rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Alcohol and Tobacco: Sweden & Germany

I am getting ready for my move to Sweden and I am thinking to bring some cases of scotch and vodka as well as cartons of smokes in from Germany.

I will be flying into Frankfurt and renting a car and driving across from Copenhagen to Malmo (plan so far).

Where is the best place to buy quantities of liquor and smokes in Frankfurt, or Germany, in general?

I understand that there is no limit (for personal or family use) on cigs and booze, but I want to know if I might have any hassles on the border between Denmark and Sweden? Or is it just a bridge and thats it?

Quote: (11-05-2011 06:17 PM)Laner Wrote:  

I am getting ready for my move to Sweden and I am thinking to bring some cases of scotch and vodka as well as cartons of smokes in from Germany.

I will be flying into Frankfurt and renting a car and driving across from Copenhagen to Malmo (plan so far).

Where is the best place to buy quantities of liquor and smokes in Frankfurt, or Germany, in general?

I understand that there is no limit (for personal or family use) on cigs and booze, but I want to know if I might have any hassles on the border between Denmark and Sweden? Or is it just a bridge and thats it?

What ferry are you taking? I was thinking about doing that too cause I live near Frankfurt but that 15 hour drive... shit that's a long time.

Quote:Quote:

What ferry are you taking? I was thinking about doing that too cause I live near Frankfurt but that 15 hour drive... shit that's a long time.

I was actually thinking of taking the route through Denmark and crossing the bridge from Copenhagen into Malmo, Sweden.

Do you anything about the ferries? Would you recommend them over the toll bridge?

If you are in Frankfurt, where would be a good place to buy cases of scotch. Thinking something like JW Black, but I plan to bootleg them mostly to Uni students.

What do people in Sweden like to drink?

How much would they pay for a bottle after the systembologet closes?

Quote: (11-05-2011 09:29 PM)Laner Wrote:  

I was actually thinking of taking the route through Denmark and crossing the bridge from Copenhagen into Malmo, Sweden.

Do you anything about the ferries? Would you recommend them over the toll bridge?

If you are in Frankfurt, where would be a good place to buy cases of scotch. Thinking something like JW Black, but I plan to bootleg them mostly to Uni students.

What do people in Sweden like to drink?

How much would they pay for a bottle after the systembologet closes?

Get the fuck outta dodge, they have a bridge that connects the two? Why in the hell does my Navi tell me to take a ferry then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%98resund_Bridge

I see. You wanna go up through Odense and cross over that way. I only have the weekend so I don't have that much time to kill. That'll be one scenic drive.

I don't know anything about bootlegging scotch or what people drink in Sweden. It's my first time going. Sorry.

You are going to drive all the way from Frankfurt to Sweden? I have no idea where there are good shops in Frankfurt and would probably just go to one of the larger malls or regular stores. If you already drive all the way, just before the German-Danish border there is a bunch of shops just catering to Scandinavians selling them alcohol and tobacco. If that's your plan, I can give you more details.

I have never crossed the Öresund-bridge by car (only by train), so cannot judge whether there are any serious controls. As far as I understand, only the import of alcohol for personal use is unlimited. So, if you show up with a car stack full with scotch, you might get some questions if they stop you. Although I know that at least the Danes often do come with little trailers and so...

I have taken the Öresund bridge as well as the ferry ( I guess you mean between Germany and Denmark, i.e. Puttgarden-Rodby) many times and never experienced any controls although there was a rumor about Denmark wanting to reintroduce controls at the German-Danish border this year, I don't know if it came into effect.

The best shop for buying cheap alcohol along the way is probably this: http://se.calle.dk/
Don't worry about customs, unless you're driving a larger lorry no one is going to bother with your "personal use" items.

That is a long drive though!

The best shop for buying cheap alcohol along the way is probably this: http://se.calle.dk/
Don't worry about customs, unless you're driving a larger lorry no one is going to bother with your "personal use" items.

That is a long drive though!

Thanks Vicious. That place has good prices. Just what I am looking for.

What kind of drinks would you recommend bringing over to bootleg to university students?

What's your capacity and destination? Unless you're driving a lorry and going to Sthlm or further north I wouldn't bother.

What's your capacity and destination? Unless you're driving a lorry and going to Sthlm or further north I wouldn't bother.

It will likely be a four door sedan. I am attending University in Lund outside Malmo.

Cool place. Student town. Copenhagen is close as well. Was only there for a few days but that was fun. Join one of the "Nations" (studentnationer).

Quote: (11-09-2011 11:50 AM)Laner Wrote:  

It will likely be a four door sedan. I am attending University in Lund outside Malmo.

So you'll fill it to the brim? Go for middle-of-the-road whiskey like Famous Grouse or wine if you want to unload on the uni girls.

Be careful though, as a non-native the customs might give you trouble if you're so stuffed it's visible.

Vicious, I am having a bit of trouble navigating the site.

Am I correct that this is a shop that caters mainly to Danes and Swedes?

Do I have to order online and then pick it up at a location? I am thinking Flensburg on the Denmark border would work well.

I cant seem to find the addresses of their bricks and mortar shops.

i did the drive a couple of weeks ago. it took me 6-7 hrs from Frankfurt to Malmö. although i don't know where you can buy booze i can tell you that buying it on the Puttgarden ferry is not a good option. the prices are same as in Sweden. as for the customs, there is control on the swedish side of the bridge. i've been stopped and have had my documents checked. the guy took a peek into my car but did not go through my stuff. so if you have truckload of alcohol there's a good chance they are going to ask you questions.