rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Travelling through Europe in the midst of winter.

I usually escape the UK in the early months of the new year for sunnier shores. Was thinking about checking out Colombia ,or maybe living like a king in Thailand for a month picking up easy tourists.

Then again I am dying to check out the rest of Europe. Starting off in St Petersburg and working my way down through Russia, across Ukraine and Romania. I will give myself 2-3 months to do this starting in the new year. The only problem with this is the weather. Is it a bad idea to take such an epic trip this time of year or could it work to my advantage? Is off-season the new on-season like 2nd tier is the new 1st tier?

PROs:

Students towns won't be empty like in the summer
Less, if any tourists giving me a tad more exotic factor
Wearing some nice clothes, suits, etc.

CON's:

Freezing my sorry ass off on a regular basis
Less to see and do in the day
People don't go out because it too cold? (Can anyone confirm if the streets, bars, clubs are quieter this time of year?)
No skimpy outfits : (

Your thoughts, experiences would be appreciated.

I would opt for Thailand, hot weather, swedish girls scampering around in Bikinis, great food, too many Pros.

A winter trip to Russia, Ukraine, and Romania would be alright, the nightclub action is better in winter, but 2-3 months is too long IMO.

Definitely Thailand.