rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which dances are vital to improve your game in Brazil?

Hey guys

I've been dancing salsa, bachata and kizomba now for a while. Which type of dance should be vital to know in Brazil? I'm planning to go to Rio, Manaus and Belém.

Thanks!

Sertanejo and Forró

Sertanejo. Forro would be a nice plus and is a more interesting style of music and dance then Sertanejo (in my opinion), but Sertanejo has largely replaced forro as the favoured style

“You can’t turn a ‘no’ into a ‘yes’ without a ‘maybe’ first” Frank Underwood.
“Hoe groter de slet, de beter in bed” Me

Sertanejo and Forró are your best bet but there are also others:

Dança de salão: three styles usually taught together in every dance school which are:

1.Samba de Gafieira: a very hard and exotic style, you'll see it only in a few dedicated places. The music is a sort of old-school samba with a certain rythm that makes it adequate for couple dancing
2.Bolero: Some say it's similar to Tango, very easy to learn but the usual crowd is what you'd find at dedicated third age parties
3.Soltinho: I think it came from America in the 80s, pretty much dead nowadays

Outside dança de salão there are other styles also commonly taught in dance schools:

Zouk: Some say it's similar to Kizomba. It's a latin(not brazillian) dance style of medium difficulty but VERY sexualized. Kind of niche but has got a decent following nowadays, heard more than one chick mentioning it and even dancing to it at house parties(!)

Forró: Very popular and traditonal dance style from the Northeast with a mainstream national following, EXTREMELY EASY to learn and helped me out more than one time during night game, one of the only styles you can dance to at non dance-dedicated venues

Sertanejo: Can be roughly described as brazillian country music. Some say the dance itself is different from Forró but I never acknowledged the difference and didn't get in trouble so far. Very common in mainstream venues, but some say the real talent is at Sertanejo Universitário Music dedicated venues, if you have the money consider checking it out

Honourable mention:
Brazillian Funk: Originated from Rio de Janeiro favelas and took over the country after two to three decades. Can be roughly compared to american Hip-Hop, associated with crime and debauchery but also played in common middle class nightclubs. Not a real dance style at all but if you're interested in sluts give it a look

TLDR; Forro and Sertanejo as the_ox said, Zouk for a more niche approach and middle class(aka not run by organized crime) funk parties to see and game easy sluts shaking their asses

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Zouk, huh? I am currently learning kizomba. I was planning to look for some kizomba events and clubs in Brazil. Zouk would be fine as well, I guess.

Honestly none.

But if you are into dancing, Funk Carioca and Pagode are also options.