rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Going to change my situation

Hey guys whats up, hwrec here.

I've been a lurker here for about a year and a half now, and have read Bang and am currently reading Game. I definitely haven't worked on putting into practice what I've read however, (my game to this point has involved getting wasted and approaching) and I'm really going to try and make a change.

A bit about myself now. I'm 22, 5'11, Indian (born in the states), in decent shape, a senior at a big state school in the Northeast US and going to graduate in a couple of weeks. I have a good social circle, go out to the bars here a good amount, just not really friends with a whole lot of girls, and the ones I am friends with don't really seem to have cute friends themselves (I'm in STEM). I had a girlfriend for two years in high school and had sex with her and hooked up with a chick for a couple of weeks freshman year , but nothing but some makeouts since then, although I have gotten a girl into bed with me who showed resistance and I didn't push further(didn't know any better) and obviously the attraction faded away. I don't find any trouble meeting strangers and carrying conversations with them, and can hold conversations with just about anyone. Its just creating attraction I feel is my issue. My approach anxiety really depends on my mood (and how drunk I am), but isn't really an issue.

I definitely spent a lot of my time working in college and got into a great grad school for my field as a result in the midwest which I'm going to start attending this coming fall so I wasn't as socially involved with girls as I could have been. Don't know if I regret this yet or not. I'm just trying to get better with my approaches and will strictly follow the Roosh Program. I feel like everything in my life is going well(social life, career, family) except my success with women and I really want to change this. I'm going to be back home this summer (big northeastern city) and will go out at least once a weekend as well as day game. I'm going to update this thread with my approaches every week or so, and would appreciate some feedback from you all.

Thanks guys.

Don't rely on alcohol for approaching, it's a crutch and only desirable in specific situations.

1-You didn't waste anything. The knowledge you acquired in the school you will make your work life easier. I can do the same work in less time compared to my colleagues due to my knowledge. This saves you time. You can put this time into the game .
2- Have a deep honest look at yourself and make assessment of your inner game and external game .
My inner game has not matched my SMV yet.
Then practice, practice .
3- You have to remember there is a lot go BS in the forum and the whole industry as whole. Also, remember most of those stuff are bro science . Have mind of your own and think for yourself . There some solid advices , no doubt .

Quote: (04-17-2019 11:48 PM)hwrec Wrote:  

Hey guys whats up, hwrec here.

I've been a lurker here for about a year and a half now, and have read Bang and am currently reading Game. I definitely haven't worked on putting into practice what I've read however, (my game to this point has involved getting wasted and approaching) and I'm really going to try and make a change.

A bit about myself now. I'm 22, 5'11, Indian (born in the states), in decent shape, a senior at a big state school in the Northeast US and going to graduate in a couple of weeks. I have a good social circle, go out to the bars here a good amount, just not really friends with a whole lot of girls, and the ones I am friends with don't really seem to have cute friends themselves (I'm in STEM). I had a girlfriend for two years in high school and had sex with her and hooked up with a chick for a couple of weeks freshman year , but nothing but some makeouts since then, although I have gotten a girl into bed with me who showed resistance and I didn't push further(didn't know any better) and obviously the attraction faded away. I don't find any trouble meeting strangers and carrying conversations with them, and can hold conversations with just about anyone. Its just creating attraction I feel is my issue. My approach anxiety really depends on my mood (and how drunk I am), but isn't really an issue.

I definitely spent a lot of my time working in college and got into a great grad school for my field as a result in the midwest which I'm going to start attending this coming fall so I wasn't as socially involved with girls as I could have been. Don't know if I regret this yet or not. I'm just trying to get better with my approaches and will strictly follow the Roosh Program. I feel like everything in my life is going well(social life, career, family) except my success with women and I really want to change this. I'm going to be back home this summer (big northeastern city) and will go out at least once a weekend as well as day game. I'm going to update this thread with my approaches every week or so, and would appreciate some feedback from you all.

Thanks guys.

I am new to the game, sort of like you, but older. You are in a good place. Be thankful you have found this when you did.

I would tell you to read the Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi. When you are done, read it again. I am a Christian, and for me, The Rational Male is the most important book I have ever read outside of the The Bible. If I was king, I would make it mandatory reading for young men.

Just my 0.02.

Mr. 225

Here are some good things to contemplate on: you can change your world by changing your words and calling things that are not, as thou they were. There are opposite ends of spectrum on these two ideas, but if you stay in the middle and meditate on these two ideas...your life greatly will change.

Words have power, they paint pictures. And one of the very most important things that you can do is have an honest and healthy image of yourself. When you have a good self image, you cultivate a sense of self worth. It shows in everything that you do. And one of the best ways to do this is to speak with your mouth. You have to say it and mean it.

The other subject I mentioned is calling things that are not, as though they were. And this ties into changing your world, by changing your mouth. When you set your mind to something and say that you will have it. You normally will. And this works in both good things and bad. For instance; you say you always have bad luck. You never get any good breaks. Nothing ever works out. There is just no hope for you. Guess what? Your mouth just spoke your destiny. But when you start flipping the script, when you start realizing that there is more than one possibility or outcome. You will have what you say!

I will use my ownself as an example. I had alot of things happen to me. I listened to people tell me that I was a bad person. I had these things happen to me. I got fat. I got bitter. I had no hope. But then I started to wake up. I saw other people change their situations. I started reading things. Listening to speaches and seminars on youtube. I decided that I would get out of the hole I dug for myself. I might fall back in it, trying to get out. But I was going to do it. I learned to call the things that are not, as though they were.

I told myself that I have the ability to change my life. My health is coming back. I will have a good attitude. I will learn to not be the person I was. I have possibilities. I have good breaks and good things happen to me. I was given the ability to get out of almost any situation I had gotten myself into. I was in a pit, but I am getting out.

And you can do the same things. Change your words and you will change your world. Call your destiny, everything that you ever wanted to do or become. And it will come to you. But you have to want it. Meditate on it, day and night. Have patience. Do not give up. Seek it and it will come.