rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lessons We Can Learn from Neil Strauss’ Divorce

The most famous PUA of his time, a guru to thousands of men around the world, recently announce his divorce. Was it because he fell out of love? Maybe it’s because he allegedly ran up thousands of dollars with cam girls due to an addiction? Let’s uncover the real truth.

https://bristollair.com/2018/pua-seducti...s-divorce/

I always thought his wife looked like a copy of him, but with a blonde wig. I didn't see what all the fuss was about.

Look, switch the glasses and the beard to her, and the wig to him. They're interchangeable.

[Image: ouve49.jpg]

How tall is NS?

It might be a red pill moment for some if Style is resurrected and he receives payment from semi-incel young men, wanting to hack the SMP to subsidise the tribute he will be paying his ex-wife.

Its one thing gaming a girl, and getting her for a lay. But maintaining a relationship, especially a marriage in this day and age you need to be someone who has a clear picture of the gender sexual dynamics.

(((Neil Strauss)))

Game for getting the bang = easy mode

Game for the marriage, getting bangs and putting up with her shit after you wifed her up? = Not even the gods of game can do it.

Lessons we can learn?
Don't get married in the western world.

Hah. Relationship game when?

Never had the looks, but made a lot of money packaging and selling McGame happy meals to dreamers with the support of the ((media)) that made him famous.

His status has waned and she can get her hands on a lot of his wealth without having to be with him now.

Neil was, is and always will be a fraud. His book was still decent, but if it weren't for the circles he traveled in as a wll regarded music journalist he wouldn't have a fraction of the opportunity his career created for him. In other words, all things being equal, if he was Neil Straus the generic transactional atty making 350k a year he'd get a lot less action despite making a healthy wage

Quote: (12-16-2018 05:02 AM)1RationalDoc Wrote:  

Its one thing gaming a girl, and getting her for a lay. But maintaining a relationship, especially a marriage in this day and age you need to be someone who has a clear picture of the gender sexual dynamics.

Yep. This quote explains the problem:

Quote:Quote:

Strauss’ soon-to-be-ex-wife Ingrid de la O may be a psychotic or unstable individual, but the reality is that Strauss chose to marry her when he should have known better.

PUA is really a whole different skillset from monogamy/LTR. That he would tire of gaming women isn't that unusual, BTW. While it sounds good in theory but men aren't really evolved to be satisfied with a lifetime of swinging uncommitted bachelorhood.

Quote: (12-16-2018 10:39 AM)quaker13 Wrote:  

Neil was, is and always will be a fraud. His book was still decent, but if it weren't for the circles he traveled in as a wll regarded music journalist he wouldn't have a fraction of the opportunity his career created for him. In other words, all things being equal, if he was Neil Straus the generic transactional atty making 350k a year he'd get a lot less action despite making a healthy wage

The pseudo-spiritual, new age stuff he has been pushing lately is probably psychobabble bullshit, but I disagree that he has always been a fraud. I think his book, Rules of the Game is an excellent self-help tome and is underrated in the library of game books.

Quote: (12-16-2018 11:46 AM)C-Note Wrote:  

The pseudo-spiritual, new age stuff he has been pushing lately is probably psychobabble bullshit, but I disagree that he has always been a fraud. I think his book, Rules of the Game is an excellent self-help tome and is underrated in the library of game books.

I learnt today that he got into the prepper movement. When does a liberal, feminist Jew with impeccable MSM credentials from New York ever have anything in common with NRA Protestants preparing for New World Order guillotines in Montana?

If I had to guess, she was cheating on him.

Weak mindset. You create your own opportunities. How many thousands of more prominent writers, artists, and actual rock stars have settled with some dumpy woman around their own age because they didn't want to create the opportunity for anything better? Being a journalist isn't exactly a panty-dropping profession. The only thing his career opened the door to was getting with Courtney Love's bandmate, beyond that all his bangs were opportunities anyone could get. Hell, one of the guys in his book got Paris Hilton's number when he met her out on the street somewhere. And Neil lost opportunities on other girls that an attorney who was making a concerted effort would have access to. This is just another version of the copout where a short guy says "if only I was taller", a tall guy says "if only I was better looking", and a good looking guy says "If only I had more money". Stop dreaming and blaming and make good with what you have, like the short, bald, dweeb at the center of this story did.

And give the guy some credit. His book changed my life, and the lives of most of you younger guys indirectly, whether you realize it or not. Even "Bang" had quite a few acknowledgements to Mystery in it, who none of us would likely know about if it wasn't for Neil. Hope things work out for him, but I'm sure he'll be fine.

Here is (((Neil Strauss'))) 2 hour long PUA training video from back in the day that he used to sell for big bucks to guys dumb enough to pay the outrageous full price for it. I first saw it on youtube years ago (before I found Roosh) and I found 95% of Strauss' advice pretty useless, cause so much of it was lines and long routines to be used mostly in night clubs. Also in this video he doesn't come across as a guy who has internalised game and changed his overall nature, but rather is simply a actor going through the motions/instructions to get what he wants. Meaning his heart is not fully in it and he will always default back to his pre game aware beta behaviours and beta habits.

(His pink shirt and red sweater on top with a huge japanese female anime character is another beta giveaway)

Quote: (12-16-2018 05:05 AM)Caduceus Wrote:  

(((Neil Strauss)))

Dunno how religious he is, but I did a bit of searching and came us with this:

Quote:JewishJournal Wrote:

You Don’t Have to Be Jewish to Need Pickup Advice

BY ORIT ARFA | MAY 11, 2010 | ARTS

Neil Strauss has a Jewish name: Tuvia, from the word tov, meaning good. It was given to him by a college buddy, Dustin, who became a religious Jewish mouthpiece in “The Game,” Strauss’ best-selling book about his exploits as a pickup-artist-in-training and bible to sexually frustrated men all over the world.

Dustin was proof that average-looking American Jewish men can be first-rate womanizers. With one simple glance, he could get a pretty girl at a bar to make out with him in a dark corner, almost like magic, while Strauss looked on with envy. Physically, Strauss painted himself as the classic Jewish neb (although he didn’t call himself that): short, balding and scrawny, with a nose that has a bump at the ridge.

Dustin has since gone from playboy to yeshiva boy. He went to Jerusalem, traded in one-night-stands for Ma’ariv, changed his name to Avisha and now focuses his energy on a rabbi’s daughter — his wife. Meanwhile, Strauss has gone from dateless dud to revered sage of the PUA (pickup art) community, men — and some women — who share knowledge, rules and terminology on the art of seduction. He followed up “The Game” with his L.A.-based “Stylelife Academy,” selling audio programs and tool kits. Last year, he released the paperback edition of “Rules of the Game,” a how-to book filled with self-help messages, field exercises, tested routines and short stories of seduction.

Story continues after the jump.

With astonishing candor and laugh-out-loud humor, Strauss describes his method for rousing a threesome (the dual-induction massage), his seduction of a smelly 60-year-old woman and of a Muslim seductress. But there’s one subject on which he’s conspicuously silent.

During a telephone interview, the L.A.-based Strauss stammered when asked about his Jewish background and said: “My parents are very secretive.”

In “The Game” he scoffed at the name Tuvia and embraced “Style,” his PUA alter ego. But he says Jewish identity played no real role in his quest for his many sexual partners.

“I’m very much a humanist,” Strauss said. “It wouldn’t matter if I were Jewish or whatever. I just find it shouldn’t be segmented.”

If anything, he says “Emergency,” his book about surviving an America in crisis, is written more from a Jewish mindset. He points out that awkwardness around women is not a particularly Jewish malady.

“Everywhere you go there are quiet, frustrated, lonely, desperate men who don’t know how to interact with women, and those interactions tend to be the same. It’s human nature.”

His secret to success?

“I think it was just having an attitude that if someone else can do it, I can do it. And if I failed, I figured out what was my mistake, what went wrong, think it through in my mind, talk to experts and find out what I should have done, then do it right the next time.”

But women, he says, whether they know it or like it, set the rules of the “game.”

“I don’t think woman are at fault for it,” he said. “They need to do it. That fact is, to some extent, no matter who you are, as a woman there are guys who are hitting on you and coming up to you, whether you realize it or not. You need some kind of tool to differentiate who you should spend your time on.”

While he refuses to talk about his Jewish background, Strauss revealed some Jewish influence on his ethics about life and love in a recent blog about the “meaning of life.” He told his fans how he read the Bible one summer after a teacher put it first on the list of the world’s best works of literature. The book of Kohelet (Ecclesiastes) made a lasting impression.

“I found the life advice of Ecclesiastes very good and accurate,” he said. “Work. Be happy. Die.”

https://jewishjournal.com/culture/arts/7...up-advice/

Quote: (12-16-2018 12:12 PM)Caduceus Wrote:  

Here is (((Strauss'))) 2 hour long PUA training video from back in the day that he used to sell for big bucks to guys dumb enough to pay full price for it. I first saw it on youtube years ago (before I found Roosh) and I found 95% of Strauss' advice pretty useless, cause so much of it was lines and long routines to be used mostly in night clubs. Also in this video he doesn't come across as a guy who has internalised game and changed his overall nature, but rather is simply a actor going through the motions/instructions to get what he wants. Meaning his heart is not fully in it and he will always default back to his pre game aware behaviours and habits.

Dude you gotta chill a bit! When you're saying the advice of Strauss is useless, you're indirectly saying the advice of Mystery is useless... and therefore the advice of his mentor Rick H is absurd! Rubbish! You may not like Neil... and yes his book was probably used to further an agenda... but if you're into Game... he's one of the Mount Rushmore figure of "Slaying Lizards" as Moma would say... and that's an incontestable Fact.

Strauss is a minor celebrity. Most celebrity marriage don't work. There are reasons on both sides:

1). The "celebrity spouse" is marrying a lifestyle more than a person. When day-to-day reality sets in, it's often unpleasant, because they realize they're sharing the celebrity's attention with a lot of others. If they married the celebrity more for money and fame than love, that makes it worse.

2). The celebrity himself (or herself) becomes dissatisfied with the spouse they marry because celebrities thrive on LOTS of attention. When that attention gets whittled down to coming from just one person, it feels claustrophobic and isolating.

ROK article covered this:

Quote:Quote:

"After his misadventures in sex rehab, Neil Strauss’ The Truth seems like a twisted version of Saint Augustine’s Confessions. After much hand-wringing, personal introspection, and researching relationships, he concluded that monogamy opposes human nature. If that’s true, traditional morality is an unattainable ideal. However, as soon as he mentions polyamory to his girlfriend Ingrid, what’s left of their relationship pops like a soap bubble."

Quote: (12-16-2018 12:44 PM)Captain Gh Wrote:  

Dude you gotta chill a bit! When you're saying the advice of Strauss is useless, you're indirectly saying the advice of Mystery is useless... and therefore the advice of his mentor Rick H is absurd! Rubbish! You may not like Neil... and yes his book was probably used to further an agenda... but if you're into Game... he's one of the Mount Rushmore figure of "Slaying Lizards" as Moma would say... and that's an incontestable Fact.

Watch the video I posted or at least 10 to 15 minutes of it...do you find his advice useful, pratical and easy to understand and put into action ? Does it produces the results you want ? Can you do it without coming across as a try hard actor ? More importantly does Strauss care about the problems of single men nowadays, now that he isn't making money off of them ?

I found the game advice from Roosh and the relationship advice from Heartiste so much better, down to earth, and easy to put into action. Best of all - IT WORKS. Most importantly to this day both Roosh & Heartiste have remained true both to the advice they gave other men back in the day and to the overall principals of game. Meaning their transformations into woke men and players were organic and legit. 10 years have passed and both Roosh and Heartiste are STILL trying to help other men, in large part FOR FREE.

(((Strauss))) has sold out and changed his opinions and principals numerous times based on who his paymasters were. If he isn't making money off of you he doesn't give a shit.

No matter who you are marriage is tough. Neil did his thing in the early 2000's , good for him. Divorce sucks, I hope he is handling it well.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

Quote: (12-16-2018 12:30 PM)JWLZG Wrote:  

Quote: (12-16-2018 05:05 AM)Caduceus Wrote:  

(((Neil Strauss)))

Dunno how religious he is, but I did a bit of searching and came us with this:

Quote:JewishJournal Wrote:

You Don’t Have to Be Jewish to Need Pickup Advice

BY ORIT ARFA | MAY 11, 2010 | ARTS

Neil Strauss has a Jewish name: Tuvia, from the word tov, meaning good. It was given to him by a college buddy, Dustin, who became a religious Jewish mouthpiece in “The Game,” Strauss’ best-selling book about his exploits as a pickup-artist-in-training and bible to sexually frustrated men all over the world.

Dustin was proof that average-looking American Jewish men can be first-rate womanizers. With one simple glance, he could get a pretty girl at a bar to make out with him in a dark corner, almost like magic, while Strauss looked on with envy. Physically, Strauss painted himself as the classic Jewish neb (although he didn’t call himself that): short, balding and scrawny, with a nose that has a bump at the ridge.

Dustin has since gone from playboy to yeshiva boy. He went to Jerusalem, traded in one-night-stands for Ma’ariv, changed his name to Avisha and now focuses his energy on a rabbi’s daughter — his wife. Meanwhile, Strauss has gone from dateless dud to revered sage of the PUA (pickup art) community, men — and some women — who share knowledge, rules and terminology on the art of seduction. He followed up “The Game” with his L.A.-based “Stylelife Academy,” selling audio programs and tool kits. Last year, he released the paperback edition of “Rules of the Game,” a how-to book filled with self-help messages, field exercises, tested routines and short stories of seduction.

Story continues after the jump.

With astonishing candor and laugh-out-loud humor, Strauss describes his method for rousing a threesome (the dual-induction massage), his seduction of a smelly 60-year-old woman and of a Muslim seductress. But there’s one subject on which he’s conspicuously silent.

During a telephone interview, the L.A.-based Strauss stammered when asked about his Jewish background and said: “My parents are very secretive.”

In “The Game” he scoffed at the name Tuvia and embraced “Style,” his PUA alter ego. But he says Jewish identity played no real role in his quest for his many sexual partners.

“I’m very much a humanist,” Strauss said. “It wouldn’t matter if I were Jewish or whatever. I just find it shouldn’t be segmented.”

If anything, he says “Emergency,” his book about surviving an America in crisis, is written more from a Jewish mindset. He points out that awkwardness around women is not a particularly Jewish malady.

“Everywhere you go there are quiet, frustrated, lonely, desperate men who don’t know how to interact with women, and those interactions tend to be the same. It’s human nature.”

His secret to success?

“I think it was just having an attitude that if someone else can do it, I can do it. And if I failed, I figured out what was my mistake, what went wrong, think it through in my mind, talk to experts and find out what I should have done, then do it right the next time.”

But women, he says, whether they know it or like it, set the rules of the “game.”

“I don’t think woman are at fault for it,” he said. “They need to do it. That fact is, to some extent, no matter who you are, as a woman there are guys who are hitting on you and coming up to you, whether you realize it or not. You need some kind of tool to differentiate who you should spend your time on.”

While he refuses to talk about his Jewish background, Strauss revealed some Jewish influence on his ethics about life and love in a recent blog about the “meaning of life.” He told his fans how he read the Bible one summer after a teacher put it first on the list of the world’s best works of literature. The book of Kohelet (Ecclesiastes) made a lasting impression.

“I found the life advice of Ecclesiastes very good and accurate,” he said. “Work. Be happy. Die.”

https://jewishjournal.com/culture/arts/7...up-advice/

I noticed a few Jews in the book. Ross Jeffries was another one. Then Dustin was full on Jew. And I think David Shade is Jewish.

One of the most famous and, at least if his own account is to be believed, skilled PUAs of his day could not even manage to keep his American wife happy enough to save the marriage. Granted, the level of game required was not as high back then and he did operate primarily in places that are known to be loose and easy (Las Vegas, Hollywood/LA, Serbia, etc.) but his results were still impressive for the time and he was for all intents and purposes a professional pleaser and entertainer of women. So, if even he cannot manage to pull it off, what are normal men and even mid-level red pill guys supposed to think about their realistic odds of having a decent married life in their home country at any point in the future?

That is what the optimistic and idealistic part of me wants to think. The realistic side of me knows that 99% of guys will do everything they can to stay asleep until enough of the ship has been submerged that, even if they make a last-minute attempt to swim away from the wreck, there is no way that the mass of the ship will not pull them under with it.

There may also be something to be said for the destructive potential of an out-of-control pornography and internet addiction here as he apparently did blow a lot of money on cam girls that could have been spent on more fulfilling things.

Quote: (12-16-2018 12:11 PM)Gorgiass Wrote:  

And give the guy some credit. His book changed my life, and the lives of most of you younger guys indirectly, whether you realize it or not. Even "Bang" had quite a few acknowledgements to Mystery in it, who none of us would likely know about if it wasn't for Neil. Hope things work out for him, but I'm sure he'll be fine.

I remember getting his books from the bookstore and reading it way back when I was in my first year or two of college. Definitely a life changer. Though I've read more since then that was deeper and more red pill, I still agree that we should give credit where it is due and recognize that, without his book, most of us would likely have never found our way here and many of us would in all probability be going through the same sort of soul-ravaging divorce that he is undoubtedly about to endure or at least be in the process of setting ourselves up for such a thing.