rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Article: Why men are in trouble

Interesting article, though nothing surprising.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/04/opinion/be...index.html

Anyone heard of this Bennett? His book sounds interesting: http://tntradebooks.com/bookofman/

Sent this response to the girl who emailed it to me. Thought I'd break it down in terms she might understand.

Thanks to feminism the best men have no incentive to settle down. High status men's dating options grow as they grow older. They can date younger women for as long as they like. There's no reason to get married anymore and there's no particular benefit; in the US you make a 2:1 odds that you may lose half your assets - without any upside.

Lower status men are left behind and retreat into video games as better men monopolise all the desirable women. As women become more accomplished, their potential dating pool shrinks since they generally want to date up, or at least date men they can respect in some way. This arrangement can be made to work for the well-off, but not the middle classes and down. Divorce and single parent families are the biggest drivers of the current US homelessness epidemic.  

This means more boys raised without male role models, meaning the problem grows from this generation to the next. It's a bleak future.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

He's a fairly famous social conservative. This is the first I've heard of this book though, good find. See his Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Bennett

Lol, at first I saw your response in Italics and thought those were Bennett's words. I thought, finally, a famous conservative who's bringing attention to the social dysfunction. But no, he's just another white knight:

Quote:Quote:

Movies are filled with stories of men who refuse to grow up and refuse to take responsibility in relationships. Men, some obsessed with sex, treat women as toys to be discarded when things get complicated...

We may need to say to a number of our twenty-something men, "Get off the video games five hours a day, get yourself together, get a challenging job and get married." It's time for men to man up.

He's blind. He's stuck in the paradigm of "all women want to be in stable long term monogamous relationships with nice good men." Seen from that angle, men are in fact to blame. But that angle is wrong. Women today have other desires, and have serious faults themselves.

Quote: (10-04-2011 04:47 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

He's a fairly famous social conservative. This is the first I've heard of this book though, good find. See his Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Bennett

Lol, at first I saw your response in Italics and thought those were Bennett's words. I thought, finally, a famous conservative who's bringing attention to the social dysfunction. But no, he's just another white knight:

Movies are filled with stories of men who refuse to grow up and refuse to take responsibility in relationships. Men, some obsessed with sex, treat women as toys to be discarded when things get complicated...

We may need to say to a number of our twenty-something men, "Get off the video games five hours a day, get yourself together, get a challenging job and get married." It's time for men to man up.

He's blind. He's stuck in the paradigm of "all women want to be in stable long term monogamous relationships with nice good men." Seen from that angle, men are in fact to blame. But that angle is wrong. Women today have other desires, and have serious faults themselves.

Hah. Asking men to man up with no reference to women's duties is standard for this crowd; like if we could just socially engineer men to want to settle down and marry everything would be fine.

Understandable as a generational thing, but I see young conservatives who are equally blind.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

We'll be fine :-p ...when women's biological clocks are ticking...they'll HAVE to get anyman's semen in them lol. That'll just make the game easier for us considering they'll want to be around true men lol.

"Get off the video games five hours a day, get yourself together, get a challenging job and get married."

The "challenging job" part might be a little difficult. There are not many of those to go round at the moment. Women are taking the lions share of them.

Feminism is to men what communism is to industry. Remove incentive and the whole system eventually collapses.

Thanks to feminism the best men have no incentive to settle down. High status men's dating options grow as they grow older.

...which isn't entirely bad news depending on what side of the power curve you're on. I know I've learned MY lesson there.

Quote: (10-04-2011 10:22 PM)Hooligan Harry Wrote:  

Feminism is to men what communism is to industry. Remove incentive and the whole system eventually collapses.

Perfect analogy.

As for the article:

The Founding Fathers believed, and the evidence still shows, that industriousness, marriage and religion are a very important basis for male empowerment and achievement.

What a delusional retard.

Industriousness? Jefferson believed men should be out on farms. Schools back then were only for the extremely wealthy. Today we send everyone to school so they can waste obscene amounts of money and rack up huge debts. Few learn trade skills because it's believed to be a "losers route" through life.

Marriage? In Washington's time, if a woman divorced you the man kept the kids, his house, his job, and pretty much everything he acquired during marriage. The only way a woman could take anything of the man's is if the man was proven to be a cheater. Domestic violence wasn't a crime and hitting a woman to keep her in line was perfectly acceptable.

Religion? Half the founding fathers didn't believe in Christ, and all of them kept their religion as part of their private life. The women who attended church were either virgins or wives, encouraging the attendance of men. In today's church, women between the ages of 20-26 are almost nowhere to be found, who are instead living the Sex in the City lifestyle somewhere around the world.

This guy is nothing more than a shill for feminists, he's clearly owned by his wife and is not the example of what a man should be. Pathetic.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

We don't have to become fathers to mentor children & teenagers. Granted, they're not ours, but still.

Quote: (10-04-2011 11:02 PM)Stitch Wrote:  

Thanks to feminism the best men have no incentive to settle down. High status men's dating options grow as they grow older.

...which isn't entirely bad news depending on what side of the power curve you're on. I know I've learned MY lesson there.

Its especially great for young guys who learn game since their college years will be fuck fests, and then as they get older and acquire status they'll continue with banging hot girls.

Not bad at all.

Quote: (10-04-2011 11:34 PM)scorpio Wrote:  

We don't have to become fathers to mentor children & teenagers. Granted, they're not ours, but still.

Agreed, I have learnt a lot from older men. One of the men I respect most is a 33 year old player who dominates in every aspect of his life(money, fitness, game). There's a lot of great stuff to be learned from older men.

Incredibly well stated, HH.

You write A LOT of long ass posts (mostly good stuff) that at times can get tiring to read....but this get +1 from me.

That's gold.

This guy is a family values and religion, right wing nut.

He is not condoning the lifestyle prescribed on this board by any means and in fact points to it as one of the problems.

I believe Roosh's post today is based upon this article

That's a great analogy.

Quote: (10-05-2011 07:24 AM)Luckystar Wrote:  

You write A LOT of long ass posts (mostly good stuff) that at times can get tiring to read....but this get +1 from me.

Master of the neg, you are.