rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Questions about trip to Colombia

I'm going to either cartegena or barranquilla for 3 months and I have a few important questions I would be very grateful if anyone could answer.

There is a possibility I will be going alone, is this too dangerous for this being my first time living abroad?
-Theres probably a 75% chance i'll go with my older brother, but I may end up going alone.

Will going with 2500$ for 3 months be possible in either city?

-I've always been tight with money, in the US I live off of 700$ a month.

What are the parts in cart and quilla that I should stay away from?
-I understand anywhere there are stupid places to go and I'd like to know where before I dive in.

Will I be able to find a 2 bedroom apartment in a middle class neighborhood for 500-600$ a month on a 3 month lease?
-With my budget it would be tough to go over that. Also if you have any idea how I could find potential apartments.

Would we have to worry about our life when it comes to jealous boyfriends (maybe drug dealers) if me or my brother were to steal a girl?
-My brother is at 173 notches, and he is pretty reckless while chasing women. And I'm pretty confident in pulling higher quality girls. And from what I've heard the hottest girls are dating drug dealers.

Is a medium level of Spanish sufficient to keep us out of trouble?

-I can communicate basically any idea in bad grammar spanish, and can understand 95% of things, but my brother speaks little spanish.

Barranquilla or Cartagena? Which city do you think would be best for us in our situation?
-Both our dancing skills are decent for American clubs, but we have no latin dancing experience other than messing around. We are both tall, athletic slim, with pale skin and dark features. Our spanish isn't fluent. I prefer daygame, he prefers bars and clubs.

All these questions are answered in the forum. Use the search feature, but I will give you a quick breakdown.

Quote: (11-25-2011 01:02 AM)20Nation Wrote:  

There is a possibility I will be going alone, is this too dangerous for this being my first time living abroad?
-Theres probably a 75% chance i'll go with my older brother, but I may end up going alone.

No, so long as you dont do dumb shit.

Quote:Quote:

Gonna have to budget, buts that doable. look to spend no more than 300 a month on accommodation.

-I understand anywhere there are stupid places to go and I'd like to know where before I dive in.

Stick to the commercial areas and medium - nice residential areas. Stay away from the ghetto and shanty towns.

Will I be able to find a 2 bedroom apartment in a middle class neighborhood for 500-600$ a month on a 3 month lease?
-With my budget it would be tough to go over that. Also if you have any idea how I could find potential apartments.

I highly doubt you will be finding any 3 month LEASE. You will be able to find ppl that will rent out their apartment by the day/week/month. Your budget is gonna be real tight paying 600 a month for rent. Unless you just plan to sit at home all day and not do anything. Just google apartment rentals in x city.

Would we have to worry about our life when it comes to jealous boyfriends (maybe drug dealers) if me or my brother were to steal a girl?

There is always the possibility of talking to the wrong girl. Just use common sense and good observation skills.

-My brother is at 173 notches, and he is pretty reckless while chasing women. And I'm pretty confident in pulling higher quality girls. And from what I've heard the hottest girls are dating drug dealers.

Im sure there hot chicks dating drug dealers. Im sure there are hot chicks not dating drug dealers. Just like there is non hot girls dating drug dealers. Use the above previous advice with this as well.

-I can communicate basically any idea in bad grammar spanish, and can understand 95% of things, but my brother speaks little spanish.

You will be fine if you can communicate ANY idea.

Barranquilla or Cartagena? Which city do you think would be best for us in our situation?
-Both our dancing skills are decent for American clubs, but we have no latin dancing experience other than messing around. We are both tall, athletic slim, with pale skin and dark features. Our spanish isn't fluent. I prefer daygame, he prefers bars and clubs.

Id go to Quilla. Better / More Nightlife options. Hotter chicks. Cheaper

Will going with 2500$ for 3 months be possible in either city?[/b]

This post sounds trollish...but I'll tell you this: Colombia is THE WRONG COUNTRY TO VISIT if you are a tight-wad on limited funds. You live off 700USD in America? Jeesh...I don't think that is even enough to live/go out in the slums of Detroit!

Colombian women are notorious gold-diggers, especially since you only chase the "higher quality girls" as you made clear in your post (Which I fail to believe one could even do in USA on an all inclusive budget of 700USD) - newsflash!! Higher Quality girls in Colombia date/fuck HIGHER QUALITY GUYS!!

Unless you plan on hitting the uglier, lower status, dirt-poor girls, you can forget about having a fuckfest in Colombia as a tightwad with limited funds, and snatch higher quality girls. You're dreaming!

2500/mo for 3 months. You must cover the basics of Food/Water, Lodging and Misc. exps on 833USD per month! So, you basically only have like 30USD per week to go hunting for pussy...and higher quality at that? C'mon man, that's laughable. [Image: lol.gif]

Might I suggest instead of Colombia, you take a trip to Nicaragua? You'll do great there with 833USD/month. -- Check-out Locksmith's most recent data sheet.

I'm just saying....you decide, I've only been living/traveling to Colombia the last 15 years of course....so I could be wrong. [Image: lol.gif]

Mixx

Thanks for your answers Dash. And Mixx how much more do you think I would need. I dont leave for 2 months so I can come up with more money. 3500? And in central states living is much cheaper idaho,montana,utah,iowa,nebraska,wyoming, as a college student you can live off 700$ a month no problem. 300$ a month for your own room that 200$ for food. 200$ for whatever. Not going to lie my family pays for all my car expenses. But you don't think that is doable in colombia?

Also do you think women in colombia care more about looks than americans or less?

Quote: (11-25-2011 04:52 PM)20Nation Wrote:  

Also do you think women in colombia care more about looks than americans or less?

Less. Well you have the added "gringo bump". so you have dhv which in turns increases your perceived attractiveness.

the more money you can get the better.

you can also look into coughsurfing to save some bread.

Quote: (11-25-2011 04:52 PM)20Nation Wrote:  

idaho,montana,utah,iowa,nebraska,wyoming, as a college student you can live off 700$ a month no problem.

Humm....Bust out a data sheet on anyone of these cities, and I'll give you some more options in Colombia.

Mixx

I'm going to either cartegena or barranquilla for 3 months and I have a few important questions I would be very grateful if anyone could answer.

You'll be fine going alone as long as you use commonsense.

You'll need more money than $2500 for 3 months. Sure, you can swing it with $2500, but you'd open up more possibilities with more money.

Stay away from the area between the airport and centro for Bquilla. Stay in the north, near Golf... and Buena Vista mall. Bquilla is a dirty city and expect to choke down exhaust fumes.

I wouldn't bother with Cartagena. Too small for 3 months. I'd get sick of it after a few days. Stay in Bquilla (although I personally get sick of Bquilla after 10-12 days usually) and make a few trips to Cartagena and maybe Santa Marta.

Drug dealer girlfriends... lol, I think you're worrying too much on that.

Your spanish level is fine. If you go with your brother, you'll probably end up doing better than him because of his lack of spanish.

You'll get ripped off on taxis if you're not with a Colombian. In fact, stay out of sight while the Colombia gets the taxi and negotiates the price. Then they wave you over and you get in.

girls in colombia care more about money than looks... like Mixx said if u go there with limited funds dont expect to get high quality girls.

u can tell the narcos and their girls... narco's girls are top shelf.

baranquia is hot and boring. if i was taking a holiday it would be the last place i would go. at least cartegena has more of a beach life. although both palces have crap beaches. in fact 3 months in either place...boring

i would consider throwing medellin in to break it up

Quote: (11-26-2011 12:03 AM)garygroundwork Wrote:  

girls in colombia care more about money than looks... like Mixx said if u go there with limited funds dont expect to get high quality girls.

u can tell the narcos and their girls... narco's girls are top shelf.

baranquia is hot and boring. if i was taking a holiday it would be the last place i would go. at least cartegena has more of a beach life. although both palces have crap beaches. in fact 3 months in either place...boring

i would consider throwing medellin in to break it up

you can pull 8's on limited funds.

there is plenty of fine ass and nightlife in quilla to keep someone occupied for months.

this is very true if you talk about 7s mostly. you can rent a room for 230$ a month. go out on the weekends and if your really good looking do the internet thing you should pull a 7 a aleast once a month but if you wanna pull the top of the line chicks in colombia then forget about it. the pic i posted is what i consider 8. and 9s. those are what i consider top of the line in colombia and you better be able to take them out and spend at least 80$.

Quote: (11-26-2011 01:30 AM)latinapuslover Wrote:  

this is very true if you talk about 7s mostly. you can rent a room for 230$ a month. go out on the weekends and if your really good looking do the internet thing you should pull a 7 a aleast once a month but if you wanna pull the top of the line chicks in colombia then forget about it. the pic i posted is what i consider 8. and 9s. those are what i consider top of the line in colombia and you better be able to take them out and spend at least 80$.

Wow, look at the two on the ends... Can't wait to get to Colombia. Can't believe I still haven't gone now that I'm living in MIA. That trip is past due, should be making it out before Feb.

Quote: (11-26-2011 01:37 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Wow, look at the two on the ends... Can't wait to get to Colombia. Can't believe I still haven't gone now that I'm living in MIA. That trip is past due, should be making it out before Feb.

i'm in medellin now. staying for a month. i wish i could live here. i got me a real fine one looks like the girl in the end but a bit better and she takes most of my time because i have no one to hang out with at the moment. my friends were suppose to come but they cancelled last minute.

Most Colombian girls I meet in Miami suck, but I'm sure it's because they've lived in America a long time. Yeah a lot of them are good looking but their attitudes suck and they think they are hotter than they actually are. All the Colombian men tell me how the girls come here and turn into money hungry bitches. I do work with one though, best looking girl at my work imo, and she's actually a sweet heart. She also happened to spend about a month in Vitoria, Brazil as well. I couldn't believe when I mentioned Vitoria she said she loved the place. I thought she was mistaken for another city, but she was def. talking about Vitoria, Brazil, said it's one of her favorite spots in the world.

Quote: (11-26-2011 01:48 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Most Colombian girls I meet in Miami suck, but I'm sure it's because they've lived in America a long time. Yeah a lot of them are good looking but their attitudes suck and they think they are hotter than they actually are. All the Colombian men tell me how the girls come here and turn into money hungry bitches. I do work with one though, best looking girl at my work imo, and she's actually a sweet heart. She also happened to spend about a month in Vitoria, Brazil as well. I couldn't believe when I mentioned Vitoria she said she loved the place. I thought she was mistaken for another city, but she was def. talking about Vitoria, Brazil, said it's one of her favorite spots in the world.

most girls in miami suck period. its ether you got lots of money or act like a thug and hang out with the right crowd that acts like thugs. like i said before the middle class in miami are mostly wanna be thugs and you will notice that the only broke guys getting good looking girls are wanna be thugs.

Quote: (11-26-2011 02:08 AM)latinapuslover Wrote:  

most girls in miami suck period. its ether you got lots of money or act like a thug and hang out with the right crowd that acts like thugs. like i said before the middle class in miami are mostly wanna be thugs and you will notice that the only broke guys getting good looking girls are wanna be thugs.

Yeah, you do get a lot of both of what you are talking about, and it can get annoying. A lot of the thug types really annoyed me at first, but now I'm friends with a lot of kids you might consider that type of person, but are actually real nice, down to earth people. It's just they listen to hip hop and dress with that style. That scene is obviously huge among african american males. It doesn't mean that they're all vicious thugs. Think of it like you being a white male growing up listening to rock music. But you just gotta find your own nich, you don't have to either be rich or a thug, just be you. Once you get out of the brickel and south beach area they're lots of normal down to earth people as well. I see where you're coming from, but you just gotta look past the bullshit and just have fun man. I dwelled on the same kinda idea for a while, but then I said fuck it, who cares, I'm gonna have fun here. How long you been in MIA?

Quote: (11-26-2011 02:13 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Yeah, you do get a lot of both of what you are talking about, and it can get annoying. A lot of the thug types really annoyed me at first, but now I'm friends with a lot of kids you might consider that type of person, but are actually real nice, down to earth people. It's just they listen to hip hop and dress with that style. That scene is obviously huge among african american males. It doesn't mean that they're all vicious thugs. Think of it like you being a white male growing up listening to rock music. But you just gotta find your own nich, you don't have to either be rich or a thug, just be you. Once you get out of the brickel and south beach area they're lots of normal down to earth people as well. I see where you're coming from, but you just gotta look past the bullshit and just have fun man. I dwelled on the same kinda idea for a while, but then I said fuck it, who cares, I'm gonna have fun here. How long you been in MIA?

all my life. i stay in ives dairy road and there the worst. i just can't seem to get by there by being myself. you have to put this image over there that your all that and like you said i'm not a very social person. your still new in miami so its not that bad as i loved it there at one point till i started traveling and said wtf i'[m wasting my time here

Quote: (11-26-2011 02:17 AM)latinapuslover Wrote:  

Quote: (11-26-2011 02:13 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

all my life. i stay in ives dairy road and there the worst. i just can't seem to by there by being my self you have to put this image over there that your all that and like you said i'm not a very social person. your still new in miami so its not that bad as i loved it there at one point till i started traveling and said wtf i'[m wasting my time here

Yeah, but I still say it's a pretty good option for America. There are plenty of other places I'd rather live, but at this point in my life I see Miami being my best option, at least for the next couple years. I can see that if you're not a very social person Miami would be a tough place to make it.

the pic i posted is what i consider 8. and 9s. those are what i consider top of the line in colombia and you better be able to take them out and spend at least 80$.

80USD? ......nope, not even close. Those Aguila mamacitas you posted in modern day Colombia drive around in Audi A5's man...trust me, 80USD is not even enough to buy their lipstick in the MAC store. ** I used to date 3 of them. I recently went out with a model type girl to a restaurant in Medellin, it was Called "Mystique" http://www.mystique.com.co

It was about 6 weeks ago, the dinner bill for the 2 of us was $400USD (about 800,000 Colombian pesos), and she did not even flinch (she paid).

So, these girls today have more money than most men that travel to Colombia thinking they can scoop them up with a few dinners, and a bottle of aguardiente....boy do I miss those days.

Spending 80USD was DHV in in the 90's before Facebook was in existence, and fucked it up for everyone.

** You can certainly game girls on 80USD budget, but it won't be no Aguila beer model that's for damn sure.

Mixx

Quote: (11-26-2011 01:23 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

the pic i posted is what i consider 8. and 9s. those are what i consider top of the line in colombia and you better be able to take them out and spend at least 80$.

80USD? ......nope, not even close. Those Aguila mamacitas you posted in modern day Colombia drive around in Audi A5's man...trust me, 80USD is not even enough to buy their lipstick in the MAC store. ** I used to date 3 of them. I recently went out with a model type girl to a restaurant in Medellin, it was Called "Mystique" http://www.mystique.com.co

It was about 6 weeks ago, the dinner bill for the 2 of us was $400USD (about 800,000 Colombian pesos), and she did not even flinch (she paid).

So, these girls today have more money than most men that travel to Colombia thinking they can scoop them up with a few dinners, and a bottle of aguardiente....boy do I miss those days.

Spending 80USD was DHV in in the 90's before Facebook was in existence, and fucked it up for everyone.

** You can certainly game girls on 80USD budget, but it won't be no Aguila beer model that's for damn sure.

Mixx

I'm talking about girls with similar looks and style. if they really like you. i don't think you have to brake bank. you can take her to san carbon en las palmas for 80$. still to pull that kind of girl you need time n luck it might take somebody a month or 2 that's the cream of the crop in colombia but thinking about it realistically though to pull those kind of girl on a consistent bases you need to have that money right like you said.

I agree with Mixx, I live in Medellin and getting the top talent takes money and big-time social proof. Mixx, I've been to Mystique bit I didn't like it too much. Have you tried Podesta? I was at a party for a new beer Bavaria and there were those kind of models working. I was told some of them were "available" but started at $1,500 for the night. (I didn't partake, just what I was told) That's something else about Medellin, almost everything has a price.

latinlover made an excellent data sheet,, 20nation you are lucky to get these many responses as most people would've gotten a, check the forum search function.... on 04/20/2011 he states:

Cost of living
Again its up to you. Dorm rooms can be had for 15k peso’s club entry anything from around 10-30k pesos, drinks are about 3-5k peso’s. You can feed yourself for a day on about 20k pesos. All things being equal, I would say its about 50% cheaper than say new York.

-----------------------------------------------------------
The girls
Very hot – These girls ake great pride in their appearance and plastic surgery is the norm here. The caveat being though, take away the plastic makeup and clothes, and no more beeter then anywhere else in Colombia

Very slutty – pretty much like anywhere in Colombia. Girls are just as much up for it as the boys, no false modesty, mind games or cock teasing. If they like you, they let you know.
(do not read that the wrong way, you need to game them, hence the word slutty rather then slut)

Incredibly mental – Seriously, having to go out with one would drive me crazy. Definition of emotionally led. No rhyme or reason to their logic at times.

cultural observations
No gringo love here-They have seen thousands coming through here, the most visible being the p4s sex crowd with the bumbag and mc hammer pants and the travellers with the shorts and sandals sarging clumsily. By default you are a sex tourist. It's a prejudice you are going to have to work against.

end quote....

Mixx has also preached this constantly,,, so don't have high expectations for medellin off the bat. Learn Spanish, explore Colombia....... Where I am from in Toronto, paisas have the shittiest attitudes, yet you see them with a guy who looks like a wannabe thug, or going nowhere fast.... Well, both will go nowhere fast, once her looks go because I don't know one who even went to a community college, nevermind university. Stereotyping here, but with stereotypes there are some truths here at times.....

I am not expert but I think $1k per month is ok in smaller places like Armenia , and you are targetting estrato 3 girls. You don't necessarily need to spend a lot to impress them, and your gringo status will add your value. You can find hot girl from poorer barrio. However with that budget , better don't bother with high status girl unless she is really into you.

USD400 for a meal? You'd eat in a michellin starred restaurant in Europe for that kind of cash. Where are they getting that kind of scratch from, modelling? In Colombia?

Quote: (11-27-2011 01:31 AM)genjuro Wrote:  

I am not expert but I think $1k per month is ok in smaller places like Armenia , and you are targetting estrato 3 girls.

True, but why would you be going to Colombia to chase Estrato 3 girls?

That's the bottom of the barrel, and not worth the time invested in even taking the trip to Colombia IMO.

Mixx