rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Need help getting out of a slump

Hi guys. I am not new to the board, been here since 2013 under a different name, met up with some other posters from 2013-2016. After the doxxing situation & 2016 election I became less active but continued to lurk here on and off, mostly in the politics section.

I'm early 30s and my notch count is 60+, that includes a lot of women I am not proud of, but I have regressed pretty far and it's been over a year since I've gotten laid (not including one drunk hookup at a wedding that I feel awful about). A lot of my friends have gotten married and started having kids recently so I don't have nearly as many people to hang out with, and the loneliness and lack of success and reading too much about all this SJW/false rape accusation stuff has really mindfucked me.

I'm in DC and have always been dealing with the DC issues that have been covered on here extensively, but it seems to have gotten much worse in the last couple years. It's been almost exactly a year since I've met a single woman who was attractive enough for me to even bother pursuing. I gave up on the dating apps because I've been on dozens of first dates in a row that end up with the girl ghosting me or saying she just wants to be friends. I always got lots of rejections before but the complete lack of success in well over a year has been extremely demoralizing.

I spent some time in Colombia a few years ago and was just astounded by the quality of the women there, and the "busted dudes" test results. When it's slow at work I daydream about moving overseas, learning another language, dating foreign women, but I don't have a passive income source or any connections for a job. Sometimes I think I should leave DC; I'm not particularly tall or good looking and maybe I'm just not competitive here, but I don't want to fall victim to "grass is greener" syndrome and take my issues with me.

I just don't know what I should do now. There is this constant anxiety about time slipping away and missed opportunities and becoming too old to do this stuff.

Sounds like you need a change. Put pen to paper and just start writing what you want. Pros and cons of staying in DC or moving away. What does your dream life look like? What is your purpose?

Meditate on it for a while maybe a few sessions over a few days then start writing what it would take to reach that type of lifestyle. Make a budget. It will give you concrete goals and "checkpoints".

Alright, there's a lot here. I'm going to surmise the problems you've stated as:
1: Women situation is not ideal. Not sure if you want a girlfriend or just to play the field.
2: Social apathy is growing because your friends are leaving and your social circle isn't where you want it to be.
3: You are apathetic about your job (hence your mind wandering when it's slow, and being totally cool with leaving).

Teach nails the second step, which is absolutely nailing down your dreams and then putting a roadmap in place to get there. The first thing you need to do, however is identify the pain points in your life.

Basically, you will write every major complaint that is causing you distress in your life on a piece of paper. Then, you lay out the steps you are going to need to go through in order to "pay the price" to make that pain go away.

Afterwards you can attack your goals, and the process of doing so alone will help you feel better. The natural condition of man is to feel good when he's making progress and bad when he isn't. It's a barometer that tells you when it's time to take action.

You live in Dc. That’s the biggest problem. Try another city.

I mean you can certainly stay and stick it out but you aren’t going to be happy with the quality of women.