rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any experience with CBD?

Any experience with CBD?

Any forum members tried CBD supplements? I mean the ones you can just take orally. Was wondering if it was just some gimmick fad, or actually helps sleep, anxiety etc.

Any experience with CBD?

I'd say helped slightly with pain...personally the biggest thing I noticed was laser focus. I'm maybe a bit ADHD but the isolate pills made me just destroy errands/projects I've had built up in forever.

I didn't even know this was one of the benefits but I noticed a big change!

Any experience with CBD?

I'm a huge fan of cannabis in general, although I haven't done much with CBD specifically. But I do have a funny story about it:

My uncle contracted polio as a kid, and the left side of his upper body is essentially crippled. About five years ago I noticed him acting much more chipper at family dinners, cracking jokes and teasing his siblings rather than getting drawn into protracted political arguments and the like.

So I ask him what changed, and he tells me he started smoking pot after his wife divorced him (a friend had noticed his depression and dropped a few joints off at his house). It seems the ganja had helped tremendously with his chronic pain and other symptoms, and he had been toking up after work pretty much every day.

(I was very happy to hear it, as he was one of those Charlie Brown types where he couldn't ever seem to catch a break; life would just pull the football away at the last second, every time. If anyone deserved some pain relief it was him.)

Fast forward a few years and I'm pulling up to my grandparents' house for another holiday dinner. Got there a bit early to help set up, as my grandfather had recently developed Parkinson's and my 80 year-old, 90-lb 4'11" grandmother had to constantly help take care of him in addition to her normal chores/housewife duties. Her health had been failing recently as well - partly, I think, due to the stress and physical exertion needed to help my (much larger) grandfather get around, use the bathroom, etc.

So I walk in expecting her to be her usual sweet but exhausted self, but instead she practically sprints over to me, grabs me in a bear hug, tells me how happy she is to see me, then sprints back to the kitchen as an over time goes off. I'm pleasantly surprised but assume she just had a bit too much coffee or something.

I take a few more steps into the house and it hits me - an overwhelming marijuana odor, so pungent I can almost taste it. My first assumption is the Jamaican maid (she stops by a few times a month to tidy up and help prep for big family dinners like this). But when I ask about her my grandmother says she's sick, so it's just been her in the kitchen all day.

I tell her she seems more energetic than usual and she says my uncle gave her this "miracle cream" that's practically eliminated her back pain and arthritis. Says she feels twenty years younger practically overnight. I excuse myself to the bathroom and take a look around her bedroom - sure enough, there's a giant jar of CBD lotion sitting on the countertop.

I kept the revelation to myself and enjoyed the stunned looks on various family members' faces as they walked through the door. My poor grandmother was mortified when they told her she'd been slathering pot cream all over herself - but I explained how it was different from THC/toking up and assured her it was fine to keep using it. She's since become quite the activist, going so far as to purchase a case of lotion to give away at the old folks' home where she's been volunteering for decades.

It's been a little strange getting used to my grandmother smelling like a Sublime concert every time I go in for a hug, but damn if it hasn't dramatically improved her quality of life. Maybe someday soon I'll bring over my vape pen and see if she'll take the next step with me [Image: bigsmile.gif]

Any experience with CBD?

Im a very skeptical person specially about supplements. But i can assure you it works.
I was doing 30mg per day (forced myself to vape 1ml per day):

My friends noticed me a bit "slowed down" while i had recently hit big drags with the vaper.
Felt more relaxed generally.
Im competitive and sometimes play videogames at night, while i normally swear and hate losing, while on cbd i actually laughed at my mistakes.
Made me a bit easier to get horny.
When going to sleep i had a lot of thoughts but once my brain disconnected i had a full continuous sleep.
Helped me a bit with anxiety/depression (i wanted to try cbd because of this, i was having a bad time because my steroid post-cycle therapy didnt go very well)

Any experience with CBD?

Quote: (03-20-2019 10:03 AM)Isaac Jordan Wrote:  

It's been a little strange getting used to my grandmother smelling like a Sublime concert every time I go in for a hug, but damn if it hasn't dramatically improved her quality of life. Maybe someday soon I'll bring over my vape pen and see if she'll take the next step with me [Image: bigsmile.gif]

Wish my grandma was this cool.

Any experience with CBD?

I tried it for sleep issues (not just insomnia), and I noticed more vivid dreams and what felt like deeper sleep. I couldn't recommend it based on that though, as the effects were subtle.

The reason I didn't go further with it, was because dosage and production quality are so difficult to verify.

Any experience with CBD?

Have anyone tried Dan Bilzerian Ignite CBD?

Any experience with CBD?

Quote: (03-20-2019 06:06 PM)djk100 Wrote:  

Have anyone tried Dan Bilzerian Ignite CBD?

Funny you ask, this was the reason I posted the thread. Seems like its selling well, at the very least.

Any experience with CBD?

Quote: (03-20-2019 08:24 AM)hedonist Wrote:  

I'd say helped slightly with pain...personally the biggest thing I noticed was laser focus. I'm maybe a bit ADHD but the isolate pills made me just destroy errands/projects I've had built up in forever.

I didn't even know this was one of the benefits but I noticed a big change!

Are you buying yours over-the-counter at cannabis stores or through a medical marijuana supplier? I'm asking because I just got a medical card and the supplier (Aphria) offers CBD products and I'm considering trying them, I haven't taken any yet.

Any experience with CBD?

Okay, time to throw my hat in the ring. A large part of my current occupation revolves around CBD. We're undertaking clinical research right now, and I can't disclose too much but here's what I can tell you. I should also note that I am not medically qualified to give any advice, so take what you see here with a grain of salt. I also consider myself a cannabis/hemp enthusiast, and regularly use both CBD and THC, so I am biased.

IS CBD A FAD?

Firstly, CBD is not a gimmicky fad. I consider myself skeptical by nature, and I always make my conclusions based on empirical data, not observation alone. The data I have seen supports CBD as having real medicinal value. The Federal Government and FDA agree with me, considering they approved Epidiolex, a CBD based product that helps treat seizures for early onset seizures in June of last year.

What types of CBD are there?

There are several types of CBD oil on the market (including ours). There's two different kinds: Full Spectrum, and CBD Isolate. There are numerous different cannabinoids that are derived from the Hemp (Cannabis Sativa) plant besides just THC, CBD and CBN. There's around 110 that I can think of. Full Spectrum contains CBD, THC, CBN and the other cannabinoids.

Usually it's under .3% in order to comply with federal regulations stemming from the farm bill, but not always. I've seen other companies get in trouble with this. CBD isolate on the other hand is a more expensive product (which is what ours is) considering getting the CBD isolate and then having it 3rd party panel tested is expensive.

However, true CBD isolate has none of the other cannabinoids found in full spectrum, so it is less risky with the current grey area that we are operating in. It also will not make you test positive on a drug test, if that is what you are worried about.

How should you take CBD?

There are a couple of different ways to take CBD, whether that's oral, sublingual, inhalation, or topical. Which one you use will depend on the following:

1: What are you trying to treat?
2: What is your price threshold?
3: How quickly do you want your CBD to work?

If you have specific questions about that, ask them here, because I could write a small novel on the choice of treatment method. In fact, if any of y'all have questions on CBD, I would be happy to answer those to the best of my ability.

What can CBD do for you?

That said - CBD isn't one of those cure all panaceas. What we have found so far supports the following:

1: It improves sleep duration and sleep quality
2: It reduces anxiety in humans, cats, and dogs.
3: Applied topically over a period of a month, it can be effective for treating mild aches.
4: CBD can be used to quickly recover from an overdose of THC (IE a concentrated form of THC gone wrong)
5: It can reduce joint pain and inflammation when used orally, topically, sublingually, and vaporized/smoked.
6: It is great for migraines.
7: It MAY aid in relaxation.

What strength CBD should I use?

This depends heavily on which dosage method you use. For most people with average aches and pains, somewhere between 500mg-1000mg of CBD in a 30 day MCT tincture is more than enough. Again, it really depends on your pain.

Whereas if you take capsules, you probably want to opt for closer to 1500mg for a 30 day supply. There's also water soluble CBD, which has its own dosage rules.

The key is to monitor your pain over time. It takes several weeks for CBD to help treat your pain - so give it time and record your results. Right now we are still studying the dose-pain response threshold and what you need to treat each different condition.

Where to find CBD?

Now, the tricky part is identifying what you're actually getting. CBD is still in the grey area nationally, even though the passage of the Farm Bill has most experts claiming it's legal and that there should be no challenge to it at the Federal level, as long as it's grown from Hemp that is less than .03%.

Right now, the majority of people I personally know try to buy their CBD from Amazon. Beware. Many of these are not CBD, but Hemp Seed Oil. While Hemp Seed Oil is great, Hemp seeds contain only trace amounts of the cannabinoids that you need to have a demonstrable effect with your endocannabinoid system. Even on regular websites, some are still being cautious about their label. For instance, the Stanley Brothers (the guys who created Charlotte's Web, one of the most famous CBD strains) label their packaging Hemp Extract.

For the layman, the following are code-words for CBD:

Whole Hemp Extract, Hemp Extract, Hemp Isolate, Hemp Derived Cannabidol.

Anything that claims to be CBD but uses Hemp Seed Oil is full of shit. Don't buy those unless you want Hemp Seed Oil.

Who do I trust for CBD?

Obviously my first choice is going to be my company, because I can personally verify the data. Not going to post that here for security reasons, but if you PM me we can talk about it. We are releasing our newest line of products next Monday. If you want to support the launch I can hook you up with some sweet discounts if you're well vetted by the community here. THAT SAID:

Other than my company, companies like Charlotte's Web and Greenroads are pretty good. I personally do not think they compare to the products we are doing R&D on, but for the majority of people these two brands have what you'll need.

What has been my personal experience on CBD?

I'll keep it short: you will probably notice a rather significant improvement in your pain or anxiety if you use CBD daily in a strong enough dose over a period of a month.

I don't experience either, but CBD is also great for resetting me when I smoke too much, or when I'm experimenting making edibles and it goes awry. I use a 3000mg CBD tincture administered sublingually (which evidence supports as more effective compared to just oral administration).

If you guys have any other CBD questions please ask away, and I will try my best to answer them. I'd be remiss if I didn't help you guys out with this one.

Any experience with CBD?

I dont understand your dosing recommendations 1500mg for 30 day supply? What does that mean for daily dose like if I want to take some to reduce anxiety when night gaming? I actually took 45mg of chocolate CBD last weekend and I did notice it made me feel happier, like improved my mood.

Any experience with CBD?

1500mg is the monthly dose, so you'd take 50mg a day. That's if you're taking capsules though as opposed to tinctures or other types of edibles. CBD can definitely improve your mood; but that also could be the chocolate.

Any experience with CBD?

I have dealt with a few fairly major cannabis CEOs. I am not a fan of weed at the best of times, so I should say that up front. But my experience of the people involved is that they are snake oil salesmen. My impression of CBD is that it is mostly snake oil.

I wouldn't use the stuff personally, as I think it is a waste of money. I certainly, and I would say this very strongly, would not invest.

Any experience with CBD?

I personally like Lazarus Naturals CBD. They have the best pricing per mg and quality that I've found. They extract with ethanol, and post their lab test results on the website. You can use discount code "cbdoilusers" for 10% off. I like the high potentcy full spectrum CBD tincture myself.

Latin American Coffee Guide
-What other people think of you is none of your business.

Any experience with CBD?

Quote: (03-26-2019 01:04 AM)cruzinV Wrote:  

I dont understand your dosing recommendations 1500mg for 30 day supply? What does that mean for daily dose like if I want to take some to reduce anxiety when night gaming? I actually took 45mg of chocolate CBD last weekend and I did notice it made me feel happier, like improved my mood.

1500mg for 30 days is 50mg a day. I dont think you need that much. Best method to consume it is by vaping.

Try one of those 10ml bottles with a total of 300mg. Theres many forms of oil, make sure its for vaping. 30mg a day for 10 days and experiment with dose from there. 1ml is more than enough for a whole day.

Any experience with CBD?

Quote: (03-27-2019 04:32 AM)luigi Wrote:  

Quote: (03-26-2019 01:04 AM)cruzinV Wrote:  

1500mg for 30 days is 50mg a day. I dont think you need that much. Best method to consume it is by vaping.

Try one of those 10ml bottles with a total of 300mg. Theres many forms of oil, make sure its for vaping. 30mg a day for 10 days and experiment with dose from there. 1ml is more than enough for a whole day.

Your dosage depends on a multitude of factors. Vaporization is definitely the fastest way to feel the effects - I agree with you there.

A vaporization dosage is going to be much smaller because of how CBD is absorbed into your body. There's a much higher rate of absorption through the lungs, as opposed to taking a capsule which will have to go through your digestive system. That's part of the reason there's so much confusion - two doses with different delivery systems are not the same.

Any experience with CBD?

Definitely keen to give this a try but don't know how to get it into my country. Does anyone know of an online seller who ships it with a different label/name so it comes straight through customs checks?

Any experience with CBD?

Quote: (03-27-2019 03:34 PM)fktax Wrote:  

Definitely keen to give this a try but don't know how to get it into my country. Does anyone know of an online seller who ships it with a different label/name so it comes straight through customs checks?

Can you buy in amazon.es from andorra?

I got my cbd vaping oil from there, for some reason they keep selling it. My brand was "Harmony"

Any experience with CBD?

Quote: (03-26-2019 02:06 PM)H1N1 Wrote:  

I have dealt with a few fairly major cannabis CEOs. I am not a fan of weed at the best of times, so I should say that up front. But my experience of the people involved is that they are snake oil salesmen. My impression of CBD is that it is mostly snake oil.

I wouldn't use the stuff personally, as I think it is a waste of money. I certainly, and I would say this very strongly, would not invest.

CBD is most certainly not snake oil. There is quite a lot of scientific documentation for its effects on particularly schizophrenia. Which is not surprising considering CBD is a literal anti-psychotic counter effect to the psychotic THC.

Where the snake oil becomes a factor is the "one drop cures all" without any scientific backing and more important, the complete lack of quality control and reliable dosage recommendations.

Example, the studies that were done on schizophrenia used 1 gram a day. Way more than even the highest dosages I've seen anywhere. I bet at those doses that side effects would show up.

Any experience with CBD?

Quote: (03-27-2019 04:18 PM)luigi Wrote:  

Quote: (03-27-2019 03:34 PM)fktax Wrote:  

Can you buy in amazon.es from andorra?

I got my cbd vaping oil from there, for some reason they keep selling it. My brand was "Harmony"

Thanks man I'll check it out

Any experience with CBD?

Quote: (03-22-2019 03:15 PM)Investment Bro Wrote:  

This depends heavily on which dosage method you use. For most people with average aches and pains, somewhere between 500mg-1000mg of CBD in a 30 day MCT tincture is more than enough. Again, it really depends on your pain.

Whereas if you take capsules, you probably want to opt for closer to 1500mg for a 30 day supply. There's also water soluble CBD, which has its own dosage rules.

Quote:Quote:

I use a 3000mg CBD tincture administered sublingually (which evidence supports as more effective compared to just oral administration).

A vaporization dosage is going to be much smaller because of how CBD is absorbed into your body. There's a much higher rate of absorption through the lungs, as opposed to taking a capsule which will have to go through your digestive system. That's part of the reason there's so much confusion - two doses with different delivery systems are not the same.

I'm a bit confused by the different recommended dosages. Can you give an approximate example dosage for what you'd need to take orally vs sublingually vs topically vs vaped?

Any experience with CBD?

Quote: (03-28-2019 08:29 AM)Valentine Wrote:  

Quote: (03-22-2019 03:15 PM)Investment Bro Wrote:  

I use a 3000mg CBD tincture administered sublingually (which evidence supports as more effective compared to just oral administration).

I'm a bit confused by the different recommended dosages. Can you give an approximate example dosage for what you'd need to take orally vs sublingually vs topically vs vaped?

We're still studying the patient dose response threshold, so right now a lot of it is up to experimentation. As soon as we have researched numbers I will share it here. The thing to keep in mind is your ECS (Endocannabinoid System) and body chemistry change over time, so your optimal dose will shift. Here's what I can share so far.

Topical administration we aren't studying yet, because we can't measure the degree of bioavailability for a concentrate applied topically. You'd have to experiment for that. One of our partner companies is conducting research on that right now. The conclusions I presented prior were based on their research. For everything else, see below.

The first thing you should do is assess your pain on a scale from 1-10, if that's the reason you plan on using it.

Right now, we're testing with 3 pain scales:
  • Minor (1-3)
  • Medium (4-7)
  • Severe (8+)
We're also testing it with 4 weight classes:
  • <100 lbs
  • 101-150 lbs
  • 151-200 lbs
  • >200lbs
Based on these classes, here's my recommended dosing table assuming 100% bioavailability. However, unless you're taking CBD intravenously, you will never get to 100% as I will explain below.

[Image: x7eYBxf.png]

With the dose table established, let me explain bioavailability. In essence, it's the degree of a substance that can be absorbed into the bloodstream and the rate at which it can be absorbed. There's a plethora of different factors that influence it, and it can even be different for different people! Basically, the higher the bioavailability, the greater the effect.

Our stomach and digestive tract for instance, break down the majority of what we put into our body. Your medications account for this in the recommended dose.

Hopefully that clears the tricky issue up. So, we have 3 different delivery methods to measure approximate bioavailability for. For our research purposes, we used a number of different studies to approximate the bioavailability percentage. For our studies, here are the assumptions we are using.

Oral: Between 12-15%. We're using 13.5% as a baseline.

Sublingual: Between 20% and 30%. We're using 25% as a baseline.

Vaporization: Between 35% to 45%. We're using 40% as a baseline. This one is tricky, as research in this area is lacking and there are a number of statistical outliers between 55-62%.

NOW, let's return to our dosing table. I'm going to assume you're no slouch Valentine, weighing in at between 151- 200lbs and probably in the low pain category.

Taking our dosage recommendation of 8mg for mild pain based on your weight, here is what you would actually need to consume to meet your approximate daily value:
  • Oral: 60 mg a day
  • Sublingual: 32 mg a day
  • Vaporization: 20 mg a day
In terms of monthly values these translate to:
  • Oral: 1800 mg per 30 days
  • Sublingual 960 mg per 30 days
  • Vaporization: 600 mg per 30 days
As we can see, vaporization is by far the most efficient way to get your CBD. The other piece is it's absorption rate is far quicker than the other two methods listed. Basically, it works faster. It's also easier to measure its effect on pain because it works so quickly.

To conclude, let me throw a wrench in my calculations. These numbers are estimates. This is an area we most certainly need further study in. These numbers I'm giving you are guidelines, and I honestly believe that you can use even less and still have good results.

The point I'm trying to make is there is a different efficacy attributed to each method. Vaporization is the most effective, followed by sublingual and oral usage. Topical usage is most likely the least effective, at least in terms of bioavailability.

When you start, start at a low dosage and measure the results in terms of numeric pain. Do it every day for 30 days and you'll have a pretty accurate idea in terms of what dosage will work you for.

Any experience with CBD?

Thanks for the numbers, makes it much easier to judge the convenience vs efficiency of the different methods.

I'm not looking to use CBD for pain, rather for it's other health benefits like anti-inflammation, neuroprotection, cancer prevention, etc. Would that likely require the same dose you'd take for minor pain, medium or maybe something less?

Any experience with CBD?

Quote: (03-28-2019 02:37 PM)Valentine Wrote:  

Thanks for the numbers, makes it much easier to judge the convenience vs efficiency of the different methods.

I'm not looking to use CBD for pain, rather for it's other health benefits like anti-inflammation, neuroprotection, cancer prevention, etc. Would that likely require the same dose you'd take for minor pain, medium or maybe something less?

Start with a minor dose. 5mg a day would be more than enough. Microdosing is the way to go for preventive care in my opinion.