rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Politicization of Dietary and Nutrition Advice

I've been seeing a lot more in the media recently about how people should avoid eating meat and dairy, not so much for health, but because of "climate change". Anyone else notice this?

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (02-26-2019 12:13 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  

I've been seeing a lot more in the media recently about how people should avoid eating meat and dairy, not so much for health, but because of "climate change". Anyone else notice this?

Isn't this because of the New green deal?

Yes, Cory Spartacus Booker is one of those championing the cause.

I can’t see how vegetarianism directly ties into leftist globalhomo thinking. Maybe animal protein makes men more masculine? Maybe a move away from using animals makes people more placid and pacifist?

I do see lots of Hollywood and music celebrities promoting vegetarianism and veganism, so there is definitely a group-think virtue signaling thing going on. Run of the mill, useful idiot leftists feel a greater sense of moral superiority if they are vegetarian like their favorite stars.

Nutrition is one of those fields where no one knows what they're talking about. I remember reading articles about coffee causing cancer. Now they recommend like 5 cups a day lol. You really have to experiment with foods and figure out what best works for you and your body.

Quote: (02-26-2019 12:24 PM)CaptainCup Wrote:  

I can’t see how vegetarianism directly ties into leftist globalhomo thinking. Maybe animal protein makes men more masculine? Maybe a move away from using animals makes people more placid and pacifist?

This is it, IMO. And it also ties in with Agenda 21--a wholly urbanized global population still needs nutrients, but plants can be grown, harvested, and processed almost entirely by machinery whereas animals need a greater deal of human oversight.

My hunch is that their end goal is a society where only the elites will be allowed to/can afford to eat meat.

I got my Magnum condoms, I got my wad of hundreds, I'm ready to plow!

Yes. Was thinking about this before. Vegetable food is cheaper, more scalable, and easier to produce. Control over what we eat is another step towards total control.

Anything you see regarding climate change, disregard.

Anything you see regarding nutrition, if it's coming from a government source, disregard. Listen to the Rogan interviews with various nutrition people and formulate your own opinion (most likely, cut out sugars and grains).

I'd generally say, if the government or government-backed organization is offering you advice, don't waste your time. My state backs the Lottery...sucks off of poor people to pay for teachers to retire at 53 years old with pension. If you listened to shills, the lottery is a good thing and teachers don't get paid enough.
Just a quick example off the top of my head. My advice would be to not play the lottery and be a teacher, get summers off and retire early.

My mom is a simple woman. Smarter than she thinks she is, but no education beyond high school. I know when I was growing up during the low fat, meat is bad, cholesterol is bad, lie lie lie phase in the 90s, she didn't buy it. She just knew low fat was horse shit, because it wasn't natural to take all the fat out of what nature provides. So we drank vitamin D milk, at real butter, greasy eggs and bacon, veggies. It's simple. If she'd blindly followed what "they" told her, we'd have been eating sugars and grains and not getting proper dietary cholesterol intake.

Be your own person.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Weston Price was a dentist who wrote the only book worth reading on nutrition, back in the 1920's where he travelled to unexplored parts of the world with his wife like Indiana Jones, places and people that were still untouched by modern civilization and are now mostly gone and what did he see? Perfect Hollywood smiles and wide faces, strong facial development, straight teeth, cavities were 1 in 200 as opposed to 1 in 5. Its fucking shocking.

Within a generation of intro to modern food, their health went to shit and many teeth came in crooked, whereas it hardly existed before (as described in the book along with photographic evidence)

Its lucky he did his work when he did, probably the last time a study like this could and will ever be done without (((pharma and institutes of health/balanced diets)))

I can not recommend this enough, its a bible and it should be slung at every person alive for free, my highest recommendation:

https://www.amazon.com/Nutrition-Physica...op?ie=UTF8

[Image: 51yKpLlt2CL._SX335_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

In book:

[Image: fig29.jpg]

[Image: 1443355666016.jpg]

More info

http://www.yourreturn.org/Health-Childre...isease.htm

Its the reddest and blackest pill on nutrition you will ever read, all the needless suffering being caused even to wealthy intelligent people who should know better, look at James Cameron (and Arnie) for that matter they look thinner from veganism but not healthy, now look at the people in those photos do they look more like the top or the bottom to you?

Nutrition has always had its share of crackpots. Careful which path you follow and don't categorically dismiss every actual medical opinion as part of some illuminati scam. Sometimes they know what they're talking about; sometimes they're just stubborn.

But I'm as skeptical of trend riding health nuts pushing books and supplements with zero basis for their claims. Ditto for greenies telling me to save the planet by putting my trash in a different color bin and that eating meat is worse for the environment than restricting myself to "organically" (expensively & inefficiently) farmed vegetables. Marketing hype interferes with evidence.

Quote: (02-26-2019 02:14 PM)Syberpunk Wrote:  

Weston Price was a dentist who wrote the only book worth reading on nutrition, back in the 1920's where he travelled to unexplored parts of the world with his wife like Indiana Jones, places and people that were still untouched by modern civilization and are now mostly gone and what did he see? Perfect Hollywood smiles and wide faces, strong facial development, straight teeth, cavities were 1 in 200 as opposed to 1 in 5. Its fucking shocking.

Within a generation of intro to modern food, their health went to shit and many teeth came in crooked, whereas it hardly existed before (as described in the book along with photographic evidence)

Its lucky he did his work when he did, probably the last time a study like this could and will ever be done without (((pharma and institutes of health/balanced diets)))

I can not recommend this enough, its a bible and it should be slung at every person alive for free, my highest recommendation:

https://www.amazon.com/Nutrition-Physica...op?ie=UTF8

[Image: 51yKpLlt2CL._SX335_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

In book:

[Image: fig29.jpg]

[Image: 1443355666016.jpg]

More info

http://www.yourreturn.org/Health-Childre...isease.htm

Its the reddest and blackest pill on nutrition you will ever read, all the needless suffering being caused even to wealthy intelligent people who should know better, look at James Cameron (and Arnie) for that matter they look thinner from veganism but not healthy, now look at the people in those photos do they look more like the top or the bottom to you?

I believe this book was the basis for this guys program - he claims it helps develop the face and teeth properly. It's been helping my girlfriend and myself.

Thanks for that book recommendation, looks like a definite must buy.

"Women however should get a spanking at least once a week by their husbands and boyfriends - that should be mandated by law" - Zelcorpion

Recently I believe it was both Forbes and The Economist who proclaimed 2019 would be “the year of the vegan.” I’ve been meaning to start a thread on veganism since hearing this, but haven’t got around to it. But yes, we’re now seeing the politicization of veganism as the moral and ethical choice because “cow farts”, and environmental sustainability.

Here’s the problem with veganism. There’s no 100% vegan indigenous culture anywhere. Veganism as practiced now is only possible due to the modern world we live in. Vegans buy all manner of exotic fruits and vegetables, many of which aren’t just from other countries, but other continents. They love to tell you how their food is organic, non gmo, etc. what they don’t tell you is their food is harvested by slave laborers in the the third world, and flown or shipped thousands of miles to their Whole Foods or other preferred overpriced grocer. This kind of shit is possible because only 1-2% of the population are vegan. What happens if you double or triple those numbers? The exotic fruit prices skyrocket, and many people have to have a vegan diet largely based on gmo corn, soy, and wheat.

As far as cow farts go, they’re clinging to a study that came out around 2007 which claimed that cow farts produce 20% of greenhouse emissions. It was debunked within a few weeks. As for farting itself, vegans fart and shit almost nonstop. Seriously. Most people have one bowel movement per day. It’s not unusual for vegans to have 3-4 major blowout dumps every day.

Veganism also requires supplementing. Vegans constantly pop vitamins, pro biotics, and add protein powders to their 1/2 gallon vegan smoothies they drink daily.

And before anyone tells me about vegan power lifters, go look up Dianabol and Trenbolone.

I can rant all day on vegans, and the globalist push to lower testosterone and depopulate the planet.

Quote: (02-26-2019 03:55 PM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Recently I believe it was both Forbes and The Economist who proclaimed 2019 would be “the year of the vegan.” I’ve been meaning to start a thread on veganism since hearing this, but haven’t got around to it. But yes, we’re now seeing the politicization of veganism as the moral and ethical choice because “cow farts”, and environmental sustainability.

Here’s the problem with veganism. There’s no 100% vegan indigenous culture anywhere. Veganism as practiced now is only possible due to the modern world we live in. Vegans buy all manner of exotic fruits and vegetables, many of which aren’t just from other countries, but other continents. They love to tell you how their food is organic, non gmo, etc. what they don’t tell you is their food is harvested by slave laborers in the the third world, and flown or shipped thousands of miles to their Whole Foods or other preferred overpriced grocer. This kind of shit is possible because only 1-2% of the population are vegan. What happens if you double or triple those numbers? The exotic fruit prices skyrocket, and many people have to have a vegan diet largely based on gmo corn, soy, and wheat.

As far as cow farts go, they’re clinging to a study that came out around 2007 which claimed that cow farts produce 20% of greenhouse emissions. It was debunked within a few weeks. As for farting itself, vegans fart and shit almost nonstop. Seriously. Most people have one bowel movement per day. It’s not unusual for vegans to have 3-4 major blowout dumps every day.

Veganism also requires supplementing. Vegans constantly pop vitamins, pro biotics, and add protein powders to their 1/2 gallon vegan smoothies they drink daily.

And before anyone tells me about vegan power lifters, go look up Dianabol and Trenbolone.

I can rant all day on vegans, and the globalist push to lower testosterone and depopulate the planet.

Its ok that I'm living in the northern hemisphere as a vegan circa 10,000 BC, after all I'm going to pick my B12 and B complex vitamins dangling like brown earrings off the nearest shrub. In winter. Very natural.

Oh jeez would you look at that, they dissolved in the rain........

Humans are and always have been omnivores. We killed other animals for meat to survive for millions upon millions of years... while also incorporating vegetables into our diet for nutrients not obtainable from meat and to get by when meat was not available. Animal products and non-animal products are complementary to, not exclusionary of, the other.

Only in the past few decades there has been a rise in those who believe this strategy which has been the human race's dietary modus operandi is not the way to go. They have shunned it and encouraged others to do so as well, while sometimes showing plainly visible signs of malnutrition themselves due to their newfangled diet–and somehow the latter observation gets swept under the rug.
I also harbor no delusions as to the absolute state of the modern meat industry and factory-farming. The Jungle and Fast Food Nation have outlined those travesties very clearly. But to eschew meat "for the animals and the environment" is nonsensical if doing so deprives me of what I need to survive–it's just one's basic self-preservation instincts working as they should.

Quote: (02-26-2019 12:24 PM)CaptainCup Wrote:  

In short, yes. Meat is second only to shellfish in amount of zinc it has, which as we know, increases testosterone. Today testosterone and anything masculine is "toxic".

Come to think of it, it's not the first time food was used to pacify men. With the protestant revolution, hops became popular for making beer due to its calming nature.

In addition to what you said, there is also soy with its estrogen. Take away meat, promote soy, and you have 1% per year drop in testosterone levels. Just as man-hating feminists demanded.

Because men are less male, they are more accepting of homosexuality, becoming gays themselves. The homosexuality rates have increased as of late, if I remember correctly.

Is it clear now?

Quote: (02-26-2019 12:44 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

Nutrition is one of those fields where no one knows what they're talking about. I remember reading articles about coffee causing cancer. Now they recommend like 5 cups a day lol. You really have to experiment with foods and figure out what best works for you and your body.

That's because in the 70s, when this study was done, the scientists did not account for cigarette smoking, which was commonly combined with coffee. When this was done, coffee became healthy. Another reversal is in 2015 with cholesterol. Next one coming will be saturated fat. Far, far off is sugar, and it will be a battle worthy of tobacco.
This reflects more on the state of science, with it's fraud and incompetence, rather than knowledge.

I am afraid that women appreciate cruelty, downright cruelty, more than anything else. They have wonderfully primitive instincts. We have emancipated them, but they remain slaves looking for their masters all the same. They love being dominated.
--Oscar Wilde

I've already got the zingy phrases worked out for the saturated fat flip-flop:

Butter is better.
Don't let that tallow lie fallow.
Schmaltz has no faults.

Well spotted OP

I too have noticed this is the latest item on the agenda - converting everyone to a soylent green diet - "for the earth"

I'm not going to start eating tofu until the elephant in the room of logarithmic pop growth and unfettered immigration is addressed - "for the earth".

Quote: (02-26-2019 06:21 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Well spotted OP

I too have noticed this is the latest item on the agenda - converting everyone to a soylent green diet - "for the earth"

I'm not going to start eating tofu until the elephant in the room of logarithmic pop growth and unfettered immigration is addressed - "for the earth".
Soylent Green would be a blessing in comparison as it was made from whole food animal products (people) versus soy which is estrogen and some protein with poor bioavailability.

It's all about control.

Money.
Social media.
Lifestyles.
Travel & movements.
Voting.
Vaccinations.
Medical treatments.

It's all about control.

In 5 years your pals are going go around looking emaciated and extolling the virtues of veganism. Just like joggers do today with their sickly AIDS looking bodies.

Go to YouTube. No shortage of emaciated vegans proselytizing about the lifestyle.

I highly doubt that there is a conspiracy/movement or a cabal sitting in a dark room plotting to remove animal products from the modern diet to keep men "weak" and "low T." First of all, the meat/dairy industries are huge money and have big lobbies that are in bed with the FDA, big pharma, etc. If anything, overconsumption of these keeps people fat and unhealthy, and thus weak and sick. Also a big cash cow (heh) for the medical profit complex.

It's not an issue of veganism being "unnatural" or humans being omnivores; the issue is massive overconsumption of animal products and the bad quality thereof. A good comparison is tobacco. Back in the early days, people didn't smoke as much, and what they did smoke was pure leaf without all the chemicals and bullshit additives that are put in cigs today that make them much more massively unhealthy. In the past people really didn't eat as much meat or animal products because it was hard to hunt the beasts, then you had to make fire to cook it, and then there wasn't really a good way to store or preserve it, etc. Obviously modern technology has fixed all this for us and loaded them up with chemicals, preservatives, oils, hormones, etc. I'd be surprised if there's not already a forum post about the state of the American diet and how a large (heh) portion of America are total fat fucks.

@PorscheGuy: to say "Here’s the problem with veganism. There’s no 100% vegan indigenous culture anywhere. Veganism as practiced now is only possible due to the modern world we live in" is kind of absurd, because it's only in this modern world that we are able to literally fly to another country overnight, or literally get in our car and drive across the country in a matter of days. Modernity and technology has changed every facet of our daily lives and while there are some decent cases against veganism I think that one is pretty weak. A lot of the stuff we do today is not "natural." That doesn't make it wrong or bad or right or good. Just some food for thought for ya [Image: smile.gif]

I've made posts in slightly-above-neutral-but-not-rabid support of veganism on this forum before only because I've had some very positive exposure to it through people I know (I personally consume animal products myself). Obviously the liberals and SJW's have given it a bad name, but I will say that I've fucked vegans and non-vegans, and the vegans ate a plant based diet always had a healthier vibe and clean smelling breath/pussies. As with anything, moderation is key

@BlastbeatCasanova

Just wanted to point out that eating animals is deeply engrained in our evolutionary history. Chimpanzees, who share an evolutionary ancestor with modern humans, are actually known to engage in opportunistic hunting, eating smaller animals. Humans, and previous hominids, have been ingesting animal protein for millions of years.

Agriculture, on the other hand, is maybe only 20,000 years old, and produces inferior quality protein (e.g. soy, lentils, etc.).

There is something to be said for the notion that we are designed to eat meat. From an evolutionary standpoint, I cannot foresee soy products increasing human reproductive success.

Guys, didn't you know... it takes 1 acre of grains to raise 1 egg, 100 acres to raise a chicken, which could produce 1M loaves of bread instead, and, get this, 1M acres of grain and 500M litres of fresh mountain glacier water to produce a single pound of beef! If you eat meat, it means you are killing the entire rainforest... and that's a fact!

Quote: (02-26-2019 10:18 PM)CaptainCup Wrote:  

@BlastbeatCasanova

Just wanted to point out that eating animals is deeply engrained in our evolutionary history. Chimpanzees, who share an evolutionary ancestor with modern humans, are actually known to engage in opportunistic hunting, eating smaller animals. Humans, and previous hominids, have been ingesting animal protein for millions of years.

Agriculture, on the other hand, is maybe only 20,000 years old, and produces inferior quality protein (e.g. soy, lentils, etc.).

There is something to be said for the notion that we are designed to eat meat. From an evolutionary standpoint, I cannot foresee soy products increasing human reproductive success.

You make a solid point, but they key word is "opportunistic:"

Quote:Quote:

Partially lapsed vegetarians, chimps eat meat. Seven kinds of primates, including their favorite, red colobus monkeys (Procolobus rufomitratus tephrosceles) are on the menu as are three other mammal species. But most chimps don’t eat such meaty treats often. Three percent of the average chimp diet comes from meat. On average, nine days a year are meat days for chimps. But because chimps don’t share perfectly, most chimps probably gets less than this. [X]

The Jane Goodall Institute says it's more like 5-8% [X]

The thing about our evolutionary is history is that it is just that, "history." Things change, humans evolve and we will do things different and/or better to (hopefully) optimize our survival, health, and comfort.

And you're right about soy. I do however think you can get sufficient protein from lentils, seitan, chickpeas, nuts, and other sources that won't cause hormonal imbalances. Thanks to the internet there are many resources on how to do this. I think a big misconception here is that being "vegan" means being healthy. This is actually not the case, as one could drink beer and eat french fries + processed food everyday and call themselves a vegan. This is why there is the normie view of the skinny-fat gross vegan "soyboy." A better term and healthier lifestyle would be "plant-based" and not involve processed foods/soy/tofu/etc.

Look, I'm not trying to convert anyone. I do enjoy playing the devil's advocate a bit and challenging people's beliefs on this subject because I have learned a lot and been interested in this subject for a little while recently. I haven't tried cutting out meat and dairy due to my current living situation, so I can't speak on the personal effects of this style of diet, I'm only coming from a place of research and what I've seen in some people I know very well.

I want to look young and healthy for as long as possible so I can bang young hot girls as I age out of my youth. If I could be convinced that switching to a plant-based/vegan diet would help me achieve that, I would definitely give it a shot and try and stick with it. I mean look at Steve-o, he looks pretty damn good these days.

[Image: DlkkKihVsAAgZzm.jpg]

Quitting drugs probably helped too. From googling him to find that pic it seems he has consumed fish recently, much to the wrath of the vegan army.

OK I'm done riffing on this for the evening, everyone have a great night