rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How did you take your daygame to the next level?

How did you take your daygame to the next level?

I came across the below post recently. It really resonated with me as i feel it's precisely where my game is at.

Quote:unbowed Wrote:

The maxim, 'younger, hotter, tighter' is a good heuristic to go by. Daygame specifically is based on charisma channeled in the moment by exuding your personality with an optimal look. If you're a good looking guy, say an 8, and you're regularly banging 6-7s, you're not really using game, but leveraging your looks.

I wanted to know people's thoughts on how one can take their daygame to the next level and, over time, be able to measure the difference in their success objectively. Maybe you can share some of things you did that really helped tighten your game.

The kind of feedback i am looking for is not specific stuff that you did during your set (ie. 'i started making better eye contact / spoke slower / approached only 1-sets), but rather how you went about changing your game, as a whole, and improving your outcomes (ie. i sought outside help, got coaching, recorded my sets etc)

Ive thought about 1:1 coaching but not sure how worthwhile it would be given the sheer cost. I also feel it could be a little overkill for me as I already consider myself somewhere between intermediate and advanced, yet i know there's room to improve so not sure how to reconcile that one. Setting aside modesty for now, I'm an 8 and i'm having success with 6/7/8's, which means im probably not using too much game, but rather leveraging what i already have.

In order to improve, here are some of the ideas ive come up with:
  • Tape my sets with good audio equipment and have a mate/wing film me, then have different people watch it and critique me.
  • Find a wing better than me (not sure how i go about this), have him observe me for an hour or two, then have him critique me.
  • Bite the bullet and spend $$$ on some 1:1 coaching.
For a wing / coach / mentor, i would ideally like someone more experienced than me, ie. someone who achieves better outcomes / results than myself (relatively speaking), who can say:
  • 'yes, you've got game, keep doing what you're doing, you were being over critical'
  • 'no, its not really game because you're pulling birds below your level'
  • 'you need to do more of this, less of this, try this, and stop doing that'
Can anyone, maybe who's gone through/going through a similar journey, offer any suggestions or point me in the right direction?

Maybe someone can recommend a great daygamer on the forum who is europe-based. I will be in europe from July 1 to Sept 15 working and travelling, but i'll be pretty mobile and flexible during this time.

Thanks fellas!