rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Two roads for the French right | Mark Lilla, New York Review

I thought I should mention this paper from the liberal leaning New York Review about the French right. It describes with objectivity the very active intellectual debates among French conservatives in the current culture war. Many of their themes, culture, tradition, immigration, individualism, globalism, the role of women, are popular in this forum. It’s a bit long but very interesting imo. Marion Maréchal, who spoke after Mike Pence at the Conservative Conference last February, is the woman to watch.

https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2018/12...nch-right/

This is a very interesting article. I agree that many of these ideas are popular in the forum, and I see some of these ideas in Trump's approach. I don't have time right now to articulate some of the details that interest me. I will try to write some of this out later.

I find the ideas in this article to be very appealing, but I don't know if they can achieve majority support in European or Anglosphere countries. The political pendulum tends to swing back and forth from generation to generation. It would be great if it swung this way in the next 10-20 years.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Quote: (12-11-2018 05:38 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

This is a very interesting article. I agree that many of these ideas are popular in the forum, and I see some of these ideas in Trump's approach. I don't have time right now to articulate some of the details that interest me. I will try to write some of this out later.

I find the ideas in this article to be very appealing, but I don't know if they can achieve majority support in European or Anglosphere countries. The political pendulum tends to swing back and forth from generation to generation. It would be great if it swung this way in the next 10-20 years.

Bannon's approach probably, not Trump. Trump's approach on economics is not similar to FN.