rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Smart/Interesting vs. "Quality"

Something I've been mulling over...

On Roissy's blog (for those of you who follow it), he argues pretty strongly against dating grad school girls because they are argumentative, masculinized, etc. In my experience, though, the grad school female crowd also tend to be the ones who have interests beyond just celebrity gossip and fashion. They like interesting movies, books, and music, have opinions about policy and life, and generally can hold their end of a conversation well. I'm not going to say it's because they're "smarter," but I think one could argue that the same curious minds that lead them to grad school also tend to pull them into interests that appeal to people whose reading lists don't end with Us Weekly.

So my question is, does a guy have to choose between an interesting (but ballcutting) grad school woman and a "quality" girl who is feminine, warm, charming, graceful, etc...but painful to talk to beyond joking around? Obviously there is a vast middle ground - the use of the extremes is really just hyperbole to get the conversation going.

Very good topic Fam. I can think of several girls right off that bat who are in graduate school who fit that archetype of argumentative and masculinized(who probably looks up to Hillary Clinton as the ideal of what a woman should be). Yet at the same time, you're right, they tend to have more interesting personalities. For those of guys with a 3 digit IQ, we need the intellectual stimulation, but I also need a woman to be feminine.

Quote: (08-27-2008 11:53 AM)Fam Wrote:  

So my question is, does a guy have to choose between an interesting (but ballcutting) grad school woman and a "quality" girl who is feminine, warm, charming, graceful, etc...but painful to talk to beyond joking around? Obviously there is a vast middle ground - the use of the extremes is really just hyperbole to get the conversation going.

Reject the premise. The world isn't all Hillary Clinton/Michelle Obamas and Holly Homemakers.

The grad school, or in my case professional woman, has that feminine/warm/charming/graceful woman inside of her. You hardly ever meet a "feminist" that deep down doesn't want to look pretty, have kids, and take care of a household. She wants those things *in addition* to her career.

I have a few friends from extended family who have the credentials to be "grad school girls" and they don't fit the negative premise. Call me limited in my experience, so for now I don't agree with the premise.

I don't think it's an either/or case, like broken said, but there are trends, and grad school girls tend to be high achieving with high expectations. When these things are high, it tends to make relationships with more difficult and orderly instead of spontaneous and pleasurable.

Most of the grad school girls i've dated i had to ditch soon after sex. It has become the point where she doesn't even have to tell me her educational level... by her attitude i can tell. Bottom line is i will take the least educated girl that can satisfy and interest me the most. College grad is fine.

Quote: (08-27-2008 10:23 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Bottom line is i will take the least educated girl that can satisfy and interest me the most.

So you're willing to compromise a bit on the "interest" aspect for the sake of ease of getting along?

Quote: (08-27-2008 10:23 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Bottom line is i will take the least educated girl that can satisfy and interest me the most.

In your opinion, do less intelligent girls make for better sex?

Quote:Quote:

Unless you feel the need to bust inside a chick so then it'll have to be like a lawyer chick right?

Fam: It's a case by case basis. It's hard to quantify interest, especially since there is that interest where you can talk for hours and the sensual type where just looking at her turns me on.

I haven't noticed a strong correlation between sex quality and educational level. Her personality and country of birth seems to be a strong correlator though.

I think the smart but bitchy vs. dumb but nice dichotomy is particularly a problem in the U.S.

All other things being equal, if you want smart, educated, beautiful, feminine, and nice, you'll have to look for women from other countries, particularly European ones.

i met a couple of feminine and interesting girls. when you screen you will find them

The smarter the girl the easier it is for me.Smart girls pay attention to what you say and they do not use stereotypes.So they get easily in the sack.

Quote: (08-28-2008 11:15 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Fam: It's a case by case basis. It's hard to quantify interest, especially since there is that interest where you can talk for hours and the sensual type where just looking at her turns me on.

I haven't noticed a strong correlation between sex quality and educational level. Her personality and country of birth seems to be a strong correlator though.

Best sex I've ever had was a Harvard undergrad. I think she's in medical school now.

I don't think there's very much of a correlation to how educated a girl is, and how interesting she is. Grad school girls are often uppity and boring.

Smart girls have fast brains which take fast turns.They are way more interesting in conversation but can put on a lot of pressure when your brain needs to relax.

Kamaki..... I like girls who take fast turns in conversation, but I know a lot of smart girls who can't have a decent conversation, maybe because they have spent their whole lives overlooked by men and have never developed into conversationalists as a result.

Also, many educated girls have bought in to the idea that they are valuable because of their education, even if they are uninspired and don't really understand their own field of study. They go on to be lab assistants and adjunct professors, inflated by the piece of paper they earned but never rewarded for the creative intellect that they lack.

It isn't an either/or case. There isn't a strong correlation between how intelligent/educated a woman is and how interesting/bangable she is. It all depends on her attitude. A lot of highly educated women have a massive chip on their shoulder. They believe they are more desirable and deserve the best because of their accomplishments. But they don't realize that we don't care about how educated they are. We just care about how they look and how they act.

When I was in grad school (b-school actually) I had a great time. All the women were into casual hookups because everyone had to study like crazy. And the women were not interested in landing a husband because they wanted careers.

So it was fuck, study study study, fuck, and study some more.

At one point I was fucking two babes who were on my team in a marketing class and neither of them knew it. It was great.

Of course this was the 80s, pre Aids. But the babes were DTF.

I'll take dumb, pretty and loyal any day of the week.

Team Nachos

This is a no brainer! Looks and fun > anything "intelligent"

If I want to have an intelligent conversation, I'll pivot my chair away from the girl and dial up a male friend who has had a positive impact in my life. Life is a game and girls are toys to play with, not to be taken seriously

I have guy friends to talk about serious stuff with.

Girls are for fun.

Plus, the smarter you are as a man, the less likely you'll find a woman who is your peer.

In an IQ distribution, women are smarter in the average average. But there are more brilliant (and retarded) men.

How many women write books, solve math paradoxes, create new theorems, etc?

Women just don't tend towards brilliance.

So if you're a man in the top 1% of IQ, good luck finding a girl who can hang.

My game, for better and worst (mostly worst), is well-suited to this demographic. As a result, I've banged (and not banged) a fair share of grad-school girls and can make the following observations:

(1) Many are cute, some are outright hot. Forget the stereotype that these chicks are all ugly. A majority of these girls are in the sweet-spot 22-26 age range and have taken care of themselves. They eat well, bike to campus, and hit the campus gym periodically. Sure, there are some horrifying specimens, but there is also some legit talent in the American grad schools.

[Image: attachment.jpg7471]   

(2) Not all disciplines are the same. Not even close. Women in the humanities tend to be the most uptight. The ones in the sciences are the most socially awkward (and poorly dressed), but there are a lot of freaks hidden in their ranks--and you often can't tell the difference by just looking. Many of the "pansexual" nerdy types that I've posted up from online profiles in other threads were self-declared science grad students. Business, Law, and professional-school bitches are different animals entirely. Business chicks are basically party animals (with the possible exception of the Indian ones). Law chicks run the gamut from slutty business-like party animals to rigid careerist types.

(3) As a whole, they tend to be more prudish, uptight, easily offended, and relationship-minded that the regular chick population--without a doubt. The ones in the humanities will likely adhere to the type of over-simplified feminist beliefs you will find pestilent. They are socially awkward and they often won't put out even if they're swimming in their own horniness, from weeks of not getting laid. Keep in mind that this sort of restraint and self-control is what got them into a good graduate school in the first place. This, of course, means lower dick counts, for the most part. Many of these chicks look for (only) for stable-boyfriend types, so they can get into a relationship and forge ahead on their work. It's a calculated move that speaks to their uptight, planning tendency. Needless to say, these girls haven't the foggiest clue on how to flirt with you or seduce you.

A typical grad-student chick's online profile:
[Image: attachment.jpg7472]   

(4) They are smarter. Not all of them are (some are just good at school), but some can be pretty damn "smart"--or, probably more accurately, educated. They can actually teach you shit and are curious about the world around them. They'll have hobbies that develop their higher faculties, like playing an instrument (well) or looking through a telescope. They know very little about Kim Kardashian and have shitty cell phones. A huge percentage of them, for some reason, don't even own TVs. They like foreign films and know the directors and shit. They will have traveled. They probably speak a least one additional foreign language. If you have the misfortune of meeting one online, you'll note that their grammar and turn-of-phrase are impeccable. They'll be tastefully witty and brilliant in writing, but often disappointingly incongruent in person.

(5) They're often domestic. Many of them know how to cook or bake, and enjoy doing so. This is less an expression of their love for domesticity than another pragmatic decision or natural product of their tendency to be home-bodies and prudes.

(6) They dress like shit and cut their hair short. This is particularly a problem is the sciences, but tends to be the rule more than the exception across the board. Even the best-dressed ones will only wear "sensible" stuff from Ann Taylor Loft or J-Crew or the Gap or Banana Republic. High heels and cool fashion are rare. You may get some gratuitous hipster-wear from the occasional one, but nothing like you'd see on Hollywood Blvd or Miami Beach on a good night. Boy cuts and ear-length cuts (that leave loose strands when put in a pony tail) are endemic.

(7) Many of the shier ones only get excited when they talk about their work. I'm shocked at how common this has been. They're flat until you ask them about some reactor or some dead author or the roots of Obama's political philosophy, and then they cut loose.

(8) Most are accustomed to being around weak, effeminate men with no game or musculature 24/7. This can work for, and against, you. A sizeable percentage will be frightened by just your masculine presence and even your most harmless of game moves. A smaller population will crave your manliness, and stick to you like glue.

What does all of this mean? If you find a gem (probably no more than 10 percent of the population) who isn't too prudish, too feminist, too old, too crazy, not singularly focused on her work, basically not full of shit, who is also cute, has held onto some feminine sweetness, and didn't cut all her hair off, you have a chick you may actually enjoy hanging out with and--if you were so disposed--would probably make for a decent LTR. They are extraordinarily hard to find, but they exist. I've come across pretty hot ones who turn out to be irredemably prudish or awkward, with flat personalities. I've met really fun ones who will talk to me, intelligently, about the absurdities of feminist thought, teach me about some shit I didn't know about, cook for me, but then only look okay. I've run into a few gems. I've also come across a couple of the secret sluts. [Image: biggrin.gif]

But, the overwhelming majority of these chicks are irretrievably damaged in some respect, in my experience, to the extent that I've sometimes cut off a conversation (or not pursued a lead) because I learn they're grad students. The odds that I will deal with a lot of work, for very little yield, are simply too high.

Not recommended.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

It also depends on the faculty they pursue.Girls in pedagogics,philosophy,philology are the most feminine ones.In law school they are friendly only to make connections for career development.In engineering,computer programming where they are overwhelmed by a male majority they have more normal behavior(they are used to men) but they can be spoiled by the constant attention(guys in engineering look and behave in general more masculine than guys in pedagogics,philosophy and philology).
The sluttiest are the ones who attend low grade technical schools(I heard that gangbangs take place there) and shools like aesthetics(make-up,maskara,manicur,pedicur),hairdressing,tourist studies(studying to become waitresses,hotel receptionists etc).Nursing school students are hit and miss(despite there also being a low population of not so phanatical men as we call them here).