rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

gringo factor in argentina clubs/brazil clubs

From my experience, based on speaking with girls in clubs in argentina/brazil I can say that girls in Argentina are much more impressed by the gringo factor. In Brazil it has not attracted positive attention except once for me when I was in SP and I am guessing that is because they don't get much gringo traffic in the clubs there compared to Rio. In Argentina (sunset disco) I had girls coming close just so they could hear my American accent...Brazil it is like I am just a brazilian guy. Anyone know why?

Because you aren't going to the right places. Obviously if you go to Rio there are a million other gringos. Just like if you go to Miami or NY there are. If you go to secondary cities like Belo Horizonte, Vitoria, Curitiba, places like that you get many less gringos.

Quote: (11-27-2011 02:20 AM)Carne Wrote:  

From my experience, based on speaking with girls in clubs in argentina/brazil I can say that girls in Argentina are much more impressed by the gringo factor. In Brazil it has not attracted positive attention except once for me when I was in SP and I am guessing that is because they don't get much gringo traffic in the clubs there compared to Rio. In Argentina (sunset disco) I had girls coming close just so they could hear my American accent...Brazil it is like I am just a brazilian guy. Anyone know why?

I know what you mean. I think part of the reason for that is that Argentina, generally, is a much more racially homogeneous country, whereas Brazil is, according to many observers, the most multicultural and racially mixed country on the planet. Brazil is such an easy place to blend in. I felt that way there, while in Argentina, I felt like I stood out a bit.

Argentinian girls impressed with gringos? If they are they certainly don't show it. Brazilian girls are much more open to interacting with foreigners than the Argies IME. There are plenty of gringos in SP, it's a starting point for a lot of backpackers South America adventures, but you're right that the clubs aren't over run with gringos like certain places in Rio are, girls still seem open to interacting with us I found.

I know many will disagree, but I think the gringo/white guy factor is way overblown everywhere in the world but especially in Brazil. The places where I saw it really matter were bars/clubs that had lots of hookers. Hookers equate gringo/white guys with money and will be all over them because of that. But I think if you go to a normal bar, whether its in Brazil, Argentina, China, Japan, or whatever simply being gringo isn't going to help you all that much. It might make things 10% easier, but you still need to work at gaming girls. And if you are a gringo who is overweight, balding, short, shy, etc. being a gringo doesn't matter at all.

I think a lot of gringo guys who can't get laid that easily back home want to believe that they can go to XYZ country and as soon as they walk in the club they'll be Justin Timberlake with ladies begging for their attention. That kind of response is definitely possible in hooker bars in Colombia, Thailand and many other places, but in normal bars it is not like that unless you are exceedingly good looking and have good game. I've hung around hundreds of gringo dudes in foreign locales and honestly I can count on one hand the times where I've been like "wow, that girl really liked that guy cause he's gringo". I've actually been far more impressed with how local guys in some places in Indonesia, Africa, and South America pull good looking white tourist chicks.

Quote: (11-27-2011 02:20 AM)Carne Wrote:  

Unless you've got money to spend and surrounded by women who are there for that purpose i.e. Hookers ,why would you expect them to act impressed just cause you're a gringo?

I don't understand why so many travelling guys expect local girls to swoon and put out just cause they're from America or Europe...if you do no wonder you end up disappointed!

Sometimes being foreign is an advantage, other times its not. Sometimes being white is an advantage, other times its not. My Aussie accent has dropped bitch shields and had women open me when I am abroad. It happens plenty.

This does not happen to me in Australia. They open me in Aus because I am fucking gorgeous and only considered exotic because I chew with my mouth closed, not because I speak funny.

On a more serious note, why its a stretch to believe that white men are more desirable in certain parts of the world is quite amusing considering the obsession half this forum has with the benefits race offers when you travel to certain locations. Black guys kill in Sweden and Croatia, gringos must be fucking whores in Argentina or Ecuador?

Lol, ok then.

South East Asia still has the gringo factor. In south America they don't give a damn about you.

You notice not only with girls but its most noticeable with little kids and teenage girls. In South East Asia i have kids wave at me,stare at me, run after me when driving a bike,smiling,joking,laughing, groups of teenage girls giggling when i'm near. Adults do this too except for the running after me ofcourse and giggling.

In South America people don't give a rats ass about the white guy. Even if you get of the beaten track. You get some attention but not much.
A different mentality towards white guys i guess. Maybe American politics/corporations have something to do with it. Heard that a few times from locals.

The girls i picked up in South America i picked up because i was running tight game with them. Not my skin colour.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Quote: (11-27-2011 07:56 AM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

I know many will disagree, but I think the gringo/white guy factor is way overblown everywhere in the world but especially in Brazil. The places where I saw it really matter were bars/clubs that had lots of hookers. Hookers equate gringo/white guys with money and will be all over them because of that. But I think if you go to a normal bar, whether its in Brazil, Argentina, China, Japan, or whatever simply being gringo isn't going to help you all that much. It might make things 10% easier, but you still need to work at gaming girls. And if you are a gringo who is overweight, balding, short, shy, etc. being a gringo doesn't matter at all.

I think a lot of gringo guys who can't get laid that easily back home want to believe that they can go to XYZ country and as soon as they walk in the club they'll be Justin Timberlake with ladies begging for their attention. That kind of response is definitely possible in hooker bars in Colombia, Thailand and many other places, but in normal bars it is not like that unless you are exceedingly good looking and have good game. I've hung around hundreds of gringo dudes in foreign locales and honestly I can count on one hand the times where I've been like "wow, that girl really liked that guy cause he's gringo". I've actually been far more impressed with how local guys in some places in Indonesia, Africa, and South America pull good looking white tourist chicks.

Whilst I agree that being foreign is no guarantee you'll get laid it can help. There are definitely women, particularly in poorer countries, that will hook up with almost any white guy. There's also girls in those countries who certainly aren't poor who'll also hook up with you if the circumstances are right. The majority of women I fuck on my travels are middle class, educated, have money and certainly wouldn't see a backpacker like me as some sort of status thing or think that I was wealthy. I consistently pull better looking girls on my travels than I do at home. How can that be explained if it isn't some sort of 'gringo factor'?

I agree it's unrealistic to think that as a foreigner you can just turn up in a country and have swarms of locals throwing themselves at you though people do get that false impression when they go to places like Thailand and spend their whole time in whore bars & clubs.

Quote: (11-27-2011 11:11 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

South East Asia still has the gringo factor. In south America they don't give a damn about you.

You notice not only with girls but its most noticeable with little kids and teenage girls. In South East Asia i have kids wave at me,stare at me, run after me when driving a bike,smiling,joking,laughing, groups of teenage girls giggling when i'm near. Adults do this too except for the running after me ofcourse and giggling.

In South America people don't give a rats ass about the white guy. Even if you get of the beaten track. You get some attention but not much.
A different mentality towards white guys i guess. Maybe American politics/corporations have something to do with it. Heard that a few times from locals.

The girls i picked up in South America i picked up because i was running tight game with them. Not my skin colour.

I picked up some of the best girls I've ever slept with in South America and my game is non existant. I've never studied or learnt anything, not so much as read a book on the subject. It's definitely a bonus being foreign / white in South America just like it is in South East Asia. It might not be as easy in South America but it helps.

It's definitely not possible to write off the fact that being foreign / white helps in some countries but at same time it's niave to think that just being foreign and white means every girl in the country will rip her panties off and lay on her back.