point is, if it's so subjective, then why bother using it? To me, it is meaningless if you say that alpha is what is attractive to women, but then turn around and say that some guy who is getting laid because he's loaded is beta. Plenty of women will bang a guy who has money even if he's not particularly interesting, manly, dominant or leading. Only the biggest boors manage to really repel women even though they have oodles of cash.

So I ask again, if we're going to use this word, what does it mean? If you want to say it's a "leader" or a "dominant" man, then fine, but they don't always swim in pussy. Can you reconcile those two things?

What is "alpha"?

Quote: (11-28-2011 02:22 PM)Smoker Wrote:  

Maybe this topic has beaten to death because people throw the word around without it really having any meaning.
This thread proves that even you guys with thousands of posts can't agree. My point is, if it's so subjective, then why bother using it? To me, it is meaningless if you say that alpha is what is attractive to women, but then turn around and say that some guy who is getting laid because he's loaded is beta. Plenty of women will bang a guy who has money even if he's not particularly interesting, manly, dominant or leading. Only the biggest boors manage to really repel women even though they have oodles of cash.

So I ask again, if we're going to use this word, what does it mean? If you want to say it's a "leader" or a "dominant" man, then fine, but they don't always swim in pussy. Can you reconcile those two things?

There is a classic alpha and there is a new age alpha.

A classic alpha in the jungle will survive because he is the aggressive, male will proper alpha traits.

In this Western hemisphere, classic alphas are usually in prison or being socially and financial castrated by systems in place to 'empower' lizards such as unnecessarily high and unfairly enforced child support laws, alimony and all that other bullshyt.

Back in the days, if another male got in your face, you would lay down your gauntlet and do battle.
Nowadays, to act naturally, means to risk your freedom taken.
It means, you have the weaker (simp males, lizards) that have liberty to step in a man's face with relative non fear of repercussion.

With this in mind, a new age alpha has to be smart. He has to be less reactionary and more actionary meaning he has to predict moves and do better screening.
A lot of this counters a real alpha but survival is the key and I don't care who you are but if you doing a straight 10 years cos you tried to alpha up on some lizard or some dude, you've lost.

Hope that makes sense.

This definition is up for correction from those who see fit.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

What is "alpha"?

Nice answer that gets to the point. Alpha is a measure of status, and status is relative, so this isn't nearly as complicated as guys make it out to me.

Half-right.

The other half is "leaders of men."

If you're the man men want to be, and women want to be with, you're an apex alpha.

What is "alpha"?

This is an interesting thread and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone's definition is.

In my eyes being 'alpha' is a very subjective and intangible thing. I tend to think of it as the natural leader of a group, however this isn't as simple as it seems; in a group of betas the most alpha of the betas will be the natural leader, even though in other groups this man is not alpha. As others have said, it's a spectrum rather than black and white.

What is "alpha"?

I look at it from the standpoint of being Beta and being Non-Beta(Alpha). Beta activity happens when you are trying to please everyone and compromise yourself and your integrity. Alpha is being comfortable being yourself, not compromising on your standards, and doing as you truly please.

What is "alpha"?

James Bond.

What is "alpha"?

An Alpha man is a Manly Man who makes his own decisions, doesn't ask for anyone's advice, never backs down from a fight, isn't needy, is attracted to hot women and most importantly he likes to lead and not FOLLOW.

What is "alpha"?

[Image: smiley_beat_dead_horse2.gif] smiley added

The code is deadhorse in between colons.

What is "alpha"?

Quote: (11-28-2011 02:04 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Disagree.

In a world before the invention of property and money when nobody was rich and there was no socio-economic hierarchy, this was the case.

Once money and property is invented, a guy with high socio-economic value like fame and money can get laid easily and still be a beta. Lewis Hamilton seems like an obvious beta and still banged Nicole.

As a former music journalist, I have hung out with plenty of beta rock stars. Including ones that have a public image as a "sex god" (no, I am not going to name names here so dont ask).

Many of them, with a girl they want, will only have a "plan a" which is to impress her with fame / money.

When that does not work their "plan b" mostly consists of "but dont you know who I am ?!" followed by a period of begging. "Come onnnnn !! Please come back to my hotel room !!! Pleeease !!!"

The girl isn't banging these rock because she's attracted to THEM, she's attracted to what they can OFFER.

Within the context of game, Alpha is a measure of behaviors women find attractive. The more alpha is a man is, the more attracted women are towards him in spite of money/fame/looks/etc.

So these men can act beta and still bang - that's because the girls are using the men.

MikeCF:

Quote:Quote:

Nice answer that gets to the point. Alpha is a measure of status, and status is relative, so this isn't nearly as complicated as guys make it out to me.

Half-right.

The other half is "leaders of men."

If you're the man men want to be, and women want to be with, you're an apex alpha.

Since we are talking about picking up chicks, my definition is all that's needed. Looking for a universal definition of alpha is pointless.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

What is "alpha"?

Use the search feature.

But to answer:

You can't get more to the core of it then "the domination of other men".

Alpha is relative. Relative to your status amongst other men, hence the "Alpha, beta" terminology. No more and no less.

You can attach whatever criteria for that domination that you would like, as its flexible and doesn't matter. The point is that for whatever criteria is attached, you lead the pack in it.

Women, money, courage, fighting, making guitars, rolling cigars, whatever...

Most guys assume that women and money are the two standards, which is true from a certain perspective. But if I'm the best guitar maker in the guitar making world, then I'm an "Alpha" in that world.

Its very esy for "Alphas" in one world to be betas in another. That's because Alphaness is relative. If you aren't the big fish, and you aren't happy with that, then move to a smaller pond. The biggest Alpha in your town might be a little beta next to certain celebrities.

The techniques / traits used to become alpha (your personality, for instance) are very important, but secondary to your relative status to the men that surround you. Those traits are only as effective in making you alpha as the other mans traits are weak. However, alpha is also being secure in your status. I'm not going to care if all of a sudden there is a bigger alpha in the room. I am who I am. Trying too hard to be alpha will, ironically, make you beta.

What is "alpha"?

This is precisely the type of situation for which I created this crude, but effective, graphic:

[Image: attachment.jpg3671]   

I do like the new emoticon, though. Very smooth to the touch: [Image: smiley_beat_dead_horse2.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

What is "alpha"?