rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Beta characters of tv/movies

ive been very bored lately and watched all 8 series of entourage

i noticed how much of a beta "E" or eric is. For those of you who have watched the show you'll know this obviously. not only does he look about 12, he says sorry in every single sentence. i loved the show but it killed me.Ari was an alpha until the end where he begged for his wife back

others:

Ted from how i met your mother. he is that beta nice guy that makes us all cringe haha.

the dude from the 1st hangover film with the broken tooth comes to mind. says his wife got fucked by a bartender but DIDNT EVEN COME INSIDE HER lol. his wife doesnt even let him go to vegas etc,im sure most of you here have seen it.

any other beta characters you have noticed and explain what their traits are

Alan Harper of 2 and a half men.

Quote: (10-11-2011 03:59 PM)Donald Duck Wrote:  

Alan Harper of 2 and a half men.

I can't think of a more pathetic example.

I haven't watched 'how to be a gentlemen' yet, but I am sure that will be a good source for this.

oh yeah i forgot about him.sweet christ he is bad

im doubtful about how to be a gentleman.if youve watched johnny drama in entourage he plays the same type of character in this ne show so you could be disappointed.

where else are all the betas?

Alan harper from Two and a half men. Lmao! Funny guy..but beta as hell.
Scared of women, always seeks approval from women, terrible fashion..a people pleaser wuss.

Illustrated here: http://www.cucirca.com/2009/01/20/two-an...d-twisted/

Quote: (10-11-2011 03:49 PM)alecks Wrote:  

i noticed how much of a beta "E" or eric is. For those of you who have watched the show you'll know this obviously. not only does he look about 12, he says sorry in every single sentence. i loved the show but it killed me.Ari was an alpha until the end where he begged for his wife back

The last few seasons of entourage have been terrible. IMO all of them act like beta wussies. I found out recently that entourage is actually written by a woman(no surprise there).

the last 3 seasons were really bad and yes they did all turn into wimps in the end,but i just had to finish the show,the ending was so shit too.

do ya think ari was an alpha? he took no shit and gave dogs abuse to a lot of people

another one : bryan cranston (hal) malcolm in the middle,lois screamed at him in every episode!

George Costanza and Steve Carrel come to mind

Jason's Bateman character in the movie Extract. He's shown as a hardworking self made entrepreneur with everything but a means to get laid despite being married coz his wife wouldn't fuck him for one reason or the other. He's pretty dejected so does acid and during the trip comes up with the wacky idea of hiring a gigolo for his wife so she can fuck him, and later he himself has an excuse to cheat on her. It turns out that the wife does fuck the gigolo but he doesn't get any and rather he gets screwed over bigtime by the woman he wanted to have an affair with. Later on, he reconciles with his wife. I HATED watching that movie.

Game is a necessary evil

Quote: (10-11-2011 05:55 PM)haywire Wrote:  

Jason's Bateman character in the movie Extract. He's shown as a hardworking self made entrepreneur with everything but a means to get laid despite being married coz his wife wouldn't fuck him for one reason or the other. He's pretty dejected so does acid and during the trip comes up with the wacky idea of hiring a gigolo for his wife so she can fuck him, and later he himself has an excuse to cheat on her. It turns out that the wife does fuck the gigolo but he doesn't get any and rather he gets screwed over bigtime by the woman he wanted to have an affair with. Later on, he reconciles with his wife. I HATED watching that movie.

That movie did have a really good bong scene though

Michael Cera (superbad, arrested development, etc.) has his moments, but seems like he plays a beta character is almost every role, I guess it doesn't hurt that he looks like he's 16.

Also Jonah Hill's character in "Get Him To The Greek" (actually a decent flick), is pretty damn beta, resists some hot bitches trying to fuck him, has a busted GF that he's sweating, then let's Russel Brand's character hook up with his GF and acts like a cuckold.

Not sure about beta, but I know one of my fav alpha characters of all time was Sawyer from Lost.

Chandler Bing from Friends. Total Beta corporate drone that marries his best friend's bitchy, controlling fat sister.

Team Nachos

Quote: (10-11-2011 05:55 PM)haywire Wrote:  

I fucking hated that movie too. I think he does fuck the Mila Kunis chick at some point though. Doesn't matter, he reconciles with his wife who cucked the shit out of him. Pathetic.

Steve from married with children was beta.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Can't believe nobody's mentioned the main cast of both Friends and How I Met Your Mother...although to the (first few episodes of) the latter's credit they did poke fun at his behavior and implied that was the reason he couldn't get girls. The "shots" episode in the first season was great for that.

Just about every male character in Bones.

Kevin from 30 Rock, although again that trope is played deliberately for laughs.

In most coming of age movies for boys the boys are beta. American Pie and Superbad come to mind.

Quote: (10-20-2016 07:44 PM)ivansirko Wrote:  

In most coming of age movies for boys the boys are beta. American Pie and Superbad come to mind.

This might be a bit off topic, but I've been watching Sixteen Candles on netflix and I actually think Anthony Michael Hall's character would have killed it in real life. The guy comes off as being completely fearless. The bad thing, though, is he had no idea when to move on if a girl is being a bitch or is obviously not feeling him.

I think that we should make a distinction here, what are the beta characters that the audience is supposed to revere? As opposed to the beta being the hapless doofus such as 30 rock.

Oh and another one, Ryan Gosling's character in "Blue Valentine". That movie is depressing as shit by the way.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

I'm sure you guys all saw Kelley get cucked hard on the most recent Below Deck episode.
[Image: bd_silo-rev-5.png?itok=BxXa9SUY&timestamp=1474306487]

That's him.

OK first Capt. Lee is riding his ass in front of all the crew. Then the captain makes him clean the windows. After that Kelley tries to take the charter guests snorkeling. He can't get the boat to marry up with the valor, and shit hits the fan.

Now last week, you remember, Kelley was all over Emily when they took the day off and went to the resort. Here's Emily:
[Image: emily-2.jpg]

Now Emily wasn't having it at all, and blew him off.

Well this week comes around and for some reason they celebrate Valentines day on the boat. Kelley is to busy getting his ass chewed by the captain and forgets. Well, super alpha chef ben , gets Kate to add some blue roses to the flower delivery. Ben used to bang Kate but now she's a lesbian.

Ben puts the flowers on Emily's bed and when she gets them they hug. After the meal, Ben asks Emily to go to dinner, which is strange because they are on a boat in the sea.

It doesn't matter, because she says yes!!!

When Kelley finds out you can tell he's mad but you gotta wait until next week to find out what happens.

In conclusion, Kelly from Below Deck is beta.

Aloha!

Leonard from Big Bang Theory. Ok, whole cast.

Quote: (10-11-2011 03:49 PM)alecks Wrote:  

i noticed how much of a beta "E" or eric is.

Eric sucked with women, true, but he did show some balls in the last scene of season one (on the tarmac), calling Adrian's bluff, risking career and friendship.

Andy Bernard from The Office.

Ed Helms always seems to play these kind of roles.

Quote:Darkwing Buck Wrote:  
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.

Paul Pfeiffer from "The Wonder Years"

[attachment=34049]

Paul from "You're the Worst"

He is a literal cuckold, and this week's episode was called “Genetically Inferior Beta Males” http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/gretchen-pl...rst-244471

[Image: cc58a85360bb6b5edfed5fab8e403905.jpg]

Quote: (10-20-2016 10:55 PM)LeoneVolpe Wrote:  

Paul Pfeiffer from "The Wonder Years"

I disagree. He banged some girl in his kitchen probably years before Kevin or any of the other characters banged anyone. Kevin was an extreme beta. The whole duration of the series was basically Kevin getting upset or pissed off at incredibly stupid things. Paul was pretty thinned skinned, but I say Kevin was much worse.

Quote: (10-11-2011 07:36 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Chandler Bing from Friends. Total Beta corporate drone that marries his best friend's bitchy, controlling fat sister.

Not disagreeing, but I think Ross is more deserving of that title.

But neither of them could even hope to out-beta Ray Barone.

I recently watched Sixteen Candles. The 80s must have been a glorious time because 90% of this movie would be "problematic" for the left today.

Anthony Michael Hall's character "The Geek" - Beta as hell, then rapes a drunk girl. He'd be crucified these days.

[Image: ELxBcWr.jpg?1]