rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Life lessons - What would you change if you could go back?

You wake up tomorrow morning and it's your 18th birthday. This fella is sitting at the end of the bed, explaining that you've leaped back in time and over the next hour will have the recollections of your adult life slowly erased until you're back to what you knew at 18.

You have one hour to compile a few digestible life lessons, before it all fades and you're back to being the idiot you were at 18. What do you put?

[Image: tumblr_m6wi69fRzX1rpd22bo2_500.gif]

FAR Less partying in your twenties and set up a business or two and learn from your mistakes.
DON'T go back to college - unless you have to i.e. medicine - otherwise waste of time and money.
Start investing now.
Chase more women and don't be scared of rejection.
Travel more and live in different places.
Start learning other language(s) now - in fact keep on learning as much as possible. You don't stop learning at 18/when you finish college.
Start lifting seriously and even more importantly stretching.

I would repeat everything with the exception of a few things.

I would have utilized the social circles I had at the time to get laid. I would have paid better attention to female interest in me.

I also would have redpilled myself at 18 rather than having it happen when I was closer to 20.

I would have moderated drink and so on, and would have used it to help get lays. Maybe would be a bit better disciplined about money too.

But apart from that I accomplished everything I wanted.

One other thing is I would have started to listen to older guys who could be mentors for me, and follow their advise.

This is a terrible question and here's why: It's mental masturbation. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Learn from your mistakes and move on. One cannot change the past, but one can make steps to change oneself now.

Quote: (04-07-2019 12:42 PM)croquet Wrote:  

This is a terrible question and here's why: It's mental masturbation. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Learn from your mistakes and move on. One cannot change the past, but one can make steps to change oneself now.

Maybe. But it is a fundamentally good thing to look for areas where you fell short, and learn from those mistakes.

One common theme I find in the manosphere is the need to wake up from the trance, a la, the Matrix. It is important to be cognizant of how blind we were, really.

I agree that you should not spend excessive time on it. Paralysis by analysis is real.

Retrospection in moderation is no bad thing. Ultimately if you're not learning lessons in life, what are you doing? And most life lessons are learnt through making mistakes.

Quote: (04-07-2019 12:42 PM)croquet Wrote:  

Some of the younger people that lurk can use this advice so not really.

Biggest one for me is don't go to college. No finance, no sociology, no history, and especially not business. If you truly want to learn business fail multiple times and pick yourself up. Get educated by watching free Youtube videos, Khan Academy, Coursera, maybe even spend on some Udemy courses. I'd even argue going to coding bootcamp is a rip because you're expecting to be spoon fed information instead of sitting down and putting in the elbow grease.

Anyone advocating for college aside from IT/tech, medical, and other hard sciences is either stupid or out of touch with reality.

Quote: (09-21-2018 09:31 AM)kosko Wrote:  
For the folks who stay ignorant and hating and not improving their situation during these Trump years, it will be bleak and cold once the good times stop.

At 35, there would be some things I would do.

- Just talk to faculty in high school about what had gone on the last month
- Stay away from people who don't like me
- Find a different part-time job
- If I go to a weird college in one semester, I would not come back
- Date more often than once in a while
- Better nutrition planning
- Save on money

Also 35 and would change the following:

- Take multiple cooking classes in my 20's . I would have saved so much money and cooking is a talent that you'll always use.

- Study abroad in college. For some reason I thought I would miss something in my college town for a semester when I could have been exploring the world.

- Start lifting more in my 20's for a more healthy and positive outlook.

- Begin to travel solo much earlier. My first solo trip to Japan was in 2013 and I was 30. Never wait for your friends to travel the world. Life is way too short and I could have experienced more in my 20's...

-Go to college locally so you'll keep more of your friends when you graduate
-Don't take your friendships seriously. They won't last.
-Dump your girlfriend, you guys will never make it and shes not worth it.
-Sales is the only way for you to financially get ahead in this world. Stay far away from any B2C or small business advertising shit. Major in tech and do whatever it takes to get a position at a top tech company when you graduate
-Get a summer house on the Jersey shore, every summer
-Take your social media presence seriously. It's the future of friendships and dating.
-Live with roommates. It will save you money and you'll meet way more friends
-Don't listen to investing advice from doomsdayers
-Your father is and always will be an idiot. Steer clear of him or anyone associated with him.

Quote: (04-07-2019 04:42 PM)Graft Wrote:  

-Sales is the only way for you to financially get ahead in this world. Stay far away from any B2C or small business advertising shit. Major in tech and do whatever it takes to get a position at a top tech company when you graduate

Could you expand on this?

Quote: (04-07-2019 06:34 PM)Ouroboros Wrote:  

Quote: (04-07-2019 04:42 PM)Graft Wrote:  

Could you expand on this?

B2C: Business to consumer. Life/car insurance, personal banking, door to door, etc
Small business advertising: Yelp type ad services.

I would have to go back a few more years than age 18 to make it really worth it:

1. The fact you at age 16 look 12 is not normal. Get growth hormones. Don't listen to your Dad that you don't need the treatment. Your genetics say you should be 6'+ in height.. You will find this out later as an adult via medical tests... by then though, it will be too late.

2. Stand up to your parents and stop with the forced sports and music lessons. You hate both and its a total waste of time. Take the punishment that will be inflicted upon you. Instead, sign up for training that will enhance your well above average mechanical aptitude and spatial reasoning: Welding / metalwork, HVAC, etc. Your Dad is being a total fuckhead by repeatedly talking you out of it. Save your money from your summer job to buy your own equipment. Play around with it to enhance your skills. Ignore your Dad when he criticizes you constantly for doing so. These skills are going to be very useful to you after you get your engineering degree. College will ill prepare you for the real working world. You need to get other skills on your own.

3. Don't White-Knight. Everything you have been taught as a kid about women is wrong. Doing the opposite of your indoctrination will save you from some terrible relationships you will have in your early 20s.

22 here. Would start investing my money right when I turned 18, take university more seriously, start weightlifting aggressively and in an organized manner. Done more extra curricular activities at university to get more involved and meet people etc

Worry less about having a girlfriend and more about spending time with my father and brother.

Avoid debt.

Invest all the money I can afford into Apple, Amazon, Google, Facebook, and Boeing.

Buy a stack of bitcoins as soon as I can.

Write down all the superbowl winnings from 2005 - 2019 and bet on the winners.

Bet on Trump winning 2016 as early as possible when the risk is highest.

Buy real estate in Denver ASAP.

Forget about your loopy dreams of being a scientist. Even if you kiss academic ass all the way to the top, the pay sucks and colleges have all the damn professors they need. Get a degree in a field where you can create your own business because you will hate sucking corporate cock if you dont. Find some friends in the same field to do this with. Make sure one or more is a decent woman you can marry and have kids with. She should also like sex but not be a slut. Then you can pass the business on to your children. Raise those kids right because they are your future. And quit looking for inner meanings in Genesis albums, it's just a band for Christs sake!

-Finish and get that Bachelors degree from (insert school here) as soon as you can and get out there in get job experience in the real world.

-You are doing a fantastic job learning game but don’t let it get in the way of your studies and making money.

-(big) when you do come into money invest it into creating business that makes money for you instead of wasting it!

-always be on the lookout for new business opportunities especially in tech and social media. I had major opportunities, got in early and a interesting life to be captivating on YouTube and Instagram and wrote them off. Somehow I didn’t gave the foresight it would make so many people wealthy.

Now I am making money on the gram but am playing catch-up in a saturated market where attention is expensive and in short supply.

Now anytime something new launches in tech I’m always quick to download it and see if it’s able to be monetized now or in the future.

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille

Not major in biology

Don´t settle with being just above average with everything. Pursue excellence.

"Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."

We had this topic already [Image: sad.gif]

thread-5942.html

1. Don’t go to college, get that USCG captains license instead
2. Don’t marry that redhead
3. Don’t fight wars in foreign lands for corporations.
4. The money you spend on your Mustang can make you rich in 20 years if you save it.
5. Spend more time with Grandpa while you still can.

It depends on your temperment. I should have stuck with the army rather than going to law school. YMMV.

OTOH, I have indulged in travel and experience rather than finances, and I don't regret that choice.

I would have been a little more relaxed, and a little more patient. I was putting in the work, and avoiding all the ruinous stuff. I stuck with it all anyway, and am exactly where I hoped to be at this point - better really even with high hopes - but I could have just relaxed and trusted in the process a little more.

Things come together quite quickly when it starts to happen for you, and all that time spent in preparation seems like the blink of an eye, and a small price to pay. Relax, be patient, and trust in the process. That would be my advice to my younger self.

I would have chased more girls, because at the age of 18 I didn't know I was cursed with fucked up genetics that would cause balding at the age of 20.

Getting bald at a young age is a death sentence.

Start maxing out the Roth IRA at 18. It's only 5K a year and is the best, safest way to ensure you're going to have "forever" money without seriously cutting into your lifestyle. This is one investment that your later self will forever thank you for, and involves minimal speculation (we could have never known bitcoin was going to explode, but a target date Roth is always going to grow).

You don't love any of these hoes. Not one of them. There's a world of better foreign women outside the country.

Try to sleep with more girls in college, you'll miss a big opportunity there if you don't take it seriously and get after it. Become game aware earlier.

Don't wait until after college to lift and diet seriously.

Take no bullshit from any women, listen to your gut if it says she's a bad one. Internalize the red pill. Be more self centered.