rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fernando - Game Journal

Fernando - Game Journal

I have decided to run a journal in order to keep discipline and accountability with myself. Thus I will post daily and (mostly) weekly logs here.

My framework is the Roosh Program, and I will focus on daygame (9-5 job hinders some action, but that's another project already in the plan).

Look forward to get feedback and suggestions from the community during this trip!

Fernando - Game Journal

Log - January 13th 2019

RP1) Started working on body/appearance since last year. Still I am aiming to make monthly improvements.

RP2) Using "The Game" by Rooshv for the upcoming 6 months

RP3) Went today to the gym. I started the muscle building routine 3 months ago and it's been quite fun this time. The main reason is because I understand that appearance will play a key role, I got some fitness advice from a friend (profi) and I moved to another appartment just 5 min walk from the gym

RP4) I did 2 daygame approaches today. I have done some daygame last year, so I expect to come back on track soon.

RP5) Seinfield is being funny. Enjoying it!

RP6) A bit hard, but commitment is there [Image: wink.gif]

RP7) This journal and some personal notes will accomplish this

RP8) I am reading "Starting Strength" within this month. It may not be a "rambling helper", but it's my best choise because of time constraints.

RP9) n/a ... working on the first 100 approaches

Fernando - Game Journal

Commit to doing starting strength for 3 months consistently and you'll be a new man. It's the best beginners program there is. Make sure you're getting the calories you need.

Fernando - Game Journal

Cool, good luck in your journey. Once I get my shit together I might create a similar thread.

By the way, if that's you in your profile picture, I highly recommend that you change it.

Fernando - Game Journal

Quote: (01-13-2019 05:17 PM)Azlan Wrote:  

Commit to doing starting strength for 3 months consistently and you'll be a new man. It's the best beginners program there is. Make sure you're getting the calories you need.

Thanks! yeah, I started that body-weight program, it works great. Did you finish it?

Fernando - Game Journal

Quote: (01-13-2019 05:19 PM)Super Average Man Wrote:  

Cool, good luck in your journey. Once I get my shit together I might create a similar thread.

By the way, if that's you in your profile picture, I highly recommend that you change it.

Thanks, a journal helps more than rather taking notes for myself.

Fernando - Game Journal

Log - January 14th 2019

I left late to the streets, so just made 1 approach. Nothing special, but it was important for me not to loose the daily quote.

Nevertheless, the reason was that I stayed longer at work. But it was a trade off, because I was teaching dancing to some colleagues at the office. So some socializing it's good towards a more active live.

Fernando - Game Journal

Log - January 15th 2019

Again only one single approach for the whole day. This is self humillating [Image: smile.gif]

But the good news is that I see now more prospects walking around. Is like you start noticing things now.

And evening walks feel good after work.

Fernando - Game Journal

Log - January 16th 2019

About 3 approaches today. The main motivator was that I went to the university during the day.

The good thing is that I start "remembering" the few tactics I started developing last year. However, I still feel a bit tense and on the streets this is not the best time of the year of course (winter).

Nevertheless, I am checking now some night game material. Vienna seems to lean towards night game. I don't plan to spend long nights, but I may go a couple of times per week to neighboring bars.

Fernando - Game Journal

Log - January 17th 2019

Today I did 4 approaches, from which 2 are worth mentioning:
- Gym: I assumed that cute girl gave availability signals, since she was checking her environment when exercising. Once she came to train to my same complex machine, then I got convinced and approached her indirectly. It was a vanilla conversation, but I did not move forward.
- Street: the cute girl was walking a bit slow, so I took it as another availability signal. Just another chat, but she did not bit on my WICF bait. So I let her go.

I am quite excited about streets / universities for approaching. But have the feeling that locals do not show availability signals (99% are walking fast and/or have concentrated faces). Probably I am letting stereotypes invade my brain. Let's see in the next days.

Fernando - Game Journal

Log - January 18th 2019

Today I aimed to go late daygame and a bit nightgame:

- Late daygame (by 6pm): as usual, I was walking a bit around a university. But it was Friday and a bit late, so it was not a surprise that it was pretty empty. Still I did 2 approaches, which lead just to short talks.
- Early nightgame (by 8pm): I went to a backpackers' hostel, which I like because of the good mood. However, it was a sausage party. By 9pm some chicks started coming in in small groups, but I was ready to head home.

As you may see, I would like to focus on daygame. But at the same time Vienna seems to lean more towards night game. I have two options:

- Run nightgame: which I don't want that much... I would like to sleep well and focus on fitness.
- Put harder work on daygame: I need to leave office as early as possible and find those "niches" between 6-8 pm. And during the weekends, of course.

Fernando - Game Journal

Log - January 19th 2019

Daygame: I did an approach at a store, my rambling was a bit better. The prop (gift department) helped a bit. The set did not go longer though. Then I went to the university... I need to crack that venue! there are dozens of cute girls around, but mostly with their friends chatting. Thus, I chicken up even with indirect openers.
>>> I have decided to focus on streets and stores for this few weeks. Eventhough the rejection rate shall be high, it helps me to practice rambling and some body language. In Cafés (and University) I must wait too long for each set.

Nightgame: it was fun being at the bar, a wingman joined. I opened 3 sets and the rambling was quite ok. However, until 10:30 we still did not have any hook point, thus I decided to go home.
>>> Nightgame makes a lot of sense in Vienna, but my fitness (sleeping well, going to the gym early in the morning) and daygame have priority 1. Thus, I will put nightgame on hold for a couple of months.

Fernando - Game Journal

Log - Sunday, January 20th 2019

- Street: I did a couple of approaches, one of them developed in a longer conversation. I feel now more relaxed, so I guess my brain finally starts to get used to the rambling.
- University: I finally approached a set of 2. It did not go further, but I was happy on finally breaking the ice at the university. Still I made a big mistake: a girl gave me a stare in the waiting area of the library. However I chickened up and did not react upon.

Looking forward to the weekdays!

Fernando - Game Journal

Log - Monday, January 21st 2019

- Street: did only one approach... I left work at 7:30 pm. So almost nobody on the streets of Vienna. The weird thing is that I had the feeling, 2 cute girls passed by in the exact moment I was doing the other set. Illusion?
- Social game: the reason I went out late is because I was having a latin dance class... where I am the instructor [Image: wink.gif] yeah, building a social circle at work, step by step.

Tomorrow is gym morning and look forward to get more energy on the street.

Fernando - Game Journal

Keep it up!

Fernando - Game Journal

Log - Tuesday, January 22nd 2019

No approaches. Energy and empty streets demotivated me.

But I realized that I was a dumm. In the middle of the winter, why focusing on streets? because I wanted to "learn step by step"?
Hell no! it is about choosing the right venues and feeling good at it.

Tomorrow I will go to the univ again.

Fernando - Game Journal

Quote: (01-21-2019 03:30 PM)Heightcel Wrote:  

Keep it up!

gracias! all the best to you too

Fernando - Game Journal

Log - Wednesday, January 23rd 2019

- Univ: did 2 approaches, one of them lead to a short chat.
- Streets: none...

Keeping discipline feels good. But still its time to make stronger efforts. I will push some more fitness and prioritize my focus. In other words, keep work under control and avoid distractions besides game and dancing related meetups.

Fernando - Game Journal

Log - Thursday, January 24th 2019

- Univ: 2 approaches, one of them took a bit longer on rambling, but still did not get till WICF bait
- Street: 1 approach. The rambling was doing ok, but unexpectedly the cold kind of demotivated me. I also noticed her feeling a bit cold. I ejected, because did not feel a strong connection yet.

Two things are remarkable now:
- Doing fitness definitely helps. After 8-9 hours at the office I still have some gas in the tank left, thanks to my 4 gym sessions per week.
- My rambling is getting a bit better. I still struggle on having a chat flow (partially because german/english are foreign languages for me anyway). But focusing on the process helps me to relax a bit.

Fernando - Game Journal

Quote: (01-21-2019 03:15 PM)FernandoPF Wrote:  

- Social game: the reason I went out late is because I was having a latin dance class... where I am the instructor [Image: wink.gif] yeah, building a social circle at work, step by step.

Can't you absolutely kill in that setting? I've heard some stories of girls falling for their dance instructors.

If it's something you do very occasionally and for a small group, maybe you could focus more on it and use it for new leads.

Fernando - Game Journal

Quote: (01-24-2019 03:48 PM)Super Average Man Wrote:  

Quote: (01-21-2019 03:15 PM)FernandoPF Wrote:  

Can't you absolutely kill in that setting? I've heard some stories of girls falling for their dance instructors.

If it's something you do very occasionally and for a small group, maybe you could focus more on it and use it for new leads.

I am getting a couple of "fans", but for me this is more a mid-term strategy. Still, I will share tips as soon as stories come...
In the meanwhile I still want to push cold approaching in order to develop the basic game skills

Fernando - Game Journal

Log - Friday, January 25th 2019

- Daygame: one approach at the book store. It was quite a short one, but still I felt better of doing this finally.

Fernando - Game Journal

Log - Saturday, Janurary 26th 2019

- Book store: 2 approaches at the book store. I start liking that venue! The rotation of girls is lower than the university, but those cute targets are in a more chilly mood. I even noticed a girl briefly staring at me, but I did not react. Anyways, one of the approaches went quite comfortable, we talked about austrian book authors and some clichés about the local culture. Still she left before throwing my first bait.
- University: I came too late to the "prime time", which is when the library closes and everybody leaves in mass. Tomorrow I will make it!
- Street: nothing this time... but I guess it is not bad to get used to these walks. It will go way better during spring for approaches.

Fernando - Game Journal

Log - Sunday, January 27th 2019

- University: she looked like waiting for someone, but I still did the approach for the sake of doing at least one per day. The chat was kind of relax and after a couple of minutes a guy appeared into scene [Image: wink.gif] nothing special, we just said goodbye
- Coffee shop: the girl looked interested, but she did not bit any of my two baits (WICF, dance course with friends). I finally ejected, probably next time I should put even more efforts.

Fernando - Game Journal

Log - Monday, January 28th 2019

Today it was again social circle game evening, so I spent the evening with some people dancing latin music.

Therefore no approach, but still a fun moment. It was worth the sacrifice.