rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Has sex been made cheap by the economy?

According to this article the bad economy had been a boon to sex. I actually thought it would be the opposite and would cause women to become more hypergamous and selective. Though it may be the case that just like with financial wealth, all these gains in the sex market may be going to the top 10% of men with nothing trickling down to the average man.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/ope...f=obinsite

Thoughts?

Edit -- the "Mars vs Venus" fighting in the comments section is quite interesting too.

The fucked up economy has made it more acceptable to go on cheap dates, but most dudes on here are going for the ONS anyways, so this doesn't matter.

Personally, the idea of dating is kind of outdated. I don't really go out on dates anymore. If I am somewhere and I want to meet up with a chick, I usually send out a text and so on. If she doesn't show up, I just continue the normal pickup routine where I am at. If she does show up, I will buy her a few drinks to loosen her up, but beyond that...I don't spend much on "dates."

Again, kind of pointless to spend lots on "dates" if you are doing the ONS routine.

Looks like the types of insights we've been discussing for a long time are slowly going mainstream. It has nothing to do with the state of the economy, though. And the article seems confused on that point too and confusingly links the lowering costs of sex with economic collapse.

This is especially interesting:

Quote:Quote:

“Every sex act is part of a ‘pricing’ of sex for subsequent relationships,” Regnerus said. “If sex has been very easy to get for a particular young man for many years and over the course of multiple relationships, what would eventually prompt him to pay a lot for it in the future -- that is, committing to marry?”
Did you answer, “Love”? You’re adorable.
“Sexual strategies for making men ‘fall in love’ typically backfire, because men don’t often work like that,” Regnerus says.

This is why Rules girls get dumped by alphas. There's simply no incentive to hang around while she ticks boxes according to her weak ass rules. Roissy had a great post on this theme http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2011/10/2...girl-game/

Quote:Quote:

What I hear in interviews with women is plenty of complaining about men or about the dating scene, but their annoyance is seldom directed at other women.”

Bullshit. Women are the biggest slut shamers out there. More likely most women are too short-sighted to understand the big picture and why slut shaming happens.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat