rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Roosh and the manosphere a bankruptcy sinking ship out of ideas?

This is the most most comprehensive article [Mod: spam link removed] I read on whole manosphere thing. I didn't know all that. From my few days here, I've seen a lot played out old creative writers scraping the bottom of the barrel on Tinder. Seriously, Tinder in 2019!!! The political bend has been a complete bust. Sorry, Donald Trump isn't going to save you and Nazis aren't cool. I'm convinced that most of the people here have never had a social life. How hard would be to throw a few decent parties in eastern Europe you could attend? The post material could be used on social media to deflect attacks and attract people who are actually cool. I was at 2 events the other day with another site and they had parties full of women. All I see here in dull text, boring videos and dudes whining about women.

I'm out!

6 posts and already flexing, bitching, and threats of leaving

Looks like some incel is projecting.

Noone gives a fuck what you have to say you low level spam link troller.

thread-67260...pid1946484

[Image: gtfo.gif]

Then, he was raped to death by Turks.

The end.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (03-01-2019 12:07 PM)billionaire Wrote:  

I was at 2 events the other day with another site and they had binders full of women. All I see here in dull text, boring videos and dudes whining about women.

I'm out!

We'll miss you Mitt
[Image: article-0-135C4374000005DC-751_468x393.jpg]

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Who hurt you?

Obvious troll is obvious. However, yes I do agree that the manosphere has said pretty much everything it has to say, and that's why it's morphed into a more generalised dissident rightism that encompasses a lot more than what it originally set out to discuss.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

I don't think there is much of a "manosphere" anymore.

It started with the Roissysphere, when Roissy took PUA ideas and combined it with what Michele Houellebecq was saying in his novels. That spurred a huge amount of ideological innovation, and then the splinterings happened withinin two years. The PUA, MGTOW, and Men's Rights branches constantly attacked each other. There was a rightful backlash to the over commercializtion of PUA (I'm thinking RSD and $3,000 bootcamps), giving rise to more holistic "red pill" communities, particularly on Return Of Kings and Reddit, but that is fading now as ROK is closed and /r/TheRedPill was quarantined. A lot of eyeballs were also diverted to the Alt Right, but even that sphere is struggling after the disaster of Charlottesville. Now incels are growing fastest in number due to structural changes in the culture and a rise in autism. There is definitely a black pill element to the existing masculine spheres because of how bad things are getting, and how hard game is for men who are average or below average in value. The good news is that red pill and PUA ideas are essentially baked into the masculine side of the culture.

As for myself, I have no strong manosphere allies or ideological adherence. I write what interests me most without worrying about the overall direction of the culture. 21 Convention is carrying the "manosphere" label for mostly commercial ends, but they are allowing some good thinkers (e.g. Donovan Sharpe) to produce content for a living. Time will see if they last. Now I'm just going it alone with my followers. Turns out we don't really need anyone else to share our ideas or connect with each other, and I'm fine having a more "local" effect than trying to change the world.

The manosphere started out with legitimate concerns. The biased schools, universities, and family courts are legitimate issues that have become worse, not better, over the past 15 years. However, I have noticed a distinctive trend towards authoritarianism in the manosphere in the recent years. For one, the manosphere has developed an entitlement mentality that is not dissimilar to that of the feminists. That is a mentality that each man is somehow entitled to "owning" a woman, even if it requires that women give up personal and economic freedom of the likes we take for granted. Another is the recent obsession with reducing both personal and economic liberty in the quest for some fixed concept of "social structure" sometimes, but not always, based on various versions of Christianity. Recent postings on Vox Day's blog are representative of this mentality. I believe it is this trend that is destroying the appeal of the manosphere and its outgrowth, the alt-right, for many of us.

You have to realize that the vast majority of us have no interest in politics or going any sort of "group identity" or other such collectivist nonsense. The vast majority of us simply want to be left alone to live our own lives on our own terms and to mind our own business. We seek neither to rule or be ruled. Remember that most of us came to the manosphere and created the alt-right because we are sick and tired of the authoritarianism of the left. What on Earth makes you think that we would ever accept any form of authoritarianism from the right? The leading lights of the manosphere and, in particular, the alt-right need to get it in their thick heads that most of us reject the very concept of authority (in the political/philosophical sense) and merely want to live our own lives on our own terms.

The manosphere and, especially the alt-right, need to do a better job at recognizing this and appealing to this sentiment.

On second thought, I think my comments are more directed at the alt-right than the manosphere in general. However, the alt-right is a creation of the manosphere. So, I think my comments are relevant to this thread.

Quote:Quote:

For one, the manosphere has developed an entitlement mentality that is not dissimilar to that of the feminists. That is a mentality that each man is somehow entitled to "owning" a woman

[Image: 78WrbYS.gif]

I've never in my life met a men who expressed concern about men wanting to own a woman. Are you a woman?

Quote: (03-01-2019 02:42 PM)Abelard Lindsey Wrote:  

The manosphere started out with legitimate concerns. The biased schools, universities, and family courts are legitimate issues that have become worse, not better, over the past 15 years. However, I have noticed a distinctive trend towards authoritarianism in the manosphere in the recent years. For one, the manosphere has developed an entitlement mentality that is not dissimilar to that of the feminists. That is a mentality that each man is somehow entitled to "owning" a woman, even if it requires that women give up personal and economic freedom of the likes we take for granted. Another is the recent obsession with reducing both personal and economic liberty in the quest for some fixed concept of "social structure" sometimes, but not always, based on various versions of Christianity. Recent postings on Vox Day's blog are representative of this mentality. I believe it is this trend that is destroying the appeal of the manosphere and its outgrowth, the alt-right, for many of us.

You have to realize that the vast majority of us have no interest in politics or going any sort of "group identity" or other such collectivist nonsense.

You might not be interested in politics, but politics is VERY interested in you.

The vast majority of us simply want to be left alone to live our own lives on our own terms and to mind our own business. We seek neither to rule or be ruled. Remember that most of us came to the manosphere and created the alt-right because we are sick and tired of the authoritarianism of the left. What on Earth makes you think that we would ever accept any form of authoritarianism from the right? The leading lights of the manosphere and, in particular, the alt-right need to get it in their thick heads that most of us reject the very concept of authority (in the political/philosophical sense) and merely want to live our own lives on our own terms.

This is why I've quit fighting for the Right, or for men, or for Western Civilization. This is why the Right fails.

Your average right winger is just as much of a special snowflake as anybody on the left; the only difference is that their concept of human rights tends towards the negative-libertarian while those on the left are positive-libertarian. Writing an list of these beliefs is difficult, and no single person on the right will be defined by all of them, but I'll provide you some examples:
  • I have the right to sleep with women, without taking responsibility for it, because women are equal.
  • I have the right to call myself a Christian, and hold myself as superior to SJWs, even though I don't follow the teachings of Christ.
  • I have the right to make a nuisance of myself without considering how power actually works, because of my freedom of speech.
  • I have the right to do whatever I want, and attack my allies, because it's just bantz bro.
  • I have the right to be a fat loser who does nothing but play video games, and still call myself a man.
  • I have the right to radical personal autonomy. I am beholden to no one, to no cause, to no standard, to no discipline.
As John C. Wright pointed out, Libertarianism is a philosophy for Christian bachelors during peacetime; it doesn't work for anybody else. Practiced for too long, this radical individualism creates so many negative externalities (broken women, shattered borders, a disappearing middle class) that an equal-opposite response is generated: the radical left which we see today. Both sides agree on radical individualism, but neither are willing to take responsibility for their choices. The radical right wants Daddy Trump to build a border, so that their play pen stays uninfested; the radical left wants somebody else to pay for their birth control.

Both sides are sloppy as fuck, leaving behind messes wherever they go. Nothing but overgrown teenagers who are pissed off that they're expected to pay rent, and take out their nose piercings when they go to work. Both of them are living on Pinochio's Pleasure Island, and both of them are turning into jackasses.

Rights come with responsibilities and obligations; you have the right to have sex with your wife, and the responsibility to provide for her. You have the right to a pay cheque, and the responsibility to show up to work. You have the right to vote, and the responsibility to participate in civic life.

You have the right to give orders to those below you, and the responsibility to follow orders from those above.

In a traditional society, none of these duties are burdensome; no more burdensome than a husband who holds authority over his wife. He may order her not to hang out with the divorcee crowd, or to go to the party at the biker bar, but generally speaking it is a very light yoke; far lighter than the modern slavery which is developing with our corporate masters.

A people who cannot discipline themselves will be disciplined by somebody else. Western man has abandoned self-discipline - decrying any and all duties as "authoritarian" - so he becomes a servile corporate peon, submitting his urine for testing, giving them his facebook password, and cheerfully endorsing their hate speech regulations.

The patriarchy wanted you to be respectful and virtuous, working with others fairly and fulfilling your obligations; but aside from that you were left to your own devices. By rejecting that, you've chose then master who will monitor every moment of your life, using every transgression to humiliate you.

There is no right wing. Those of us who've been trying to lead from the vanguard have taken as much, if not more flak from those who ought to be our followers than we have from our enemies. Western man doesn't want to follow? To recapture the dignity which his ancestors held? Very well, let him pursue his libertarianism all the way to the opium den.

The manosphere and, especially the alt-right, need to do a better job at recognizing this and appealing to this sentiment.

On second thought, I think my comments are more directed at the alt-right than the manosphere in general. However, the alt-right is a creation of the manosphere. So, I think my comments are relevant to this thread.

When you water down the truth, it's not truth anymore; it's a compromise with vain egotists and Internet narcissists. The truth talks, and bullshit walks, so let them walk I say.

Nazis aren't cool.

Easy junior.

Aloha!

Quote: (03-01-2019 02:46 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

For one, the manosphere has developed an entitlement mentality that is not dissimilar to that of the feminists. That is a mentality that each man is somehow entitled to "owning" a woman

[Image: 78WrbYS.gif]

I've never in my life met a men who expressed concern about men wanting to own a woman. Are you a woman?

Maybe shes asking the age ole question "Is it better to own or rent?" Maybe she's been rented one too many times

[Image: buyorrent-1.jpg]

Ive done many many many short term rentals, with a few long term sprinkled in. If women knew how to meet a high quality "investor's'" purchasing criteria they wouldn't have that problem

Dollars to donuts it’s always the women that n have no of being “owned” that complain about men wanting to own women

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

YouTube has proven to be an unwitting factor in the spread of Red Pill ideas. Never in the history of the United States have people had so much access to their own cultural history. This, more than anything, is making people question what we have become as a country.

People might not read political books or listen to seek out blogs. But they will watch old videos. And -- ironically -- this is starting to undo the lock that the Globalist-corporate state has on people's minds.

Years ago, we might have assumed we knew what people looked and acted like 30 years prior. With YouTube, we can all now instantly find out from old talk shows, sitcoms, and even home movies. We can hear the old music, radio broadcasts, and interviews.

Time and again, people on YouTube watch this stuff and ask "What the hell happened to us?" in the comments.

Why are people now so overweight? How did we become so atomized? When and why did women get covered with tattoos? How did music become controlled by one or two conglomerates when there used to be scads of record labels? Why and how did our country go from 90 percent white and English-speaking to what we have now? Where did our sense of family and community go? And so on.

You now see comments under videos made by everyone, from old widows to teenage boys. When I first saw these comments pop up time and again, I assumed it was guys in the manosphere making their voices heard. Then I realized that there aren't that many people in the manosphere. These comments were coming from everyone, from old widows to teenage boys.

So, if the influence and scope of the manosphere seems to be receding, it's because people don't need it anymore. Their access to the old, lost American is Red Pill-ing them instead. It's pretty amusing all of that should come courtesy of a Big Tech company that's known for stifling dissenting speech and wrongthink.

They can clamp down all they want. It won't ultimately matter.

In his 1981 book "POPism," Andy Warhol wrote that being on TV for five minutes did more for his fame than dozens of newspaper articles. Similarly, old sitcom scenes or music videos will have more influence on the average person than if they read hundreds of books -- especially when the old videos are contrasted with the garish, obnoxious commercials of today that usually precede them.

Thanks, YouTube.

I was rummaging around the internet for a different gif and came across this one
[Image: V0KpRwX.gif]

Not really relevant to this thread.... but its relevant to my heart [Image: gay.gif]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I wonder if he was really a billionaire. [Image: whatever.gif]

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Seriously, Tinder in 2019!!!

Yes, Tinder still works in 2019, just not in the US

Quote: (03-01-2019 02:04 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Now incels are growing fastest in number due to structural changes in the culture and a rise in autism.There is definitely a black pill element to the existing masculine spheres because of how bad things are getting, and how hard game is for men who are average or below average in value.

This to me is an utterly terrifying phenomena and something that I see starting to spill over into multiple areas of the internet and in real life.

Finding that incels.is forum was painful and the fact that they're like 3rd on the referrals for this forum surprised me. Outside of that, i'm beginning to see guys who exhibit that "incel" like behavior. Their size and numbers are growing immensely.

And to be honest, I don't think autism is growing at all. What I see are guys who lack a community, complain about it, and then don't do anything seek one out.

When someone spends hours online and doesn't socialize it makes a person maladjusted. It becomes a negative feedback loop and then people (men and women) who do socialize find the person, "weird" only encouraging more isolation.

What do these guys expect? Even in the "olden" days where women stayed home, men could be men, you still had to go out and seek a community whether it was church, volunteer groups, or even just a bar. In those days, a lack of computer meant that you were forced to go outside or engage in solitary activities like writing or reading.

Those groups still exist and are in desparate need of people to help run them. Yes, I get it church is pozzed and filled with feminism. Ok, then why don't you go volunteer at a soup kitchen, tutor a boy at a Boys and Girls club, work out, or do something that gets you off the damn computer and talking to people even if you don't like them.

That's really the best advice you can give an incel. You won't find happiness on a computer.

I'm fine having a more "local" effect than trying to change the world.

Frankly, you've done quite a lot to change the world and the ripples of your past actions are still having an effect today.

Your best days, new books, and even more avant garde advice are still ahead of you.

Quote: (03-01-2019 02:46 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Why the f@@@ would you want to "own" a woman?

I get the owning thing...guys talking tough and wanting to be the top dog, or wolf, or gorilla or internet tough guy

Dominance

But what is this about...is it "owning" women and treating them like property?

Like IS sex slaves that are treated like property and then beheaded on mass?

Like dogs and cats...they are your property?

Or is it just a dumb use of language?

Quote: (03-01-2019 10:05 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Those groups still exist and are in desparate need of people to help run them. Yes, I get it church is pozzed and filled with feminism. Ok, then why don't you go volunteer at a soup kitchen, tutor a boy at a Boys and Girls club, work out, or do something that gets you off the damn computer and talking to people even if you don't like them.

That's really the best advice you can give an incel. You won't find happiness on a computer.

It's also good advice for the Right in general, at least on my perception.

The Left is stronger on ground game. Simple as that. The book How to Resist spells out their approach: they put together coalitions of degenerates and weak religious groups to fight their battles for them, and they wait for authorities or the Right to overreact to their PR stunts. Even if lesbians hate trannies and gays are amused with both, when it comes to forcing governments, councils, authorities into getting what they want, they stand together without exception until they've ground the enemy into the dirt. You only see the degenerates fighting each other once they know the opposition has been finished off, because at that point they don't have to take the appearance of a united front.

The Right loves to fucking fight amongst itself while it's fighting the enemy. One strike against it. It distracts them from having to get down into communities and really address populist issues. Let's be real, populism means the concerns of ordinary people. When's the last time you saw a right wing group actually get its ass together with a group of concerned mothers to throw the drug dealers out of a local park? No, as a group they'd rather try to win on the institutional level: get Kavanaugh appointed, get another one appointed when Ginsburg finally falls off the perch. Let's be real, you really believe "Boy, we got two old white conservative judges!" is going to comfort you at night down in the suburbs when a paedophile moves into your neighbourhood and starts propositioning the local 13 year olds and you can't do shit about it because he's Muslim?

It's also why I laugh when I hear that "Oh, Trump's got the Cuban vote! Oh, Trump's got the Venezuelan refugee vote!" Bitch, Trump is not coming down to the neighbourhood to stop Miguel selling crack there, and your local Republican rep wouldn't be seen dead in there either. They like Trump because he let them into the country or doesn't stop them doing what they're doing, it doesn't mean they give a fuck for Republicans or their stances. But you know who would be seen down the hood? Someone like AOC. Which doesn't make her a saint or anything other than watermelon communist, it means she actually went into the fucking ghetto and spoke Spanish to motherfuckers down there. That's what the Right has to do. It has to build coalitions, and do it better than the Left does. It has to stop branding itself as the last redoubt for white men, because it's not and it never will be. At best it's the last redoubt for (((certain ethnicities))), or at least it seems so given what they do. And the Right will only start building coalitions once it figures out how to start walking around the neighbourhood and getting to know the other ethnic assholes living there, once it has the courage to ask said ethnic assholes, "Yo, Jiang, they're planning on importing a hundred thousand dumb Cambodians to your suburb, do you want to help doing something about it?" When it gets down into the suburbs having coffees and cookies with Miguel and Jiang and Obie and the subject turns to how the local fucking government is cutting down all the trees in the local park. When it starts leading those groups. When it starts the act of real ground game: the sort of ground game that doesn't work from basements or from pontificating on reddit or brutal individualism.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (03-01-2019 10:05 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Frankly, you've done quite a lot to change the world and the ripples of your past actions are still having an effect today.

Your best days, new books, and even more avant garde advice are still ahead of you.

We are in a lull right now.

A time to exhale... and a time to inhale. Bulk and cut.

I'm feeling pretty damned good about the future, despite my apparent black pilledness, and current cynicism on the recent past. The dead wood is being cut away. Then the phoenix rises from the fire.

I don't think there is much of a "manosphere" anymore.
It started with the Roissysphere, when Roissy took PUA ideas and combined it with what Michele Houellebecq was saying in his novels. That spurred a huge amount of ideological innovation, and then the splinterings happened withinin two years. The PUA, MGTOW, and Men's Rights branches constantly attacked each other. There was a rightful backlash to the over commercializtion of PUA (I'm thinking RSD and $3,000 bootcamps), giving rise to more holistic "red pill" communities, particularly on Return Of Kings and Reddit, but that is fading now as ROK is closed and /r/TheRedPill was quarantined. A lot of eyeballs were also diverted to the Alt Right, but even that sphere is struggling after the disaster of Charlottesville. Now incels are growing fastest in number due to structural changes in the culture and a rise in autism. There is definitely a black pill element to the existing masculine spheres because of how bad things are getting, and how hard game is for men who are average or below average in value. The good news is that red pill and PUA ideas are essentially baked into the masculine side of the culture.
As for myself, I have no strong manosphere allies or ideological adherence. I write what interests me most without worrying about the overall direction of the culture. 21 Convention is carrying the "manosphere" label for mostly commercial ends, but they are allowing some good thinkers (e.g. Donovan Sharpe) to produce content for a living. Time will see if they last. Now I'm just going it alone with my followers. Turns out we don't really need anyone else to share our ideas or connect with each other, and I'm fine having a more "local" effect than trying to change the world.

As technology and intrusive politics continues to rot away at every major social institution... something like RFV could replace the old organizations like the Masons.

I don't what more people expect red pill guys like Roosh to do. They've given us all the knowledge we need to become authentic, masculine, strong men.

Ultimately, you have to put it into action and become a powerful man yourself.

If enough men can actually take those steps, then maybe mainstream culture can change.

Fact remains though that 80% of western men are absolute wimps who are happy with the comforts given to them.

OP seems to frame the rvf like his own personal clown or version of Netflix that's failing to appease him.

>6 posts
>"I'm out!"

Was he ever in?

Roosh is a sinking ship? Roosh and the forum is what got me OFF the sinking ship i.e. mainstream blue pill society.