rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How many rooshmen are armed?

IMO,being in America and not practicing your 2nd amendment isn't a good idea. In Africa,one of the first things you learn is the fluidity of circumstance. Violence can break as quickly as a summer storm over nothing and you're doomed to be a gazelle among carnivores if empty handed. If you're armed,what do you carry and is it ever an inconvenience?

Quote: (11-21-2011 07:26 AM)afronoob Wrote:  

IMO,being in America and not practicing your 2nd amendment isn't a good idea. In Africa,one of the first things you learn is the fluidity of circumstance. Violence can break as quickly as a summer storm over nothing and you're doomed to be a gazelle among carnivores if empty handed. If you're armed,what do you carry and is it ever an inconvenience?

Springfield .45 during the day, leave it in my truck when I go out to party.

Mossberg 500 under the bed.

I agree with you, never know when shit is gonna go down.

I have a Taurus 9mm that I keep in my car when I'm driving and bring inside when I'm home

My normal carry piece is a Glock 30. Not gonna say what's in the house. Just don't come uninvited. [Image: wink.gif]

I think this is very US-centric mentality, especially since many of us go to places far more dangerous than the US (Brazil, Africa, EE, Columbia etc).

If I ever land a green card however I'm getting a CCW together with a HK P7M10 (because I believe in speed over strength).

Smith & Wesson M&P in .40 cal. I also own a safe full of various long guns.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

I have a concealed weapons permit, and my heat toy is an HK .40 USP Compact with hollow-points. This little fucker means business. In a world of compromise....I don't.

http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/...eneral.asp

Mixx

Me and guns are a bad mix. One drink in me and two minutes later the shotgun is on the table. Two drinks and I 'm walking around my house with it. After about four I'm blowing my yard apart. After my last episode it was decided that it needs to stay at someone elses place.

Quote: (11-21-2011 10:30 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Me and guns are a bad mix. One drink in me and two minutes later the shotgun is on the table. Two drinks and I 'm walking around my house with it. After about four I'm blowing my yard apart. After my last episode it was decided that it needs to stay at someone elses place.
Its good you accept you're temperamentally unsuited to owning a gun. I swear,there's nothing worse than a drunk mofo looking for a fight,holding a nine milly. Those are the fucktards you see in the news, shooting people in strip club/mall/mickey dee parking lots.

Quote:Quote:

Mossberg 500 under the bed.
That's mine! But always locked. I'm trying to get a CCP,which is always difficult,but I'll carry at least a .357 sig if not a .40 S&W. Nines are basically movie guns. I know a guy who was hit 14 TIMES in early 08;he's still alive and fucking.

I like to shoot cans. Ever heard that one?

Quote: (11-21-2011 11:22 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

You mean afriCANS, mexiCANS and native ameriCANS?

Yeah, heard that one.

Seriously though, I like shooting spray paint cans for practice. They explode in fun colors.

Quote: (11-21-2011 12:01 PM)Alpha Wrote:  

Quote: (11-21-2011 11:22 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

You mean afriCANS, mexiCANS and native ameriCANS?

Yeah, heard that one.

Seriously though, I like shooting spray paint cans for practice. They explode in fun colors.
I do keep a bunch of air rifles in the house. Sometimes I catch bugs and put them in a clear 2liter bottle and put it on top of the tv in my living room and shoot at them.

I dread the day i need to carry gun around here.....

I like the CCW idea, and I'm pro second amendment, especially when protecting your PROPERTY, but CARRYING a gun with some idea that its going to help in self defense is just a bad idea to me.

If you're carrying a group of thugs jumps out and tries to mug you, and you pull out your piece, you've just leveled the playing field. You are now equals and your retaliatory act of drawing a weapon now puts THEIR lives in danger which gives them some level of justification to escalate back.

My dad always had guns when I was little, and I must've only been about 10 at the time, but I'll never forget one thing he told me. If you ever, EVER, draw a gun on someone, you better fully intend to shoot and kill him.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Quote: (11-21-2011 02:57 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

If you ever, EVER, draw a gun on someone, you better fully intend to shoot and kill him.

main reason right there I'd never get one, I don't have it in me to shoot someone, I don't think anyway. I've mma trained, boxed a bit, haven't needed to use any outside of sparring but I'd have no problems throwing down if reason called for it but I know if I pulled a gun, it's cause someones either pulled on me or I feel like they could and either way I'd be the less likely one to use it so I'd find myself dead. I'm not against them per se but that anybody can get one is scary, lots of morons out there with way too much access.

glock 26 for the house, along with heavier stuff and hunting rifles. I've had the glock jam on me so now I'm considering a S&W or Ruger. I'm gonna try for CCW in NY when I'm 21 but I hear it's near impossible. Until then I'll stick with a taser, knife, and pepper spray. Sure I can also find someone to extend the cord on the taser to make it longer range. Also might check out alternative weapons form cold steel just for the hell of it:

Quote: (11-21-2011 03:34 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

I'm not against them per se but that anybody can get one is scary, lots of morons out there with way too much access.

That's false. If you ahve any kind of criminal background at all, you are not allowed to purchase a firearm in the US.

Drug conviction? No gun.

DUI? No gun.

They don't take guns you had before events, but you can't get any guns after certain events.

I don't mind if someone doesn't want a gun - that's fine, you don't have to own one. I just hate when, because they don't like guns, they think no one should have guns and they start to try and take mine.

Quote: (11-21-2011 04:08 PM)Alpha Wrote:  

I'm not against them per se but that anybody can get one is scary, lots of morons out there with way too much access.

That's false. If you ahve any kind of criminal background at all, you are not allowed to purchase a firearm in the US.

Drug conviction? No gun.

DUI? No gun.

They don't take guns you had before events, but you can't get any guns after certain events.

I don't mind if someone doesn't want a gun - that's fine, you don't have to own one. I just hate when, because they don't like guns, they think no one should have guns and they start to try and take mine.

C'mon dude anyone could have their girlfriend walk right into a pawnshop and buy a gun. Wait a few days yes but very easy.

Beating up the dude who banged your girl is alpha, right?

Haha, nope. Black dude bangs white dude's fugly girl. White guy chases him down. Black dude doesn't want to fight, stops at police station. White dude bolts out of his car to beat up black dude, when black dude whips out a piece and shoots the white guy to death.

Came across this yesterday on YouTube.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/16...ress-death

"glock 26 for the house, along with heavier stuff and hunting rifles. I've had the glock jam on me so now I'm considering a S&W or Ruger. I'm gonna try for CCW in NY when I'm 21 but I hear it's near impossible..."[b]

You heard right. I'm NYC born and raised, and it's only gotten tougher for the average citizen to own here. It started under Giuliani (Rudy took away guns from retired cops), and Bloomberg has gone to great lengths to get as many guns off the streets as possible (he even sued the state of Virginia because tons of their guns end up here). I'm not positive that you can't get a range permit, but carry, forget it. I don't know if it's the same upstate, but in the city, it's tough.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

This is me. I don't trust myself with a dangerous weapon... I'm a loose cannon.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (11-21-2011 04:08 PM)Alpha Wrote:  

Drug conviction? No gun.

DUI? No gun.

i dont think its this severe. perhaps its just felonies but i dont think you can be denied a gun because you had a DUI at some point in your life.

Quote: (11-21-2011 08:29 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store not a government agency.

I like guns. But they stare at me. If I have one on me I'm going to shoot it before the night is over.

This thread is making me want another one.

Quote: (11-21-2011 08:29 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Your honesty is admirable, but honestly, even the most level-headed citizen can't really handle the responsibility of carrying a weapon. The more folks carrying, the more likely something is going to happen. Unless you're a knucklehead that lives in a really rough area (and knuckleheads are usually LOOKING for trouble), you don't need to be carrying. I'm all for home protection though, and going to the range to squeeze off.

I went to a range in Vegas a couple years back during a bachelor weekend. I believe Nevada has open carry, and this kid rolled up on a motor scooter with his piece STICKING IN THE BACK OF HIS WAISTBAND. He pulls it out and walks into the range like that. Of course, all of the instructors/employees are ex-military or cops, and a couple of them put their hands on their shit like they were ready to pull, because they didn't know who the dude was or what his intent might be. There's too much room for those kinds of thing to happen, with sometimes tragic results.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (11-21-2011 02:57 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

I like the CCW idea, and I'm pro second amendment, especially when protecting your PROPERTY, but CARRYING a gun with some idea that its going to help in self defense is just a bad idea to me.

If you're carrying a group of thugs jumps out and tries to mug you, and you pull out your piece, you've just leveled the playing field. You are now equals and your retaliatory act of drawing a weapon now puts THEIR lives in danger which gives them some level of justification to escalate back.

My dad always had guns when I was little, and I must've only been about 10 at the time, but I'll never forget one thing he told me. If you ever, EVER, draw a gun on someone, you better fully intend to shoot and kill him.

Exactly my views on weapons. Growing up pre-game I hated the notion of guns. Up here in Canada the only shit I was blasting was gophers with pellet guns.

Now as I mature I see the nee - but only for reasons you stated above. A gun shouldn't be for self defense, it should be to take out shit if its 101% necessary.

Step 1. Get Physically fit Step 2. Get Mentally Fit Step 3. Get a Piece.