rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Visions of a World Before SJWs & #MeToo

I was up late channel-surfing and came upon an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. There was a police interrogation with a teenager and the detective said something like this:

"We often get calls for molestation but it turns out the guy was just trying to pick her up and she took it the wrong way."

When I heard that line I immediately thought. WOW, is that not the complete opposite of how something like that is treated today. Compare that sentiment to the Gillette ad where "picking up" is now classified as harassment suitable of citizen-cop intervention. The funny thing is if a SJW saw that scene they would have been triggered...hard.

But not everything has to be that old to remind us of a world that no longer exists. Earlier tonight for some odd reason I started watching Charo videos because her husband just committed suicide. (Don't sue me, I'm old enough to remember who she is.)

Here you have a woman who has made a career out of being the butt (no pun intended) of sexist jokes but at the same time is an accomplished guitarist.

So I wound up on the MDA telethon from 2000 and Jerry Lewis is laying down one lecherous joke after another. A few of the jokes seemed a little rude to me, to be honest, and that was during a period where a lot of people were wondering whether he was starting to lose his marbles, but you can't get away with anything like that these days.

It seems like the cultural demarcation line started maybe 10 years ago and then broadens bigtime right after Trump is elected.

I was thinking maybe this thread would be a good place to drop similar observations of pop culture that wouldn't fly these days. I'm not just talking about material that would have been deemed sexist even 40+ years ago under 1st wave feminism. I'm talking stuff that should still be treated as harmless humor or common-sensical attitudes but which are now verboten. The more recent the better in order to illustrate that things have veered off course rather than being a gradual.

Great idea for a post.

I feel this way about '80s teen movies. A lot of them made larger points through very politically incorrect humor. These days, the humor wouldn't fly and you'd just get a bunch of earnest preachiness.

Some examples include "The Malibu Bikini Shop," "Hardbodies," "The Last American Virgin," and "Heaven Help Us."

#metoo and the SJW thought police evolved out of the larger concept of political correctness, which came from colleges. By banning words and phrases, they're essentially banning thought since we think in words. This is why all of this is so annoying.

This was all a gradual process. The more idiots who went through the modern-day diploma mills (i.e. colleges in the U.S.), the more our society came to be dominated by humorless drones who insist on "rightthink."

I made the mistake of wasting my time by commenting on a glowing essay about the Gillette ad, posted via a popular FB page. There were plenty of responses and discussion about SJW's and whatnot. I had the outrageous nerve to say that, just maybe, there's more than one side to a story, in defense of a fellow that was asking questions that were challenging the obvious fanboys and virtue signalers. I got pounced on by a couple white knight dudes as well as a couple raving lunatic feminists.

I guess where I'm going with this reply is that, yeah, the culture here in America has changed so much that I don't even recognize it anymore. I'm 50 years old, by the way. I remember Charo, the inescapable Jerry Lewis telethons ...

I'm gonna watch Robert Palmer's "Simply Irresistible" video now and remember the good old days.

Little Britain, a once popular sketch comedy that last aired only ~15 years ago, will probably never be on TV again. Examples include:

Transvestites;

"Blackfacing";

Gay stereotypes;

And some casual racism:

All of this is clearly light-hearted, but thanks to today's liberal fucktards classic British comedy such as the above will never be recreated. It truly is amazing how over-PC society has become in literally just over a decade. In the context of the UK, I guess we have the Labour Government's open-door immigration policy to thank for that...

Seth seems to be able to keep threading the needle on The Orville but the We Saw Your Boobs song from 2013 is probably the end of the line of this sort of envelope-pushing on mainstream TV, especially since the Oscars have become ground zero for Virtue Signalling (Shape Of Water, Inclusion Riders, etc....)

I've mentioned this elsewhere but Archer would NEVER get greenlit in today's political climate and is just still on TV by virtue of it already being established.

"Green Wing" might be the most red pilled comedy of all time. From 2004 to 2007.

Set in a hospital where no doctor gives a shit about patients, and everyone tries to fuck each other and the strong prey on the weak, it spews truth right and left in the most politically incorrect ways from morning till night.

Some clips.

Blatant sexual harassment by a woman:

Homo shaming:

Fat shaming:

Women being honest about female nature:

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Comedy was so free and authentic when I was growing up. I loved Benny Hill, Morecambe & Wise, The Two Ronnies, Kenny Everett. It was crude, vulgar and unsophisticated, but I loved it nevertheless.

I hate modern tv 'comedy'. Trendy, lefty, spiteful, hateful people constantly looking to score political or ideological points.

I genuinely feel sorry for kids these days having to grow up with nothing worth laughing at.

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin
To worry about history’ – Tim Allen

Perhaps a little obvious, but the first thing that came to mind.

Mel Brooks humor was the epitome of feminist triggering.

When you slide back to the 70s and 80s this sort of stuff was the norm. Since one would expect culture to change over the course of a generation, that isn't as much of a litmus test as stuff that's more recent that makes you think "gee, I don't think that would fly anymore". Like the American Pie / Fockers type sex comedies. I think those are on the outs now. Sex comedies are now only allowed with a female "no slut-shaming allowed!" lead (like Amy Schumer). Anything that comes at it from the perspective of male libido / male gaze is considered sexist.

Even some early episodes of The Office could never be aired today.

A lot of things changed around 2007-2008. I think it's the combination of the Obama election plus the iPhone (which ushered in the smartphone era). We're still feeling the one-two punch of a subversive marxist president plus a ubiquitous device which had huge (and mostly negative) social impacts.

Culturally, the difference between 1985 and 2005 is about half that of 2006 and 2016.

Quote: (02-20-2019 11:13 AM)debeguiled Wrote:  

"Green Wing" might be the most red pilled comedy of all time. From 2004 to 2007.

To think this was just over 10 years ago (mid 2000's to 2008), being from Ireland all the great comedians we had went there, the UK had Frankie Boyle weekly, who just blew everyone away with his ball achingly funny no fucks given one liners and smug smile after them, even the other comedians knew he was too good for them and are busting their gut, yet they appreciated the competition and they all tried to one up him. The IT Crowd also (which are leftie created series, that were hilarious and non pc)

There is no poltical comedy left in the UK and Ireland that sears those in power or opposition, its legitimately gone. Its possibly replaced by weak meme culture because they nobody has the balls to do it in person.

the follow up, she has the strength of a man:

Married With Children was amazing, I used to watch this as a young kid in the late 80s/early 90s, this show would never be allaowed on TV today:

Quote: (02-20-2019 11:19 AM)Richard Turpin Wrote:  

Comedy was so free and authentic when I was growing up. I loved Benny Hill, Morecambe & Wise, The Two Ronnies, Kenny Everett. It was crude, vulgar and unsophisticated, but I loved it nevertheless.

Don’t forget Spike Milligan.

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth

Agreed, shit on TV used to be funny and dare I say "edgy." Not anymore.

I know it's been mentioned on this forum before but I'd highly recommend Eastbound and Down. Pretty RP for a TV show and they pushed the boundaries even back then

For anyone who likes edgy, politically incorrect, yet (to me) wholesome humor, I can't recommend Nick Krauser's blog enough(I would expect you need to be right leaning to enjoy it though- otherwise you'll be triggered and/or uncomfortable). Often even 2 or 3 posts are enough to send me into a good mood and really start giggling.

Not normally a fan of Jordan Peterson, but he has a good video interview talking about why the SJWism in workplaces is hypocrisy and why it's unnatural to expect rigid following of SJW dictates in the workplace. Summary below:

Quote:Quote:

Peterson poses a question to the interviewer when they are talking about sexual harassment in the workplace. He agrees that sexual harassment must stop, but that it won’t, at least not anytime soon.

When pressed about his belief that sexual harassment won’t end in the near future, Peterson points out that no one knows what the rules are. He proposes that a change could start with one rule: How about no makeup in the workplace? Why do women wear makeup?

Lipstick turns your lips red, which is what happens during sexual arousal. He goes on to ask why women wear high heels. He points out that high heels force the pelvis to tilt forward and accentuate the hip movement.

Peterson states that women who wear makeup and high heels at work are not asking to be harassed, but he does point out that people display hypocrisy when they apply these sexual signals.

Peterson elaborates on his statement by saying that the rules aren’t clear since men and women have only been working together for about 40 years.

Don Rickles couldn't exist as a comedian in today's world.

Nobody was safe from Don:

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

Lord of the Rings would have never been allowed to be made today. It had not one single non-white person in that film.

Braveheart would have never been allowed to be made today. It had not one single non-white person in that film.

In both films, it showed Europeans standing together and fighting for their tribes, patriotically and without shame.

That cannot be allowed to happen today. The outcry over Dunkirk was insane, God forbid we show the world that Europe was actually 99% European a mere 75 years ago.

Blacks are the most over represented racial group in the American media. If you only watched the media, you would think blacks make up at least 50% of the population when in reality, they are only 13% of the population.

It's basically not allowed to have a movie or a TV show with at least one black person in it. I have no qualms about having media outlets produce content with 100% of blacks, Asians or hispanics. Everybody should have something that they can relate to.

My only gripe is, it's also ok to produce content with 100% of whites in it. Whatever. At least they haven't scrubbed the classics from existence, although I'm sure that will come over time.

Classic tranny mocking from Monty Python in 1979:

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (02-20-2019 06:06 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Classic tranny mocking from Monty Python in 1979:

Scene from Crocodille Dundee that had me rolling in laughter when he was trying to figure out if it was a tranny.

God bless whoever made that film. It would not be made today.

Here we have an old Dennis Miller late night talk show.

Norm MacDonald stepped on some toes recently and took a lot of #metoo SJW flack.

What is interesting to me, is I was thinking that Norm was just uncensored and letting it all fly. Then when you look at the jokes from '98, todays' Norm looks like a puss

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin

Quote: (02-20-2019 07:31 PM)NoMoreTO Wrote:  

Here we have an old Dennis Miller late night talk show.

Norm MacDonald stepped on some toes recently and took a lot of #metoo SJW flack.

What is interesting to me, is I was thinking that Norm was just uncensored and letting it all fly. Then when you look at the jokes from '98, todays' Norm looks like a puss

Vintage Norm is gold. He shitted on everyone, but for some reason, OJ a lot:

First thing that came to my mind was Trading Places. A classic poking fun at both white and black stereotypes - today, it would cause an SJW uproar.

Lets not forget the classic comedy from Comedy Central golden age with red pilling here and there: The Tough Crowd