rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I have a long dryspell--I'm breaking this streak!

I've been on a one-year dryspell, but I've used this time to improve myself-- so now i can really game. Thus, I present my first progress report on breaking the dryspell (US-based, 22, relatively small town, white, game level: intermediate, college educated). This is largely an approach-based report.

Day 0: I create two dating profiles, on Tinder and Bumble respectively. I don't usually use these things-- preferring actual approaches or day-game-- but I need every tool in the arsenal for this undertaking. I am what you would call a niche-guy, so in the past my success on dating apps has been limited to niche girls. Largely because I lean somewhat artistic/ bohemian; there's only so much mileage I can usually get in the smaller towns.

Week zero: limited results on dating profiles. Approaches follow. Most leads are essentially flaky.

Night one:

Whiskey bar: arrive 9pm. Men outnumber the women by a large factor. No single-sex sets. Bar is nearly empty. Leave, too scared to approach the mixed sets.

Next, Sports bar. Also bad, no single sex sets. Everyone is grouped-up. Leave after giving the place the once-over.

Next, billiards hall. It's just mixed sets coeds playing beer pong. Not conducive in the least to approaching, leave.

Next, dancehall/ nightclub. I'm with a new wing. Approach a girl the wing knows and her friend. My friend is in a FWB situation with the first girl. I engage the first girl, but she mentions a boyfriend, despite being super nice and being flirty. I bust girl one's balls with my knowledge of sociology despite the fact I've never studied it. She suddenly opens up because she is intrigued by my worldliness. I move on.

One table over-- two tall thin girls, That's a good excuse for an approach. Situational opener. My buddy read the first girl as a lesbian and he's correct. The second girl is hot but somewhat autistic. No vibing with her, because she is awkward. First girl offers drinks but it's time to move onto the next set.

Two girls are seated at the next table over and we are running proximity game. I again have to open because the wing is scared of cold approaches. I open up the first girl and she's into me. My friend isolates her and ends up getting a ride home. But, not before he danced with her... In other words, that's the importance of dance game. The second girl who I try to open, won't talk.

Day two:

I am back with the wing and we arrive at the tequila bar in town. We end up with his coworker but she's off limits. This bar would be a good place for pickup but it's all mixed sets. I approach a 4-set but i am quickly shut down because they are on the way out. The takeaway is I didn't power through the conversation enough.

We arrive at the dance club. Here are the sets:
-Bachelorette party- four or five set by the backdoor off the dancefloor. They are students. I don't remember the opener. Something like "we should dance" to cute brunette nearest me. She was a good dancer, very friendly but shot down eventually because of a boyfriend.
-Instagram girl set-- We're outside and they're taking instagram photos. I walk up unashamedly and say i'll take the photos. They reciprocate and offer to take photos of us. I ask the cute redhead in the group to dance. An angry beta orbiter shows up and gets butthurt because I had the courage to approach so i ignore him. The girls end up being strippers.
-Insta-rejection set-- Ask this 4 -set if they are the bachelorette party that ordered male strippers. They demand me to dance on the table but i'm not yet drunk enough. Blowout.
-Taco girl set-- 4 set. They're catcalling my friend because he's suited up. So like Barney Stinson, I'm like "hey, do you know ted?" And boom, now they've met. We end up at their table and the subtext of the conversation is immediately sexual. They leave at some point for tacos.
-Known stripper set-- I know she's a stripper I say hi, she's having a bad personalty so i eject.
potential plate- we have the chemistry but i don't feel the attraction, ever. She's grinding on me, but knowing her, this is just normal. I move on.

whiskey bar:
Blondie from oregon-- Tell her i saw her and wanted to say hi. we have basic level chit-chat and flirting but she turns away because i'm not high energy enough for this place, believe it or not.
service industry girls (2)-- Walk directly up to their table and introduce the wing to them, taking a seat with no hesitation. Get along well. We have a lot in common. So I take the number of the dark-haired girl.
Two college girls-- It's time for a hail marry because the bar is closing. They go to the local university. It's hard to hear because the music is loud. The girl says something about local townie guys screwing with her emotions and being done with them. They mention boyfriends and eject.

All things considered first night out went well, despite really bad logistics.

Night 3: I'm stood up on a tinder date. Trying to make the best of the situation i approach a girl and her group that has been giving me IOIs the whole night.

They light up as I start talking to them. I in fact used a situational opener "are you my missing tinder date" to get the set open.

I work the whole group (of 3) but it's clear the hot girl is into me. Strangely this set takes an unexpected turn and now the girl is bothering me about my work. I end up getting a job offer, but i'm sure it's just because she wants to see me again. I take her number and leave.

One takeaway is that it is better to approach if you get clear IOIs.

Dang, 1 year how does that even happen. It seems like you have to go out of your way not to get laid like rejecting girls or not going out at all. Good luck though man, hope you break it soon NYE is always a good chance.

Quote: (12-27-2018 02:59 PM)Axel99 Wrote:  

Dang, 1 year how does that even happen. It seems like you have to go out of your way not to get laid like rejecting girls or not going out at all. Good luck though man, hope you break it soon NYE is always a good chance.

I stopped all drinking actually and started to focus more on work and improving myself, as a result women feel pretty low on the priority list because it's better to sort yourself out in other ways before jumping into the women game.

I drink a bit now, but not enough to motivate me to go home with warpigs. I've just started up nightgame sets again, and will hopefully integrate daygame into my rotation as my schedule opens up. If I had to rate both my day and nightgame I'd saying my daygame is several points better.

Man your post have that Newbie/Having Fun/Upbeat Vibe. Proper Game techniques will Get you Laid for Sure! Will stay tuned!

Quote: (12-27-2018 04:37 PM)Captain Gh Wrote:  

Man your post have that Newbie/Having Fun/Upbeat Vibe. Proper Game techniques will Get you Laid for Sure! Will stay tuned!

Thanks man it feels good to be back in the game after some time off.

I mentioned in another thread that I was hanging out with my friend's tinder date and pretended to be a (generic) eastern-european just for the fun of it. Some of my favorite guys in the game talking about being self-amused and having a good time, so that's exactly what I did. The girl's friend heard about how good of a time I was having and now wants to hook up with me. Just got this news.

Enjoy getting laid, but of course enjoy the process that is game!

^
A positive upbeat attitude will always win you points, no matter if you strike out or if you take a woman home. People will feed off that vibe and in turn will start to enjoying themselves.

The more fun people have, the more polite they will become, and will be more receptive to your approaches.

Your energy was noticed by that girl, who has already referred you to another. That is how you do it!

Keep it up. At this rate, you will be breaking that dry spell soon enough. As another wrote, I look forward to your updates.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

Want to know what helped me break 6-12 month dry spells when I was 22? Traveling to Asia. At that age you should really be saving up money and traveling. If you're white, the easiest way to get laid is tp spend time in Asia. Hit the gym 3-4 days a week, get on a plane, and in no time you won't need to post on this thread anymore.

Quote: (12-28-2018 09:45 PM)travolta Wrote:  

Want to know what helped me break 6-12 month dry spells when I was 22? Traveling to Asia. At that age you should really be saving up money and traveling. If you're white, the easiest way to get laid is tp spend time in Asia. Hit the gym 3-4 days a week, get on a plane, and in no time you won't need to post on this thread anymore.

It's not an option, I just got out of college and started a new job. I have all sorts of obligations to fulfill at the moment and I'm not location independent.

Quote: (12-28-2018 10:08 PM)Heuristics Wrote:  

It's not an option, I just got out of college and started a new job. I have all sorts of obligations to fulfill at the moment and I'm not location independent.

Approach anxiety is going to be your biggest challenge. Have you tried day game? Doing 100 day approaches was a game changer for me and my confidence.

Workout and eat well. It'll also do wonders for confidence. Be more social in general. And stop masturbating.

You're young and way ahead of the game already, so don't feel bad. It takes hard work – that's why we're here.

Quote: (12-28-2018 10:22 PM)Cavorite Wrote:  

Quote: (12-28-2018 10:08 PM)Heuristics Wrote:  

Approach anxiety is going to be your biggest challenge. Have you tried day game? Doing 100 day approaches was a game changer for me and my confidence.

Workout and eat well. It'll also do wonders for confidence.

Believe me approach anxiety is not much of a problem, but maybe more of a problem for day-game just because you get more anxiety during the day.

I am well versed in day-game but it has been a long time since I executed. In terms of doing daygame approaches I lost count the last time I was daygaming (few years ago) easily over 250 in the span of a few months.

Workout is on lock (do some pretty heavy lifting almost daily), and do sprinting every few days. Throw in cardio in there too for off days. Diet is good, no fast food, no processed food, everything i cook myself, all meat organic, all foods groups taken care of, plenty of water, alcohol is severely limited. I'm doing great and this is only about 1-2 months in and I already feel younger.

One further note on confidence, I bought good fitting clothes that show my muscles and flatter my lean and trim profile. Just a few weeks later I notice way more IOIs on cute girls, I'm not talking 5's or anything like that. Sure it cost ~500 dollars to upgrade older parts, but it's a good start. I get compliments about my clothes all the time now.

Quote: (12-27-2018 02:53 PM)Heuristics Wrote:  

Night 3: I'm stood up on a tinder date. Trying to make the best of the situation i approach a girl and her group that has been giving me IOIs the whole night.

They light up as I start talking to them. I in fact used a situational opener "are you my missing tinder date" to get the set open.

I work the whole group (of 3) but it's clear the hot girl is into me. Strangely this set takes an unexpected turn and now the girl is bothering me about my work. I end up getting a job offer, but i'm sure it's just because she wants to see me again. I take her number and leave.

Welcome to the board and I like your attitude mate, I think it won't be long before you get results.

Always approach when you get an IOI, always.

Any follow up with this one? Did you call her to ask her out for drinks?

Repeating what others have already said, you have a great attitude!

Great outlook, it's all in your court.

Quote: (12-29-2018 02:46 AM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Quote: (12-27-2018 02:53 PM)Heuristics Wrote:  

Welcome to the board and I like your attitude mate, I think it won't be long before you get results.

Always approach when you get an IOI, always.

Any follow up with this one? Did you call her to ask her out for drinks?

This lead in in purgatory right now. She told me she was skipping town until New Year's is over, she told me that night. But then, she invited me to come to her office to meet her when she gets back.

I've sat on the lead because everything seems to have ground to a halt at this time of year. I'm debating texting her, but it's clear to me she's still not yet back in town.

Also, strange situation because I got a job offer, and I'm actually only like physically interested in her.

I don't know if other guys have dealt with time logistical problems, but I'd be curious to know how they managed. Especially during the holidays.

Would be funny if your getting recruited for a multilevel marketing gimmick

Bro... Sit back... Fucking chill...

Let the situation develop.

I just got back from backpacking parts of the third-world, which was sort of a graduation present. I'll now explain why that's relevant. And no, it wasn't SEA.

I matched with this smoking girl on Bumble about a week ago, despite several other flaky leads she seems like the real deal. She likes to slum it, I can already tell from what she's told me. I was pretty insistent about switching the conversation over to text in order to start building rapport.

I have pushed for a date as soon as she was more comfortable on text, she said yes. Again, she said her availability opened after New Years. I'm taking her on a date next week. Problem one, not a drinker. Problem two, about an hour away. I'm not going to get stood up, but I'm going to feel like a chump if the first date ends on a middle note.

Thus, I think my text game has been tight. Every message she's begging for more of my eccentric travel stories, excitedly telling me about her travels. Part of me thinks she's bored as hell in her current situation.

I think women most definitely use dating apps for validation. I saw a statistic the other day that only 50 percent of women ages 20-30 go on one date or more in a year.

How do I close this lead?

^

Keep up the rapport via text. Comfort is the most important thing to establish for online dating. Hit her up on a regular basis to maintain that comfort.

Most of these women think they will be ax murdered on dates, which is retarded.

Schedule a date for next week, preferably soon after the New Year to prevent flaking.

OKC Data Sheet

Quote: (12-27-2018 01:11 AM)Heuristics Wrote:  

I've been on a one-year dryspell, but I've used this time to improve myself-- so now i can really game. Thus, I present my first progress report on breaking the dryspell (US-based, 22, relatively small town, white, game level: intermediate, college educated). This is largely an approach-based report.

Day 0: I create two dating profiles, on Tinder and Bumble respectively. I don't usually use these things-- preferring actual approaches or day-game-- but I need every tool in the arsenal for this undertaking. I am what you would call a niche-guy, so in the past my success on dating apps has been limited to niche girls. Largely because I lean somewhat artistic/ bohemian; there's only so much mileage I can usually get in the smaller towns.

Week zero: limited results on dating profiles. Approaches follow. Most leads are essentially flaky.

Night one:

Whiskey bar: arrive 9pm. Men outnumber the women by a large factor. No single-sex sets. Bar is nearly empty. Leave, too scared to approach the mixed sets.

Next, Sports bar. Also bad, no single sex sets. Everyone is grouped-up. Leave after giving the place the once-over.

Next, billiards hall. It's just mixed sets coeds playing beer pong. Not conducive in the least to approaching, leave.

Next, dancehall/ nightclub. I'm with a new wing. Approach a girl the wing knows and her friend. My friend is in a FWB situation with the first girl. I engage the first girl, but she mentions a boyfriend, despite being super nice and being flirty. I bust girl one's balls with my knowledge of sociology despite the fact I've never studied it. She suddenly opens up because she is intrigued by my worldliness. I move on.

One table over-- two tall thin girls, That's a good excuse for an approach. Situational opener. My buddy read the first girl as a lesbian and he's correct. The second girl is hot but somewhat autistic. No vibing with her, because she is awkward. First girl offers drinks but it's time to move onto the next set.

Two girls are seated at the next table over and we are running proximity game. I again have to open because the wing is scared of cold approaches. I open up the first girl and she's into me. My friend isolates her and ends up getting a ride home. But, not before he danced with her... In other words, that's the importance of dance game. The second girl who I try to open, won't talk.

Day two:

I am back with the wing and we arrive at the tequila bar in town. We end up with his coworker but she's off limits. This bar would be a good place for pickup but it's all mixed sets. I approach a 4-set but i am quickly shut down because they are on the way out. The takeaway is I didn't power through the conversation enough.

We arrive at the dance club. Here are the sets:
-Bachelorette party- four or five set by the backdoor off the dancefloor. They are students. I don't remember the opener. Something like "we should dance" to cute brunette nearest me. She was a good dancer, very friendly but shot down eventually because of a boyfriend.
-Instagram girl set-- We're outside and they're taking instagram photos. I walk up unashamedly and say i'll take the photos. They reciprocate and offer to take photos of us. I ask the cute redhead in the group to dance. An angry beta orbiter shows up and gets butthurt because I had the courage to approach so i ignore him. The girls end up being strippers.
-Insta-rejection set-- Ask this 4 -set if they are the bachelorette party that ordered male strippers. They demand me to dance on the table but i'm not yet drunk enough. Blowout.
-Taco girl set-- 4 set. They're catcalling my friend because he's suited up. So like Barney Stinson, I'm like "hey, do you know ted?" And boom, now they've met. We end up at their table and the subtext of the conversation is immediately sexual. They leave at some point for tacos.
-Known stripper set-- I know she's a stripper I say hi, she's having a bad personalty so i eject.
potential plate- we have the chemistry but i don't feel the attraction, ever. She's grinding on me, but knowing her, this is just normal. I move on.

whiskey bar:
Blondie from oregon-- Tell her i saw her and wanted to say hi. we have basic level chit-chat and flirting but she turns away because i'm not high energy enough for this place, believe it or not.
service industry girls (2)-- Walk directly up to their table and introduce the wing to them, taking a seat with no hesitation. Get along well. We have a lot in common. So I take the number of the dark-haired girl.
Two college girls-- It's time for a hail marry because the bar is closing. They go to the local university. It's hard to hear because the music is loud. The girl says something about local townie guys screwing with her emotions and being done with them. They mention boyfriends and eject.

All things considered first night out went well, despite really bad logistics.

Newbie here, would you suggest never to really approach mixed sets and only approach girls when they are alone ? I had a hard time in Las Vegas (1 lay in 7days) surprisingly because almost ALL of the 7+ were with 2 or more friends.

Ultimately, we should care more about being effective than simply nobly intentioned. It is not enough to dream well: the true measure is what we achieve.

Quote:Quote:

Newbie here, would you suggest never to really approach mixed sets and only approach girls when they are alone ? I had a hard time in Las Vegas (1 lay in 7days) surprisingly because almost ALL of the 7+ were with 2 or more friends.

No I think mixed sets should be approached, and they are harder. That's why I'm starting to approach them with a wing.

And by mixed sets I mean men and women in the set, not just girls.

Quote: (01-02-2019 12:36 PM)Heuristics Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

No I think mixed sets should be approached, and they are harder. That's why I'm starting to approach them with a wing.

And by mixed sets I mean men and women in the set, not just girls.

I'd get a lay of the land before approaching a group of men and women. See if the some of the women are together with the men. Read their body language, how they are interacting, etc.

If you see it's a group of friends and nobody is together, establish common ground with the men so they don't cock block you later. Of course, shit tests will be thrown your way the whole time, so just be confident and throw in some humor.

I'd get some practice approaching single women or pairs first so it'll give you the confidence needed to start conversations with mixed groups.

This is all trial and error. Learn by your failures as well as your successes.

OKC Data Sheet

Just got off of a nightgame rampage last night, one night of dedicated gaming is better than 3 half ass nights not being in state. The gist of the story is that I got a makeout within 5 minutes of a girl APPROACHING ME, and my friend went home with a girl I introduced him to. Also, kept yelling fake news at this journalist I met, and nearly fought a white night low testosterone male who was watching all my approaches at the club. My memory is imperfect but I probably managed 15-20 sets last night in the span of 5 or 6 hrs. But, all the sets were 2, 3, 4, and one that was I think 8. So me and the wing probably talked to 75ish girls last night.

Pregame with the wing, getting decently buzzed in the process. We strategize and decide we are going to be quicker about approaching sets. Vodka is the best for pregame it really gives me energy compared to something like beer that makes me lethargic as fuck.

By the time we're on the way over, we've already established solid rapport with our driver--I guess that's a consequence of getting in state early--all the social interactions become easier and more pleasant.

We end up at the club, and the place is half empty. Good thing drinks are 50 cents for the next hour. This is welcome respite from 10 dollar cocktail bullshit. I open up some women I've known for a while just to start easy. Anyway, we check out the smoking section right after that, because it's a place you actually hear. We open several sets throughout the course of the night in the smoking section. One of the sets the two girls finally open up after we plow through their shitty attitudes and desire to be curt with their responses. So, that's good but they're unwilling to dance. Like, what the fuck, we're at a nightclub, and they won't dance. Bizarre. I always thought women went to nightclubs or dancehalls to have a good time and dance. Maybe not, maybe they go on power trips by rejecting men who want to dance. I for one prefer dancing to passe conversation with young women because it is physical and great for building attraction.

The one baffling thing to all the sets I open that night is that all the women refuse to dance. And I lost
count of sets I opened. Very odd. I try to open another set outside with this fat chick and HB8 blonde. And, I was shot down really quickly getting glares from fat chick and the blonde. I open another HB8 blonde and a fat girl, I say some bullshit like "you look like a 21st century Marilyn Monroe", but I strike out pretty quickly after that, again.

There's another set my wing wants to approach, it's a girl who grabbed his ass the last time we were dancing here. So he approaches the group, which I'm really proud of, because it's a mixed set, and I believe this is the first time we've done it together. My wing is getting better with the dancing, so I am proud of the fact that he's making tremendous progress. Ultimately, I think we did a good job with the group, but stuff can fizzle out. I made friends with the Alpha Male of the Group, which is something I thought I needed to try with a mixed set, so it turns out to be a good thing, because you neutralize the threat and maybe make a friend in the process or get some good info. Another thing I was working on, was complimenting people all night, both men and women, because nothing says confidence by giving people genuine compliments about small things--it's also an exercise in checking the ego. Set after set, and I feel my confidence going through the roof. The sets start to blend together, and there's no downtime between them. I approached the easiest set immediately, not having to worry about getting blown out, and it's all basically downhill from there.

By this point I'm hammered, and it's a miracle I'm not slurring my words, or not being able to keep track of the sets I'm doing, much less managing the conversations. Like I said none of the girls would dance, and the place is half empty. I go outside and do another set, talking to the male in the group, but the women he's with just give me death glares. Then some whitenight motherfucker comes up to me at the end of the set, starts asking me what I do for work, bullshit like that, he starts to make himself more physically imposing, I guess deciding he wants to fight me. My wing shows up, and then the guy's friend shows up, and he pulls him away. Not before that dipshit stole my fucking 50 cent drink. Whitenights need to get over there insecurity and start approaching women instead of fucking watching guys do sets. It's fucking creepy, and I suspect he saw me working the place, and thus was angry.

With a sour taste in my mouth, and due to lack of dancing, we head over to the whiskey bar. I tell the wing we need to be more urgent about approaching, because soon, the place will be seeing an influx of women, leaving other bars to come here. So we need to approach all the sets that look approachable, and get our momentum going here.

We get to the bar and start approaching while in line. I think it was a 2 set. It went ok, but there are some other sets that look more promising. I see 8 girls dancing alone so I literally walk to the middle of their group and start dancing with them. It's quite laughable that I'm the only guy out there willing to dance. I'm also talking to them while we're dancing, and like lightly teasing. We get done dancing and I talk to them, Seinfeld level nonsense as I call it. It's not really the content of what you're saying, its how you say it, or how you engage the people listening. I really can't remember many of the conversations I'm having now gaming, it's just all meaningless drivel. But I try to self-amuse, getting enjoyment out of the whole thing, and having fun.

There are more sets, so I approach this 3 set that is 3 cute girls total. Again I'm using pretty basic openers, but they're not scripted or anything like that. There's this rich girl in a jean jacket that I have eyes for, something about women and denim is just so classic American, along with wars in the middle east and teen pregnancy. I spout some nonsense that she's a rich airhead whose parents pay all her bills. Normally I would not say shit like this, but I'm breaking free from my social conditioning. Every person is like their own unique character so I try to figure that out and give them nicknames or play little games with them, also sometimes coldreading and then improving from there with the info I garner. Problem with little miss jean jacket is her buxom blonde friend and asian friend are like hardcore cockblocking me. Anyway I'm hammered and I'm enjoying my night. I break the rule and buy her a drink hoping I can isolate her from her friends. Well, that's funny because she takes the drink, drinks it, and then decides she'll take mine. I'm like, "you're soooo quirky, your rich parents must overprotect you."

I bounce, because there are more approaches. There's some girls that are all from Germany, it's hilarious because when i'm sober i can speak German, but when I'm really drunk my mind can't form basic sentences. I actually like German girls, but they age badly, and generally don't understand the value of heels/makeup. But given the current direction the US is headed, almost no women are wearing heels--so it's a moot point. They're all married so I eject.

At this point I'm dying for a square so I head out to the patio to light up. It's packed out on the patio, and almost a better environment for approaching. I don't even have to approach some latina girl comes up to me and we start talking. She's like, "I check you out a lot when you come here", and I'm like cool, "Let's act on that finally." So she tells me a bit about herself, and I tell her like my ancestry and shit, and she gets like turned on by that. She's there with her lesbian friend across the table from me. I say, "I hope your lesbian girlfriend doesn't get mad when we start making out." And she says oh she's not my girlfriend. And I start making out with her in front of all these fucking people on the patio. I literally met this girl 5 minutes ago and we're making out. Anyway, I go approach some more sets. I found a journalist so I make fun of him for half an hour, because all journalists are hacks.

I return inside and the wing has approached his own mixed set, and he's doing quite a good job. Anyway, I make my way back to jean jacket girl with the wing, they blow us out at their table so we leave. She then comes up to me later at the bar, and I take her number right under her friend's noses. My wing somehow clicks with the first set we did at the beginning of the night, so he goes home with one of those girls.

If you told me I'd be making out with girls within 5 minutes of meeting a few weeks ago, I wouldn't believe it. I firmly believe it's about confidence, and getting in state. Despite all the blowouts, I'm feeling a lot better about nightgame.

***Note: my friend had met an Irish girl a few weeks ago at the bar, and they clicked, but I had to open the set for him. He went home with that girl, and now she's like all over him. Just last night he was showing me the texts, and the girl is basically infatuated with him. That's the power of having a wing.

Looking to capitalize on a really strong night the night before, we hit up the two same joints. It is crucial to take advantage of every opportunity to game, because you never have no idea what it's going to be like the next night.

Deciding to get going with sober january I ingest no alcohol, which although not a net negative, means there's going to be no chance I approach the hardest of the hard sets. The club has 0 open sets and is only maybe 1/3 full. I am not in the mood for mixed sets. I head to the smoking section, and there's only like one hot girl out there, and I can see the bitch shields are up.

Still hungover, I feel like there's little chance of me dancing. We leave because everyone there is coupled up. We head to the whiskey bar and it's just as shitty there. There are no open sets. We stick around an hour and still don't see any open sets.

The takeway, is enjoy the good nights gaming, because you never know when you'll have a bad night. Despite that, we still did good gaming this week, because we were on a roll the first night.

I'm starting to enjoy nightgame!

Last night I went out to the nightclub:

I was with the wing, but it took him a while to get in the mood to approach, but I will admit, I had a lot of fun watching potential sets from a distance.

We come back in from a smoke break and we're loaded on 50 cent drinks. It's time to approach! He's still too scared to approach so I steer us towards a table of three slightly overweight girls, who I would nevertheless fuck because they have nice faces and makeup that is on point. I need to be more critical about what I do wrong; so I will tell you what happened: I was eying these girls but I walk past their table, then double back and approach them. So, that is what I did wrong.

I open them with a situational opener, and I can't remember it--I would use canned openers--but I'm worried that they may seem canned. (I think I used some sort of really simple opener.) This is a 3-set, and we seat ourselves at their table with no objections from the girls, who all turn out to be nurses.

I am really amped up on Russian vodka, and this is perhaps a shortfall of my game at the moment; it's supposed to be Dry January, but I find the women to be very dry, thus I need alcohol to help me. Also, my town is really faggy and they hide Russian vodka because 'Merica, despite the fact that these cowboy dipshit bastards are openly selling Stoli and Smirnoff vodkas (although whether they're truly Russian is debatable, of course). I really have started to like nightgame a lot more recently, so when I open this set I am very fun and just cracking jokes. They're nurses, so I joke about them being drug addicts and stealing medicines from the hospital, which is actually a very common problem in the US. And then they say, "we're good girls etc", and I say, "you're not, you have large black x's on your hands and your downing drinks that your friend slipped you" (for anyone not from the US: the black x's on their hands indicate they're allowed in the bar/club, but not allowed to drink because they're under 21).

I'm just trying to work all three of them; and they're all at a similar level of attractiveness (i'd peg it at roughly 5.5- 6.0, but, I like fatties), so it doesn't really matter which girl me or my wing talks to, we just need to engage the whole group. (I gave him a bit of a briefing before we approached the set, so I just instructed him to keep the girls engaged if the conversation on my end sort of went weak--just, like, hold interest).

I talk to blondie who is wearing some BDSM-inspired outfit, but I won't complain. The straps going over her breasts are a nice touch, so I am enjoying the decline of the US, although it doesn't bode well for us long term. This is the result of some (((nefarious))) influence in the US-- getting otherwise normal women to wear BDSM gear. I give this (((nefarious))) influence props because I think the women look better in this bondage gear... they just need to lose some weight--that's all I ask.

I've been studying DeCarlos's Escalation Ladder recently, and I have to tell all the forum members that have mentioned it: it has been a massive help to my game. I just, quite literally, follow it with blondie, and like, it all feels natural to me. I used the ladder about 5 or 6 months ago, or so, and it felt like a foreign language to me. But I use it now, having built up a bit of confidence, and having lost some weight, and it feels so fucking natural... I banter a bit about having a trust fund because I don’t want to talk about my job. I say something like, “us trustfunders are dangerous” or something like that. She probably doesn’t know what a trust fund is, but I’m having fun.

As I said, I was talking to Blondie in the BDSM-inspired gear. I just tease her, basically, and try to project interest. I actually think all women look beautiful when you’re drunk… I make jokes about her job, and then finally I get to the important point: does she want to dance? --Earlier, I had talked to the whole group and asked if they wanted to dance, but, they were like, “we’re not dancers at all.”—Blondie is like, sure, I’d love to dance…And, I’m like, “how good are you?”… And, she’s like, “I’m not so good.” So, I dance with this girl, fucking 7 or 8 drinks deep, and have a great time. I’m a horrible dancer frankly, but I do have at least some concept of rhythm. I am actually bantering with her while dancing, and she’s like, “you’re a great dancer”.

I’ve been following the ladder, so while I talk to her, I escalate. The whole thing is so seamless-- like I shook hands with her, then a high five or something similar, I’m dancing with her, and then like I’m touching/brushing her hand, rubbing her back, and then I’m like rubbing her thigh… Who could have imagined that? I’m an INTJ, but because of the gaming stuff I learned, I’m like being in Harvey Weinstein territory (in a player way).

I want to genuinely thank the forum, because I’d have never had made it to this point otherwise.

But, I need to mention what I messed-up at this point: I didn’t make out with Blondie. I took the other girl (brunette’s number). Who knows if its fake or not. I’m outcome independent so I didn’t even ask the girl I was hitting on for her number. Wing gets the other girl’s number. I fucked up not making out, but otherwise I’m proud of the set. He kept them entertained while I went out to smoke. American women are literally so fucking hard to talk to, you have to plow through because they’ll do literally nothing to advance the conversation. This is getting old, very quickly.

The two other sets I did:

1:
This is a mixed set, but I approach anyway. 2 girls, one dude. Another situational opener. I go for this cute blonde chick who must be an 8. She’s vaping away, such a disgusting habit for pretty women. I instantly put her into the “meth user” category, such an unsavory behavior. I’m lit, so I make fun of her vaping, ask her if her hair is real—amateur hour, I know… I need to cut back on the negging. Ask her to dance etc. Her friend is being a real Grade-A bitch, but all things considered I’m probably exuding a drunk vibe. I actually get along with the blonde well, bantering with her, etc. She’s like 19, I have trouble containing my excitement. Make jokes about the X’s on her hands, and ask if all her “x’s live in texas”. Her friend and the friend’s boyfriend are grade A dicks, and they are being jerks. Her brunette friend flips me off. I’m like, “hey babe I like your nails but I don’t like them that much.” The beta male faggot boyfriend can’t even take a joke, so I fucking eject from the set. I was gonna come back for blondies number, but her friends are fucking toxic. Write off an otherwise good lead. Fuck American women. This is what I get for approaching this set, and the next one alone.

2:
I’m bummed out about the 2nd set. I approach a cute brunette we vibe well, another situational opener, but I’m not sure if I’m slurring my words at this point; generally I’m pretty good about maintaining tolerable speech. Her friend is somewhat a bitch, and tries to cockblock me. Suddenly she says that’s my girlfriend. There’s no reason for pretty lesbians in the US. I eject.

In quick succession I hit up three more bars:

First, the whiskey bar is dead. I leave

Second, the dive bar is dead. I leave.

Third, I’m at some sort of saloon, the place is ok, but the bartender looks like she is on meth. I leave soon after that.

Out of options at this point: strip club is the only option. It’s also dead.

I fire up Hinge (which I’m still trying to figure out at this point). I make some dick-ish comments on these girls’ photos and I get 3 responses out of the 10 likes/ messages that I’m allowed to have daily without paying. I would not do this normally, but I feel like Hinge is BS—I don’t like being mean to women but they won’t respond to carefully thought out, considerate messages. I am a believer in kharma so I hope I wasn’t too much of a dick, but the dating app layout is frankly terrible in ’19. I may be onto something, but we’ll have to see how outrage game works…

I'm about done with nightgame. I think per Roosh, it's dead. But the fault could all be mine. I'll post some of my more philosophical thoughts later, but crashed and burned tonight:

At the club, and managed 3 vodkas over 4 hours. Basically sober.

1: Wing and I seated at table on edge of dancefloor. I tell him about IOIs and we're getting them from next table over. I walk over and say, "nice to meet you after all this eye contact." Don't know if it was a good idea, but went with it. Motion wing over after a good reception from them and chat them up. Props to my wing, girls real pick up on his don't give a fuck attitude, and their body language is telling as well as his. He has their rapt attention.One of the girls is way too fat. I decide not to talk to her. I guess that's sobriety for you. Well, I text my wing at the table that the cute girl is into him, touching him, leaning in, etc, and he doesn't even realize it. Between smoke breaks we both decide to eject. Don't come back to the table. Some girls are flat, and regardless of what you say it's like talking to a wall.

We are chilling, move tables. And these two girls show up. This is ridiculous. Maybe they're mad we snubbed them. I take their bait because their with a blonde big ass hottie. I use a weak situtional opener, they get mad, give me the bitch face and their friend gets verbally aggressive. Shit, I was just gonna invite them to our table since they followed us. Lesson learned, never chase after girls you've already opened even if they follow you. Ignore!

That doesn't do much for me. I wish I had done warmup sets before I arrived at the club, I'm maybe just too low energy at this point in the night.

2: Some girl brushes up against me hard while I'm seated, and I'm like hey are you spastic? She looks confused, and a bit angry. She's like, "are you joking." I'm like yeah of course, blah blah blah, she gives me the glare, I eject.

3: Wing and I are eying alone girls. One each at two different tables in close proximity. Wing has a good set with the girl, he was battling approach anxiety, but I told him to go. He must have been with her 20 minutes, but I guess he tried to close her but didn't work out, maybe messed up his midgame. I, meanwhile approach the other girl, hot mexican. I use a situational opener, "not in the habit of doing this but I wanted to come talk to you because I saw you. (I also saw her looking at me too). Perhaps a bit too receptive to me but I go with it. I start with something real simple, which I don't like to do, where is she from (because she's alone)? Anyway I know where she's from pretty well and make her qualify herself bc I call it a shitty place. I start stacking material. Role play, shit talking, sexual banter, jokes, cold reads, anecdotes, etc. It comes out fluidly, and well executed. There is some chemistry. I fuck up by not taking the chair next to her, rather sitting across the table (all of 2 feet) away from her. I don't plan on repeating this again because I cockblocked myself. I tell her travel stories. I get lots of laughs. High five. I see a tattoo, and I touch it? I tease the girl a lot. I didn't even tell her my name actually. She says she's getting a beer and I say I'm smoking. She comes outside, says she's cold, and I start walking in with her. Some dipshit (probably her boyfriend) holds open the door for her and she takes off with him, almost seems scripted in hindsight. Wing sees her making out with him, so case closed.

4: Not really my set but wing has social circle people he vaguely knows, who walk up to him and we're ending up at their table, with some cute tattooed chicks that are a part of the group. This blonde seems really flirty, but ultimately I see from my perspective she's into my wing. Again he kinda misses it, I'm like, "brah, this chicks into you... he's like nah, think she's taken by certain dude in the group... I said nope. We go smoke, later when we leave, the chick literally pulls him aside gets close to him, starts chatting. Wing is Blowing it by not isolating to quieter spot. I told him about this, pretty sure. Rather than take the number I push him to go to another bar so we can venue hop, invite the girl. BS, bs, bs, from her, I don't know why that is. But finally he settles for her number because he doesn't maintain frame or isn't firm enough. He got her number.

5: Going out in a blaze of glory I head to whiskey bar alone after wing has a girl arrive at the club who is a 4 for a booty call. Gosh. One set that's approachable at new venue.. Fuck... I wait 30 seconds to long, and thus the opener is weak. Something dumb like, I don't want to interrupt your important personal matters but you guys look cool. Line is out of my mouth, I start saying shit, just trying to power through, and I'm out of this set after two minutes.

I need a break despite only going out once this week. My energy level has to be wrong, and I need to focus more on being smoother and stacking material, and having better openers. To my credit I did read several IOIs correctly to open sets that needed to be open.