rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Paradox

The Paradox

I am 26 years old, so I guess this dilemma is mostly for those of us in our 20's and 30's.

We either have time or money, but rarely do we have both. We are faced with a dilemma. Do we sacrifice our time to make money, and thereby "buy back" our time later in life, gambling in the process with the hope that we don't succumb to a sudden death? Or do we enjoy the time of our youth, but risk leaving our future self without the comforts and securities of the fruits of our early labors?

A similar conflict exists in the relationship world. The question is whether to settle down and marry or not.

So, there seems to be a constant battle between responsibility and freedom, money and time. And it seems to me as if it is all or nothing, one way or the other. It seems to me that if you try to get both then you get none.

Would be interested to hear thoughts on this, and whether I am misunderstanding the options.

The Paradox

I used to have neither and it was tough.
Now I have both and its wonderful.

In between I sacrificed health and time to build a side hustle while working my main job. Everything is available to us online. You can pick up almost any craft you want to learn and find:

- fantastic courses online, many free
- online communities where you can learn together
- direct access to the greatest people in your chosen craft

On top of that its so easy nowadays to find very talented people for fair costs to help you.

You can also automate so much today using for example Python.

Never in any point of history has it been as easy as it is now.

The Paradox

Once you swallow the Red Pill and survive you do not want to marry anymore. This also means you do not need to buy a large house (to keep wife happy). You do not need two cars (one for you, one for wife). You do not need expensive furniture (wives want that crap). You do not need to buy flowers for wife (you get idea).

This means you need a whole lot less money.

This means you have to work less and have more time.

Only three ways to do something: "The right way. The wrong way. Or my way. Obviously my way is best."

The Paradox

I had the same problem when I was 26. I was living in a basement with no job but I still tried living it up. I had some successes with girls and even a relationship but ultimately I abandoned it and sacrificed my time for money. I became successful by the time I became 32. Looking back none of it would have been possible if I didn't leave my city. It was a easy choice for me, I wasn't heavily entrenched in a relationship and there weren't any opportunities.