rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Twins don't get the same results from DNA ancestry tests

Looks like the test results are not that consistent...

Quote:Quote:

One set of identical twins, two different ancestry profiles.

At least that's the suggestion from one of the world's largest ancestry DNA testing companies.

Last spring, Marketplace host Charlsie Agro and her twin sister, Carly, bought home kits from AncestryDNA, MyHeritage, 23andMe, FamilyTreeDNA and Living DNA, and mailed samples of their DNA to each company for analysis.

Despite having virtually identical DNA, the twins did not receive matching results from any of the companies.

In most cases, the results from the same company traced each sister's ancestry to the same parts of the world — albeit by varying percentages.

But the results from California-based 23andMe seemed to suggest each twin had unique twists in their ancestry composition.

According to 23andMe's findings, Charlsie has nearly 10 per cent less "broadly European" ancestry than Carly. She also has French and German ancestry (2.6 per cent) that her sister doesn't share.

The identical twins also apparently have different degrees of Eastern European heritage — 28 per cent for Charlsie compared to 24.7 per cent for Carly. And while Carly's Eastern European ancestry was linked to Poland, the country was listed as "not detected" in Charlsie's results.

"The fact that they present different results for you and your sister, I find very mystifying," said Dr. Mark Gerstein, a computational biologist at Yale University.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/dna-a...-1.4980976

I ordered a 23 & Me kit not long ago but I returned it after realizing that I would have no assurance of them keeping my DNA data safe.

Those DNA kits are a joke, I bet if you sent another sample of your DNA you'd get different results.

Roosh you're absolutely right in thinking they won't keep your DNA safe.

There's no way in hell I've give bio data voluntarily, same shit with the thumb print or face scanner to unlock your iPhone.

Quote: (02-08-2019 04:35 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I ordered a 23 & Me kit not long ago but I returned it after realizing that I would have no assurance of them keeping my DNA data safe.

Do not send your DNA to anybody. Don't post pictures of yourself to social media.

They already have most people's fingerprints when you cross a border and enter a country. I have to comply with these rules because I want to get to where I'm going, but a lot of people voluntarily give information up about themselves. Facial recognition is now a thing. Don't volunteer for extra scrutiny.

DNA ancestry tests are a bonanza for the police state.

They can "solve" a crime by linking your dna to a crime scene. Whether or not it actually happened.

I took a one of those. The ethnicity that my dad is showed at well over 50%, which doesn't really add up unless my mom has some of that ethnicity in her, which I'm pretty sure she does not. I'm sure it's generally accurate but not perfect.

I always thought those things were sketchy.

Fuck that noise. I dont even give my real phone number when they ask for it at Staples or Office Depot...I give em Kaotic's. (BTW you prolly have a shit load of rewards points there...youre welcome)

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

If DNA tests can be bungled this badly, imagine how often other lab tests — blood tests, drug tests, biopsies, etc. — are screwed up and yield false results.

I really want one of these test though.

I'm 1/1024 sure of it.

It IS genetically possible for twins to have 2 differents fathers if the mother was a slut, and was banged out (and blasted into) by different 2 men at different times in the same week. The official term for this is superfecundation.

However, this is rare.....and in this case if the twins are really identical I think it proves these ancestry DNA companies are bullshit.

Some examples of superfecundation type twins from unfaithful slutty mothers:

[Image: kaksoset.jpg]

[Image: 0df283b2d6cc05f771e0117972810f18.jpg?w=540&ssl=1]

[Image: marcus-mum-charlotte-and-lucas-889066023.jpg]

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: blackwhiteBPM_450x250.jpg]

[Image: Twins.jpg]

[Image: twins-pic_1024.jpg]

Quote: (02-08-2019 08:50 PM)Caduceus Wrote:  

It IS genetically possible for twins to have 2 differents fathers if the mother was a slut, and was banged out (and blasted into) by different 2 men at different times in the same week. The official term for this is superfecundation.

However, this is rare.....and in this case I think it proves these ancestry DNA companies are bullshit.

Some examples of superfecundation type twins from unfaithful slutty mothers:

[Image: Twins-diff-fathers.jpg]

[Image: 0df283b2d6cc05f771e0117972810f18.jpg?w=540&ssl=1]

[Image: marcus-mum-charlotte-and-lucas-889066023.jpg]

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: blackwhiteBPM_450x250.jpg]

[Image: Twins.jpg]

[Image: twins-pic_1024.jpg]

Not from identical twins. Fraternal only. This was done with identical twins.

Quote: (02-08-2019 09:09 PM)realologist Wrote:  

Yes, I know.
But sometimes "identical" twins find out they're not identical like in the cases above, especially if the mother is trying to hide her whore-like past behaviour.

I believe that introns and other "junk" DNA (amazing that that's what it was referred to, as if it's just superfluous genetic coding) are variable in identical twins, that is, they absolutely can be distinguished via PCR.

Not trying to start another thread, but non coding DNA (promoters) is another huge difference among races, and actually is far more susceptible to mutation, especially over thousands of years, given that DNA repair enzymes do not "fix" these regions. They are the very regions that regulate the gene expression. Interesting stuff.

Could be the result of Microchimerism

Some say the DNA of past partners is stored in the female and traits can be passed on years later even to "your" kids.

I already did the 23andme DNA testing.

I first I questioned it because it gave me a clearly incorrect result but it was trying to mesh my mom and dad's ancestry. Dad being Middle Eastern and mom being Northern European.

Not too sure of the algorithm but I believe it took markers from both parents and tried to put me into a "specific" dominant ethnic group that included markers for both.

However, once I used the raw data in other calculators it gave me a dead on assessment.

Recently 23andme updated their data pool and it pretty much is dead on accurate for me. Bonus - I got to meet a long lost 2nd cousin whose wedding I went to this last year.

Yeah like I always wondered how they were able to be so ridiculously specific (you’re 21.5243% northwest pomeranian german!) when even homogenous national populations will have a shit ton of dna overlap with neighboring regions. I know there are certain haplogroups and then like some certain individual mutations you can track pretty closely but it makes a ton of sense to me their percentages are largely bullshit.

I will say like the advent of widespread genetic testing has been a huge support to the old and unfashionable traditional thinking on human racial groups - ie that there have been no super surprising results disproving national origin stories. We also totally would have found out if the jews were actually khazars by now so there’s that.

Quote: (02-08-2019 10:07 PM)Caduceus Wrote:  

Quote: (02-08-2019 09:09 PM)realologist Wrote:  

Yes, I know.
But sometimes "identical" twins find out they're not identical like in the cases above, especially if the mother is trying to hide her whore-like past behaviour.

Please give me an example. It's obvious whether people are identical twins or fraternal just from looking at them.

The most purplexing part is you're questioning me and their twin type as opposed to these shitty DNA tests.

[Image: tard.gif]

I've read that girls absorb DNA from the men who ejaculate inside them. Could this account for at least some of the variance in their DNA tests?

Quote: (02-09-2019 11:45 AM)Marmite Wrote:  

I've read that girls absorb DNA from the men who ejaculate inside them. Could this account for at least some of the variance in their DNA tests?

Very possible.
The official term for this is telegony.

Roosh wrote a Return of kings article on this subject here:

http://www.returnofkings.com/70425/resea...x-partners

-

Quote: (02-09-2019 06:04 AM)realologist Wrote:  

Please give me an example. It's obvious whether people are identical twins or fraternal just from looking at them.

No.

Fraternal/sororal twins can often look so similiar people can mistake them for identical unless a genetic test is done. Also, sometimes differences in appearance only manifest in puberty or adulthood.

Famous example:

Olsen twins - not identical but looked that way so much in childhood that they alternating playing only 1 child character (Michelle Tanner) on the TV show "full house". Unless you knew what was going on back then, you easily assumed it was only 1 child actress, not 2 alternating back and forth.

[Image: 55c651391700006e00566fd7.jpeg?cache=ckyi..._noupscale]

As adults now they don't look so identical anymore.

[Image: olsens.jpg]

I recall from a biology class I took in college that DNA tests aren't 100% accurate.

The professor did a test with those gel and die slots that showed tla potential inaccuracy . Cool stuff that made me really question the accuracy of such tests.

When they do these tests for courts they do a confidence rating and then double check it with another test agency to confirm. Someone with a biology background should extrapolate on this further.

I wouldn't be surprised if 23andme and the others had a comparatively low rating level to have such a fast turn around time. Granted, they're probably sending the samples to the government for a full analysis later.

I've read that the five-to-eight weeks delay is so that they can research your lineage on Ancestry.com. Forget who it was, but somebody ran an experiment where he didn't give them any personal information; they returned the results in a week, and the proposed ancestry was absurd.

Quote: (02-09-2019 12:13 PM)Aurini Wrote:  

I've read that the five-to-eight weeks delay is so that they can research your lineage on Ancestry.com. Forget who it was, but somebody ran an experiment where he didn't give them any personal information; they returned the results in a week, and the proposed ancestry was absurd.

Wasn't it revealed a while back that male feminists, SJWs, and (((others))) working at DNA profiling companies like this were adding small percentages of african/black and/or other non-white minority origins to user results, just to secretly fuck with customers perception of their identity ?

See Heartiste December 2017 blog post on this:

https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2017/12/...fake-news/

I believe the actual DNA results are accurate, and it's the nonsense where they try to guess your ancestry and break it down into percentages that isn't.

Seems within the margin of error.

Broadly European vs French/German, those mean the same, of course the latter is more specific, but not by much.