rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Catskills Upstate New York

Does anyone live in upstate NY?
I might spend some time there in Catskill about 2 hours train from NYC.

What's it like lifestyle wise?

I know it's cold in winter and some great countryside.
Is the best thing about it that it's 2 hours from NYC?

Quote: (11-16-2011 01:40 PM)Pilgrim37 Wrote:  

Does anyone live in upstate NY?
I might spend some time there in Catskill about 2 hours train from NYC.

What's it like lifestyle wise?

I know it's cold in winter and some great countryside.
Is the best thing about it that it's 2 hours from NYC?

Lived in Catskills for years, it's gorgeous, in the summer the streams wind across endless rocks in the pine forests. swim naked. forget fcking time.

I have lived upstate (Capital District) since I was nine.

The Catskills are great for nature and all that. As for partying and women, you ought to just stay in NYC. The state capital has some things going on downtown (there are a surprisingly large number of colleges up there, more than people expect, which adds up to a decent amount of action for a not-so-major city), but I can't give you all that much detail on which specific spots to hit or not since I've really never frequented the scene. Most of the hanging out I did/do occurs "off the books", so to speak(house parties and the like) via social circles, and that's where I'll meet most of my girls too.

Maybe I'll get around to doing an Albany datasheet sometime and share what I know about the place. To summarize it, though, there isn't really that much to see to warrant a concerted effort to go up there. I'd come for the nature and maybe the history, not the extra-curriculars.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Quote: (11-16-2011 08:56 PM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

I have lived upstate (Capital District) since I was nine.

The Catskills are great for nature and all that. As for partying and women, you ought to just stay in NYC. The state capital has some things going on downtown (there are a surprisingly large number of colleges up there, more than people expect, which adds up to a decent amount of action for a not-so-major city), but I can't give you all that much detail on which specific spots to hit or not since I've really never frequented the scene. Most of the hanging out I did/do occurs "off the books", so to speak(house parties and the like) via social circles, and that's where I'll meet most of my girls too.

Maybe I'll get around to doing an Albany datasheet sometime and share what I know about the place. To summarize it, though, there isn't really that much to see to warrant a concerted effort to go up there. I'd come for the nature and maybe the history, not the extra-curriculars.

Thanks for the info...if I go it would be around the village of Catskill.

I know it'd be quiet,but I can handle that for a few months ,seeing as I can get the train into NYC any weekend.
Countryside looks great..I know they keep their reserves and state parks pristine in the US.