rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I hate winter...

I hate winter...

During winter, i'm very weak, anti-social and get easilly cold. I feel very demotivated to try anything and i sleep for long hours....plus i get sick all the time and i always start my year very badly with anxiousness about nothing significant. I also feel very demotivated to hit the gym. Basically, i waste 4 months of my life every year doing nothing but sitting warm in my bed.

Winter just sucks for me even though my country does not have the coldest winds.

How do you guys go through winter?

I hate winter...

Winter is the best time to go really hit the gym consistently.

I hate winter...

Keep in shape, in the winter I usually get vitamin b shots, they give me enough energy and I try not to think about the cold too much. I also have friends that keep me busy. I know some people who get sick in the winter no matter what they do....you might just be one of those people. I say dont get flu shots, they usually make you sick. If you can migrate south for most of the winter.

I hate winter...

Quote: (11-09-2011 02:57 PM)Andreas Wrote:  

During winter, i'm very weak, anti-social and get easilly cold. I feel very demotivated to try anything and i sleep for long hours....plus i get sick all the time and i always start my year very badly with anxiousness about nothing significant. I also feel very demotivated to hit the gym. Basically, i waste 4 months of my life every year doing nothing but sitting warm in my bed.

Winter just sucks for me even though my country does not have the coldest winds.

How do you guys go through winter?

Try vitamin D, I am not sure what country you live in but Vitamin D helps with Seasonal Affect Disorder.

Also start taking organic Apple Cider Vinegar. I went on G's advice and have been taking it daily and my energy levels are cooking on a ridiculous level.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

I hate winter...

Get some really strong lamps. You can get some that simulate daylight.

In Scandinavia some spas have these light benches where you can lie down and soak in good light (not like tanning beds). For many it's the darkness that really gets to them.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

I hate winter...

Moma how are u taking ACG? Do u just take a shot of it every morning?

I hate winter...

Quote: (11-09-2011 04:37 PM)houston Wrote:  

Moma how are u taking ACG? Do u just take a shot of it every morning?

Yea a few tablespoons or sometimes I go gonzo (nuts) and pour like a neck full of the bottle in my water. Sip it and I am a wolf all day. I use Braggs. I tried some other shytty No frills brand before and it was kack.

Go for Braggs. The shyt is cheap and a sleeper if you ask me. Cuts you up pretty nicely too. I'm gonna hit the gym back up and get my monster on for my Christmas vac.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

I hate winter...

Andreas,
Where are you located? Your name sounds Scandinavian. Anyways that you can live part of the year or even relocate completely to a warmer location? I also hate winter and spent last winter in Thailand and the Philippines and loved every second of it. And this is the only way to go really. Work towards achieving that.

I hate winter...

I love winter. I grew up with long winters my whole life though so I'm pretty biased. Try picking up a new winter hobby such as skiing or snowboarding or try something indoors like racquetball.

As a kid I would play pond hockey every night until it got dark. Christmas season always puts me in a great mood as well.

If relocating isn't an viable option, keeping it positive and finding something to look forward to once winter rolls around will make all the difference.

I hate winter...

Quote: (11-09-2011 06:36 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Andreas,
Where are you located? Your name sounds Scandinavian. Anyways that you can live part of the year or even relocate completely to a warmer location? I also hate winter and spent last winter in Thailand and the Philippines and loved every second of it. And this is the only way to go really. Work towards achieving that.

I'm in Cyprus. Summer time is extremely warm and winter feels freezing cold compared to summer. In other countries, winter in Cyprus feels like summer time but for me is still too cold to handle.

I can't move anywhere since this year will be the last year in school. I dont know how to start doing things. The fact that i have to wake up 5:50 in the morning and its freezing cold and coming from school very tired and sleeping for 4 hours straight, it makes me forget about everything.

I hate winter...

I pull better in the winter. My wardrobe is always tighter than it's summer counterpart. The cold gets me wound up, and I like the romantic aspect of fireplaces, ski lodges, ect. It helps escalate physically when a girl squeezes next to you in a bar or wraps around your arm when walking.

It's nice to see a chick in a bikini but you see what you're getting beforehand. I like the element of surprise when undressing a girl wearing long boots, sweaters, and coats. Kinda like unwrapping a present.

Winter is a great time to travel to avoid the touristy prices and competition. The local girls are where they're supposed to be, and the exotic factor is greater for you. In short, my best pulls have come from the winter months.

I hate winter...

Agree with Ali, I can alo dress much better in Winters, So many variations one can do with Sportscoat/Suits/Overcoats/Scarfs etc.

Like other posters said, Hit the GYM, I see a substantial increase in the amount of good looking girls that are at the GYM during winters.

To the OP, you said you get sick alot during winters, Do anything to boost your Immune system, Take Vit C, Vit D, Vit B , Hell just take a Multivitamin, Keep well Hydrated, Take lots of Citrus Fruits , Plenty of sleep , You are good to go Man.............

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

I hate winter...

If you really hate it find a way to live on the opposite hemisphere for a few months a boom, no winter for you.

I hate winter...

Andreas, I feel your pain buddy. I live in the Northeast US and winter is fucking brutal.

I don't know how much a lack of sunlight is a factor during the winter in Cyprus, but I recently purchased this: (Search amazon for Philips goLite blu, I can't post links until I have 10 posts) and have been blasting my face with light for 30minutes first thing in the morning.

Gets me going and ready to fuck shit up at work like none other. There's definitely a noticeable benefit in my mood and energy levels. Good luck dude.

Also, hitting the gym hard and consistently is extremely helpful, as other people have mentioned.

I hate winter...

Quote: (11-10-2011 11:33 AM)punjistick Wrote:  

Andreas, I feel your pain buddy. I live in the Northeast US and winter is fucking brutal.

I don't know how much a lack of sunlight is a factor during the winter in Cyprus, but I recently purchased this: (Search amazon for Philips goLite blu, I can't post links until I have 10 posts) and have been blasting my face with light for 30minutes first thing in the morning.

Gets me going and ready to fuck shit up at work like none other. There's definitely a noticeable benefit in my mood and energy levels. Good luck dude.

Also, hitting the gym hard and consistently is extremely helpful, as other people have mentioned.

What state do you live in? How long have you been using the golite for?
And none of this compared to England, there is hardly any sun during the winter. It's usually overcast there. Same goes for Vancity (so I've heard).

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

I hate winter...

Quote: (11-10-2011 12:54 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (11-10-2011 11:33 AM)punjistick Wrote:  

What state do you live in? How long have you been using the golite for?
And none of this compared to England, there is hardly any sun during the winter. It's usually overcast there. Same goes for Vancity (so I've heard).

I'm an hour outside of Boston, MA. Been using the golite for about 10 days now, and while it certainly hasn't dramatically transformed my life, it makes waking up in the cold, dark mornings of winter significantly easier.

I hate winter...

I find medietations helps you get your center and into a good "zone" everyday before you sleep or after you wake up try to mediatate for a good 15-20 minutes and if done uninterrupted then you should feel a lot better.

I hate winter...

Or you could try these http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive/...e-sunshine

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

I hate winter...

I hate the winter. I can't even imagine living somewhere where it snows and everyone is stuck inside....fuck that! I caught a cold yesterday and it looks like I'm stuck home this weekend.

I hate winter...

Quote: (11-11-2011 06:40 PM)houston Wrote:  

I hate the winter. I can't even imagine living somewhere where it snows and everyone is stuck inside....fuck that! I caught a cold yesterday and it looks like I'm stuck home this weekend.

It's the bird flu and you're gonna DIE houston. Naw I'm just kidding. Make some matza ball soup with leftover beer butt chicken and you'll get over it quick.

This is TOTALLY my unscientific opinion. I believe it is healthier to live in a climate with 4 season changes. Can't explain why but I always feel better in that environment.

I hate winter...

I always wondered how the fuck girls don't get cold, at least in my country. They go out with skirts during winter season and they are just not cold. I get very very cold to the point where my knees shake a bit.

And how does this guy gets naked in snow and i can't do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=madoDvtKEes

I hate winter...

Cyprus huh.

I live in Toronto, you're pretty lucky. Last winter we had a day with -30 F wind chill. I had to walk to school in that kind of temperature. Its fucking brutal, especially because I live near the lake and its windy as hell. I even went to sarge downtown in that kind of weather with a brutal 20 minute walk to the station.

I hate winter...

Too bad... But I can't understand your pain, since I never had a real winter and I never seen the snow.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

I hate winter...

Quote:Quote:

Too bad... But I can't understand your pain, since I never had a real winter and I never seen the snow.

lucky you

Quote:Quote:

Cyprus huh.

I live in Toronto, you're pretty lucky. Last winter we had a day with -30 F wind chill. I had to walk to school in that kind of temperature. Its fucking brutal, especially because I live near the lake and its windy as hell. I even went to sarge downtown in that kind of weather with a brutal 20 minute walk to the station.

Like i said, my winter looks like summer in some other countries. Even though i don't understand how many degrees celsius is -30F it sounds very cold.

Right now it's raining outside, I'm very cold and i just don't give a damn about life now. All i want is sleep sleep sleep in my warm bed.

I hate winter...

Its been snowing here for about 2 weeks and I just heard the weather forecast for the next few days in my area, Saturday the HIGH is -19C, it'll probably dip down to -25 or so, and its only mid-November!!! For sure they'll see -35 to -40 this winter in Alberta, good thing I"m getting the f**k out for a few months!