rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What Are Icelandic People Like?

So I'm considering some long-term travel to Iceland for work. Part of this travel might involve running an ad campaign there, which has me thinking - what is the national character of Icelandic people?

In America, people are very independent. There is this rugged individualist idea. When you travel in Europe, that isn't there. So if I'm trying to talk to Icelandic people or sell them stuff, I need to know what their mindset is.

Anyone visited long enough to know?

When I was there I saw more foreigners than locals, so chances are while they are very friendly they won't be very welcoming to your sales pitch. There is great tourism there and flights from Europe and the US are dirt cheap, so I suggest visiting for a few days before you make any decision.

I've worked with some Icelandic people in business. Very friendly and straightforward people. I can't get over the fact that there's only 300,000 people in Iceland. This must be a huge influence on the national character. Everyone knows everyone, and the recent (last 5-10 years only) boom in tourism must be quite disorienting for them. Don't expect to be "in" with them when a volume of foreigners more than the entire country's population flies in and out on a monthly basis.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

I heard there's some like genetic/family tree app in Iceland that people use before going on dates to see if they're actually somehow related. That's funny.

Knew some guys from Iceland once. Cool guys, but absurdly liberal. OP if you go and raise a toast to say cheers, or skal, you have to stare piercingly into the other persons eyes as if you're trying to look straight into their soul. I thought Aussies were strict on that, Icelanders take it to a whole new level.

I guess skal means skull. Vikings used to drink from their dead enemies skulls or something like that.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk

I always felt bad for Icelandic dudes, have IMO put up with the most foreign competition per population. Every traveler has an idealist notion about the place like that

Quote: (11-02-2018 11:23 AM)LoveBug Wrote:  

I always felt bad for Icelandic dudes, have IMO put up with the most foreign competition per population. Every traveler has an idealist notion about the place like that

Icelandic dudes probably manage, considering they are on average the strongest and tallest of all Europeans.

Icelandic guys are good looking on average.

No different than anyone else.

Been there 3x and loved it

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

There's a 3 part video on YouTube from "Dating Beyond Borders" on "Singles in Iceland". Highly recommended.

They also have a number of "You Know You are Dating a _____ When..." videos. Lots of fun.