rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Roosh forum blowing our cover?

I think the recent events in Iceland might just be the tip of the iceburg for Uncle Roosh. I often thought this forum should be members only.
Right now I expect the icelandic girls might think twice about entertaining a foreigner. How long before other countries catch on. Are we potentially damaging our own prospects with women and travel? Don't underestimate the power of the internet.

Nah....info will leak anyway.

Rio de Janeiro was a gold mine until too many dudes started going. Hell, Toronto was a nice getaway in the 1990's-early 2000's until dudes (including myself) opened our mouths (now I don't disclose shyt).

Hype! I will walk the streets of Iceland with Roosh's book in my hand and read it in front of the women at the bar.
What better thing could you carry there to get opened by women?

Haha.
Quote: (11-07-2011 07:59 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Hype! I will walk the streets of Iceland with Roosh's book in my hand and read it in front of the women at the bar.
What better thing could you carry there to get opened by women?

No real cause for concern. We will always be niche and we will alway outshine 90% or more of the other men a girl meets just by knowing the game. The rash of "PUA" info to hit the mainstream in the US with the Pickup Artist show changed nothing. Because we're focused on self-improvement and learning the hard way, rather than gimmicks or routines, we're going to be alright no matter how many girls may find this forum.

Roosh faces a tradeoff between the real benefit of making the forum easy to find and bringing new players in to contribute vs. the (almost nonexistent) possibility that sharing this info in the open will blow our chances.

UrbanNerd do you really think that you and others talking about Toronto being a good destination changed it for the worse?

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Does anyone here have evidence that these forums are causing any impact on places? I personally think the forums are unlikely to cause any significant effect.

It will blow our cover in about one percent, of one percent, of one percent of approaches where the girl has heard of Roosh. So no, it isn't blowing our cover.

Quote: (11-07-2011 07:50 PM)UrbanNerd Wrote:  

Rio de Janeiro was a gold mine until too many dudes started going. Hell, Toronto was a nice getaway in the 1990's-early 2000's until dudes (including myself) opened our mouths (now I don't disclose shyt).
"(now I don't disclose shyt)."
Gay! Do you think we are going to sarge out your hotspots?
I hope when you said that you're talking about one small bar.

You just have to look at the response in Iceland to Rooshs book to see the impact its had. Not necessarily the forum, but the Rooshv community and like minded people. You cannot say that Iceland won't be a harder place to get laid as a result. Get to Poland before the next book is out!
All due respect Roosh... you are doing a great job. But you may become more famous than is good for you.

Quote: (11-07-2011 08:03 PM)The Duke Wrote:  

Does anyone here have evidence that these forums are causing any impact on places? I personally think the forums are unlikely to cause any significant effect.

Look, here's the deal.

Mystery had a national TV show solely devoted to PUA called "The PickUpArtist" (2007-2008). I don't remember what channel it was on. If something like Game is televised in front of the whole world and there are still clueless guys out there still don't know what Game is, then I doubt that an underground, niche internet forum and blog is going to change anything as well.

It's all just hype. It will eventually pass away. Nothing in life is permanent. Nothing in life is certain. Good things don't last forever; neither do bad things last forever. Make use of what you have.

If a nationally-televised TV show (Mystery's "The PickUpArtist") and a national best-selling book (Neil Strauss's "The Game") still haven't had any major impact considering how many clueless AFC betas are still out there, then what makes you think an obscure forum/blog/books is going to change anything?

Hello.

Quote:Quote:

You just have to look at the response in Iceland to Rooshs book to see the impact its had. Not necessarily the forum, but the Rooshv community and like minded people.

Iceland was an anomoly in that its population is around 300,000 people.

There was no outrage when Roosh wrote the f**k guide to Brazil (80 million people)

There was no outrage when Roosh wrote the f**k guide to Argentina (? millions ?)

There was no outrage when Roosh wrote the f**k guide to Columbia (? millions ?)

This was sort of an exception in that

1)English is widely spoken in Iceland so news travels fast. Also, it seems that Icelanders seem to care about their country's reputation a lot.

2)Couple this with a tiny population that's 1/20th the size of New York City and you have a recipe for a news story to spread like wildfire.

So, all in all, the hype will eventually settle down and people will forget.

Hello.

Yup! If these dudes cant who can?
[attachment=3522]

Sure I read the game. It's a light hearted bit of fun about a bunch of nerds learning social skills. I think rooshv books are a lot more risqué and more likely to cause controversy.

Quote: (11-07-2011 08:34 PM)Richie Wrote:  

Sure I read the game. It's a light hearted bit of fun about a bunch of nerds learning social skills. I think rooshv books are a lot more risqué and more likely to cause controversy.

Elaborate.

Hello.

Female hate = Easy sex! Roosh would get triplefold tail if he went back.
And wuss Scandi guys are the last thing in the world a player would ever have to worry about.

Quote: (11-07-2011 08:40 PM)blurb Wrote:  

Elaborate.

Well no one is going to give to much of a shit about a bunch of guys learning how to attract women. Raping and pillaging however is going to raise a few eyebrows. Controversy like that spreads like wild fire. Not saying it wil. Maybe you are right... Just throwing it out there.

Quote: (11-07-2011 08:27 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

That is fuckin incredible pic....is that really mystery and style?

Quote: (11-07-2011 08:42 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Female hate = Easy sex! Roosh would get triplefold tail if he went back.
And wuss Scandi guys are the last thing in the world a player would ever have to worry about.

Probably right

The fundamental question is.. who cares?

Say this forum was linked to by CNN, and suddenly got millions of hits from people around the world. Does that mean we should put up our spurs, and stop trying to improve the game? There are billions of women in this world, and for me that number is quite comforting.

Because every time I make a mistake, or strike out there are always more options. With all do respect to Roosh, in about six months no one is going to give a damn about a book he wrote. His book is not going to change an entire culture.

Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen! -John Mason (The Rock)

Quote: (11-07-2011 08:45 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

Who's style?

Quote: (11-07-2011 08:49 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (11-07-2011 08:45 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

Who's style?

Mystery's sidekick...the guy who wrote The Game...Neil Strauss.

Jeesh, those guys look like they belong in a circus...

I think it's selfish to restrict information once YOU already have it. I'll make a private forum and then exclude you... is that okay?

I remember when The Game came out years ago. Everyone was crying about how game wouldn't work and so on. Now game is more potent and essential than ever. If your sexual success in any part of the world is dependent on certain information being secret, then your game is weak. You should be working on those weaknesses instead of trying to censor information that I believe all men should have access to.

Quote: (11-07-2011 08:07 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (11-07-2011 07:50 PM)UrbanNerd Wrote:  

"(now I don't disclose shyt)."
Gay! Do you think we are going to sarge out your hotspots?
I hope when you said that you're talking about one small bar.

Nah, when I said disclosing information, I was telling any and every dude without fully knowing them or knowing their angle. Some cats were just too buddy-buddy with women for me to tell, but I told them anyway....and paid for it.

It's only natural to want to hoard information you think gives you an advantage over the competition, but the truth is there are a hell of a lot more beta's out there stumbling around, then guys taking advantage of the game.

Worrying about our supposed secrets getting out is a waste of time, and quite frankly counter productive.

Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen! -John Mason (The Rock)

Agreed but what I think I meant was make it male members only. But obviously since you can't screen people that is ridiculous.

Quote: (11-07-2011 08:59 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I think it's selfish to restrict information once YOU already have it. I'll make a private forum and then exclude you... is that okay?

I remember when The Game came out years ago. Everyone was crying about how game wouldn't work and so on. Now game is more potent and essential than ever. If your sexual success in any part of the world is dependent on certain information being secret, then your game is weak. You should be working on those weaknesses instead of trying to censor information that I believe all men should have access to.