rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's a *realistic* ideal approach:close ratio?

Every how many girls who you approach should you be ideally getting a positive feedback from, and not blown off? At what ratio should you start to worry?

I am not talking about approach to lays, but rather closing - regardless of whether you are able to bang the girl later or not.

Another question: How many girls do you (or, should you) be approaching in a week?

I guess you are talking day?
why would you care if you get received positively but dont’bang her?
A lot of girls are going to be nice just to get out of what could be an awkward situation for them and agree to go out with you but never actually do it.
Actually I noticed that sometimes the one that seems to eager are the leads that go nowhere. If the girl looks a bit untrusty but somehow intereted is game one.

What is the point of stopping 100 girls and getting 100 numbers if you don’t get laid with any of them?

Approach to lay its the only stats you should care about and if you are less than 5% - 5 girls banged out of 100 approaches (which is already low) it means there is something wrong with you/your style.

I would actually say you want less but better quality leads so you can get better feedback on what kind of girls really like you and you dont spend a lot of time talking to girls that will not bang you.

Regarding your second question - It depends on you and your standard. I usually only approach girls when im going to gym/doing my shit and I might only approach 4 girls that I only consider really good looking in a couple of hours. I know other guys that do spam approach and in the same time period chat to 15 girls. I guess it depends on what you are comfortable with.
A bit of advice is if you spam approach dont do it always in the same place as workers will notice and also you might bump into the same girls and will look like a weirdo.

The problem with hard numbers is that they disregard all the factors that are unique to each one of us: place, level of game, kind of approach, execution, situation, type of girl we run into, your own SMV etc.

Instead measure where you're currently at and see if your ratio gets any better as time goes by. It's much more valuable and it will give you a hint as to what works best for you. That said, if you do 10 approaches a day and you don't get a single solid number, you're either approaching the wrong women (completely different demographic/type, taken etc) or your approaches are weak.

The second question is also relative. What's your goal? If it's getting on as many dates as possible then after you know your close ratio, you know approximately how much you need to approach. If you're looking to hone in on a skill, get over AA or something similar, then it makes sense to approach as often as possible.

If it won't matter in 30 years, it doesn't matter now.

My thoughts and memoirs: yourfriendtrent.wordpress.com

I think it depends at where you are game wise. Your first 100 approaches should build confidence if you don't already have it. If you are already a game vet, 100 approaches should have a very high rate of return because you are pre-screening who your approaching and know how to move quickly from "Hi", to "How do you like your eggs", for example.

I assume 818, you are fairly inexperienced. To start I would find "safe zones" to chat, as opposed to outright cold approach. The line at Starbucks, the grocery store or waiting for an elevator. You need to be comfortable just saying something simple to a complete stranger before you will have the outward confidence to intentionally approach a girl you want to bang and not blow it. I would try to talk to several people everyday you are not attracted to for a couple weeks. Then start using the same skills to start talking to attractive girls in the same scenarios without the intention of getting a number, but who knows once you gain basic confidence and the ability to transition from a common statement like "How are the Latte's here" to "How do you like your eggs" your number of successful approaches will improve.

I don't think there is a magic number or perfect formula, you need to start at the beginning and learn how to be actually confident before you will be able transition an opener into a number. If you can put in the work, the sky is the limit.

"Women however should get a spanking at least once a week by their husbands and boyfriends - that should be mandated by law" - Zelcorpion

It depends largely on your looks and your location.

Assuming you've done your first few hundred approaches and have killed AA etc.. And that girls you approach are en par with your SMV...

I would impulsively and very roughly say (and subject to specific location you are approaching in):

1/15 Good looking loser/paul jenka / nick krauser level

1/50 As good as it gets for most guys who have maxed their game, style etc.

1/100 Bare minimum realistic for average guy

Worse than this e.g. 1/200 or 1/300 means something is way off. Like looks, game etc. I have been in this category for a while unfortunately

1/500-1/1000 or worse = incel zone. Instead of approaching, you would be better off working on yourself first

I guess also, your ratio would massively improve if you approached girls who gave you IOIs first mostly.

Just my 2 cents as someone who has often pondered about this. I guess it comes down to the individual and what you personally would be satisfied with 'realistically.' For me, I would be happy with 1/100 ratio simply because it would be a lot better than my current results.

^ are those ratios approach:close (e.g # close) or approach:bang?

Agree with WannaBang. 1% to 2% bang to approach is decent/good. Should be your target.

Number close ratio is meaningless because many girls give numbers or FB/IG just to get rid of you.

@wannabang banging 1/100 sounds painfully low, I honestly would suggest someone getting that rate to just find another hobby and getting girls using a different angle like online or social circle. Just seems like so much time wasted and I dont know how you guys handle 99 girls in a row saying no, I know my self esteem would go under my shoes.
I estimate an approach takes 30 mins when you consider the time you spend getting ready, looking around for girls, the interaction itself, texting etc. If you multiply by 100 it means 50 fucking hours of your life spent to just bang one girl. Think how much you could improve in other areas with that time( I am the first person guilty of spending too much time chasing girls instead of my side business).

I dont know who nick krauser and the other you mentioned are (I know now because I googled it) but you should aim for at least at 1 or 2 out of 10 (I am in that range and many other guys I know).
Also I noticed that my numbers dont vary a lot and stay consistent in Europe, North america and SA ( I get the better quality in South Ameica definitely though).

When people get numbers so low I usually find there is also a big handicap (too short, too fat, too old, wrong race for the location they are on, straight socially retarded which would explain how they can take hundred of rejections without their self esteem getting below 0). Feel free to share yours with us if you like.

Blessed are you @wellrockthecity if all your approaches take 30 minutes. Every girl on this planet is so keen on talking to you. I must confess that the majority of my approaches take a few seconds. Some girls seem to have other things to do than to chat with me.

Are you sure that your 10% number is not bang-to-number close rather than bang-to-approach? Then it would make sense because number close *does* take 30 minutes

Quote: (01-27-2019 04:37 PM)Montrose Wrote:  

Blessed are you @wellrockthecity if all your approaches take 30 minutes. Every girl on this planet is so keen on talking to you. I must confess that the majority of my approaches take a few seconds. Some girls seem to have other things to do than to chat with me.

Are you sure that your 10% number is not bang-to-number close rather than bang-to-approach? Then it would make sense because number close *does* take 30 minutes

didnt say I have them talk 30 minutes (people from the forum that knows me knows that I keep it as short as possible I never go for over 5 minutes unless shes very interested and we go for a coffee straight away). I said the whole process of getting ready, looking around for a hot girl, stopping and talking them, follow up etc. takes around 30 minutes I think. I also do very few approaches 2-3 per hour max. I am pretty aware of my surrounding and try to make the girl feel as comfortable as possible no akwkard autistic shit. Never mass spam and never stay stuck in a place but move around do shopping etc. I honestly only go for girls that really turns me on and I want to bang, I dont go for any girl I think its cute and this probably shows in my approach.

10% approach-to-bang, I dont keep track but I would say I get like 4 numbers out of 10? (In Colombia more like 7 but they dont mean shit here).
Very average looking guy as I already stated but dont have any of those handicaps I described above. If you meet me you would not find anything special about me but also nothing inherently wrong which is where I leverage well with aggressive game.

Good for you, 10% seems extremely high. Maybe you are very good at pre-selection. For the general population or for a newbie, I don’t think aiming for 10% is realistic.

To answer OP more precisely, I think 50% ‘positive reaction’ is good. By positive reaction I mean that she talks to you in a friendly way, doesn’t leave, doesn’t mention her bf, and possibly but not necessarily gives number. Positive reactions are what makes day game so much fun, and builds confidence.

Yh as I said I only go for girls that I say ‘wow I want to have her’ and this reflects in my interaction as I am really motivated to get them. I dont go for cute girls just to say ‘I approached x number of girls today so can go to sleep happy’.

But yeah OP dont get bitter over a few bad reaction as they are very rare anyway. If you get blown off in most of your approaches and not in a nice way it means you give a very creepy vibe.
Just be honest with yourself and understand what you do wrong, what should you improve etc. Maybe have a wing that can give you tips on what to improve etc. Dont film your interactions because thats creepy.

Paul Jenka's numbers were about 13%.

One of the guys in the London group had a similar close rate.

Of the 100 girls you cold approach, if you get about 10 lays you're doing alright.

Quote: (01-27-2019 05:07 PM)Montrose Wrote:  

Good for you, 10% seems extremely high. Maybe you are very good at pre-selection. For the general population or for a newbie, I don’t think aiming for 10% is realistic.

To answer OP more precisely, I think 50% ‘positive reaction’ is good. By positive reaction I mean that she talks to you in a friendly way, doesn’t leave, doesn’t mention her bf, and possibly but not necessarily gives number. Positive reactions are what makes day game so much fun, and builds confidence.

I remember reading that a PUA somewhere on the East Coast actually calculated his lay/approach percentage. It was 11%.

Eleven freaking percent. Remember: that's a professional. A non-professional skirt chaser with a few years under his belt is going to probably get 3 or 4%. And your AFC will be far <1%.

Seems like a lot of wasted time roaming around in public. Someone upthread noted that it's better to take that time instead and work on yourself: the gym, your career, etc. I couldn't agree more. Do that, and eventually women will actually start letting you know via IOI that they're open to talking. Boom. Mission accomplished, dead-end public approaches avoided.

Quote: (01-27-2019 07:02 PM)Savonarola Wrote:  

Seems like a lot of wasted time roaming around in public. Someone upthread noted that it's better to take that time instead and work on yourself: the gym, your career, etc. I couldn't agree more. Do that, and eventually women will actually start letting you know via IOI that they're open to talking. Boom. Mission accomplished, dead-end public approaches avoided.

Yeah this, instead of machine gun approach, max yourself out and make selected calibrated approaches to IOI women or cute ones you fancy your chances with.

Success ratio for this method would be around 10% and a shit ton of less wasted effort!

Quote: (01-27-2019 11:46 AM)WannaBang Wrote:  

Assuming you've done your first few hundred approaches and have killed AA etc.. And that girls you approach are en par with your SMV...

I would impulsively and very roughly say (and subject to specific location you are approaching in):

1/15 Good looking loser/paul jenka / nick krauser level

1/50 As good as it gets for most guys who have maxed their game, style etc.

1/100 Bare minimum realistic for average guy

Worse than this e.g. 1/200 or 1/300 means something is way off. Like looks, game etc. I have been in this category for a while unfortunately

1/500-1/1000 or worse = incel zone. Instead of approaching, you would be better off working on yourself first

I guess also, your ratio would massively improve if you approached girls who gave you IOIs first mostly.

Just my 2 cents as someone who has often pondered about this. I guess it comes down to the individual and what you personally would be satisfied with 'realistically.' For me, I would be happy with 1/100 ratio simply because it would be a lot better than my current results.
Night game approaches vs Day game. Easier to close Night game when the girl has a few drinks in her. But my experience in Russia plateaued as daygame closes vs night game closes were almost the same. In US like Vegas for example theres a huge disproportionate difference in success. I like your numbers overall though.

Ultimately, we should care more about being effective than simply nobly intentioned. It is not enough to dream well: the true measure is what we achieve.

Wow. You guys are actually saying %1-2. 1 to 2 girls out of 100. Even at %10, that's 1 girl out off 10 fails. Y'all must have really thick skin, and I don't say that in a condescending manner, but rather admirably.
At that rate I would be at %0 or wouldn't be able to pull anything above a 3 because my confidence level would be crippling. I would probably give up on approaching all together and resort to p4p, or turn gay.

1 for 10 is realistic if your shit is together , 2-3 for 10 if you are on a streak-3 out of 10 is when things are GOOD!

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

Don't you love those streaks when they come. That god level. If technology can only invent a tool that would download the state so you could upload it later anytime you desired.

I think the best get laid once in like 30 approaches. I think that's what Tom Torerro said.
But 'skill' isn't really the determining factor imo, and so these debates are kind of useless. If you approach a girl who isn't into you, then that's that!
My wing has average 'game' at best, and his approach to lay ratio is ridiculously high! (although it's usually girls approaching him 'cos of his looks tbh lol)

Quote: (01-28-2019 09:57 AM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  

1 for 10 is realistic if your shit is together , 2-3 for 10 if you are on a streak-3 out of 10 is when things are GOOD!

1 for 10 is not realistic even for those of us with our shit together. Maybe 1 in 30, as the poster said below.

Again, waste of time. Let the women do the work of pre-selecting themselves.

Tom Torero declares 3%. He documents it here:

https://tomtorero.com/2017/12/23/2017-stats/

Krauser 2%

https://krauserpua.com/2016/01/02/my-201...ame-stats/

Apparently some guys on RVF have rock star stats, good for them, but for mere mortals like me 3% is good.

Doesn't seem so weird many people are doing better here since we are not a PUA community.
Your average rvf member (at least the ones I met) is not a robot that splits the same lines to every girl he comes across. Rather a moderate successful guy with his shit together that happens to have travelling and banging girls as hobbies.

That Torero guy looks like he came out a lord of the ring movie and his interactions seems very artificial (you can notice he already has this script in his mind of what hes gona ask to the girl).
Also if you search his name on the forum he seems to be faking most of his videos.
Why would anyone take advice on getting girls from that weasel is behind me.

Krauser looks more credible but he sounds British from his accent. That must be one of the hardest place in Europe to get girls as they are so cold and socially awkward, if you look at my post history I didnt get very good reception to my approaches there neither.

I would say 5% is the minimum you should aim for, if you get a lower number it means you are doing something wrong clearly. It can be your look, approach or location.
Again as I stated before be honest with yourself on what your handicaps are and work to improve them if possible.

I am not a big shit talker- by shit together I mean
1)In shape
2)money together/disposable income
3)nice watch, clean new shoes, fashion together
4)apartment in cool location
5)Multiple venues on lock
6)If you are in a car city late model vehicle/otherwise Uber money

Please note I am 43 so the bar is a little higher for me than someone 23. I am not approaching unless I feel strong IOIs- From 10 phone numbers I usually convert 1(to intercourse), when I am on a hot streak I can convert 3 or more out of 10-Hot streaks are god's gift to men, there is nothing like it-the feeling when you know you have got it going on, and she knows it too.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....