rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Freedom Twenty-Five Goes To Asia

Quick back story: After two degrees and two years of corporate drudgery, I quit my job, wrote a book, and bought a one-way ticket to Bangkok, flying out Tuesday the 15th.

Original plan was to visit some friends in Bangkok for a week or so to start off the trip, but everyone I know in BKK has been evacuated, so I'm connecting directly to Chiang Mai.

In CM I'll be looking to train Muay Thai, write, work on a business a few hours a day, and meet as many interesting expat creative/entrepreneurial types as possible. Also it goes without saying, meet some fine young local and tourist girls.

After that, I'm meeting up with two buddies for a month and a half of raping and pillaging through Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. Rough plan is to spend New Year's Eve in BKK, then make our way counterclockwise through Phnomh Penh, Ho Chi Minh, up the Vietnemese coast to Hanoi, then across Laos back to Chiang Mai.

After that, my plans are up in the air. I would eventually like to make my way to Africa in time to climb Kilimanjaro with a buddy in June. Other than that.... I'll wait and see what looks good to me at the time.

This forum is the best travel resource I've found for men interested in the kind of life I want to live. If you have advice and suggestions, I want to hear it all.

From a practical standpoint, I'd like to know:

- What are the best spots in Chiang Mai to meet girls? I'll be training at 7am most days, so I'm looking for good daytime/evening hunting grounds as well as clubs. I'll be living close to Airport Central Plaza and would prefer spots close by for logistical reasons.

- What are the best spots to meet cool, young, creative/entrepreneurial types? I am actually much more interested in advice on this than on girls, since it's really not that hard to walk around and look for nice asses. Even better, if any of you know people who you think I'd be interested in meeting, pass my email address (freedomfrost25-at-gmail-dot-com) along to them or just point them towards my blog.

- I WOULD be asking for your recommendations for a good Muay Thai gym, but I'm going with the one YoungMobileGlobal recommended in this thread. YMG, you've been training there for a while now, does your recommendation still hold up?

- Most of the hostel/backpack trip I'm taking with friends is mapped out, except for 2-3 weeks going up the coast of Vietnam. Which cities between HCM and Hanoi are ideal for girls and good times? We aren't complete philistines, so feel free to take cool sites and history into account.

Also, I'm open to any general advice you can offer to a first-time extended traveler. This will be my first time outside of the western world, my first time traveling solo, and my first time out of my country for more than a month. I'm more excited than I've ever been in my life, but I'm also not shy to admit that it's scary as fuck.

I'll be cross-posting my blog updates on my last few days leading up to the trip here, stay tuned!

Cheers,

Frost

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

Yes, I am still at team quest for muay thai and receiving the best training I've ever gotten in my life.

Quote: (11-10-2011 12:56 PM)Frost Wrote:  

Quick back story: After two degrees and two years of corporate drudgery, I quit my job, wrote a book, and bought a one-way ticket to Bangkok, flying out Tuesday the 15th.

Original plan was to visit some friends in Bangkok for a week or so to start off the trip, but everyone I know in BKK has been evacuated, so I'm connecting directly to Chiang Mai.

In CM I'll be looking to train Muay Thai, write, work on a business a few hours a day, and meet as many interesting expat creative/entrepreneurial types as possible. Also it goes without saying, meet some fine young local and tourist girls.

After that, I'm meeting up with two buddies for a month and a half of raping and pillaging through Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. Rough plan is to spend New Year's Eve in BKK, then make our way counterclockwise through Phnomh Penh, Ho Chi Minh, up the Vietnemese coast to Hanoi, then across Laos back to Chiang Mai.

After that, my plans are up in the air. I would eventually like to make my way to Africa in time to climb Kilimanjaro with a buddy in June. Other than that.... I'll wait and see what looks good to me at the time.

This forum is the best travel resource I've found for men interested in the kind of life I want to live. If you have advice and suggestions, I want to hear it all.

From a practical standpoint, I'd like to know:

- What are the best spots in Chiang Mai to meet girls? I'll be training at 7am most days, so I'm looking for good daytime/evening hunting grounds as well as clubs. I'll be living close to Airport Central Plaza and would prefer spots close by for logistical reasons.

- What are the best spots to meet cool, young, creative/entrepreneurial types? I am actually much more interested in advice on this than on girls, since it's really not that hard to walk around and look for nice asses. Even better, if any of you know people who you think I'd be interested in meeting, pass my email address (freedomfrost25-at-gmail-dot-com) along to them or just point them towards my blog.

- I WOULD be asking for your recommendations for a good Muay Thai gym, but I'm going with the one YoungMobileGlobal recommended in this thread. YMG, you've been training there for a while now, does your recommendation still hold up?

- Most of the hostel/backpack trip I'm taking with friends is mapped out, except for 2-3 weeks going up the coast of Vietnam. Which cities between HCM and Hanoi are ideal for girls and good times? We aren't complete philistines, so feel free to take cool sites and history into account.

Also, I'm open to any general advice you can offer to a first-time extended traveler. This will be my first time outside of the western world, my first time traveling solo, and my first time out of my country for more than a month. I'm more excited than I've ever been in my life, but I'm also not shy to admit that it's scary as fuck.

I'll be cross-posting my blog updates on my last few days leading up to the trip here, stay tuned!

Cheers,

Frost

Frost-
Congratulations on your upcoming adventure. All i would say is slow down and be flexible. Your going to love Thailand and making to many plans before you get there maybe a bit hasty. I would recommend finding a home base (i.e. apartment, studio) in Chiang Mai or Bangkok. This will allow you time to network, see how things run on a day to day basis,time to hook into tons of ladies, and meet other experienced travellers. Then go and take one-two week trips to Cambodia, Laos, & Vietnam....travel and visas are so easy to set up in Thailand.
Again this is just advice and often that gets tossed to the side.....but either way buckle up, your going to have the time of your life and you will no doubt love it in Southeast Asia.
keep living the dream--
Tully

Five days on the ground, feels more like a month.

After some running around, I've landed into a good, healthy, productive routine. Training from 7-9am and 4-7pm, work in between and after. I think Chiang Mai is going to be a great city to buckle down to do a ton of work done and get in incredible shape, while getting only minimally distracted by partying no more than 2x a week.

The MT gym I'm at is kicking my ass. I can't believe it took me 25 years to decide to learn how to fight. The ratio of trainers to students is almost 1-1, and the one I'm working with is keeping me just on the brink of passing out from exhaustion for an hour straight.

Lots of cute thai girls everywhere, and the occasional diamond in the rough expat. I need to rustle up some regulars quick or else my hormones will give me no choice but to go out all week and skip morning training... not good.

I haven't been out at night yet, and I've only tested the waters with a few thai girls during the day - short conversations that didn't really go anywhere, I can already tell that this will be a completely new learning curve compared to North American girls.

Forum members who are in CM or have been recently, what bars and clubs would you recommend? Specifically I'm looking for spots that get going early on, so I can be in and out without totally destroying my circadian rhythm. Suggestions or a guided tour welcome!

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

As far as Vietnam goes, Nha Trang and Hoi An are great. The Wikitravel post on Vietnam has some great resources on other locations on the coast especially some that are less frequented by tourists.

Quote: (11-21-2011 12:21 AM)Frost Wrote:  

Five days on the ground, feels more like a month.

After some running around, I've landed into a good, healthy, productive routine. Training from 7-9am and 4-7pm, work in between and after. I think Chiang Mai is going to be a great city to buckle down to do a ton of work done and get in incredible shape, while getting only minimally distracted by partying no more than 2x a week.

The MT gym I'm at is kicking my ass. I can't believe it took me 25 years to decide to learn how to fight. The ratio of trainers to students is almost 1-1, and the one I'm working with is keeping me just on the brink of passing out from exhaustion for an hour straight.

Lots of cute thai girls everywhere, and the occasional diamond in the rough expat. I need to rustle up some regulars quick or else my hormones will give me no choice but to go out all week and skip morning training... not good.

I haven't been out at night yet, and I've only tested the waters with a few thai girls during the day - short conversations that didn't really go anywhere, I can already tell that this will be a completely new learning curve compared to North American girls.

Forum members who are in CM or have been recently, what bars and clubs would you recommend? Specifically I'm looking for spots that get going early on, so I can be in and out without totally destroying my circadian rhythm. Suggestions or a guided tour welcome!

Well from what I understand there are two main nightclubs in Chaing Mai, the Monkey Club, and the Warm UP Club. Both places seemed pretty damn nice from that I remember.

The Warm Up Club was completely packed to the brim when I was there, and there was some kind of indie rock band playing. The crowd at the Warm Up Club definitely seemed to be indie rock/hipster, which I thought was kind of random considering it's Thailand.

I really like the Monkey Club, it had a nice layout, dance floor, good drink menu, and a good food menu too. Lot's of hot girls there the night I went, but was with a chick at the time, so wasn't attempting to game any women. It seems like the norm in Thailand is for people to go out in big mixed groups, and people tend to stick to their social circle.

The next best place to drink in Chaing Mai is down at the "reggae bar", actually there are like 4 bars in the square by the reggae bar and one of them is usually popping off. Normally there are way more tourist girls than Thai, as it's in the backpacker part of town, definitely were some hot tourist chicks and a lot of them are probably DTF. The reggae bar is famous and any tuk-tuk driver can take you there.

Also, another cool spot to take a chick or just to chill is the THC rooftop bar, which overlooks the gates of the old city.

Make sure when you go out you don't dress like the other travellers / backpackers. It's not acceptable to wear shorts & sandals to a club even in Thailand.

haha I've been training with Frost this whole time and didn't realize it

welcome to Team Quest, Frost, it was great meeting you today

I hope to see some more guys out here soon

Quote: (11-22-2011 07:02 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

haha I've been training with Frost this whole time and didn't realize it

Small world! I thought it was odd when me and Kid Strangelove had banged the same lawyer in NYC, a world apart from each other.

This unlikely event beats even that.

I just left CM.

OGNorcal's advice is pretty much also what I know of. Here's the thing, Monkey and Warm Up have hot girls but they're nowhere as easy as you think if you're farang. Mixed groups for sure, and I really rubbed some Thai dudes the wrong way when I flirted with the girl in their group. The second time I went to Warm Up I went with some guys that you'd think would do well: A young, good looking, social, and tall Thai guy who was a doctor and drove a Harley. And a good looking farang that spoke decent Thai. Everybody struck out!!

In my limited experience, the only "easy" girls you meet in the night scene are working in some way, or bottom rung. My best luck with desirable girls was daytime approaches.

Frost: Are you looking for notches or something steadier?

"What are the best spots to meet cool, young, creative/entrepreneurial types?" Once again very limited experience but it seems the more artistic/creative types seem to migrate more to places like Pai, and entrepreneurial and business peeps are more in BKK.

Make sure you check out the Old City (inside the mote), especially around the NE corner, like Moonmuang Rd Soi 6-9. That was my favorite spot since it was so chill and devoid of traffic. Walk around. If you're friendly, strike up conversations with friendly Thai girls and that will lead to some cool match-making. Several times I've had people try to get me with somebody else, like their daughter. You will also meet cool, free-spirited ex-pats.

Some more thoughts on girls in Thailand.

I'm sure you've noticed that all creams you apply to your skin are "whitening". This is a culture that is heavily biased towards having light skin. I can hear you saying "Great! My skin is really white I'll be like a king!" Unfortunately us foreigners are the exception thanks to all the whoremongers that have ruined our reputation. The best thing to be here, IMO after talking to quite a few people about this, is a light skinned Asian, preferably Chinese descent. That is the true sign of status and class here.

So why am I talking about light vs dark skin? There's a niche here for us. Dark skinned pretty girls. I've definitely come to notice that they are more receptive and warm. Probably because they're used to being treated like scum. They are like obese girls in the USA in how they are treated by their society, and thus have to make up for it with personality and devotion. I'm not talking about black skin, I'm talking about browner, and let me tell you there are some real hotties ripe for the picking if you know who to target! [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (11-22-2011 09:12 AM)gringoed Wrote:  

So why am I talking about light vs dark skin? There's a niche here for us. Dark skinned pretty girls. I've definitely come to notice that they are more receptive and warm. Probably because they're used to being treated like scum. They are like obese girls in the USA in how they are treated by their society, and thus have to make up for it with personality and devotion. I'm not talking about black skin, I'm talking about browner, and let me tell you there are some real hotties ripe for the picking if you know who to target! [Image: smile.gif]

This has me thinking, has anyone on here ever tried going for Japanese Ganguros?