rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Money VS Passion

Money VS Passion

How do you guys balance it? Are you lucky enough to make enough money by your passion to sustain you?

What do you value more?

Are you currently trying to do both and burning out?

Are you working your ass off and planning to move to another country to lower the retirement age?

Money VS Passion

I'm right now in my last trimester of Uni. I have my passion which is music. But I have a "side" business and I'm making a few bucks which helps me with my music. I think if I pursue my passion I'll end up with money.

It's hard enough to go to uni and do music at the same time. I feel like I can't perform 100% at both at the same time. So I'm under-performing on university [Image: lol.gif]

Money VS Passion

My passion is to make money. All the fun stuff are just perks along the way[Image: tdcs.gif]

Money VS Passion

Alot of people need money to do their "passions"

My passion is traveling and meeting exotic women. Need money for that......

Money VS Passion

Well, I was thinking about the M.O.B. philosophy and also Roosh's blog post for today.

Wondering if my motivation is lacking at my job because I don't have a solid plan for the money.

My job is not my passion and it actively keeps me from pursuing things that I want to do.. but not things that will necessarily make me money. Just wondering how you guys plan on balancing it out?

Money VS Passion

Quote: (10-05-2011 02:52 PM)amistod Wrote:  

Well, I was thinking about the M.O.B. philosophy and also Roosh's blog post for today.

Wondering if my motivation is lacking at my job because I don't have a solid plan for the money.

My job is not my passion and it actively keeps me from pursuing things that I want to do.. but not things that will necessarily make me money. Just wondering how you guys plan on balancing it out?

"passion" can be a bad regulator, or an eternal spring.

Money VS Passion

• How do you guys balance it? Are you lucky enough to make enough money by your passion to sustain you?
  • What do you value more?
  • Are you currently trying to do both and burning out?
  • Are you working your ass off and planning to move to another country to lower the retirement age?
  1. Yes, I'm one of the lucky ones. Money and passion compliment each other.
  2. I value money more than passion
  3. Making money motivates me and my passions make me money
  4. I'm not really working my ass of yet. Becoming successful has been easier than I thought. I might buy a house in another country depending on how I feel but it won't have anything to do with retiring.

Money VS Passion

My passions are travel, keeping fit and women.If I could find a way to do them all without working I would never work another day in my life.

Money VS Passion

Quote: (10-06-2011 12:10 AM)Magnum Wrote:  

My passions are travel, keeping fit and women.If I could find a way to do them all without working I would never work another day in my life.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Money VS Passion

I could be making millions/year but my passion wane day by day. If I had known I'd feel like this, I would have gone a different path years ago.

Money VS Passion

I want to make money, of course, but I want to make money doing something I love.

Assuming I had all my necessities covered, I would do the things I want even if there where no money involved, but I wouldnt do it the other way around.

Money VS Passion

Quote: (10-07-2011 01:16 AM)OldRich Wrote:  

I could be making millions/year but my passion wane day by day. If I had known I'd feel like this, I would have gone a different path years ago.

+1

Passion, money is overrated.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Money VS Passion

Coming from a moneyed family, there's no doubt in my mind that long-term happiness is derived from an excess of passion rather an excess of money.

Money VS Passion

"The moment money becomes your motivation you are immediately not as good as someone who is stimulated by passion and internal will."
-Sebastian Vettel, F1 World Champion

Money VS Passion

Passion, but I don't expect my job to be my passion.

People with money as their highest concern are often mundane and conformist.

Quote: (11-23-2011 10:40 AM)Fujiwara Wrote:  

"The moment money becomes your motivation you are immediately not as good as someone who is stimulated by passion and internal will."
-Sebastian Vettel, F1 World Champion

Nice quote.

Money VS Passion

Over the past 4 years, I"ve had no work/life balance at all, its been all work, work and more work! In the past 3 months, I've had 10 days off, and have been working on average 90+hrs/week, thankfully, I"m done in 5 days and will be off work until April.

Sure the money is awesome, I"m debt free and I am going to do some extended international travel soon, but in the past 2 years especially, I haven't had much time for myself to pursue hobbies and passions, I've become pretty boring actually!

My advice is to get your financial house in order, avoid major debt, and don't work too much, you'll burn out, just like me!!!

Money VS Passion

My Passion...a combination.hopefully head to Brazil for 3 passions,Sport Music and Beautiful Women at the World Cup:

Money VS Passion

You need money to follow your passions in my opinion.

Once you have the cash rolling in you can do whatever the fuck you want.
IT also helps that I'm enjoying Internet Marketing a fair bit.

Money VS Passion

The problem with choosing passion over money is like choosing to major in English instead of Engineering.

Sure, you may have a passion for it, but I doubt you'll find a job that pays you a decent amount that will help you with your international travel lifestyle.

For the most part, doing what you love will not make you money. Make enough money so that you can then focus on your passions, or you'll end up being a broke guy living from paycheck to paycheck with not enough time to focus on his passions.

Hello.

Money VS Passion

The only reason I want money is to do what I'm passionate abou...travelling the world. Shame I can't find an easier way to make money.

Money VS Passion

i never met a person who makes alot of money without passion

Money VS Passion

Quote: (11-24-2011 06:37 PM)StraightMackin Wrote:  

What about all the lawyers/bankers out there?

Money VS Passion

Quote: (11-25-2011 09:20 AM)nmmoooreland20 Wrote:  

What about all the lawyers/bankers out there?

I'd say their passion is about status/power/money. It's a diminishing minority that have a passion about endless law texts or figures.

Money VS Passion

You will never go wrong with that brother. Back about ten years ago, my elder brother really struggled in school. His real passion was to make money. Now he is a millionaire at 34. At his level, he doesn't have to say a word. He game is on other level. He really doesn't have game. Women look at him the way a fat boy look at candy.

I am 30 years. Did everything by the books( went to college and all that...)... still living in a one bedroom apartment

Quote: (10-05-2011 10:26 AM)Imthattypeofguy Wrote:  

My passion is to make money. All the fun stuff are just perks along the way[Image: tdcs.gif]

Money VS Passion

Again True Talk