rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

(Don't Bang) Iceland

(Don't Bang) Iceland

I just spent two nights (Fri/Sat) in Reykjavik followed by a 5 day country tour. Iceland is beautiful and certainly doesn't disappoint when it comes to nature, but for game? I have to give this place a firm pass.

Don't bang Iceland.

Non-gaming info

I won't rehash all the basics here - hotels, flights, food etc as that stuff's been covered quite a bit already. Besides, there's Google.

The only thing I'd add is: bring your own basic meds (cold/fever etc). Pharmacies here close very early and supermarkets, gas stations etc don't carry any medicines at all, period. There's one pharmacy that's open until midnight but there'll be a good chance you'll need a taxi to get to it as it's on the outskirts (ish) of the city.

Gaming in Iceland

Yes I got laid on my second night here, but she was a basic 6 at best. It was a typical bar game lay, not at all one of my best so I won't harp on it much.

The only place worth checking out in the entire city is B5 on a Saturday night (Saturday nights are definitely better than Friday nights). Lots of good talent here but the age skews really young, literally 17-22. Place really gets goin around 1 am.

I was opened by a few girls but as has been pointed out in other threads, they were pulled away within minutes by their friends not to be seen again. Competition for them is fierce - first and foremost from the guys within their own circle, and secondly, from 6'2" tall dudes as well. Yes, of course, these are Viking people, and while women won't care much about your race if you're physically on-point, height is something of a deal breaker for them since they're often tall themselves. I didn't experience any harsh blowouts at all, everyone was polite and easy to chat with. Only cockblocking is the friends pulling her away.

My lay came from a bar nearby and she was one of the very few small Icelandic girls around.

As for tourist gals - this not being the peak season, there just weren't enough of them to be seen, let alone pursued.

I tried strolling around for spots with a more 23-29 ish crowd but couldn't find any worth spending time on. Bizarre. Honestly I don't know where this crowd goes - maybe they're mostly coupled up, maybe they're avoiding downtown, maybe they're all on Tinder - no idea what's goin on there.

Daygaming - don't bother. There's a real paucity of talent during the day, no matter where you go. The average Icelandic girl spotted during the day regardless of her age just isn't much to look at, not only because of the rampant overweightness but even taking into account facial features. Frankly I was a bit taken aback by how many of the women here are overweight. I shit you not, it's worse than even North America. In my previous (non-gaming) trips to Europe in places such as France, Greece, Hungary etc not long ago it was quite the opposite.

The cutest girls I did happen to see during the day were actually the Lithuanian and Polish immigrant workers at the restaurants and hotels out in the countryside during my tour. Slimmer, prettier, warmer - a difference in kind almost, not just degree.

I don't normally do Tinder but I took a quick peek and it seemed like girls on there were pretty cute. If you happen to be a Tinder God, maybe this route might be one to consider. But if you're more of a night/daygame kinda guy, there's way better places than here in Europe/LatAm/SEA. Even places in North America blow this out the water, no question about it. So come to Iceland for the nature, not for the women. Your return on time + money are practically guaranteed to be higher elsewhere. There's just not enough juice here worth the squeeze of your wallet and time.

Perhaps once upon a time this was a pussy paradise, but it certainly isn't one now.

Pussy ain't for pussies...

(Don't Bang) Iceland

I don't think Iceland is the place to go for game (now at least) unless you like western backpacker girls. I have a great interest in going to Iceland. Actually going in the near future. But my mindset is not focused on game at all. It's a pure nature tourism trip for me and from what I hear, it's one of the best countries in the world to see the great outdoors. Still has a lot more appeal to me than London or Paris even if it is far away from the '08 scene lol.

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

(Don't Bang) Iceland

The more I read these data sheets, the more I think they're worthless without knowing the SMV of the guy writing them. How tall are you? You kind of insinuate you're small, which could be the only reason why you got blown off, since you stated yourself they're tall and your competition even taller. So maybe the title could be "(Don't bang) Iceland (if you're small)". Maybe I'm wrong about that though, but that's what I can make out of your story without info about your SMV.

(Don't Bang) Iceland

Quote: (11-24-2018 10:27 AM)PremiumBeefCut Wrote:  

The more I read these data sheets, the more I think they're worthless without knowing the SMV of the guy writing them. How tall are you? You kind of insinuate you're small, which could be the only reason why you got blown off, since you stated yourself they're tall and your competition even taller. So maybe the title could be "(Don't bang) Iceland (if you're small)". Maybe I'm wrong about that though, but that's what I can make out of your story without info about your SMV.

I'm around 5'8" so not a midget as such, but not a towering Viking either. I'm athletic with a slim but not skinny build, dress sharp, and I'm not socially awkward. I've picked up a good number of girls in LA, NYC, Greece etc in the 18-25 age range and 7+ on the looks scale through both day and night game over the years. I'm in my 30s now but can easily pass for mid-late 20s.

That said, I made it quite clear that I was *not* blown off, but in fact actively opened by girls. I even got laid fairly easily without major effort. Furthermore, the girls getting pulled away by their friends has been noted by others as well - browse the forum for Iceland threads and you'll find a post by Roosh himself stating this.

Perhaps you think that a city with just 1 nightclub with cute girls on one night of the week is enough to make it worth a gaming trip, but frankly that's just plain silly. There's too many other options all over Europe and elsewhere.

I'm sure there are places where my height alone would be the dealbreaker, not the lack of talent. Belgrade comes to mind as one such place. But I'm also sure that's not the case here in Iceland.

But go ahead, go to Iceland if you must, but don't complain that you weren't warned.

(Don't Bang) Iceland

It's not not about whether I want to go to Iceland or not lol, it's just I'm skeptical of those data sheets where the guy doesn't say anything about his looks or game and blames the country for his lack of success. But now you made it clear that this wasn't the problem and that Iceland might be indeed a shitty place to do pick-up, so thanks for clarifying.

(Don't Bang) Iceland

Frigid women won't open their legs lol

(Don't Bang) Iceland

Can you explain the interaction with the one girl? I'm curious how you were able to pull her without the potential of interruption by people she may have known, because that was a big issue for me when I was in Reykjavik.

(Don't Bang) Iceland

I have a hard time believing that Icelandic girls are all fat, certainly not more fat than in America.

They're more likely stocky, "fridge" body type, like Roosh described in Don't Bang Denmark. Thick, thunder-thighs, with flat ass, can give this misconception of them being fat.

(Don't Bang) Iceland

Quote: (11-24-2018 01:24 PM)Rang off the Pipe Wrote:  

Can you explain the interaction with the one girl? I'm curious how you were able to pull her without the potential of interruption by people she may have known, because that was a big issue for me when I was in Reykjavik.

Sure. Verbal bar game has always been my stronger suit instead of club game, anyway, although I've successfully pulled from both a number of times.

When I walked in she smiled at me and was sitting with her friend who was older, really fat, and also married. Both were Icelandic natives. I opened them both and did the bullshit smalltalk you typically do (what do you want to do, where are you traveling to etc etc). About 15 mins in the fattie for some reason got mad at me and gave the finger, then abruptly decided to leave. This was around 3 am. There was some apprehension from my part that the girl (who was 23) would also call it a night, but when she decided to stay back, I knew I'd crossed the biggest hurdles and from this point on it was just about not fucking up.

From there we went to grab a bite, I cornily suggested listening to music at my place after and the rest, as they say...

Quote: (11-24-2018 01:41 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

I have a hard time believing that Icelandic girls are all fat, certainly not more fat than in America.

They're more likely stocky, "fridge" body type, like Roosh described in Don't Bang Denmark. Thick, thunder-thighs, with flat ass, can give this misconception of them being fat.

Perhaps, although this sounds like a "distinction without a difference" to me. I lump all such women into the 'fat' category.

(Don't Bang) Iceland

Quote: (11-24-2018 10:57 AM)PremiumBeefCut Wrote:  

It's not not about whether I want to go to Iceland or not lol, it's just I'm skeptical of those data sheets where the guy doesn't say anything about his looks or game and blames the country for his lack of success. But now you made it clear that this wasn't the problem and that Iceland might be indeed a shitty place to do pick-up, so thanks for clarifying.

I think you have a good point about certain other posters.

If you read this guy's mini-trip report, he got laid the second night so yes he had success.

He maybe came off as skeptical but whatever complaints were due to lack of opportunities to game high quantities of chicks at desired intervals (lack of nightlife venues/day game spots, etc).

I'm sure Iceland can be better for game but with longer stays. Perhaps expectations of local female talent were a bit high based on public reputation though my interpretation of this mini-report = Iceland is a boring overpriced place.

(Don't Bang) Iceland

Well a lot of times too men only want local chicks in those respective countries but often local women come with cock blocks (overworking, family + friends who might judge and so on). It's funny that he's meeting Eastern European girls in Iceland but that's probably the sort of chicks one should focus in that area of Europe (so long as their ego isn't up to the sky such as a Russian girl in a London pub).

(Don't Bang) Iceland

Nice sheet man!

I don’t have much input as I’ve banged one Icelandic girl but in the high 7 range and that was in NYC.

I have another who is in Iceland and is interested but she’s overweight just like you mentioned. If she lost the damn weight she’d be an 8 because she got a pretty face. I found a lot of those have pretty faces but the rest is meh.

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille

(Don't Bang) Iceland

Quote: (11-24-2018 08:58 AM)yankeetravels Wrote:  

I don't think Iceland is the place to go for game (now at least) unless you like western backpacker girls. I have a great interest in going to Iceland. Actually going in the near future. But my mindset is not focused on game at all. It's a pure nature tourism trip for me and from what I hear, it's one of the best countries in the world to see the great outdoors. Still has a lot more appeal to me than London or Paris even if it is far away from the '08 scene lol.

I'm on the same boat. A friend of mine recently visited there with his girlfriend and I really loved the nature there. Thinking about going there sometime early next year.

And on backpacker girls from what i have heard they pretty much up for a casual fun, if they on some "eat pray love" tour.