rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Going to Bali in January

Going to Bali in January

Saw another thread about Bali but thought I should make this one separate.
Hoping some guys here can give me some advice.

Going there in early January mainly to get away for a bit, relax, enjoy. I plan to take some surfing or scuba lessons. I haven't decided which yet. Surfing is cheaper and I'm on a tight budget but if scuba is supposed to be seriously awesome then I might pay the difference. Any thoughts?

Surfing should be fun, and a nice Balinese massage daily will be great too, but I do hope to get a flag or two while I'm there (6 days).

I live in Japan and I'll be going to a hotel where I presume there will be lots of Japanese girls to hit on. I wouldn't say no to a quality girl, but I live in Japan so I'd rather have something different for a change. If given the choice between a slim and cute whitey or a slim and cute Japanese girl, I'm taking the whitey. But if the choice is 30lbs overweight whitey (avg Aussie girl?) vs. slim and avg looking J girl (avg for J), then I'm taking the J girl. Local talent would be fine too, but where are they?

So I'm trying to figure out my strategy before going. Drag the beaches for locals? The pool at my hotel for the J's? Take a yoga class at the hotel while I'm there? Wait for night and hit Sky Garden and hope to score there? I don't think you'll see a lot of J girls out at night though. They typically like to go to bed early so they can get up for the next day's breakfast, etc. I remember my trip to Phuket. J girls everywhere during the day. After 7pm, you wouldn't even know there were any on the island. It was weird. J girls are also much less likely to ditch friends for a bang (in general) and I'll be traveling solo. Maybe targeting a single J girl is the way to go.

One more thing. I am wondering if, while I'm there, not telling the J's that I live in Japan and just telling them I am where I am originally from might help a bit. Maybe more exotic to them if they don't know I live here. I do speak J pretty well and that might be to my advantage though.

I'm not interested in banging whores at all. If I wanted that, I'd go to Bangkok, I guess. I just want the tourists. They are normally the easiest girls in the world. A local is fine too, but generally speaking, I'm not into S.Asian looks. Something about the general look doesn't appeal to me, though they often have fantastic bodies. I could get past the face if she's tight enough. LOL

Post is pretty random sounding, I know, but does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Going to Bali in January

Bump. Hello?

Going to Bali in January

I don't think anyone in here has been to Bali recently. Do a search or even look below this thread and you will see some suggestions of past Bali threads. For guys living currently in Bali or having spent a lot of time in Bali, get in touch with Dan at the tropicalmba.com He lives part time there and could give you some recent and up to date recommendations. And when you go, report back with a full up to date data sheet as Bali is also high on my list.

Have fun!

Going to Bali in January

Sky Garden is credited.

Right, I don't remember seeing many J girls out at night. The ones I did see were at this Reggae club, a lot of them have fetishes for darker skinned dudes.

Most of the local girls are hookers, esp in Sky Garden. I think the second floor there has an area where all the ho's hang out. There also some richer Indonesians from Jakarta who will be in large groups and who are pretty hard to game. Only time you get non-hooker Bali girls is perhaps on Fri/Sat nights but even then not sure about it.

The Aussies are everywhere there, it's annoying but at least at Sky Garden it is more diverse. The Aussies tend to go to the club next door (forget name, Paddies?).

During the day be sure to look for the girls near Sky Garden handing out VIP passes. Get one of those, as they have free drink promotions almost every day of the week in the VIP room. Just hang out in VIP, get smashed, and try to game the chicks in there. Sky Garden is pretty awesome cool IMO.

Bali is awesome for partying, despite all the Aussie fuckturds.

Going to Bali in January

Bali is a shithole filled with very plain and overweight Australian girls who act like frat boys. The guys are worse. Post a datasheet on Japan dude! I haven't seen any on the forum before! Where are you staying there?

Going to Bali in January

Yeah I second what P Dog said. Bust a nice and detailed data on where in Japan you're living. Now that would be awesome!

Going to Bali in January

Why all the negative comments about the Australians in Bali? (In this thread and others.) What makes them fucktards? Aren't they pretty much the same as Americans in Daytona Beach on Spring Break? Or are they out in packs looking for fights? I don't get it.

What's a datadsheet?

Going to Bali in January

Two best ways to get laid in Bali:

1) Go to Skygarden, Bounty, Reggee or similar, run game. Not many japs in these crowds, or they get gobbled up on the beach by the indo guys.
2) Go to couchsurfing.com events (almost daily or every other day).

Have fun. Shouldn't be tough to grab a flag. A lot of the indo girls who moved to Bali go out and party just like tourists/expats and are game.

Going to Bali in January

If you are not into male Aussie tourists, I would avoid Bali like the plague right now. The Aussie dollar is strong, and there must be shit loads of them there. I don't have a problem with Aussies, they're easy going and fun-loving.

Going to Bali in January

Quote: (11-17-2011 07:18 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

If you are not into male Aussie tourists, I would avoid Bali like the plague right now.

WTF?! LOL

Going to Bali in January

Bali is a great place to go... for basking in the sun and just plain chilling. For gaming... hmmm. Plenty of better places to head on the SEA mainland.

Going to Bali in January

Well, my main purpose is to get away for a few days and enjoy some sunshine and relaxation so I'm not all that concerned about the gaming. However, not concerned doesn't equal don't want any. LOL Like always, gaming is 70% approaching so as long as there are some cute chicks to approach I'll be happy.

Going to Bali in January

Quote: (11-17-2011 09:12 AM)Smoker Wrote:  

LOL Like always, gaming is 70% approaching so as long as there are some cute chicks to approach I'll be happy.

I believe we should avoid making such loose claims with any finality. Not only is it impossible to quantify what makes up "game" but if that number where anywhere near true men wouldn't need game or a site like this.

Going to Bali in January

Bali has nothing on Thailand. Only go to Bali if you have been to Thailand, have a sore todger, and need some chill out time

Going to Bali in January

Quote: (11-17-2011 10:13 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

LOL Like always, gaming is 70% approaching so as long as there are some cute chicks to approach I'll be happy.

I believe we should avoid making such loose claims with any finality. Not only is it impossible to quantify what makes up "game" but if that number where anywhere near true men wouldn't need game or a site like this.

OK, since you took my 70% literally, I'll rephrase it to "a very large part of". Better? ;-)

As for what makes up game, if there were no definition at all then we wouldn't be able to talk about it. There has to be some degree of consensus as to what it means.

That said, I'm sure we all have our own slightly tweaked version of what "game" is.

IMO, game means behavioral and psychological tactics and methods that a guy uses to win over girls. Having money is not game. Being good looking is not game. Being famous is not game.

Game is what you have left when you take all those away. It comprises all the abilities a guy has for pulling girls without resorting to superficial means. A guy who wears crappy clothes and nerdy taped up glasses and is out of shape one day decides to hire a fashion consultant, get a new wardrobe, get lasik and works out to get a hardbody? That's not game. That's an improvement, but it's not game.

Game getting over your fears of women. Game is being attractive even when you're ugly. Game is when girls are happy to sit in the driver's seat of you busted up old beater. Etc.

Now let's look at the importance of approaches in game.

First of all, for most guys, the problem they have is they don't have the guts to go up to strange women and talk to them. Even night clubs! Women don't often cross the venue to jump a guy's bones, so a guy who can't approach is not going to get anything at all. He'll be zero-for-zero until he's 50. A guy who approaches enough, even if he's boring as shit (and is not a complete and total repugnant fuck-up), will land some pussy. A guy who approaches 2000 girls a year can't help but land something. So yeah, approach is 70%, IMO. A guy who fears making approaches gets nothing. A guy who doesn't - with no other improvement whatsoever - will luck out with a girl. Whether it's just that she's desperate, she's lonely, her dog just died, wants to get a revenge fuck on her bf... none of that matters. He WILL luck out at the very least. And in reality, your average guy's personality is not so outstandingly boring that he need to luck out on a desperate chick. If he has the balls to approach, he will eventually find someone that likes him just fine. There is no other single action that will make or break your "game" like the ability to approach. Even if you have no clue about women whatsoever at the beginning and never ever read a site like this again, you will gain your own knowledge through enough approaches. You'll learn that some things work better than others. It can't be any other way. So approaches, on their very own, can turn into a certain level of game unless you're a complete and utter doofus.

Even if you only get one girl a year, that's infinity times more than zero. Yeah, approaches matter.

All that other stuff? Dressing well, being funny, push and pull, etc.? Without approaching, it means nothing.

Of course, you do get a synergistic effect from combining all of it. Have the courage to approach girls you're attracted to, look your best when you do, be attractive with your personality, dominate without being controlling, give her just enough to keep her wanting more, etc. All of that together will make you killer.

Or will it?

Look at the numbers of approaches the average guy has to make to get laid. Roosh has a post about girls in the States and I think he said he needed something like 40 approaches per bang. A guy with no game even more, but 40 is a pretty big number. Lots of "normal" guys don't make that many approaches in 2 years!

I know it's not a popular opinion, but "game" is primarily a combination of looking your best and making approaches. Beyond that, you're just using techniques that ups your edge by a fraction. There is no one move that works on all girls, or even 20% for that matter.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that all the other stuff besides approaching is useless. I'm saying that most guys, most of the time, if the ONLY thing they ever do is lose their fear of approaching, they will manage to bang a hell of a lot more than before and will likely get better than they did too. If you go beyond that and learn "game", then you can go from banging a string of 5's and 6s and the occasional 7 to banging a string of 6.5's and 7's with the occasional 8 or 8.5, or even 9.

You can buy a shirt for $50 at JC Penny, but you'll need to pay $200 for the one with the brand name logo. Is it worth it? Depends on the person. Maybe it is worth paying 4x more for that shirt. It's better quality, for sure, and looks and feels a bit nicer too. But if the Armani shirt is worth 4x times more than the JC Penny, the JC Penny is worth 100x more than no shirt at all. You can get away with going to work in the JC Penny shirt, but you can't get away with going shirtless.

Going to Bali in January

Jeeze man, keep it tight.

Anyway, if you can't have a good time in Bali, you're miserable. You'll be able to get laid in 6 days, no problem.

If you want to get laid 6 times in 6 days, I'd listen to these guys and head to Thailand.

If you are looking to Chilax and have a great time, you've chosen a great place.
Quote: (11-17-2011 01:03 PM)Smoker Wrote:  

Quote: (11-17-2011 10:13 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

OK, since you took my 70% literally, I'll rephrase it to "a very large part of". Better? ;-)

As for what makes up game, if there were no definition at all then we wouldn't be able to talk about it. There has to be some degree of consensus as to what it means.

That said, I'm sure we all have our own slightly tweaked version of what "game" is.

IMO, game means behavioral and psychological tactics and methods that a guy uses to win over girls. Having money is not game. Being good looking is not game. Being famous is not game.

Game is what you have left when you take all those away. It comprises all the abilities a guy has for pulling girls without resorting to superficial means. A guy who wears crappy clothes and nerdy taped up glasses and is out of shape one day decides to hire a fashion consultant, get a new wardrobe, get lasik and works out to get a hardbody? That's not game. That's an improvement, but it's not game.

Game getting over your fears of women. Game is being attractive even when you're ugly. Game is when girls are happy to sit in the driver's seat of you busted up old beater. Etc.

Now let's look at the importance of approaches in game.

First of all, for most guys, the problem they have is they don't have the guts to go up to strange women and talk to them. Even night clubs! Women don't often cross the venue to jump a guy's bones, so a guy who can't approach is not going to get anything at all. He'll be zero-for-zero until he's 50. A guy who approaches enough, even if he's boring as shit (and is not a complete and total repugnant fuck-up), will land some pussy. A guy who approaches 2000 girls a year can't help but land something. So yeah, approach is 70%, IMO. A guy who fears making approaches gets nothing. A guy who doesn't - with no other improvement whatsoever - will luck out with a girl. Whether it's just that she's desperate, she's lonely, her dog just died, wants to get a revenge fuck on her bf... none of that matters. He WILL luck out at the very least. And in reality, your average guy's personality is not so outstandingly boring that he need to luck out on a desperate chick. If he has the balls to approach, he will eventually find someone that likes him just fine. There is no other single action that will make or break your "game" like the ability to approach. Even if you have no clue about women whatsoever at the beginning and never ever read a site like this again, you will gain your own knowledge through enough approaches. You'll learn that some things work better than others. It can't be any other way. So approaches, on their very own, can turn into a certain level of game unless you're a complete and utter doofus.

Even if you only get one girl a year, that's infinity times more than zero. Yeah, approaches matter.

All that other stuff? Dressing well, being funny, push and pull, etc.? Without approaching, it means nothing.

Of course, you do get a synergistic effect from combining all of it. Have the courage to approach girls you're attracted to, look your best when you do, be attractive with your personality, dominate without being controlling, give her just enough to keep her wanting more, etc. All of that together will make you killer.

Or will it?

Look at the numbers of approaches the average guy has to make to get laid. Roosh has a post about girls in the States and I think he said he needed something like 40 approaches per bang. A guy with no game even more, but 40 is a pretty big number. Lots of "normal" guys don't make that many approaches in 2 years!

I know it's not a popular opinion, but "game" is primarily a combination of looking your best and making approaches. Beyond that, you're just using techniques that ups your edge by a fraction. There is no one move that works on all girls, or even 20% for that matter.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that all the other stuff besides approaching is useless. I'm saying that most guys, most of the time, if the ONLY thing they ever do is lose their fear of approaching, they will manage to bang a hell of a lot more than before and will likely get better than they did too. If you go beyond that and learn "game", then you can go from banging a string of 5's and 6s and the occasional 7 to banging a string of 6.5's and 7's with the occasional 8 or 8.5, or even 9.

You can buy a shirt for $50 at JC Penny, but you'll need to pay $200 for the one with the brand name logo. Is it worth it? Depends on the person. Maybe it is worth paying 4x more for that shirt. It's better quality, for sure, and looks and feels a bit nicer too. But if the Armani shirt is worth 4x times more than the JC Penny, the JC Penny is worth 100x more than no shirt at all. You can get away with going to work in the JC Penny shirt, but you can't get away with going shirtless.

Going to Bali in January

Quote: (11-17-2011 10:27 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Bali has nothing on Thailand. Only go to Bali if you have been to Thailand, have a sore todger, and need some chill out time

Nothing on Thailand in what respect? Been to Thailand twice. Loved the place. Interesting, fun, great food, cheap clothes... Had a blast. But if you want to pick up girls, I didn't like it. In Phuket, the sheer number of whores is overwhelming. And most of the girls are ugly anyway. The only good looking ones are the fairer skinned ones. I like the dark-skinned tone just fine, but I don't like their faces. Not at all. The Chinese descendants though, some of them look pretty good. I wasn't running any day game when I was there though. I was limiting my PU to bars and the boardwalk. Had trouble finding one who wasn't a whore. Though my friend did make out with one in the club that we now think was a ladyboy. LOL

Some guys go there to pay $10 per bang and that's fine if that's what you're into. I'm just not, so Thailand is great - just not for picking up. (Next time I go though, I may change my mind because I'll be running day game on the "normal" chicks.)

As for Bali, opinions I read everywhere are hugely in favor of two big thumbs up, so I guess we'll see. I'll report when I get back what I thought of it.

Going to Bali in January

I've been to Bali in November last year. Had a kind of regular girl there and banged her gf too,kissed her other gf, had a girl from Jakarta flying over to see me, banged her too.

skygarden is a nice place to get drunk for free, just drink fast in the one hour unlimited drinking. Bounty is a nice place.

in short : lots of hookers, shitloads of annoying and obnoxious Aussie's,.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Going to Bali in January

All the negatives here about Bali only apply to Kuta. Bali is a big place. It's a totally different vibe a few short kilometers away in Seminyak, for example.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Going to Bali in January

Quote:Quote:

Bali is a shithole

Bali is gorgeous. You might think it's a shit hole if you only went to Kuta but it's really a beautiful and wonderful place. For hitting on women it's possibly not the best though.

Going to Bali in January

Just came back from Kuta not long ago.

Kuta is a shithole. Bounty and Paddys suck, only topless ozzie guys, fat ozzie girls and local hookers

M-bar-go was empty most of the time, but got some cute doorgirls and dancers. If it's full its actually really good.
Sky Garden is where you wanna go if you want to get laid... But there are only maybe 1-2 hot girls out if you are lucky. If you don't really care you will love it.

The quality girls usually wear dresses or something else classy. Hookers, well, look like hookers...

Oh and I didn't do a single cold approach. Game is weird. Just be normal and all that matters is logistics. Girls will start to dance close to you or give you the eyes all the time if they like you. Just say hello.

Logistics... if you stay out until like 4am, there is a gang between Sky Garden and Poppies 2 that tries to rob people. Like kids pulling on your pants and begging while the older ones try and get stuff from your pockets. Just be aware especially if you are pulling, if your girl gets robbed good luck with your pull [Image: wink.gif]

I had enough of Kuta after a few days. Spent more than a week with a cool chick so I had someone to spend my birthday with (lol) and then usually went to M-bar-go chatting up the doorgirls/dancing with the dancers (guys and girls are really chill). There is much more to life than getting laid, it gets old pretty quick especially if it's as easy as in Kuta.

Going to Bali in January

Is there any good nightlife around Jimbaran? I'll be staying there in Jan after 3 days in Ubud.

Going to Bali in January

No. You'll need to take a bike (15-30mins) or taxi (20-40mins) down to Kuta to party.

Quote: (11-21-2011 05:10 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Is there any good nightlife around Jimbaran? I'll be staying there in Jan after 3 days in Ubud.

Going to Bali in January

Quote: (11-21-2011 06:25 AM)Danski Wrote:  

No. You'll need to take a bike (15-30mins) or taxi (20-40mins) down to Kuta to party.

Don't take the bikes! Seen way too many accidents. At least you are safe in a taxi plus they don't rip you off. Use the bluebird ones, they use the meter and are trustworthy.

Going to Bali in January

Guess I'll pass on the nightlife then and restrict my nightlife interactions to the bar at the Four Seasons. Kuta appears way too grimey for my taste.