rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Will Text Game survive the rise of A.I.?

Maybe I'm the wrong person asking this question, as I have no technical skills at all. But it's very obvious that A.I. will very soon be able to analyse e.g. tinder images and create funny openers.

I mean, the internet offers an almost infinite amount of text examples the A.I. can learn from. The A.I. will learn from millions of text lines and from every set smiley and will probably produce more clever openers than we are able to, in a milisecond.

The question is, will the average person even care whether the other side is a real human or a bot? How long will it take until the A.I. will get to the point where it (at least pretends to be) philosophical?

Will text game still has its place in the future? As it's not possible to completely forbid the use of A.I., how does a flirt app look like in a few years?

Some may say A.I. won't be able to create meaningful text. I strongly disagree. First, some progress has already been made and second, where there is a demand, people will work on a solution.

My personal view: I think one day it will or would feel better to communicate with (an advanced) A.I. but we will probably still prefer human beings as we will always have a problem with the fact that we know the other side is not conscious (assumed A.I. will not become conscious).

Facebook is already overrun by bots. I'm trying to use the thing for business, and I'm getting lamely "opened" by people all the time that I assume are running bots. My response: ignore them all, probably ignoring some real people in there as well. The bots have to get past the uncanny valley and just the suspicion of bots is putting people off.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

If there is a “Turing Test” passable A.I. in the future, you can bet we’ll also be at the stage of having hyper realistic and orgasmic Androids to suck and fuck us, ala Ex Machina and West World.

They may even have 3 titties.

Women are the ones who like raw attention. Guys just text as a means to an end. So I think women are inherently more exploitable via dating bots who pass the turing test and I look forward to the day when we can use those bots and save valuable time.

Even now for some of my apps and for some of the matches, I've just had to exchange some basic info and fluff talk about travel and hobbies, and then the number comes effortlessly, then it's just logistics to set up a date. With current AI capabilities automating that process should be possible.