rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Online Game Statistics, Sex, and Age

At one time, Plenty of Fish showed the number of times a profile had been made a "favorite". This is basically a bookmark that members use to track a profile.

Plenty of Fish Favorites Study

The average woman was favorited 52 times, while the average man was favorited only 5 times. The top woman was favorited 558 times! You need some serious game to get through that clutter.

Meanwhile, my (roughly) 40-year-old profile is getting 1-2 messages per day. But it's mostly from older women, some in their fifties. The messages are short and simple, like "Hi". They correctly figure I'll get back to them if interested. I don't think I have special appeal to older women; I just think there are a lot more older woman looking there. The younger women meet men in real life or let the messages roll in.

This is taking too much time. If I just cut-and-pasted then I could message dozens of women per week. Then 90% would not reply. But if a woman contacts me first then she replies everytime. I need to triage my messages.

Quote: (11-03-2011 10:42 AM)kimleebj Wrote:  

At one time, Plenty of Fish showed the number of times a profile had been made a "favorite". This is basically a bookmark that members use to track a profile.

Plenty of Fish Favorites Study

The average woman was favorited 52 times, while the average man was favorited only 5 times. The top woman was favorited 558 times! You need some serious game to get through that clutter.

Meanwhile, my (roughly) 40-year-old profile is getting 1-2 messages per day. But it's mostly from older women, some in their fifties. The messages are short and simple, like "Hi". They correctly figure I'll get back to them if interested. I don't think I have special appeal to older women; I just think there are a lot more older woman looking there. The younger women meet men in real life or let the messages roll in.

This is taking too much time. If I just cut-and-pasted then I could message dozens of women per week. Then 90% would not reply. But if a woman contacts me first then she replies everytime. I need to triage my messages.

Online gaming does require some time and patience. And I find behavior mimics off-line behavior, in that the more attractive a chick is, the more of an attention whore she tends to be. She'll soak up attention, but throw very little back. And yes...older chicks are more desperate, so they'll initiate contact far more. I've been onlining seriously since '08, and the site I'm on (Tagged) I've found exactly what you've observed.

I've practically given up on American chicks (tough finding attractive enough chicks in the age bracket I'm looking at, and the most attractive ones have several hundred friends - attention whore). Most of the ones I do contact, if they respond, respond with only a couple of words, as if they can't be bothered. The chicks that initiate - older, fatter (and the contact is passive, usually a wink or a tag...not even a message). I see who viewed my profile, but most that view still don't initiate any contact. I use it primarily for international gaming - to set up locals in spots I'd like to hit at some point. I've had good success with it internationally, but domestic has been much tougher.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."