rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Travel apps

Travel apps

Hey playas, just curious for any travel apps for the iPhone/iPod Touch you guys use that might come in handy for my first solo trip in december?

Travel apps

Quote: (10-25-2011 05:11 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Hey playas, just curious for any travel apps for the iPhone/iPod Touch you guys use that might come in handy for my first solo trip in december?

Check out TripIt. It's an aggregator for all your air, hotel,car rentals, etc.

Travel apps

i like 'travel guide'...and tripadvisor too.
also, motionX GPS was handy.. as was talkaphone/google voice.

Travel apps

I use flight-track pro with a subscription to tripit.com. I cannot even begin to tell you the value of this app, and tripit.com. You can share your itineraries, and the app tells you gate, gate changes and when you can even check-in online the moment it becomes available by your airline to do so!

The most impressive feature is the ability to e-mail your flight itinerary to tripit.com, and it sets everything up for you in seconds!!!

Mixx

Travel apps

Thanks alot guys will check these apps out.

Travel apps

Wi-Fi Finder is useful for finding hotspot locations.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Travel apps

I hear Hotel Tonight is a great app. My boy got a room at the Hyatt in DC for only $26/night using it. Use Oabdalla for the promotion code and you'll get $25. Then you can set one up with your name to pass to friends so they get a discount as well.

Travel apps

Trip it and Hotel Tonight are the only 'special' apps I've used that add any real value.

For business travel, be sure to have an expense app - Taking and tagging photos of receipts is at point of purchase beats the hell out of saving receipts for expense reports.

There's also an app that tracks airline/rewards miles and points which seems promising... I think Award Wallet. Haven't tried it out yet.

Travel apps

Like trader said, hotels tonight has some ridiculously low rates. I work in the industry and we hate that site (not me personally) because of how low of rates they have. I work at a 4 1/2 star hotel and you can get rooms for $100 a night.

Travel apps

Yelp is nice in countries where its available, to find where places are, and decent restaurants but sometimes club reviews you need to take with a grain of salt.

Currently [Home]

Travel apps

Quote: (06-05-2013 06:20 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

I hear Hotel Tonight is a great app. My boy got a room at the Hyatt in DC for only $26/night using it. Use Oabdalla for the promotion code and you'll get $25. Then you can set one up with your name to pass to friends so they get a discount as well.

Yeah. For Hotel Tonight, be sure to check it out at Noon (12pm) because that's when the hotels roll out the deals for the night. Best ones get nabbed first so you want to get in early.

One dude told me he got a room at the Westin for $55/night for three nights. You have to book the day of and will have that rate for either 1-5 nights. Depends on the hotel and the deal.

Travel apps

I recently started using one called TripCase. You e-mail your itinerary to an address after you register, and it will generate all of your flight info on your phone, including many useful links and contacts, i.e. airline number, alternative flight schedules, etc. All free.

Also like Flight Board for Arrival/Departure info.

Travel apps

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I use an app called Live Expenses. It lets you keep track of your income/expenses on your trips. You get to choose currency and type of expense (restaurant, taxi, etc.). Really handy to check reports at the end of the trip for total expenses on each category.

Travel apps

Is there any app like hotel tonight that works outside of US (for android)?
thanks