rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is New York City becoming like DC?

I'm starting to read an increase in negative reports coming out of NYC, specifically sausage fests and increased attitude. Anyone living there can give us an update on now versus two or three years ago?

We need to change the title of this thread to "Is anywhere in the US not becoming like DC?"

This may sound crazy, but over the last few months I've been all over the US, including places like Dallas, Austin, Charleston, Orange County, LA, SF, NYC and I came back to DC thinking it was better then it was when I left. You still have a few scattered stunners in places like Miami, NYC, San Diego, and LA but I just think the overall quality of American women is plummeting across the board. They're getting fatter and stupider by the minute.

Quote: (11-26-2011 01:30 PM)Brian Wrote:  

We need to change the title of this thread to "Is anywhere in the US not becoming like DC?"

This may sound crazy, but over the last few months I've been all over the US, including places like Dallas, Austin, Charleston, Orange County, LA, SF, NYC and I came back to DC thinking it was better then it was when I left. You still have a few scattered stunners in places like Miami, NYC, San Diego, and LA but I just think the overall quality of American women is plummeting across the board. They're getting fatter and stupider by the minute.

The only places in N. America I have seen that actually still have decent looking white, American girls with a nice attitude is the country-style/cowboy states like the Dakotas, Kentucky, TN, Washington, Wyoming. Basically, any state that is not in Hollywood movies or hip-hop videos, or an episode of Law and Order are still hidden gems.

I spent the summer in North Dakota and had a blast, and lots of good sex with cute girls in shape. There were fatties around, but a lot less that what you would see in tier 1 cities.

Mixx

Quote: (11-26-2011 01:42 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

The only places in N. America I have seen that actually still have decent looking white, American girls with a nice attitude is the country-style/cowboy states like the Dakotas, Kentucky, TN, Washington, Wyoming. Basically, any state that is not in Hollywood movies or hip-hop videos, or an episode of Law and Order are still hidden gems.

I spent the summer in North Dakota and had a blast, and lots of good sex with cute girls in shape. There were fatties around, but a lot less that what you would see in tier 1 cities.

Mixx

Mixx, you really need to check out Charleston, SC. Preferably while College of Charleston is in session.

One thing w/NYC is that a lot of places are more exclusive. The hot girls (models, actresses, wanna models and actresses) end up at the exclusive venues that not everyone can get into. Take away this top tier of girls and you basically have DC. Plus NYC girls have been brainwashed by Sex and the City to thinking they are super fabulous regardless of reality.

Quote: (11-26-2011 01:48 PM)Brian Wrote:  

Mixx

Mixx, you really need to check out Charleston, SC. Preferably while College of Charleston is in session.

One thing w/NYC is that a lot of places are more exclusive. The hot girls (models, actresses, wanna models and actresses) end up at the exclusive venues that not everyone can get into. Take away this top tier of girls and you basically have DC. Plus NYC girls have been brainwashed by Sex and the City to thinking they are super fabulous regardless of reality.

I always hear good things about SC. My former boss lived there for a while. He said you'd see the finest girls with complete losers all the time.

I think it's because of the recession. Girls have less money to go out and spend on new clothes, drinks, getting hair done, etc. Guys have less money to spend on girls, but have also wised up.

The motivation for guys to go out (potential pussy) is far greater, since most guys do not have it in their reality to pick up women when not drunk or when it is light out or when loud ass music isn't blaring. So they go out in hopes of banging one of the 8 girls in the bar.

Women's motivation (attention and fun) can be satisfied throughout the day and on facebook.

I live in a NJ college town and holy fuck its seriously a 4:1 ratio on good nights and most of them are fatties. So you have 70 dudes in the bar trying to pick up on 4 or 5 hot chicks. I'm sticking to campus and day game.

I haven't been to all parts of NYC recently but from what I can tell it seems that the more bitchy girls and sausagefests are concentrated in certain parts of the city (meatpacking) where people tend to go out at night. I think day game opportunities are still booming and the attitude and sausagefests decrease severely depending on where you go out at night. If everything else goes bad I might have to start checking out hipster bars or other parts of town as I see more girls moving into upper east side.

With New York City I think it widely depends on the age of the girl and how long she's been living in that part of the city, i.e if she's new in town (18-22) or moved in from somewhere else she'll be ready for cock but if she's in a neighborhood where she gets hit on she'll realize she has options in a big city, an attitude will develop. Once she's been in the city and developed a go-to bar or restaurant or social circle (24-28) she might also be more hesitant for ONS because she thinks she's important or like a little celebrity in her niche in the city. Once she's past 28 she'll either demand commitment to settle down and be harder or say fuck it and just bang whoever she wants.

There used to be large infuxes of girls coming into NYC a couple of years ago (so they were 18-22 and ready to get banged), but now since more girls are moving out of NYC and fewer are moving in, there's not really a big wave of new 18-22 year olds coming into the city to replace the old one, and the majority of girls going out now are that old influx of girls that are now a couple of years older (24+) with an established social circle. Add in the increasingly hyperactive behavior of american girls who are in the city for the first time, an OWS movement, and a shitty economy with increased rent expenses and the number of girls and non-bitchy girls goes down.

My recommended alternative is any major city in Japan. Is Japan on your radar in the near future Roosh?

Say it ain't so! Last time I was in NYC (visited three times over 10 weeks winter 2010-2011) I was in pussy heaven. The quality of the talent is among the highest in the US and there's an endless supply of venues. I can't imagine being an outsider gave me any special "in" since NYC is full of people from all over the world.

My experiences are close to 1 year old so something might have happened since then, if that's the case I will mourn for my favourite city on earth.

The problem with generalizing about NYC is that it's so big you can be talking about the same borough and have opinions on the opposite side of the spectrum.

The best we can do is take note of the trend of more negative reports versus positive to see if it's getting better or worse.

Hummm...you got my attention. Care to bust out a data sheet for your boy Mixx on this place, along with your recommendations on getting laid?

Mixx

For reasons that aren't entirely clear to me, when DC was popping in 2006, NYC was also popping. Now that DC is going through a drought, I'm finding the same thing in NYC. But that's just my experience.

It depends on where your hanging out/living at, are there DC like crowds filled with busted chicks? unfortunately yes.

The upside is that you can find yourself in a neighborhood like University Heights in a venue where all you hear is Bachata with lots of Dominicana's who are DTF. :-) (To be honest you don't even have to be a club to find that over there).

In a metropolitan area of nearly 20 something million people your bound to encounter everything (good and bad).

Girls in major metropolitan cities are spoiled.

The girls in smaller, more rural towns are less corrupted and just as slutty.

Whats better then NY-LA-MIA?

All the little mid size cities in between..

Mixx

NYC will always be about the Velvet Rope, but when I go out I generally hit lounges and hotel bar/lounges downtown. There will always be exclusive, model hangouts. The Meatpacking district is the pretty people area of the moment, so it can be hard to get in those spots if you're not dressed decently and don't have a girl with you. As a rule, they won't let packs of guys in to cut down on sausagefests. Last weekend I hit a couple of spots in Fort Greene, Brooklyn - one little spot was old-school hip-hop (I danced my ass off), and the other was more bar/lounge with a diverse crowd. To me, NY girls have always had a certain attitude, so I don't see it as being worse than it's ever been. There's always been spots where you have your hotter women, and fatties are mixed in everywhere else. As people in general are getting fatter, maybe there are more fatties around. It also depends on what night you go out. I've always found Thursday to be the best night in NYC, then maybe Friday. Saturday is more of a date night, so more couples are out and about.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

I think in the past few years the economy may be cutting down the amount of new chicks flowing in right after college. The big jobs that used to draw new blood into the city (both men and women) aren't as plentiful at the moment, and others that have been here a while may have lost jobs, so fewer people are going out, or at least not to the hotter, more expensive venues because they can't afford the overpriced drinks. I went to a party at a hotel lounge a month ago and got hit for $14 for a SMALL Jack & Coke.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

NYC will never be like DC since the quality of DC women is atrocious.

My main problem with NYC is how damn expensive it is to live in.

How do the NYC guys make it? Do you all work at hedge funds? Do you guys live in the ghetto areas? Do you guys live in tiny apartments with roommates?

To a Scotsman like myself who's yet to make it to the states, New York is one of those dream, iconic, locations that is on my 'to visit before I die' list. Even if the quality of women and their attitude has gone bad I still want to visit.

I blame the internet. Facebook, Match or whatever sites makes chicks lazy. Also text messaging, has caused a whole generation of chicks to avoid bars/clubs. The bad economy only feeds into the technological disadvantage we have going on..not sure, it helps us.

There's too many DC-inspired threads on this forum to count.

From what you're all saying, it seems like the problem with DC is the oversaturation of ugly/average/fat girls who went to college to become high-powered bitches.

I lived in San Francisco for a few years. Challenges unique to that place are 1/3 city is like Asian (many FOB and non-partying types), 1/3 the city was like gay, and we had a bunch of overeducated, bitchy liberal transplants. Tough demographics to game in. How did I cope?

I split my game into the suburbs and working class joints. Try it. I don't know DC, but there's got to be high-school and community college grads somewhere.

Quote: (11-26-2011 04:18 PM)scorpio Wrote:  

There's too many DC-inspired threads on this forum to count.

From what you're all saying, it seems like the problem with DC is the oversaturation of ugly/average/fat girls who went to college to become high-powered bitches.

I lived in San Francisco for a few years. Challenges unique to that place are 1/3 city is like Asian (many FOB and non-partying types), 1/3 the city was like gay, and we had a bunch of overeducated, bitchy liberal transplants. Tough demographics to game in. How did I cope?

I split my game into the suburbs and working class joints. Try it. I don't know DC, but there's got to be high-school and community college grads somewhere.

The best advice is to just avoid DC all together. Roosh bailed on DC, and anyone with half a brain should as well.

Edit: There are a lot of DC-inspired threads because Roosh is from DC and a significant portion of his readership is still from DC.

Quote: (11-26-2011 04:27 PM)Easy E Wrote:  

The best advice is to just avoid DC all together. Roosh bailed on DC, and anyone with half a brain should as well.

Edit: There are a lot of DC-inspired threads because Roosh is from DC and a significant portion of his readership is still from DC.

No doubt, but if you're forced to be there...

Here's a contrarian view:

My younger brother (28 years old) has been living in NYC for two years now. He just came home, to Philadelphia, for thanksgiving and so we had a lot of time to catch up. He gave me the breakdown.

In Philly, he was worried about getting laid because he believes Philly to be a sausage-fest, full of too many guys who are looking to wife up. He lived in downtown Philly for 4 years. Philly is very much like DC, in that regard. I agree with him, but we hang out at different venues an so my experience is slightly different. However, Philly does suck, generally.

In NYC, he said that his primary problem is deciding on which girl to bang.

His girlfriend, who he can't convince himself to fall in love with because he has too many options, is a hotter version of Scarlett Johansen (slimmer, better face and bigger tits). She's Cornell educated and is an actual 'good person' who teaches disadvantaged kids for a living. I saw a naked pic of her this weekend.

His girl on the side now, is a cunning bitch, but is also hot and exciting, is also banging a New York Ranger. Saw a pic of her too.

He said that when he tried to separate himself from his GF a couple of months ago, (while it didn't work - she pryed her way back in) he plowed through all of the female waitstaff at his work very quickly. He said that they didn't even care that they were all banging him one after the other

He also said new girls would come over just to get it in and leave, when he broke up with his girl.

In terms of bangs, he says he's in the triple digits, with a lot of that being in New York. Before he met his girl, he said he banged 15 girls in the first six months there. That is while working 60 hours per week.

So, it seems that New York is still a great playground if you have game. With the exception of his work situation, my brother is living a life that is hard not to envy a bit if you are a red blooded male. He said that his only real competition is older guys with money. Remember, this situation is with a guy who would worry about getting laid in a DC like environment. So, it bodes well for NYC still being a good place, generally.

The only places in N. America I have seen that actually still have decent looking white, American girls with a nice attitude is the country-style/cowboy states like the Dakotas, Kentucky, TN, Washington, Wyoming.

From personal experience, I've seen a noticeably decent % of good-looking white girls in Utah, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Oregon, and Washington state.

The rest-of-the-Midwest look is too plain for me. Too many Southern white chicks are fat or look like they have Down syndrome. I think the ugliest girls, hands down, are in the Northeast outside of a few select spots.

Hey YoungGunner,
Are you in Japan now or have you lived there? If yes, please drop a data sheet of the city you're familiar with in Japan. That would be very appreciated.

Quote: (11-26-2011 01:56 PM)YoungGunner Wrote:  

My recommended alternative is any major city in Japan. Is Japan on your radar in the near future Roosh?

Quote: (11-26-2011 04:51 PM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

Here's a contrarian view:

My younger brother (28 years old) has been living in NYC for two years now. He just came home, to Philadelphia, for thanksgiving and so we had a lot of time to catch up. He gave me the breakdown.

In Philly, he was worried about getting laid because he believes Philly to be a sausage-fest, full of too many guys who are looking to wife up. He lived in downtown Philly for 4 years. Philly is very much like DC, in that regard. I agree with him, but we hang out at different venues an so my experience is slightly different. However, Philly does suck, generally.

In NYC, he said that his primary problem is deciding on which girl to bang.

His girlfriend, who he can't convince himself to fall in love with because he has too many options, is a hotter version of Scarlett Johansen (slimmer, better face and bigger tits). She's Cornell educated and is an actual 'good person' who teaches disadvantaged kids for a living. I saw a naked pic of her this weekend.

His girl on the side now, is a cunning bitch, but is also hot and exciting, is also banging a New York Ranger. Saw a pic of her too.

He said that when he tried to separate himself from his GF a couple of months ago, (while it didn't work - she pryed her way back in) he plowed through all of the female waitstaff at his work very quickly. He said that they didn't even care that they were all banging him one after the other

He also said new girls would come over just to get it in and leave, when he broke up with his girl.

In terms of bangs, he says he's in the triple digits, with a lot of that being in New York. Before he met his girl, he said he banged 15 girls in the first six months there. That is while working 60 hours per week.

So, it seems that New York is still a great playground if you have game. With the exception of his work situation, my brother is living a life that is hard not to envy a bit if you are a red blooded male. He said that his only real competition is older guys with money. Remember, this situation is with a guy who would worry about getting laid in a DC like environment. So, it bodes well for NYC still being a good place, generally.

Hydro, can you get your boy to be more specific as to where he is meeting these girls that are spreading their legs so easily in New York? Is it through social circle, cold street approaches in Times Square? Work? (if its work, what does he do?)

Where does he see his best strategies working and where does he see his worst spots to game?

Finally, what type of girls is he fucking? The boricuas from Brooklyn? Dominicanas from The Bronx? Colombianas from Queens? Or white girls taking the train from Connecticut/Long Island to party in NYC every weekend?

I'd really like to see how he is just bangin them left and right, and what seems to be working for him.

Mixx