rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Doris Day is Dead

Doris Day is Dead

Another American icon, a legend from Hollywood’s Golden Era, has just passed away. Doris Day, an American actress famous for the movies "Pillow Talk" (1959), "The Man Who Knew Too Much" (1956), "Love Me Or Leave Me" (1955), "Calamity Jane" (1953), "Lover Come Back" (1961), "The Pajama Game" (1957), "Young At Heart" (1954), "The Thrill Of It All" (1963), and many others, has died, according to her foundation.

What happened to you, America? Your ass used to be beautiful!

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

Doris Day is Dead

She had a #4 hit in 1952 with Oscar Brand's bawdy "A Guy Is A Guy." It has a "boys will be boys"-type lyric where she DOES NOT GIVE CONSENT for him to follow her home or kiss her without asking. OMG! Today's feminists would have seizures if they heard it. R.I.P. Doris and thanks for this one!

A Guy Is A Guy

I walked down the street like a good girl should
He followed me down the street like I knew he would
Because a guy is a guy wherever he may be
So listen and I'll tell you what this fella did to me

I walked to my house like a good girl should
He followed me to my house like I knew he would
So listen while I tell you what this fella did to me

I never saw the boy before
So nothin' could be sillier
At closer range his face was strange
But his manner was familiar

So I walked up the stairs like a good girl should
He followed me up the stairs like I knew he would
So listen and I'll tell you what this fella did to me

I stepped to my door like a good girl should
He stopped at my door like I knew he would
So listen while I tell you what this fella did to me
He asked me for a good-night kiss
I said, "It's still good day"
I would have told him more except
His lips got in the way

So I talked to my ma like a good girl should
And Ma talked to Pa like I knew she would
And they all agreed on a married life for me
The guy is my guy wherever he may be

So I walked down the isle like a good girl should
He followed me down the aisle like I knew he would
And now you've heard the story of what someone did to me

And that's what he did to me

Doris Day is Dead

never heard of her, but from the above post it seems she was for traditional masculinity/femininity

expecting some dumb twitter story like 'Doris Day's death sparks a discussion about whether her music promoted rape culture'

Doris Day is Dead

Listen to that song and then contemplate instagram thots and soy-face. Oh, how times have changed.

Doris Day is Dead

Quote: (05-13-2019 10:25 AM)Rorogue Wrote:  

never heard of her.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png]

Doris Day is Dead

On one hand, it wasn't terribly surprising. On the other hand, we don't have anything remotely elegant as this anymore, so it's a sad reminder of days gone by:

Doris Day is Dead

Surprising she lived so long considering all those kissing scenes with Rock Hudson

Doris Day is Dead

Of more interest I have found is her son Terry Melcher, 60's producer who had interest in signing Charles Manson but then declined... and the rest is history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Melc...son_family

Quote:Quote:

In 1968, Beach Boy Dennis Wilson introduced Melcher to ex-con and aspiring musician Charles Manson. Manson and his "family" had been living in Wilson's house at 14400 Sunset Boulevard after Wilson had picked up hitchhiking Manson family members Patricia Krenwinkel and Ella Jo Bailey. Wilson expressed interest in Manson's music and also recorded two[citation needed] of Manson's songs with the Beach Boys.

For a time, Melcher was interested in recording Manson's music, as well as making a film about the family and their hippie commune existence. Manson met Melcher at 10050 Cielo Drive, the home Melcher shared with his girlfriend, actress Candice Bergen, and with musician Mark Lindsay.[5]

Manson eventually auditioned for Melcher, but Melcher declined to sign him. There was still talk of a documentary being made about Manson's music, but Melcher abandoned the project after witnessing his subject become embroiled in a fight with a drunken stuntman at Spahn Ranch.[1] Both Wilson and Melcher severed their ties with Manson, a move that angered Manson.[6] Not long after that, Melcher and Bergen moved out of the Cielo Drive home. The house's owner, Rudi Altobelli, then leased it to film director Roman Polanski and his wife, actress Sharon Tate. Manson was reported to have visited the house on more than one occasion asking for Melcher, but was told that Melcher had moved.[1]

On August 9, 1969, the house was the site of the murders of Tate (who was eight months pregnant at the time), coffee heiress Abigail Folger, hairdresser Jay Sebring, writer Wojciech Frykowski and Steven Parent by members of Manson's "family". Some authors and law enforcement personnel have theorized that the Cielo Drive house was targeted by Manson as revenge for Melcher's rejection and that Manson was unaware that he and Bergen had moved out. However, family member Charles "Tex" Watson stated that Manson and company did, in fact, know that Melcher was no longer living there,[7] and Terry's former roommate, Mark Lindsay, stated:

Quote:Quote:

Everybody speculated that Manson sent his minions up there to get rid of Terry because he was angry about not getting a record deal. But Terry and I talked about it later and Terry said Manson knew (Melcher had moved) because Manson or someone from his organization left a note on Terry's porch in Malibu.[5]

At that time, Melcher was producing singer Jimmy Boyd's music for A&M Records. After initial tracks were recorded, the Manson murders took place, prompting Melcher to go into seclusion, and the session was never completed. When Manson was arrested, it was widely reported that he had sent his followers to the house to kill Melcher and Bergen. Manson family member Susan Atkins, who admitted her part in the murders, stated to police and before a grand jury that the house was chosen as the scene for the murders "to instill fear into Terry Melcher because Terry had given us his word on a few things and never came through with them".[1] Melcher took to employing a bodyguard and told Manson prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi that his fear was so great, he had been undergoing psychiatric treatment. Melcher was the most frightened of the witnesses at the trial, even though Bugliosi assured him that "Manson knew you were no longer living (on Cielo Drive)".