rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dealing with the "death" of a wingman

So me and my buddy are at a bit of a loss and I'd like some input (especially from some of the veterans of this board).

We have this friend, lets call him Charlie (28yr/old), who we've unfortunately lost to the other side. He was a beast in the field, a wolf in sheep's clothing one could surmise. Every weekend all three of us would hit the town and of the group he pulled the most ass out of the bars/clubs. He also had an anti-relationship POV that he quite readily discussed. All this changed about 3 months ago........

He met a chick at a divebar we all went to one weekend and his nuts have been superglued to her purse ever since. He had a framed picture of this chick on his nightstand 3 weeks after meeting. He attends church functions (dude hasn't been to church a day in his life), goes applepicking, buys the bitches' every waking meal, and no longer can get the "night off" to hang out w/ the group.

If this was just a basic full-on beta I'd let it pass, but this dude was on such a hot-streak and possesed so much love for the game I feel obliged to ask a group of well-seasoned individuals their opinion. 2 weeks before meeting this chick he walked into a supermarket for some milk, met a decent looking MILF in the checkout line and was penetrating 90 minutes later.

We're thinking of having an intervention of sorts. Although 99% of me says chalk this one up to a loss, dude is too far gone. Anyone ever run into this?? Where a borderline alpha goes full on Beta and then some???

Sounds like he's starting to "fall in love" with the girl. It can happen to ANYONE. Thats just life. I've seen this so many times. I bet theyre already talking about marriage. Is she at least decent looking?

There really isn't anything you can do until they hit a bump in their relationship. That is unless you want to be real evil about it, which I doubt you do since he's your buddy. Just bide your time, if she's starts displaying slut-tells or treating him like shit then use that as your opportunity. If his relationship isn't actively fucking with your life you risk pushing your friend even farther away, especially if she finds out about it.

Personally i think a true alpha cannot be held down by anything. Not marriage and kids let alone a 3 month old relationship....

Since he has already tasted blood he will surely get sick of the relationship routine and want to be a man again...if he doesnt then he never was an alpha to being with and was just acting the part....

you can pray for him....

The Lizard Whisperer.......

Quote: (10-26-2011 07:15 AM)dbrown7 Wrote:  

Is she at least decent looking?

Cute, but he's def. tagged hotter

Quote: (10-26-2011 09:55 AM)satanova77 Wrote:  

Since he has already tasted blood he will surely get sick of the relationship routine and want to be a man again...if he doesnt then he never was an alpha to being with and was just acting the part....

Extremely valid point. Unfortunately the latter part of that comment may be the case in this particular situation. I presume a few others have gone through a similar situation.......do tell

Leave it alone. He'll ask you for support once she dumps him, then you can bring him back to life.

I have seen a lot of guys like this come and go.

You have to be something special to have a long career at this.

Most simply don't have the mental strength and physical endurance to live "The Life".

"This is just one single you got, that's really hot
Tomorrow it could bust just like a blood clot
Leave you in the dust with your body to rot"

Well, looks like he fell in love. Nothing wrong with that. If he wasnt playing to win, then what was he playing for?

Sure, the man is getting castrated a little bit more everyday, but, if he is happy and willing, theres nothing for you to do about it.

Just be prepared to nurture him back into the wild in a few months time.

Just to clarify- are LTRs considered to be bad in general, or is it just this kind of pedestalizing LTR that is bad? I know Roissey isn't against them.

What would it take for you to get into LTR?

Quote:Quote:

He attends church functions (dude hasn't been to church a day in his life), goes applepicking, buys the bitches' every waking meal, and no longer can get the "night off" to hang out w/ the group.

See, this is the part that bothers me. He can't even hang with his old friends once in awhile? Not even wing and help his buddies out?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (11-21-2011 10:10 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

He attends church functions (dude hasn't been to church a day in his life), goes applepicking, buys the bitches' every waking meal, and no longer can get the "night off" to hang out w/ the group.

See, this is the part that bothers me. He can't even hang with his old friends once in awhile? Not even wing and help his buddies out?

Samseau: In her eyes, winging and pulling are the same thing. If he's helping his buddies get laid, he is most definitely cheating - or at least, that's how she will see it.

Quote: (11-21-2011 10:17 AM)Alpha Wrote:  

Samseau: In her eyes, winging and pulling are the same thing. If he's helping his buddies get laid, he is most definitely cheating - or at least, that's how she will see it.

Awesome, no trust between them. Great start to a relationship.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Quote: (11-21-2011 10:18 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (11-21-2011 10:17 AM)Alpha Wrote:  

Awesome, no trust between them. Great start to a relationship.

No trust due to her projecting her hypergamous nature on him lol

Having dealt with a similar situation (my friend was far more beta though) I can tell you there's little you can do. You'll only piss him off and he'll want to hang out with you less if you point out how insane he's acting.

Just be happy for him, hope he breaks free at some point, and work on tightening your game to assume the now vacant spot as your groups lead dog.

Update:

Dude is finished. He'll be plowing that same old haggard box for the next 60 yrs. Tough to see him go, but CJ your comment is enlightening. I'm sure in twenty years he'll reflect upon his early retirement amidst his prime. Kinda like if Jordan pulled the plug for good in 97'

Myself and the remaining team member (who is a member on this forum) have just tightened our game and continued the conquest...........

But he's in LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Gotta let him do his thing bro. Focus on yourself and if he needs you be there for him. He's his own man, and he's choosing whatever it is he's doing/thinking.

Quote: (10-26-2011 02:45 AM)TheAntiWhiteKnight138 Wrote:  

So me and my buddy are at a bit of a loss and I'd like some input (especially from some of the veterans of this board).

We have this friend, lets call him Charlie (28yr/old), who we've unfortunately lost to the other side. He was a beast in the field, a wolf in sheep's clothing one could surmise. Every weekend all three of us would hit the town and of the group he pulled the most ass out of the bars/clubs. He also had an anti-relationship POV that he quite readily discussed. All this changed about 3 months ago........

He met a chick at a divebar we all went to one weekend and his nuts have been superglued to her purse ever since. He had a framed picture of this chick on his nightstand 3 weeks after meeting. He attends church functions (dude hasn't been to church a day in his life), goes applepicking, buys the bitches' every waking meal, and no longer can get the "night off" to hang out w/ the group.

If this was just a basic full-on beta I'd let it pass, but this dude was on such a hot-streak and possesed so much love for the game I feel obliged to ask a group of well-seasoned individuals their opinion. 2 weeks before meeting this chick he walked into a supermarket for some milk, met a decent looking MILF in the checkout line and was penetrating 90 minutes later.

We're thinking of having an intervention of sorts. Although 99% of me says chalk this one up to a loss, dude is too far gone. Anyone ever run into this?? Where a borderline alpha goes full on Beta and then some???

Quote: (11-22-2011 01:34 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

But he's in LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Ahahahaha

Quote: (11-22-2011 01:40 AM)Iceinthewater Wrote:  

Gotta let him do his thing bro. Focus on yourself and if he needs you be there for him. He's his own man, and he's choosing whatever it is he's doing/thinking.

No doubt bro......this shit doesn't keep me up at night, just thought it'd be interesting to hear RV forum's opinion

I think naturals are more prone to this than guys who have to consciously learn game. Guys like that have always been good with women and they tend to dismiss game as a self-help scam for losers because as naturals they've never really experienced how women act towards guys who don't have game. Thing is when they finally do fall in love they aren't carrying enough negative experiences with them to be guarded, which I suppose is good or bad depending on how you look at it. But regardless, they get sucked into the relationship and lose track of their friends.

Update: Said friend has a SERIOUS case of oneitis. He's been dating this girl for 6-7 months and is now planning to propose. Tough blow, and even tougher to know how miserable he inevitably will become 5-10 yrs down the road. Pour some out for wasted talent......

If it makes him happy, then let it be. What's wrong with him living his own life even if what he's pursuing at the moment ends up different goals then yours?

Quote: (01-27-2012 02:48 PM)ccurtis189 Wrote:  

If it makes him happy, then let it be. What's wrong with him living his own life even if what he's pursuing at the moment ends up different goals then yours?

Exactly. Let him pursue his happiness, we all know it's a dead fucking end but he should be allowed to fail. Plus, when has anyone been logic'd out of a relationship?

Fuck, i feel like the wingman you are talking about is me.

Im in a stage where i have been in touch with this girl (the church girl thread) and im considering having a serious relationship with her. I know i will still be fucking women on the side but she is the only girl who i am considering dating in YEARS and if i do this i know it will affect my international playboy lifestyle.

There are not many real good women out there, when you find one, you kinda want to keep it. Its crazy.

Quote: (01-27-2012 02:30 PM)TheAntiWhiteKnight138 Wrote:  

Update: Said friend has a SERIOUS case of oneitis. He's been dating this girl for 6-7 months and is now planning to propose. Tough blow, and even tougher to know how miserable he inevitably will become 5-10 yrs down the road. Pour some out for wasted talent......

Again, speaking from experience, you just gotta let this one go. Your buddy is down for the count, just 'be happy for him' and do your own thing. Years from now, when he's married to this chick, they have kids, and he's stuck he'll mention in passing how he envies your life. You'll just have to laugh then and tell him you know.

Absolutely.......agree w/ all of you. Maybe by making this thread I've put out the vibe that I truly give a shit...........when I don't. Just thought it was worth a chuckle and wondered if anyone else has dealt w/ "the death of a wingman"

Trying to talk him off the ledge isn't something I'd do even if I wanted to.