rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

South America

South America

Hi guys

I'm currently living in Ukraine, been here for four months and having an absolute ball thus far. But winter is fast approaching, and it is with much regret that I must leave heaven and venture south of the equator for some fun in the sun.

I want to go to South America, but am deciding where would be the best country to hang out. I don't want to travel around too much, I prefer to stay in one place, have a nice apartment, concentrate on my game etc.

I plan to go for 1-2 months, i'm thinking Argentina, Brazil, or Columbia.

Which would you choose?

South America

Personally Brazil over Argentina for about a zillion reasons but I've never been to Colombia.

South America

You speak Spanish or Portuguese?

I'd say Brazil. I haven't been to Colombia yet. But between Argentina and Brazil, I'd choose Brazil.

South America

Nope I don't speak either [Image: sad.gif]. But I have a couple of weeks to learn a bit [Image: smile.gif].

Would you choose Rio?, i'm guessing Rio is expensive, perhaps better to choose another city by the coast?

South America

One of my favourite cities in Brazil is Florianópolis. There is a thread here on it, you might want to check it out. Nice island city with plenty of green.

Considerably cheaper than Rio, and personally, I find the women there prettier. There are a few neighbouring cities (such as Balneário de Camboriu) that I heard there are some good parties on occasion. I am a bit outdated, but that was the case some years ago.

... but you gotta pimp up that portuguese, or you'll be having a hard time!

South America

Thanks, looks great

How safe is it?, am I likely to get mugged/kidnapped?

South America

[quote='Deb Auchery' pid='105144' dateline='1318675898']
Thanks, looks great

Do you know how easy would it be to rent an apartment for a month or two?

South America

Quote: (10-15-2011 05:51 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Thanks, looks great

LOL!

I am really tempted to saying YES, YOU ARE!!!

But no. Florianópolis is safer than Rio.

Brazil is no Iraq, people forget that. Is it dangerous? Yes. Is the most dangerous place this side of the world?? Hell no.

I've lived in Rio all my life. When I was 15 two different guys tryied to mug me on the same year. They didn't take anything from me, as I was going jogging and wasn't carrying money with me. That was it.

But have I heard of nasty things going on? Of course. Big cities are dangerous, Brazil or elsewhere.

Learning how to cope with crime is a skill for global travellers.

South America

Apartment in Florianópolis? Dunno... what I can say is that your best bet would be to look for a flat at the downtown area of Florianópolis. My guess would be something around 1000Reais a month. Downtown there is good, as there is the bus station nearby where you can go anywhere in the city. Nightlife might be pretty disapointing compared to Rio though. You'd have to look for the better more crowded spots.

South America

Hehe

Yep i'm pretty well traveled, never had any problems.

Gonna do some research on this Flori' place

South America

What is the cost of living like?

For example:

Basic meal in Restaurant
Beer
Taxi fare
etc

South America

Again, I haven't been there in some years. You can ask this kind of question in the Florianópolis thread. Neil Skywalker member has been there recently.

But for what I can recall, a good, decent meal there would cost you something like 10-12 Reais tops, whereas in Rio 18-22 Reais or more.

Taxi and beer probably a bit less than Rio.

Beer I'd say in the clubs 4 Reais tops and elsewhere 2-3 Reais. Rio would be 5-7 in the clubs.

You can ask these questions at the Florianópolis thread.

South America

Ok cool thanks, sounds affordable enough. Will find this Flori' thread

South America

Quote: (10-15-2011 05:24 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Hi guys

I'm currently living in Ukraine, been here for four months and having an absolute ball thus far. But winter is fast approaching, and it is with much regret that I must leave heaven and venture south of the equator for some fun in the sun.

I want to go to South America, but am deciding where would be the best country to hang out. I don't want to travel around too much, I prefer to stay in one place, have a nice apartment, concentrate on my game etc.

I plan to go for 1-2 months, i'm thinking Argentina, Brazil, or Columbia.

Which would you choose?

id scratch Argentina off your list.

Havent hit up Argentina yet (its near the bottom of my latin america list) but I have been to Colombia and Brazil and I can tell you right now, there is no way Argentina women are hotter or easier.

Now which would I choose between Colombia or Brazil? It would prob be at the beach imo.

Thats a fucking tough question. Cant go wrong with either. Id make that decision based on which language I knew more of.

Id also consider Lima, Peru and Merida, Venezuela.

South America

Quote: (10-15-2011 05:24 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

I'm currently living in Ukraine, been here for four months and having an absolute ball thus far.

4 months is enough time to give us some serious advice on Ukraine. So, when are you planning on bustin' out a data sheet or lay strategy report on Ukraine for us from your POV?

That's how we do things here you know, contributions!...[Image: smile.gif]

Mixx

South America

Quote: (10-15-2011 05:58 AM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

Quote: (10-15-2011 05:51 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Thanks, looks great

LOL!

I am really tempted to saying YES, YOU ARE!!!

But no. Florianópolis is safer than Rio.

Brazil is no Iraq, people forget that. Is it dangerous? Yes. Is the most dangerous place this side of the world?? Hell no.

I've lived in Rio all my life. When I was 15 two different guys tryied to mug me on the same year. They didn't take anything from me, as I was going jogging and wasn't carrying money with me. That was it.

But have I heard of nasty things going on? Of course. Big cities are dangerous, Brazil or elsewhere.

Learning how to cope with crime is a skill for global travellers.

"Brazil is no Iraq"

Well it depends what you mean.
In 2010 Brazil recorded over 40,000 Homicides.That is off the charts violent in my opinion.
But they argue it's all within Favelas.
Purely on murder rate Brazil is one of the world leaders and over the last few years I'm guessing makes Iraq seem like Disney .

I like Brazil and hope to go back but that murder rate should not be part of a normal society.
It's a civil war rate of death.

But Brazil has it's compensations,as I'm sure you'll find out.
If you want cheaper head to the North East ,maybe Ceara state,Fortaleza quite a bit cheaper than the Southern main cities,fantastic beaches,and although it's not the hotspot for chicks it's Brazil so there'll be goodlooking girls..head to the shopping malls and try to keep your jaw off the floor.

As for the numbers,see for yourself,Central and South America distinguish themselves:

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co...rate#2010s

South America

Quote: (10-15-2011 11:29 AM)Pilgrim37 Wrote:  

In 2010 Brazil recorded over 40,000 Homicides.

Humm....that's almost as much as D.C., and Brooklyn, NY recorded last month. [Image: lol.gif]

Mixx

South America

Indeed, you need to follow up on you're opening comments about Ukraine.

Regarding SA, there are so many different opinions about the place that its hard to know where to start.

I'd stick with observations of those who have actually lived there, and work your way down from there. I lived in Argentina for 4 years and loved it. Not a place for the "one-week-wonders" who hope to jump off the plane and into a model's arms, but if you've got your shit together you can do a lot of damage there and for me Buenos Aires is up there with Sao Paulo as a world class city. I also lived in Santiago, Chile and loved it. Plenty of hot women, cool city, good food/wine and good people. Few gringo sex tourists. Somewhat expensive now though.

I love Brasil, but you better bring lots of coin, because its stupid expensive now, unless you head to the regional cities. I'd pass on Florip and head to Curitiba or Porto Alegre, but that's just my preference for the Euro'bloodlines. I'd meet a hot woman there and then take her to the beach in Florip.

I've had my fill of Colombia. Gringo amateur hour. Plus, the people are conservative - I don't do conservative.

Peru is a shithole. So is Venezuela. A pity, as Peru has the best food in the region.

South America

Consider Uruguay. Off the gringo trail. A stretch to call it an "undiscovered gem", but worth consideration.

South America

Lost Gringo,

You said you lived in Chile, can you break down Santiago a little bit? Ease of slaying the women? Nightlife spots, etc..

Also, what's your take on Uruguay? I've spent some time in Argentina and wasn't impressed by Uruguay at all. It seemed like a nice place to retire, but insular and conservative (the same way you described colombia), not a place for a short term visitor to bang hot women.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

South America

Quote: (10-15-2011 07:12 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

You said you lived in Chile, can you break down Santiago a little bit? Ease of slaying the women? Nightlife spots, etc..

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-3918.html

Short version:
Ease of slaying the women: Easier than Argentina, harder than Brazil. One-night stands are possible but good Spanish is highly recommended since not many people speak English. The Chilean accent is nasty so you may find them hard to understand.
Nightlife spots: Bars are all sit-down. Go to clubs in Bellavista, Las Condes, and Vitacura.
Etc: I hope you like hot dogs and mayonaisse. Also, the city is definitely getting more expensive. The love motel was 22 luka ($45) on a Friday night last July. Fucking ripoff.

South America

Thanks for the info. I'm heading there end of year and I'm not fond of hot dogs or mayo.
Is it more expensive then brasil is for americans? I was there a few months ago when the real was almost approaching 1/1.5.
Are you currently living in chile?

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

South America

Quote: (10-15-2011 07:53 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Is it more expensive then brasil is for americans? With the real almost approaching 1/1.5.
Are you currently living in chile?

Brazil is more expensive. I burned through way more cash in Rio and even Salvador than I do in Santiago.

I'm not living in Chile right now. I've spent about 7 months there spread out over 3 years. The last time I was there was July/August of this year.

South America

Quote: (10-15-2011 04:45 PM)LostGringo Wrote:  

Consider Uruguay. Off the gringo trail. A stretch to call it an "undiscovered gem", but worth consideration.

I wouldnt recommend it, i've just been there a few weeks ago. It was boring as fuck even in the weekend.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

South America

Quote: (10-15-2011 07:38 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

Quote: (10-15-2011 07:12 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-3918.html

Short version:
Ease of slaying the women: Easier than Argentina, harder than Brazil. One-night stands are possible but good Spanish is highly recommended since not many people speak English. The Chilean accent is nasty so you may find them hard to understand.
Nightlife spots: Bars are all sit-down. Go to clubs in Bellavista, Las Condes, and Vitacura.
Etc: I hope you like hot dogs and mayonaisse. Also, the city is definitely getting more expensive. The love motel was 22 luka ($45) on a Friday night last July. Fucking ripoff.

For me Chile was a lot easier to bang girls than Brazil so far. i banged two beautiful girls in Chile. In Brazil i've been going out like crazy for the last two weeks but no bang so far.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.