rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bluelight protective computer glasses

What's the deal with bluelight computer glasses, are they any different than using bluelight removal software on your computer?

No, blue is blue.

The only benefit to glasses is they filter ALL blue light from ALL sources, not just yours.

Hey Ballsdeep. Long time no talk! The blue from computer screen is irritating to the eye and contributes to eyestrain from long usage. Its emitted by all lcd screen and there is some environmental as well. The belief in optical is that is throws of the circadian rhythm so it contribute to insomnia. Also there was some belief on it causing a type of blindness when you get older, but now a big american optical association says it doesn't. I have it on most of my glasses in the form of an anti reflection coating. It doesn't affect how you see blue, except slightly. Yellow lens do the same but far more color distortion and can make you sleeply.

The software can't help your television or movie theatre screen (if its an led projection).

Blue light comes from electric light too. I got a red light for my home office (better to call it computer room) and I like it a lot. Gives me a relaxed feeling in the evening. Now, like kbell said, computer glasses reduce the eyestrain due to staring at a flat screen which is close to your face. I'm wearing one right now.

But if you're balls deep then why care??

A whore ain't nothing but a trick to a pimp. (Iceberg Slim)
Beauty is in the erection of the beholder. (duedue)
Grab your life by the pussy.
A better question to ask is "What EXACTLY do I want out of life and what EXACTLY am I doing to get EXACTLY that? If you can answer that question truthfully you will be the most Alpha motherfucker you will ever need to be. (PapayaTapper)

My ophtamologist made it pretty clear that it's just a marketing gimmick with zero real-life effect. I'd stick to installing f.lux on your computer.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote:Quote:

[Image: agree2.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (12-01-2018 11:05 AM)duedue Wrote:  

Blue light comes from electric light too. I got a red light for my home office (better to call it computer room) and I like it a lot. Gives me a relaxed feeling in the evening. Now, like kbell said, computer glasses reduce the eyestrain due to staring at a flat screen which is close to your face. I'm wearing one right now.

I always have all the lights off at night.

This is a mindset issue.

The gamma-ray glasses are sold for around 10-15$ on Amazon. They might give you 0 benefits or they might change your life ( different friends of mine had highly different results). So basically the cost of entry is extremely low but the positive could be sky high ( 2-3x work productivity in front of your computer). Spend the money. Try it. ASAP.

Quote: (12-01-2018 09:33 PM)HD668B Wrote:  

This is a mindset issue.

The gamma-ray glasses are sold for around 10-15$ on Amazon. They might give you 0 benefits or they might change your life ( different friends of mine had highly different results). So basically the cost of entry is extremely low but the positive could be sky high ( 2-3x work productivity in front of your computer). Spend the money. Try it. ASAP.

Exactly right. Every person is unique. Health protocols will work for some people and yet not work for others. You must experiment yourself.

I have had a terrible time falling asleep all my life. In my case, a healthy diet, proper exercise, and taking magnesium and melatonin an hour before sleeping made all the difference. Maintaining a regular sleep schedule was the final missing ingredient. Varying your sleep schedule can really mess up your body's circadian rhythm.

I tried the blue-light glasses and red lights at nightfall. In my case, they made little difference. I now use Iris after f.lux stopped working properly (with an annoying flickering during the twilight changeover) and I discovered that no customer support exists.

I have some Uvex amber glasses. They do work for me, making me more relaxed at night.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

https://raoptics.io

This site will tell you everything you need to know as well as provide a place to buy prescription blue blockers.

Basic idea is that non-natural blue light causes eye damage and messes up circadian rythm if viewed after dark. If you don't need prescription glasses you can get dirt cheap blue blockers on amazon. The ones that block all blue light will be red. The ones that block only some will be yellow. The clear coating some stores such as lenscrafters offer will block only very few blue light frequencies, but are still useful imo.