rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Considering extended stay in Thailand for lifting

Okay guys, I just spent considerable time with the search function and didn't find anything that fits what I'm looking for. Here's the deal:

I'd like to take three-four months somewhere in Thailand, with the goals of:
  • Hitting the gym most days
  • Being close enough to the water to snorkel/swim regularly
  • Have my own small flat so I can cook my own food
  • Be in a safe enough area of town that I can walk around freely
I'm not expecting someone to know an exact town/crossroads for me, just some more general advice on areas. Or, if by chance someone has a good tip on a gym that's open to foreigners doing weight training, that'd be awesome.

I'd be out and about in the evenings looking for some fun, as well. I'd think a beach town would have a decent bar scene, at least.

Thoughts? Advice? Criticisms? All's welcome, thanks in advance

If you’re going to party there then do it when you first arrive to get it out of your system, then focus on your fitness goals. I made the mistake of training first, I did pretty well for about six weeks but then started partying and never got back to the gym with the same amount of focus. I recommend Phuket because it has a lot of gyms and a good fitness scene although there’s a lot of temptation because its whore/party central. Chiang Mai is another good option but it’s not near the sea, it’s way more chill but could get boring, which may be a good thing since you’ll be less tempted to party. Either way, Thailand is a great place to get into shape, there’s lots of options.

Koh Samui, Phuket and Pattaya (but you will be snorkelling in sewage in the last one)

Depends on your fitness goals. If it is bodybuilding goals, then handsdown Muscle Factory in Bangkok. It is the best gym in the world. They have everything. From fresh healthy high protein meals with nutrition info on it to tons of gym equipment and heavy dumbbell weights to real personal trainers. The gym rules are great too. You can scream like a gorilla to push out those last reps if you need to. If you want to drop the weights(assuming nobody is near) you can do that so you dont risk injury by placing them down softly if you are lifting heavy. And if you dont re-rack your weights, they will kick you out. They monitor this too. It is great. But you wont be near the water in bangkok.