rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Homebase in Hamburg-What are my options?

I'm a Black guy moving/being sent/study abroad to Hamburg for the next 6 or so months beginning next January. (This isnt a study abroad where theres is a bunch of drunk ass americans. there are 2 of us)

Hamburg is suppose to be the second largest city in Germany. Would yall consider this a 2nd tier city?

Does anyone have any info on this area? Doesnt seem like anything came up in the search?

Ive talked to a couple guys who have all told me to check out Reeperbahn..Which is like a little red light district, but ive heard nothing of the actually nightlight and whatnot down there.
Ive already started pipelining,prospects are decents a couple 6s and up..lots of duds.

*My place is about 8 miles from the center of the city.
Logistics don't seem the best..housing already paid,its a ten minute bus ride from where I'm suppose to live to the nearest train and another 10 by train to the city center.
My budget it around is about 900-1000 euro a month at the current exchange rate.
**Scandinavia and Poland are only a couple hours away.

I am the cock carousel

I hear good things about Hamburg.

I know Germany gets no love on this board, but I have only ever had good experiences in Germany, and the Germans I know tend to think highly of Hamburg.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Quote: (11-01-2011 06:50 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

I'm a Black guy moving/being sent/study abroad to Hamburg for the next 6 or so months beginning next January. (This isnt a study abroad where theres is a bunch of drunk ass americans. there are 2 of us)

Hamburg is suppose to be the second largest city in Germany. Would yall consider this a 2nd tier city?

Does anyone have any info on this area? Doesnt seem like anything came up in the search?

Ive talked to a couple guys who have all told me to check out Reeperbahn..Which is like a little red light district, but ive heard nothing of the actually nightlight and whatnot down there.
Ive already started pipelining,prospects are decents a couple 6s and up..lots of duds.

*My place is about 8 miles from the center of the city.
Logistics don't seem the best..housing already paid,its a ten minute bus ride from where I'm suppose to live to the nearest train and another 10 by train to the city center.
My budget it around is about 900-1000 euro a month at the current exchange rate.
**Scandinavia and Poland are only a couple hours away.

Too big to be 2nd tier. It's got millions of people in it's urban area. Doesn't the Reeperbahn have all of Hamburg's nightlife in proximity to each other? I've been told Hamburg's nightlife is second only to Berlin's. Bust out a datasheet when your familiar with the joint.

Quote: (11-01-2011 09:31 PM)P Dog Wrote:  

Too big to be 2nd tier. It's got millions of people in it's urban area. Doesn't the Reeperbahn have all of Hamburg's nightlife in proximity to each other? I've been told Hamburg's nightlife is second only to Berlin's. Bust out a datasheet when your familiar with the joint.

Further, it's the wealthiest city in Germany and one of the most in all of Europe. Definitely not 2nd tier.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

I have fond memories of Hamburg. White American here, so not much in the way of exotic factor going for me. Anyway, I got a SNL by talking to a girl next to me while waiting for the metro in Hamburg. She was was from Honduras, there as a student. Spoke no English, only Spanish and German. So we conversed in Spanish. Finally, the Spanish I learned high school paid off in a way I always wanted it to!!!

The Reeperbahn is a red light district area, but there are many legitimate areas to go out nearby. FWIW, I remember one cool bar there called "The Chinese" that I went to with my SNL mentioned above. But that was in 2002!

As others hinted, the area is very wealthy. Lots of buildup of huge houses there during the late 90s, before the tech bubble.

Hamburg is THE first tier city of Germany.

Night life is maybe not as wild and diverse as in Berlin but there still tons of opportunities to party and meet girls.

Reeperbahn is just the name of a street in a quarter called "St. Pauli" with brothels, peep show theaters, bars, etc. next to each other. Around that street, there are many bars, clubs to hang out, so you can enjoy your time there even if you're not after P4P.

Nighlife is spread out through Hamburg, it's not just the Reeperbahn, which is where a lot of tourists go to. You can easily get from one location to another in one evening by public transportation, i.e. the "S-Bahn".

Hamburg ranks as one of the wealthiest cities in Germany and you can feel it. A lot of areas are very posh and the crowd is more sophisticated than in other cities.
Also, people in Hamburg can come across as cold and reserved but it's nothing to worry about.

Ive got a little experience in beating the average german girl at her attempts to be cold game.
I wonder if its the same attitude this far north?

I am the cock carousel

edit

edit

Hunter 7 is spot on.

Another question: How tall are you?

Young northern German guys tend to be 6ft on average - like dutch guys.

And height is the first thing German women chose on - at least those who aren't fat/ugly.

Hamburg is a nice city and has some good nightlife. Downsides are the weather and the high prices.

I'm about 6'1 slim build. Last time I was in Germany I saw the occasional Meat Head looking German guy with a cake up made up chick on his arms. But I could pull the same chicks after 1 date or so(minus the fake make up look).

I figure weather is gonna suck..Im trying to get some new gear together...I havnt seen more than a inch of snow for about 6 year and I only own one overcoat.
When it comes to prices.. I mentioned my place is already set. I havnt actually seen it, and I dont know if its apartment complex or dorm complex style. But I know its a single room.

Whats the best online place to start pipelining..Im trying okcupid right now. But I'm not getting the best responses. Or maybe iIm coming at them wrong?
*How are military treated around there?..I'm not gonna be walking around in uniform or anything but I only brought up the fact that Im somewhat military once in a bar..and no one believed me anyway.

I am the cock carousel

Dont worry too much about snow, its the rain in Hamburg which sucks. Get yourself a nice raincoat, because it seems like its raining almost every day. Not hard rain, but a light fizzle and that sucks big time. Get yourself some good raingear...

Its not only the rent, but everything else is pretty expensive in Hamburg, but since you have like 1000€ monthly at your disposal, you are ok.

Where Im from (Berlin), its neither good nor bad to be associated with the military. Dont about other areas, though.

Also, have no idea about internet-pipelining, never done it.

Last time I was in Hamburg, I went to Prinzenbar and it was pretty good, might want to check that out.

Quote: (11-04-2011 07:02 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Whats the best online place to start pipelining..Im trying okcupid right now. But I'm not getting the best responses. Or maybe iIm coming at them wrong?

Try http://www.finya.de. It's a free dating site (most German sites usually cost you). It seems to be quite strong in the Hamburg area (which is bad for me as I do not live there). Also, it's in German but you should be able to make it work. Okcupid etc. are pretty small in Germany, so you'd have not a large selection.

Btw Dutch guys are even taller than Germans. I'm from the North and yes about 6ft is pretty much average. But when I am in Amsterdam I always feel like I'm the short guy all of a sudden, when I am average in Germany. Dutch people (including girls!) are just freakishly tall.

@hunter7 if you could. writing a Hamburg data sheet would be great... or at least spitting all the info that you know about the place. Im gonna reread bang and day bang and try to put those ideas to work when I get over there.

It doesnt seem like money is gonna be to much an issue. i dont expect to live like a king but 1000euro seems like enough to go hard at least 3 nights a week.
im gonna look up some of these bars and clubs when I get home, but thanks for the info so far.

Is height really that big a deal? like I said im only about 6'1 around here im pretty tall, but I did notice a bunch of tall dude and chicks when i had stopped in amsterdam for day.
lastly..in terms of healthy people...how do they look upon average people? ive met some cool people with money and alot of people that fit the cold unamusing stereotype of germans. I was with one chick thats dad had millions in some hotel business or something..she bought me shit all the time..but her personality was useless for anything more than a twice a week fuck..

I am the cock carousel

With 6ft1 and slim build, you will have no problems.

(Attractive) German girls prefer slender guys over muscular.

Don't go to a club or a bar with a uniform. It will not bring you any advantage.

I think that in Hamburg the obesity epidemic is not as dramatic as in Berlin, btw.

Quote: (11-04-2011 10:34 AM)Mighty Mouse Wrote:  

With 6ft1 and slim build, you will have no problems.

(Attractive) German girls prefer slender guys over muscular.

Don't go to a club or a bar with a uniform. It will not bring you any advantage.

I think that in Hamburg the obesity epidemic is not as dramatic as in Berlin, btw.

Yea..Id never do that..but every now and then I get some prying questions about what I do..even though its not military related.
Haha I heard there's some park where all the hippies and hipsters hang out and smoke weed...maybe Ill hit up the hipster game

I am the cock carousel

edit

To late to see this message..but im on your data sheet now.
One question I do wonder is when it comes to age..Im barely past 20 and look it without growing facial hair..
what does it look like for a dude young dude walking into a bar full of 30s?

I am the cock carousel

*double post*

Quote: (11-07-2011 03:55 PM)hunter7 Wrote:  

I´m going to write up a datasheet. Any wishes ?

By the way, are Munich girls less DTF than other German girls?

edit

edit

What do prospects look like traveling the the Scandinavian countries.?.Border is only hours away

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (11-10-2011 08:54 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

What do prospects look like traveling the the Scandinavian countries.?.Border is only hours away

In summer you could check out some of the beach resorts nearby like Sylt (I haven't been myself, but hear it's a fun place. Do some more research before going).

Very easy to get to Denmark on the train.

Otherwise you can do a weekend in Aarhus - Denmark's second city. It's small but has an active nightlife on weekends.

There are often special offers to Copenhagen on the train you should be able to grab a return ticket for under 100 EUR.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat