rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

American Psychological Association (APA) deems 'Traditional Masculinity' harmful

American Psychological Association (APA) deems 'Traditional Masculinity' harmful

It's official, per new APA guidelines...

https://www.apa.org/monitor/2019/01/ce-corner.aspx

Guidelines for Psychological Practice With Boys and Men
http://www.apa.org/about/policy/boys-men...elines.pdf

Quote:Quote:

'Traditional masculinity' deemed harmful, could lead to sexual harassment, medical group says
https://www.foxnews.com/health/american-...harassment

It's all your fault, men.

For the first time in its history, the American Psychological Association (APA) released guidelines concerning men and boys, saying that so-called “traditional masculinity” not only is “harmful” but also could lead to homophobia and sexual harassment.

“The main thrust of the subsequent research is that traditional masculinity – marked by stoicism, competitiveness, dominance and aggression – is, on the whole, harmful,” reads the news release by the famed association.

It notes that research shows “traditional masculinity is psychologically harmful and that socializing boys to suppress their emotions causes damage that echoes both inwardly and outwardly.”

The 36-page document goes on to coin “masculinity ideology,” which stems from traditional masculinity, and claims that it harms boys and men.

“Traditional masculinity ideology has been shown to limit males’ psychological development, constrain their behavior, result in gender role strain and gender role conflict and negatively influence mental health and physical health,” the report warns.

The “masculinity ideology” is defined by the APA as “a particular constellation of standards that have held sway over large segments of the population, including: anti-femininity, achievement, eschewal of the appearance of weakness, and adventure, risk, and violence.”

The research goes on to suggest that masculine boys may put their energy toward disruptive behaviors such as homophobia, bullying and even sexual harassment rather than strive for academic excellence.

“Though men benefit from patriarchy, they are also impinged upon by patriarchy,” said Ronald F. Levant, EdD, a professor emeritus of psychology at the University of Akron and co-editor of the APA volume “The Psychology of Men and Masculinities.”

The new paper also advises clinicians how to address the problems of their own bias when treating boys and men, and urges to address how “power, privilege, and sexism work both by conferring benefits to men and by trapping them in narrow roles.”

This "man" will never tell me what it is to be a man. In other words, he hates traditional values. More inversion agenda. Isn't Levant also a common surname of aliens?

Prior to 1987 homosexuality was considered a mental disorder. Welcome to 2019 where homosex and transgenderism is normal and traditional masculinity is what's considered the mental disorder.

As a father raising a son in modern day America my feeling is this - Fuck these people and fuck our culture.

They didn't complain about the men who saved their ungrateful asses during World War II.

Rico... Sauve....

[Image: ef00a9a17b369f660a8586007f20a5fedb2514c4...3ff3a7.jpg]

Stoicism, competitiveness, dominance and aggression-FUCK YEAH!

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

I was on a long road trip recently. Driving a long I was scanning through the stations getting tired of hearing Christmas music. I tuned into NPR for a bit. They were doing some segment about the APA's stance on homosexuality prior to the 80's or something like that and how it's evolved since then. In the 80's what I inferred is there was essentially a homosexual coupe of the APA where you had homo shrinks coming out and demanding faggotry be normalized by the institution. The APA was then known on the inside as the "GayPA".

Fuck these people.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk

Sweet.

Looks like we're going to be facing a lot less competition for all the women secretly craving dominance, aggression and competition.

The APA is single-handedly paving the way for all of us who practice "traditional masculinity" to enjoy easier access going forward.

Rejoice fellas, the path to pussy just straightened out even more.

Look, the upper class of America has decided that women are easier to control and that we should therefore strive to make men into women for their personal benefit.

Unless we can red-pill folks on a massive scale this trend won't change because they big money and institutional power is behind the folks who want weak, compliant, subservient men.

I told my elementary school age son last week that, 'If someone attacks you physically, and you reply with words, you have already lost."

I am just now realizing that I am part of the problem.

Those guidelines read like the Communist Manifesto. They adopt all the left-wing LGBT nonsense and present it as legitimate science. If you have a son, his masculine behavior can now be easily pathologized by a school counselor who is just following "medical authority". They will demand you give him powerful drugs, or he won't be allowed in school. Or you can even have him taken away from you. At least for now you can home school, but for how much longer? They are closing all the loopholes. American culture = poison.

Rico... Sauve....

Yeah I saw this yesterday. It's a shame the scientifically valid field of psychology is being ruined by liberals.

My parents have always thought psychology was hogwash. I learned a lot from psychology books and psychotherapy (during divorce and red-pill gulping), while my dad cast it off as anti-Christian soft- bull-shit science. As it now stands, for a portion of it, he's right.

We're a long way from neuroscience figuring out how the mind works, so this is a blow to science.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Thing is if they put some kind of mission statement on page #1 then most people are just going to skip it anyway (just like nobody reads the page about copyright).

That`s psychology, as in the soul. Fair enough as a religious belief, but not a science.

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory

Quote: (01-09-2019 02:39 PM)Cal Meacham Wrote:  

I told my elementary school age son last week that, 'If someone attacks you physically, and you reply with words, you have already lost."

I am just now realizing that I am part of the problem.

Who the Hell can categorise stoicism as "toxic"??? Stoicism is what people apply when dealing with some of the great challenges in life. It's what enables us to actually focus on the task at hand in particularly trying times. What's the alternative? We just act like emotional babies and react to everyt-

Quote: (01-09-2019 01:41 PM)EndsExpect Wrote:  

Look, the upper class of America has decided that women are easier to control and that we should therefore strive to make men into women for their personal benefit.

Unless we can red-pill folks on a massive scale this trend won't change because they big money and institutional power is behind the folks who want weak, compliant, subservient men.

...Yes. Exactly.

We are at peak misandry

Quote: (01-09-2019 12:29 PM)Renzy Wrote:  

Prior to 1987 homosexuality was considered a mental disorder. Welcome to 2019 where homosex and transgenderism is normal and traditional masculinity is what's considered the mental disorder.

As a father raising a son in modern day America my feeling is this - Fuck these people and fuck our culture.

This is all part of the plan boys. Just as we've all predicted here on RVF for years.

Next step: any woman can accuse a man of rape any time without proof and destroy his life or have him thrown in jail.

OOPS sorry. That is already checked off on the list. My bad.

Sherman already explained what this means. Now that there is a formal medical opinion, so every judge, prosecutor, divorce mediator, and school counselor who wants to destroy you can cite this as official science in their evaluation. Before they would have to justify their bias. Now it's a rubber-stamp.

From a bureaucratic perspective, this his HUGE.

It it social and political approval for institutionalized anti-male bias in jobs, housing, and law enforcement. They'll start slowly and carefully, building precedents. By the time you realize what's happening, it will be ingrained throughout the nation. Note that most counselors, school officials, and even a large number of judges, are lesbians, angry divorcees, or spinsters who are just waiting for their long-awaited excuse to destroy men.

Quote: (01-09-2019 06:18 PM)MrLemon Wrote:  

This is all part of the plan boys. Just as we've all predicted here on RVF for years.

Next step: any woman can accuse a man of rape any time without proof and destroy his life or have him thrown in jail.

OOPS sorry. That is already checked off on the list. My bad.

Sherman already explained what this means. Now that there is a formal medical opinion, so every judge, prosecutor, divorce mediator, and school counselor who wants to destroy you can cite this as official science in their evaluation. Before they would have to justify their bias. Now it's a rubber-stamp.

From a bureaucratic perspective, this his HUGE.

It it social and political approval for institutionalized anti-male bias in jobs, housing, and law enforcement. They'll start slowly and carefully, building precedents. By the time you realize what's happening, it will be ingrained throughout the nation. Note that most counselors, school officials, and even a large number of judges, are lesbians, angry divorcees, or spinsters who are just waiting for their long-awaited excuse to destroy men.

If there's any saving grace to all this, it's that such types tend not to breed all that much & are far more likely to die off in coming generations.
All the while, 'normal' chicks are not attracted to weak men, they'll go towards 'normal' men.

You guys weren’t kidding about upside down clown world, Damn.

What are the implications of the apa turning traditional masculinity into an abnormality, will this affect family law, child protection, public schooling, what exactly do they mean by traditional?

I get weary of caring about this kind of shit, one can’t help but feel completely fucked about the way things are going.

Quote: (01-09-2019 07:45 PM)Silver_Tube Wrote:  

You guys weren’t kidding about upside down clown world, Damn.

What are the implications of the apa turning traditional masculinity into an abnormality, will this affect family law, child protection, public schooling, what exactly do they mean by traditional?

I get weary of caring about this kind of shit, one can’t help but feel completely fucked about the way things are going.

If they're simply deranged & can't fathom the ultimate consequences of their actions - the whole sorry house of cards will collapse.
Or.
They are actively attempting to collapse the sorry house of cards anyway, thinking they'll remain / emerge to control it all...

Even in the latter instance, they may still be overlooking the fact that there won't be a viable enough society to allow them to manipulate the levers of control.
Then those that remain get to live their own real life version of 'planet of the apes'.

No institution is untouched in Marxist societies. APA is just being used as another tool to legitimize degeneracy and the inversion of healthy, biologically-based sex roles.

If you have young kids and live in America, I really don't know what to tell you. Your job grows tougher by the day in that you have to protect them from cartoons promoting trannies, apps pushing open borders propaganda, communist school teachers preaching intersectional victimhood hierarchies and now "academic" institutions telling them that boys are shit simply for existing.

I always wanted to be a ”menace to society”, but this is making it way too easy.

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth

Now that the APA has made this change I am mentally challenged.

Give me welfare and free shit and victimhood status.

(((Psychiatry))) (((Neurology))) (((Psychology)))

Fields for the neurotic, created by generally unstable people.