rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why do you smoke?

Why do you smoke?

I'm just curious why some of you guys here advocate smoking, G? maybe I missed a new study that proved smoking is good for you.

Why do you smoke?

It is a social tool, a prop, an excuse and it looks cool.

Why do you smoke?

It's a delicious treat.

Why do you smoke?

I can tell you why I've considered it:

A) Weight loss, I've never heard it substantiated scientifically but most people I know lose weight when they started smoking (or gained when they stopped)

B) Social Prybar, I go out alone a lot and if I'm in a new bar there's usually a lot of time spent being "that one guy no one knows" and if you're just sitting it looks bad, if you go outside your just standing, looks worse, go outside to smoke, well now your just like everyone else. Smokers seem to have unwritten social contracts too, at least it looks that way from an outsiders view

C) Stress, currently very stressed with work, money, money, and money, oh and money. I'm still a game noob so getting pussy off the cuff to ease my nerves isn't an option, and usually trying to get pussy can lead to more stress.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Why do you smoke?

You're talking about cigarettes, right?

I don't smoke cigarettes.

Cigars, on the other hand...

[Image: smile.gif]

Why do you smoke?

A lot of my anxieties have gone away since I started smoking. Smoking puts me in a social mood, and yeah, it looks cool.

I try not to smoke too many squares; I go through a pack to two a week. I can get them for free so the only real problem with them right now are the health effects. I drink green tea sometimes and I do workout so I think I can get away with it for a while.

Why do you smoke?

Don't smoke nicotine because of stress, it doesn't really help other than being a psychological crutch. A friend of mine back in his more squarer days says he really regrets starting smoking, since he started it as a stress reliever and it wasn't illegal like weed. It didn't help with the stress. When he started smoking weed it did help. He wished he just went to weed first and skipped nicotine. Smoke weed instead, at least it's easier to walk away from after your done with it.

I know plenty of overweight/fat chicks who smoke, so it doesn't help you really loose weight more than walking/biking 20/30 minutes a day does.

For some girls, smoking is like having bad breath, it will push away some of them, and pull in others. Just twiddle on your iPhone, it's the new smoking [Image: tongue.gif]

Why do you smoke?

I smoke because I want to promote lung cancer, cause irreversible changes to my body- lose elasticity in my lungs, create free radicals in my body, and because I like it when my teeth get stained yellow.

Why do you smoke?

Quote: (10-15-2011 01:57 PM)travolta Wrote:  

I smoke because I want to promote lung cancer, cause irreversible changes to my body- lose elasticity in my lungs, create free radicals in my body, and because I like it when my teeth get stained yellow.

Does it help you get laid more?

Why do you smoke?

Quote: (10-15-2011 02:00 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Quote: (10-15-2011 01:57 PM)travolta Wrote:  

Does it help you get laid more?

The healthier I am, the better I feel (mentally & physically). The better I feel, the more motivation I have. The more motivation I have, the better I fuck.

Why do you smoke?

because its addiciting. the niccotine has a hold on me

Why do you smoke?

I got some friends that smoke and i ask them all the time why the hell do you smoke.

Why do you smoke?

"Why do you smoke?"

I have written about this for about 5 years.

But really it comes down to the fact that I have never met an interesting non-smoker.

Why do you smoke?

Quote: (10-17-2011 09:16 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"Why do you smoke?"

But really it comes down to the fact that I have never met an interesting non-smoker.

Define interesting.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Why do you smoke?

I have never smoked and never will in a billion years. I find it gross, irrespectful for both those who don't smoke and above all for those who smoke a lack of respect towards themselves. And I have yet to meet any interesting smoker to be honest. I still have yet to find one positive as to why I should smoke. I don't need to destroy my body to look cool or to help me swoop grils. De facto, I don't even approach girls who smoke as I love kissing and kissing a girl who smokes takes away all the fun and makes it even disgusting. If I were in power, I'd make smoking totally banned everywhere. One of the few things that North America got right over elsewhere in the world is that they're making it non smokers friendly pretty much everywhere.

Why do you smoke?

"And I have yet to meet any interesting smoker to be honest."

Don't read, listen to music, or look at art much do you?

90% (I am being generous to your point here, its probably more like 99%) of the greatest in each category throughout history were smokers.

The best athletes were also smokers. http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2007/06/gre...e-one.html

Let's not forget to mention outlaws.

Hell, even the greatest politicians were.

And the best Actors. (Although they are not too interesting to me).

Do your research and come back to me.

"If I were in power, I'd make smoking totally banned everywhere."

Lighten up, before something gets taken away from you that you care about. Adolf Hitler was the godfather of the "no smoking" movement. Not good company to be in.

I find it interesting that someone on a forum like this would have such an Anti-Personal Freedom stance.

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

Quote: (10-17-2011 09:17 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (10-17-2011 09:16 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"Why do you smoke?"

Define interesting.

adj.
Arousing or holding the attention; absorbing.

adj
inspiring interest; absorbing

Why do you smoke?

Apparantly I smoke cause Im interesting. And dont wanna be like Hitler.

Why do you smoke?

So far everyone is just throwing out fluff as to why they or someone should smoke.

"It looks cool"

Or smoking because "X" person did it

The only legitimate reason I have seen in this thread is that it reduces stress.

But is this even a legitimate reason? There is other ways to relieve stress. And half of stress is MENTAL. Something than can be controlled and manipulated.

Atleast with drinking I admit I only do it to be social and "fit" in. Which is a soft bitch mentality imo that I need to fix.

Why do you smoke?

Quote: (10-13-2011 04:18 PM)OldRich Wrote:  

I'm just curious why some of you guys here advocate smoking, G? maybe I missed a new study that proved smoking is good for you.

They advocate smoking solely because they are smokers and wish to rationalize, and create social proof for, their habit.

Taking up smoking actually increases stress and levels of anxiety.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...ctors.html

Why do you smoke?

Some respectable reasons for smoking might include...

Enjoy the taste and smell

Makes me feel "good"

Now will I believe someone that says the first one? No

Why do you smoke?

Quote:Quote:

90% (I am being generous to your point here, its probably more like 99%) of the greatest in each category throughout history were smokers.

Lighten up, before something gets taken away from you that you care about. Adolf Hitler was the godfather of the "no smoking" movement. Not good company to be in.

Easily the dumbest thing I have read all week.

Why do you smoke?

Quote: (10-17-2011 10:40 PM)DLuzhin Wrote:  

Easily the dumbest thing I have read all week.

Read up on the subject and educate yourself before throwing out cowardly insults.

You will realize how "dumb" you are.

I took a look at some your posts to see if you have contributed anything of value to the forum, since I have no idea who you are.

My advice: stick to online dating.

Why do you smoke?

From Psychology Today: Why Intelligent People Smoke More Cigarettes

It would be foolish to argue that smoking is good for you, but looking back at the people I've met in my life, the most boring and dullest were non-smokers in the majority. Maybe something to do with going against the grain and saying no to mom sparks creativity and non-linear thinking?

If everybody listened to their mom than nobody would smoke, and probably communism would flourish also.

Let the smokers be.

(Don't bring up second hand smoke health issues unless you are forced to work as a host/hostess at a Korean karaoke bar)

Why do you smoke?

Meh, I don't know why everyone is getting so worked up over this smoking issue. If you like smoking cool, if not it's not a big deal.

I like smoking lot's of high grade cannabis, I can list a bunch of positive aspects from that. However, I think there are realistically very few benefits from smoking cigarettes except for the social aspects that G so often likes to point out.

I smoked ciggs for a minute back in high school to be social, but when kids tried to talk shit, because I "wasn't inhaling the smoke and holding it in" long enough, I realized that it wasn't worth trying to "fit in".

Occasionally I'll have a cigarette when I'm drunk, especially if I'm chilling with a cute chicks and she smokes. In that case I bend my rules a little bit, because the positives might out weigh the negatives.

In the end however, logic takes over:

Doesn't get you high,

Stains your teeth,

Lung/throat cancer?,

Expensive,

Addictive,

Makes your clothes, house, car, breath smell bad,

Been proven to increase the aging process....

Second hand smoke is a concern and I feel smoking should be banned in restaurants, however I think it's fair that bars and clubs have a smoking area, as long as it's relatively seperated from the rest of the place.

Why do you smoke?

I'm a non-smoker, I do indulge in the occasional celebratory cigar (good stuff that I do enjoy) and at times when drunk or offererd by a cute girl I smoke a cig. I've never touched illegal drugs (though spent several years hanging out with dealers and users), my buzz of choice comes from a bottle.
Having said that, I absolutely understand why people smoke. Aside from the addictive nature, it is a social thing. When I go out I often carry a lighter just for the ability to strike up a conversation. Many friends are smokers and I often follow them to smoking rooms or outside while they light up, because otherwise I'm missing out. I miss out on smoke breaks at work.
Think about it, why do you drink? To be more social, to relax. The same basic reasons people smoke. Drinking alcohol to excess is not healthy for you either, dont get high and mighty just because you don't smoke.

'I blew most of my money on fast cars, booze and women. The rest I squandered' - George Best