rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best weightlifting app?

Best weightlifting app?

Any recommendations for a good weight lifting/work out app please?

Best weightlifting app?

Quote: (12-23-2018 04:22 PM)jbkunt2 Wrote:  

Any recommendations for a good weight lifting/work out app please?

What program are you doing?

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"

Best weightlifting app?

5x5 Stronglifts is good it also has a built in timer. Very simple program get in get out get strong.

If you’re lifting random weights I’d recommend Seconds Pro it’s an interval timer that helps you stay focused on your workout. I have mine set for work periods and rear periods and I have different workouts with different intervals.

Best weightlifting app?

OP, you cannot get better than Personal Training Coach, premium version has following features:
Custom programs
Editing existing programs
Plate calculator
Weight tracking
1rm calculator
Timers
Shitload of exercises, you can make your own
Simple and intuitive design
Regular feedback and bug improvements
No ads
Once you buy, you have it for life
Exporting and importing data into other phones

I paid a bit over 10$ for app, probably best app investment I ever made.

Best weightlifting app?

Look for "Strong" app:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/strong-w...d464254577

4.8 out of 5 stars. 20k ratings.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2018-12-24-at-9-58-38-AM.png]

I bought the app years ago. Seems like they joined the subscription crap bandwagon.

"The free version of Strong can save unlimited workouts, but is limited to 3 custom routines."

Best weightlifting app?

Thanks guys!

Best weightlifting app?

Just to throw another option at you, JeFit is also a good one with a solid list of exercises and good logs.

Most of the better ones all do the same thing so really it's just about grabbing one with an interface you like and going with it.

Best weightlifting app?

Something I think it will make the training better is to get an Apple Watch. Having to remove the phone from your pocket after every set so I can put the corresponding weight number is bothersome, specially when I'm listening to music. I use an iPhone SE. Can't imagine training with those monster phones.

So in my wish list are: an Apple Watch and those wireless headphones (AirPods).

The best motivation is to have pretty girls in the gym though.

Best weightlifting app?

I usually just use a pen and small paper notebook to track my lifts, I guess like some sort of oldskool weirdo. That Strong app looks cool though, might be worth making a leap into the 21st century for.

Best weightlifting app?

I won't get into what program is the best since there's so many great options and that's up to you, but I've been using the 5 3 1 app (the icon is a red circle) and being really lazy and not wanting to calculate things it makes following the plan really easy because it gives you new weights for each workout and you just click a button when you finish a set and put your reps in if you did more.

Best weightlifting app?

Quote: (12-25-2018 07:09 AM)joost Wrote:  

Something I think it will make the training better is to get an Apple Watch. Having to remove the phone from your pocket after every set so I can put the corresponding weight number is bothersome, specially when I'm listening to music. I use an iPhone SE. Can't imagine training with those monster phones.

So in my wish list are: an Apple Watch and those wireless headphones (AirPods).

The best motivation is to have pretty girls in the gym though.

Unless you're going to use it for a lot of other things then you're better off saving yourself a truckload of cash and just getting one of the Garmin/Fitbit/Etc type fitness tracking watches that are better designed to handle workouts anyway.

Ditto for the headphones, grab a good set of the fitness ones that are designed for working out (sweat-proof et al) that cost half as much as the airpods and are better headphones anyway. You can get the previous generation of Bose ones for less than $100, the set I've had is going on 18 months now of pretty solid usage with no issues. Ton of other brands make them just as well for less as well.

With the added bonus of not supporting Apple directly at least [Image: wink.gif]

Best weightlifting app?

I'll second the 5x5 strong lifts app, great for beginners.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Best weightlifting app?

Quote: (12-25-2018 07:22 AM)zatara Wrote:  

I usually just use a pen and small paper notebook to track my lifts, I guess like some sort of oldskool weirdo. That Strong app looks cool though, might be worth making a leap into the 21st century for.

Nothing wrong with that imho... it's fast and flexible! Did it too for quite a while...

Apps I also used and liked: Jefit & Stronglifts!

Best weightlifting app?

Have looked at the apps mentioned, and looked through the app store. The way I see it the apps fall into two categories, some are mostly logging and workout tracking, and some combine workout planning and logging.

Recently at a gym I saw some people (an older guy and his adult daughter) using an app to direct their stretching, it was the most 'feature rich' app I've seen seen, very detailed video instructions on stretching, loaded with graphics and the videos you could either view notes or use the really well done audio instructions.

Is there a lifting app equivalent to the stretching app I saw, loaded with graphics and videos?

I asked the name of the stretching app but didn't write it down.

Best weightlifting app?

Quote: (12-24-2018 02:45 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

OP, you cannot get better than Personal Training Coach, premium version has following features:
Custom programs
Editing existing programs
Plate calculator
Weight tracking
1rm calculator
Timers
Shitload of exercises, you can make your own
Simple and intuitive design
Regular feedback and bug improvements
No ads
Once you buy, you have it for life
Exporting and importing data into other phones

I paid a bit over 10$ for app, probably best app investment I ever made.

@5 - 7 Hedonist
I am quoting my post from above and will shamelessly promote this app everywhere (despite not having to do anything with developing it haha) just because it's damn awesome.
Try it, you will not be disappointed.

Best weightlifting app?

SA, thanks for recommendation I'll give it a try.