rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Approaching: Eye contact or not?

Hi,

How much do you rely on eye contact before approaching a girl?

idane

None, they are on their phones 60% of thr time.

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

Eye contact is IOI. It helps.
However, for me, it's not a necessity

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote: (12-10-2018 02:25 PM)TheMaleBrain Wrote:  

Eye contact is IOI. It helps.
However, for me, it's not a necessity

For day game it's best to look for IOIs like eye contact that indicate availability and receptiveness.

Night game, you're not gonna get eye contact as much but it is still valuable to pay attention to especially when you notice it more than once or for more than a few seconds.

Don't approach ONLY if you get eye contact... but know that eye contact is usually a good IOI to pursue into an approach.

Half the time in day game, a chick has her headphones on or is on her phone or both.

If I waited for IOIs I would never get anything done.

You've got to be ruthless in cold approach and move fast. I find it hard not to scare chicks, being 6'2. I often think the shorter guys must have it easier with cold approach. Chicks scare really easily, especially in western society.

They are so entitled that they are probably thinking "Is this how a rape starts" to themselves as an unknown male comes up to them and says that they look good. Haha!

I've been in trouble more times than I care to remember in day game.

Quote: (12-13-2018 12:20 PM)TheLegendofBentCock Wrote:  

Half the time in day game, a chick has her headphones on or is on her phone or both.

If I waited for IOIs I would never get anything done. be banned from places

Don't randomly approach any girl you want, it doesn't work like that and the guys that tell you to do that are either:

A. Socially retarded and creep out tons of girls on a daily basis, or

B. Don't know what they're talking about and enjoy spewing "alpha male" bs online to boost their ego

You've got to be ruthless in cold approach and move fast. I find it hard not to scare chicks, being 6'2. I often think the shorter guys must have it easier with cold approach. Chicks scare really easily, especially in western society.

Bro are you fucking serious?

Since when is being 6'2" scary to chicks? Are you really trying to rationalize that if you were shorter you would have more success?

Girls these days definitely do not scare easily, it is quite the contrary. The absolute majority of girls I know think that they are safer than ever and even believe that they could fight off a man. We live in 2018 my man, not 1918, these hoes think that they are invincible.

I think this is even more evidence that you are missing a huge part of game: COMMON SENSE.

You're obviously creeping out girls.

They are so entitled that they are probably thinking "Is this how a rape starts" to themselves as an unknown male comes up to them and says that they look good. Haha!

Nope, they're thinking

"Why is this strange guy trying to fuck me when I showed no interest in him?" while trying to find a way to get away from you.

Once again... direct is NOT for daygame for 99% of occasions unless you are a very good looking guy with girls approaching you regularly.

How is one meant to do daygame then? As far as I know, daygame is a simple process of picking a chick walking along the street and then getting in front of her, forcing her to stop and then delivering a compliment to her.

There is no opportunity for her to "show interest" because she is simply walking down the street going about her day to day business, completely unaware that she is about to be approached.

This is my guy

I know he looks like a model which gives him some advantages but the principles are the same.

This is the kind of thing we are up against:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/uk...ailsignout

Quote: (12-14-2018 07:43 AM)TheLegendofBentCock Wrote:  

How is one meant to do daygame then? As far as I know, daygame is a simple process of picking a chick walking along the street and then getting in front of her, forcing her to stop and then delivering a compliment to her.

There is no opportunity for her to "show interest" because she is simply walking down the street going about her day to day business, completely unaware that she is about to be approached.

This is my guy

I know he looks like a model which gives him some advantages but the principles are the same.

This is the kind of thing we are up against:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/uk...ailsignout

Have you read Day Game by Roosh?

Go and read that and start trying his indirect techniques.

It’s all about being organic and (most of the time) indirect.

You actually have normal conversations with girls and if they are interested in you, there are methods that he goes over to close her by setting up a date or getting a # with the intention to.

It is the absolute best way because you do not scare girls into immediately closing up by going direct. It’s so easy anyone should be able to do it, even with minimum experience, because it is simply just having everyday conversations.

Quote:Quote:

How is one meant to do daygame then?

Tom Torero has a little free e-book on his website. It gets one started. After perhaps a few hundred sets it is worth to get material from Krauser. Or follow Roosh and then switch to Krauser material.

Just beware that the London model is all about being direct. It works a whole lot better than being indirect and then trying to build attraction from there; it is not congruent.

Ignore the headphones unless she is talking (phone call). No reason to let a lifeless device cockblock you.

If I waited for IOIs I would never get anything done.

During day you won't be getting many IOI's. No point waiting for one.

I find it hard not to scare chicks,

You be doing "something" wrong. I never had a girl scare and I am longer than most (Dutch).

Have someone watch you when you approach. Someone able to critique your vibe. There is a good chance that your nervousness actually makes you appear threatening. For example; when I am concentrating it looks like I am angry.

Try to calm down and focus on breathing. Make sure that you have a smile on your face.

Although I agree that you might want to try indirect for a while. Just to get some issues worked out.

@ The Golden God

Have you ever done daygame? Because I think you are full of shit.

For day game it's best to look for IOIs like eye contact that indicate availability and receptiveness.

You are not getting many IOI's during the day. Just approach.

Don't randomly approach any girl you want, it doesn't work like that and the guys that tell you to do that are either:

A. Socially retarded and creep out tons of girls on a daily basis, or

B. Don't know what they're talking about and enjoy spewing "alpha male" bs online to boost their ego

Randomly approach any girl you want. Do not be told that you are socially retarded. He is trying to put you down.

Once again... direct is NOT for daygame for 99% of occasions unless you are a very good looking guy with girls approaching you regularly.

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. Direct is the optimal way for daygame. Go have your argument with the London daygame crew.

You must be a walking God if girls be approaching you on the street. Does not happen for ordinary mortals.

Only three ways to do something: "The right way. The wrong way. Or my way. Obviously my way is best."

The fact is, you are not going to build a substantial amount of attraction with a girl that is not already attracted to you pre-approach. ESPECIALLY in the dating market that we have today where girls do not have a reason to date a man that they do not find attractive. I'll admit my personal results are somewhat skewed and I am not going to have the same experience that some of you have with daygaming.

I'm probably a 9 to most girls in my preferred group of 18-22 and I'm dealing with college girls most of the time. Girls are more receptive to me than the average guy and I get lots of chances that others do not.

Before you go screaming that I have it on easy mode or I don't have any game, my looks do not mean that I don't understand basic social psychology.

Quote: (12-14-2018 10:24 AM)BadBoyGamer Wrote:  

You must be a walking God if girls be approaching you on the street. Does not happen for ordinary mortals.

I've had plenty of girls open me by complimenting my haircut, my style or my voice among other things while in my normal day-to-day activities of going places for work or frequenting lunch spots or coffee shops. From preppy sorority girls on campus, to wildebeests working the counter at the coffeeshop.

I know a girl is interested when she is giving me eye contact across the room, when she looks over towards me stroking her hair, when she smiles at me then looks away quickly following that with a double take, when she shows open body language and looks around the room frequently.

Yeah, you probably don't get IOIs if you are ugly and dress terribly. Just the facts of life.

If you don't frequent spots during the day with available girls that are open to conversation with strangers, you probably won't get many IOIs.

You should put your focus on becoming as attractive as possible, because it is the first most important thing in girls receptiveness to you. While maximizing your attractiveness, work on small talk and rambling in conversations so that you are used to the ebb and flow of normal conversation, and build on your ability to funnel the conversation to topics that you would like to talk about.

A strategy of always going direct in daygame is retarded, because in 9/10 scenarios the girl is not in a state where she is receptive to a guy walking up and trying to fuck her in the middle of her day.

From following a day game approach like Roosh's, you make things easier on yourself.

You don't waste time approaching girls that are going to shoot you down immediately.

You focus on finding girls receptive to you with high availability, then you use normal conversation skills to open her, get her asking personal questions about you, then closing by using GALNUC or a similar approach.

Quote: (12-14-2018 10:51 AM)The Golden God Wrote:  

The fact is, you are not going to build a substantial amount of attraction with a girl that is not already attracted to you pre-approach. ESPECIALLY in the dating market that we have today where girls do not have a reason to date a man that they do not find attractive. I'll admit my personal results are somewhat skewed and I am not going to have the same experience that some of you have with daygaming.

I'm probably a 9 to most girls in my preferred group of 18-22 and I'm dealing with college girls most of the time. Girls are more receptive to me than the average guy and I get lots of chances that others do not.

Before you go screaming that I have it on easy mode or I don't have any game, my looks do not mean that I don't understand basic social psychology.

Quote: (12-14-2018 10:24 AM)BadBoyGamer Wrote:  

I've had plenty of girls open me by complimenting my haircut, my style or my voice among other things while in my normal day-to-day activities of going places for work or frequenting lunch spots or coffee shops. From preppy sorority girls on campus, to wildebeests working the counter at the coffeeshop.

I know a girl is interested when she is giving me eye contact across the room, when she looks over towards me stroking her hair, when she smiles at me then looks away quickly following that with a double take, when she shows open body language and looks around the room frequently.

Yeah, you probably don't get IOIs if you are ugly and dress terribly. Just the facts of life.

If you don't frequent spots during the day with available girls that are open to conversation with strangers, you probably won't get many IOIs.

You should put your focus on becoming as attractive as possible, because it is the first most important thing in girls receptiveness to you. While maximizing your attractiveness, work on small talk and rambling in conversations so that you are used to the ebb and flow of normal conversation, and build on your ability to funnel the conversation to topics that you would like to talk about.

A strategy of always going direct in daygame is retarded, because in 9/10 scenarios the girl is not in a state where she is receptive to a guy walking up and trying to fuck her in the middle of her day.

From following a day game approach like Roosh's, you make things easier on yourself.

You don't waste time approaching girls that are going to shoot you down immediately.

You focus on finding girls receptive to you with high availability, then you use normal conversation skills to open her, get her asking personal questions about you, then closing by using GALNUC or a similar approach.

It's quite an exaggeration to say that compliments in ordinary day to day conversations count as an "approach". An approach is physically going out of you're way to stop someone dead in their tracks and compliment them.

Day game is cold approaching. No one goes out day gaming looking for IOIs, that would be impractical.

Confidence is the most attractive thing a man could have. That sounds like you are an advocate of the black pill theory.

I am surprised you consider yourself a 9/10 to young college girls because surely you would drop a couple of points for being in you're 30s.

I have only just started cold approach pickup at 29 so I am very insecure about my age, because ageism is the final taboo in our society.

And also, you aren't tackling the challenge of day game properly if you only do "warm approaches". The fact that you are cold approaching in day game is what makes it such a nerve-racking challenge and what pushes you're development.

Anyone could do an approach if they knew the chick was going to be receptive and all you had to do was not something outrageous. The challenge of cold approaching is that the chick might yell out in the middle of the street when passers by can hear or if in a mall/supermarket might go to security to complain against a creepy man approaching her.

That is the uncertainty that a true day gamer has to live with and face every time he goes to town to run day game.

Quote: (12-17-2018 04:41 PM)TheLegendofBentCock Wrote:  

It's quite an exaggeration to say that compliments in ordinary day to day conversations count as an "approach". An approach is physically going out of you're way to stop someone dead in their tracks and compliment them.

Day game is cold approaching. No one goes out day gaming looking for IOIs, that would be impractical.

Confidence is the most attractive thing a man could have. That sounds like you are an advocate of the black pill theory.

I am surprised you consider yourself a 9/10 to young college girls because surely you would drop a couple of points for being in you're 30s.

Don't know where you got that from. I'm 21 and in college. I'm also an amateur MMA fighter and fitness model with a 99th percentile physique. Not trying to self-aggrandize, but to give more of a realistic look of what my experiences are and why they are like that.

I regularly have girls approach me & directly compliment me.

I'll admit I don't have as much experience with approaching and trying to convert girls who are not attracted to me, because I don't waste my time on uninterested or unavailable women when there are plenty of others to go after.

I have only just started cold approach pickup at 29 so I am very insecure about my age, because ageism is the final taboo in our society.

And also, you aren't tackling the challenge of day game properly if you only do "warm approaches". The fact that you are cold approaching in day game is what makes it such a nerve-racking challenge and what pushes you're development.

I have plenty of places I interact with girls and I'm not that worried about developing a "day game skill stack" per say. My objective for day game is to talk to girls that I think are hot and are going to be receptive to me. Cold approaching isn't nerve-racking to me because I don't derive my value from the acceptance of a girl I do not know. Day game is just an extension of the way that I socialize everyday, not an activity that I dedicate lots of thought and effort to.

The majority of the approaches I have done in day game have been warm approaches because that is what works and it is the best & most efficient way to go about things.

Anyone could do an approach if they knew the chick was going to be receptive and all you had to do was not something outrageous. The challenge of cold approaching is that the chick might yell out in the middle of the street when passers by can hear or if in a mall/supermarket might go to security to complain against a creepy man approaching her.

That is the uncertainty that a true day gamer has to live with and face every time he goes to town to run day game.

I don't know why you think that cold approaching has to be a difficult thing.

It is probably part of the reason why your approaches scare off girls, it should all be natural & smooth.

Of course, you have to be attractive & have a suave vibe to pull it off best.

I agree with Philosopher. Girls are on their phones most of the time so not getting sustained eye contact from across the street or food court is not necessarily an indicator that she is not gameable. When you get solid eye contact (when they hold it for a few seconds), it is a great IOI and would be cause for an approach but not getting it doesn’t necessarily mean she would not be interested in you if she were not currently being distracted by the 50 Tinder conversations she has going currently, all the PMs on her Instagram from thirsty men in the Middle East and Indian subcontinent, and several videos of cats doing cat things sent to her by other women and probably one or two orbiters.

Just don’t take it very seriously. See her the same at she sees you and all other guys (at least until the wall when men start becoming scarce): as one among many who will reveal themselves to you. A drop in the ocean and a single leaf amidst countless others blowing in the wind in autumn. Don’t psyche yourself out and, if she rejects you, don’t even give yourself the time to take it on the chin or pontificate about it. Just move on immediately to the next thing.

Eye contact definitely go

No eye contact only if she's really hot and you feel that urgency.